PDA

View Full Version : question on drop rates and level of map completion

Ohaithere
07-24-2012, 02:01 AM
hey so i have heard quite a few times that if you master a map past level 1 the drop rates will increase, but i have not seen a thread discussing this.

do we know how big the increase in drop rates will be and if it definitely happens? if this is the case it might be very beneficial to master the final map once or twice because 500 of the explosives will take a long time and then there is also the car with good stats and a few other items worth farming.

can we find out from the data the different rates as well for different levels of mastery?

thanks... sorry this isnt a very organised thread.

Coco c
07-24-2012, 02:25 AM
I'm pretty sure the drop rates don't increase as you master the maps. The only thing that increases is the money payout.

BOS
07-24-2012, 05:25 AM
Great question. Plux made a statement about drop ratio's and level mastery, any clarification from the number crunchers, or anyone with in-game experience would be great.

mxz
07-24-2012, 05:41 AM
There's nothing in the game data that I've seen to support this. Assume it's a static number that is independent from map completion.

BOS
07-24-2012, 05:47 AM
There's nothing in the game data that I've seen to support this. Assume it's a static number that is independent from map completion.

Thanks mxz, that's the anwser I was hoping for.

Ohaithere
07-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys... Mxz if you have the game data would you be able to let us know if the game data can give us an idea about payouts being higher after map completion? If so is it a percentage or does it vary from map to map? Thanks

mxz
07-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks guys... Mxz if you have the game data would you be able to let us know if the game data can give us an idea about payouts being higher after map completion? If so is it a percentage or does it vary from map to map? ThanksThere's a minimum amount and a maximum amount. It appears to be weighted towards the minimum when you start and shifts towards the maximum as you level the map up. Nothing too magical there just a random number generator...you could still get the max $$ with the map at level 1, based on experience and how I'd design the code, you're just less likely.

Second Comming
07-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Id also agree that map completion doesnt increase the % of drop rates as the % are static. They only change on the rare occasion greezio change them .

_dan_
07-24-2012, 03:20 PM
I believe it does not increase the chance for dropping item. But my experience does not approve that.

Remember M4A1s looting in Junkyard ? At beginning everyone loot M4A1 at that place, less energy, easy to have 10-20 M4A1s/day. Later Funkio adjust the dropping rate to nearly zero, that even player spend whole day looting at that place they may only get from 0 to 3 M4A1s, and most players move to Boardwalk for M4A1s.

However I still loot M4A1s at that place. Simply master Junkyard to level 2, the drop rate still better than looting M4A1s at Boardwalk where too many players focus at that place.

I don't believe master area will give player better dropping rate, but somehow that happened, I can't explain why.