PDA

View Full Version : Gunther died

Buggs1a
07-23-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm really sad now with the loss of my brothers Dog Gunther. He was a German Short Haired Pointer. Awesome doggy. 14 yrs old. He put him down last night cus Gunther was having a hard time with stuff being he was older.

Long time ago he stayed at my home because my brother didn't have any room for him. I don't remember back then, but I know it was for a few years. Gunther was a tunnel dog. Well, that's what I called him. If I was laying on my stomach on the floor he would stick his nose on the floor trying to get under my arm. Or if I was covering my face/head he'd try to like tunnel under my arms. Really funny. I called him funny doggy because he was funny and I am mentally younger immature then my age. Meaning development took longer for my emotions and some other like learning stuff.

One day long time ago I was driving in my truck and I was singing. You funny doggy, Gunther funny doggy, you funny funny doggy, I said you so funny doggy.

Since I haven't seen him but once a year about for the last many years, I'm not as hurt as I would be if he was my dog or stayed here a lot more. Yesterday my brother dropped off Gunther and Kahana his yellow lab girl. Hes going on vacation with his wife and 2 girls. One just turned 2 and the other is I think 5 or so. He dropped off the dogs for us to watch them while my brother is gone. I got to see Gunther like 3 minutes. I sat down on the floor and pet him a bit and kinda hugged him once. Then went to my room. Few hrs later I came out and Gunther was gone. I was told my brother wanted to put him down after seeing Gunther have a hard time walking when he was here. So he went home, talked with his wife, then came back to get him.

He came over today to be with Kahana a bit. He leaves tomorrow for vacation. I heard him talking to my mother and man, he's well, you can imagine.

I cried a bit yesterday and today. Nice doggy. Funny doggy. And I guess I'm hurt for my brother too. Hearing my brother talk to my mom made me think, I don't think I want to have a pet ever. I don't wanna go through the loss when it came. Plus I don't want to take care of one really.

I'm just really bumed right now and wish so much I had someone special to be with right now. I have Jesus, but I mean girlfriend/wife.

Anyway.

enahs1
07-23-2012, 09:13 PM
My condolences...
That's is the worst part of having a pet, but, they create so many happy memories and it's awesome to be with them and watch them grow up.

marebear
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Sorry to hear about Gunther. Dogs are great. I'm glad Gunther had good people to treat him well while he was here. Sorry you are missing him :( (((((hugs)))))

Buggs1a
07-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys.
I'm not good with memory because they depress me.

overkill 280
07-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Sorry to hear about your brothers dog :( It's hard to lose a close pet, Take care buddy :)

Jhoemel
07-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Sorry to here that. Its hard losing something that is close to you but be strong. I know gunther wants you to be happy :)

mickymacirl
07-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Horrible to read that, I'm sorry for your loss, just remember, you will meet again somewhere. I bet doggy heaven is sweet!!!

War Priest
07-24-2012, 01:34 AM
Sorry buddy. Now he is in doggie heaven. :)

By the way, you never sent me an xbox request so I sent you one.

iWar
07-24-2012, 01:39 AM
sorry to hear that, always sad when a pet dies.

Buggs1a
07-24-2012, 06:46 AM
WP,, I did but canceled cus it taking so long, :)

Umm, I don't know but I hope our dogs do go to heaven to be with God. Then people saved get there and the dog is there. I don't see why not.

Yeah, I love love love dogs. He such a nice and funny doggy.
Boy I cried last night, :(

Boom
07-24-2012, 07:12 AM
Idk I like dogs but monkeys for me are just cooler..

Mackdaddy
07-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Sorry Buggs, pets are a part of the family just like everyone else and it's difficult when you loose them. As far as never having a pet I would re think that when the time is right. As long as someone's life style can handle the commitment, pets can be loyal creatures with unconditional love for their keepers. I would say that people are missing out in life if they have not had the experince and companionship of pets.
I know Gunther cannot be replaced but in time there my be another creature out there to have a relationship with you.
Take care.

War Priest
07-24-2012, 11:22 AM
WP,, I did but canceled cus it taking so long, :)

Umm, I don't know but I hope our dogs do go to heaven to be with God. Then people saved get there and the dog is there. I don't see why not.

Yeah, I love love love dogs. He such a nice and funny doggy.
Boy I cried last night, :(

Because I didn't get on until last night.

War Priest
07-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Idk I like dogs but monkeys for me are just cooler..

Monkeys pick bugs off eachother's asses. But snakes, snakes are cool. I miss my green anaconda. :(

Crime City Mark
07-24-2012, 12:12 PM
My condolences for the loss of your furry friend. I hope you feel better soon.

Buggs1a
07-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks CCM.
I cried today a bit, but not sure why. Sort,y after I woke up this morning. Within a few minutes of waking up im still in bed and come here on my IPad 3. I see CCM post and then start crying.
But yeah I feel bad. Seems like I'm more affected emotionally then my parents. I pray a bit about this. Oh how I long to be close to Jesus so much.

I cry, but then other stuff that makes me cry gets in my head so I cry even more.

Kiss Of Death
07-25-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm really sad now with the loss of my brothers Dog Gunther. He was a German Short Haired Pointer. Awesome doggy. 14 yrs old. He put him down last night cus Gunther was having a hard time with stuff being he was older.

Long time ago he stayed at my home because my brother didn't have any room for him. I don't remember back then, but I know it was for a few years. Gunther was a tunnel dog. Well, that's what I called him. If I was laying on my stomach on the floor he would stick his nose on the floor trying to get under my arm. Or if I was covering my face/head he'd try to like tunnel under my arms. Really funny. I called him funny doggy because he was funny and I am mentally younger immature then my age. Meaning development took longer for my emotions and some other like learning stuff.

One day long time ago I was driving in my truck and I was singing. You funny doggy, Gunther funny doggy, you funny funny doggy, I said you so funny doggy.

Since I haven't seen him but once a year about for the last many years, I'm not as hurt as I would be if he was my dog or stayed here a lot more. Yesterday my brother dropped off Gunther and Kahana his yellow lab girl. Hes going on vacation with his wife and 2 girls. One just turned 2 and the other is I think 5 or so. He dropped off the dogs for us to watch them while my brother is gone. I got to see Gunther like 3 minutes. I sat down on the floor and pet him a bit and kinda hugged him once. Then went to my room. Few hrs later I came out and Gunther was gone. I was told my brother wanted to put him down after seeing Gunther have a hard time walking when he was here. So he went home, talked with his wife, then came back to get him.

He came over today to be with Kahana a bit. He leaves tomorrow for vacation. I heard him talking to my mother and man, he's well, you can imagine.

I cried a bit yesterday and today. Nice doggy. Funny doggy. And I guess I'm hurt for my brother too. Hearing my brother talk to my mom made me think, I don't think I want to have a pet ever. I don't wanna go through the loss when it came. Plus I don't want to take care of one really.

I'm just really bumed right now and wish so much I had someone special to be with right now. I have Jesus, but I mean girlfriend/wife.

Anyway.

How can a man like you NOT have a girlfriend? Are you only this sensitive about dogs or are you this genuine with women too? Wow... you seem so nice... or are you just shy around women - see my Dog Bowie in my Avatar... he's nine and I've had to explain to my kids that he won't be with us much longer (10,6,3,1) and the 6 year old who has very severe Aspergers didn't take it very well even though we were talking about 3-4 years away, he got really upset that he would not be there forever... But having pets is important because it can teach you how to deal with grief and responsibility... and besides, lots of girls dig a nice dog if you take it for walks in parks, especially if its a puppy... helloooo young ladies.

Buggs1a
07-26-2012, 10:03 AM
How can a man like you NOT have a girlfriend? Are you only this sensitive about dogs or are you this genuine with women too? Wow... you seem so nice... or are you just shy around women - see my Dog Bowie in my Avatar... he's nine and I've had to explain to my kids that he won't be with us much longer (10,6,3,1) and the 6 year old who has very severe Aspergers didn't take it very well even though we were talking about 3-4 years away, he got really upset that he would not be there forever... But having pets is important because it can teach you how to deal with grief and responsibility... and besides, lots of girls dig a nice dog if you take it for walks in parks, especially if its a puppy... helloooo young ladies.

Hi.
Thank you for your kind words.

Actually I am genuinely loving and gentle with people, specially women/girls. However sometimes I have a hard time bringing my heart out. I'm not sure why.

Sometimes things really affect me. Like seeing someone in a wheel chair or seeing babies. I cry sometimes when I hear a baby cry on tv or even see one. People that are hurt or disabled, I wish so much, so strongly I could lay my hands on them, pray for them to be healed and Jesus heal them. I've been at my local Safeway grocery store. I was walking and saw someone disabled in a wheel chair and I cried pretty hard for a few minutes. I had to stop and lean my head against a shelf. I paused because I felt like I really wanted to go to him and lay my hands on him and then Jesus heal him. I wanted this so desperately. But sadly I don't have that gift. I say sadly because I hurt when I see people suffer and wish so much for their healing.

I'm in love with dogs. I just love em. They can be so cute, so funny. So awesome to play with. They make me laugh. I just hate the feeling I get at the loss of a pet or something/someone important.

I don't know anyone. I mean like friends. Its hard to meet anyone. I know who I am in Jesus. I know how much I long to be with someone. How much love I have I want to share and give to someone so much. I want to share Jesus with others/her so much. I want to serve others/her.

I been kinda bumed sometimes the last few days about Gunther. He such a nice, sweet funny doggy.

Boom
07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
Monkeys pick bugs off eachother's asses. But snakes, snakes are cool. I miss my green anaconda. :(It's family help!!! Snakes eats dogs..

Buggs1a
07-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Please boom, no more.
Jesus bless you. And Jesus bless you CCM!!!!

SeqWins
07-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Buggs1a you need a can of MAN THE F up..god man...you're depressing the living hell out of everybody

BTW you're nominated for that category and so far you're the unanimous winner so we expect an acceptance speech( Depressing one of course)

Like a good friend of mine said on pm

"Buggs1a would make a lottery winner want to commit suicide"

Have a nice day.

Bronson
07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Buggs1a you need a can of MAN THE F up..god man...you're depressing the living hell out of everybody

BTW you're nominated for that category and so far you're the unanimous winner so we expect an acceptance speech( Depressing one of course)

Like a good friend of mine said on pm

"Buggs1a would make a lottery winner want to commit suicide"

Have a nice day.

Dam Seqs who said that??

CAPT.GIN
07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Kinda mean seq but you so have a point...

SeqWins
07-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Kinda mean seq but you so have a point...

Hey I'm not the biggest a-hole winner for nothing.

War Priest
07-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Hey I'm not the biggest a-hole winner for nothing.

Haha..! :D

CAPT.GIN
07-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Good job seek bug juice is reading this and probably crying a river...

Buggs1a
07-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Please stop.

Buggs1a
07-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Good job seek bug juice is reading this and probably crying a river...

Please stop.

SeqWins
07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Well I've reported seq for his rude, insulting horable post, he needs a serious ban. He totally seems harsh to anyone and we don't need him here. What he said is inexcusable and despicable.

Are you going to cry dude? Need a hug? You know there is actually a thread for MW Grammys and you were nominated for most depressing that wasn't even a joke. And I need a ban? Do you think you have contributed more than me I. This forum? Go kicks rocks and grow some cojones and stop being all sentimental.

Vballmadam
07-26-2012, 05:28 PM
I understand completely. My dog Doogie died when we were on vacation 2 years ago. My children didn't tell me because they didn't want to ruin our vacation. He was my child warm, loving, appreciative, never talked back and always happy to see me. He never left my side even when i would get sick, he would stay in bed all day with me. I believe Jesus welcomed him with open arms and that i will meet up with him one day.

The following year my dog Maxxi died on the exact same day in the exact same way. (They drowned.) The vet said when dogs are really old they sometimes put themselves out of misery.

My heart bleeds with yours.

Buggs1a
07-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I understand completely. My dog Doogie died when we were on vacation 2 years ago. My children didn't tell me because they didn't want to ruin our vacation. He was my child warm, loving, appreciative, never talked back and always happy to see me. He never left my side even when i would get sick, he would stay in bed all day with me. I believe Jesus welcomed him with open arms and that i will meet up with him one day.

The following year my dog Maxxi died on the exact same day in the exact same way. (They drowned.) The vet said when dogs are really old they sometimes put themselves out of misery.

My heart bleeds with yours.

Wowzers, :((((

And seq, please forgive me for like, arguing with you or whatever. I'm sorry. Truly.

Lordsloss
07-26-2012, 07:04 PM
When my dog did I buried him in the backyard and got on with my life. Didn't go posting it on a forum wanting everyone to know about it and want their sympathy. I had him for 15 years and loved him to death, but I got a new one. Fixed that sadness right up.

Mcdoc
07-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah - I saw a dead Rollie Pollie on my front porch earlier and shed a little tear for him.

J/K Buggsa! Sorry to hear about your pet - lost a few in my days and it just means your a little more human than that Super Soldier Seq :)

Buggs1a
07-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Well I posted to share. To open up to people here as a friend and in some cases as a brother. I also wanted to vent a bit and this was a way to let it out.

I never would have expected to ridiculed and criticized and put down so harshly. And I am tru.y sorry for responding to seq. I don't like conflict and I prefer to love and be gentle with people, even though sometimes I have a hard time with that.

Crime City Mark
07-26-2012, 08:03 PM
Are you going to cry dude? Need a hug? You know there is actually a thread for MW Grammys and you were nominated for most depressing that wasn't even a joke. And I need a ban? Do you think you have contributed more than me I. This forum? Go kicks rocks and grow some cojones and stop being all sentimental.

Or you could stop kicking someone when they're down. Just walk away from this thread.

War Priest
07-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Or you could stop kicking someone when they're down. Just walk away from this thread.

There are no rules in a real fight. :eek:

Just kidding... I like messing with you. :D

Hondo
07-26-2012, 08:58 PM
Hey Buggs, I feel your pain. I had a cat for about 14 or 15 years. He was the meanest cat I ever met. He whipped all my nephews that didn't pay attention to my warnings. We saw eye to eye though. I was the only person he ever liked. He took care of the mice and I would give him a few Cheetos. That was one cool cat, a fighter. Your story brought up some good memories. Thanks for sharing.

Buggs1a
07-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Hey Buggs, I feel your pain. I had a cat for about 14 or 15 years. He was the meanest cat I ever met. He whipped all my nephews that didn't pay attention to my warnings. We saw eye to eye though. I was the only person he ever liked. He took care of the mice and I would give him a few Cheetos. That was one cool cat, a fighter. Your story brought up some good memories. Thanks for sharing.

Aww, lol at Cheetos. That's just funny, in a good way. But sad that the cat was. Mean, :( that was an ooollddd cat, but I don't know how old they can get. I like cats too.

I'm still bummed. I feel like crying sometimes, when it's late and I wanna be close to Jesus.

overkill 280
07-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Are you going to cry dude? Need a hug? You know there is actually a thread for MW Grammys and you were nominated for most depressing that wasn't even a joke. And I need a ban? Do you think you have contributed more than me I. This forum? Go kicks rocks and grow some cojones and stop being all sentimental.Seriously Seq?!?! I'm soooo seriously just not going to write anything..Cause it wouldn't be good!! Other then cool it!

Kiss Of Death
07-27-2012, 03:35 AM
Ok, I am someone who has been attacked in the forum a number of times and it sucks, but then I have spent a life fighting with words and will meet a challenge in a seemingly acceptable but demeaning way. But I don't attack religion regardless of my own aggitations and feeling about those who keep referencing it. There is a line and even I think SeqWin you crossed it earlier... Buggs I have to be honest, you will always attract problems constantly bringing up Jesus because as much as you love God and your faith, there are many who do no follow or share your religious views. It is not good etiquette to constantly push religious comments in public forums because there are Muslims, Hindus and so many more players who will find offense to so much repetitive commenting. Share your grief is a good thing, and I share mine with players here but I share very personal issues only by PM or by personal email. I respect your faith but some respect of others may be needed here too? this is a war game forum. You are very sensitive and many men will not understand your emotional capabilities! And yes they are capabilities. But you are treading water with sharks when you do. Most guys cry I've ever been with and staunchly deny it.Thank you for sharing your feelings, but I think it was the constant Jesus references that have set you apart and opened the door to others who find that offensive to thier own dogma. Lol pun intended.I'll PM you later : a personal message to share some of your pain.

overkill 280
07-27-2012, 07:16 AM
@KOD very well said! :)

LuLu:)
07-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Sorry for your loss Buggs. Stay strong in your faith, if others are offended by your Jesus references perhaps they shouldn't read the thread. Just like I am offended by certain innuendos or blatant more mature references some forum members make, I don't have to read it. I do agree 'religion' shouldn't be talked about publicly here as there are way too many differences of opinion on that.

overkill 280
07-27-2012, 07:49 AM
@lu very well said :)

Boom
07-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Overkill very well said :)

overkill 280
07-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Overkill very well said :)Just listen to women...They are usually right :( lol

Arizona
07-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Looks like everyone wants to pat each other on the back... Well said!

Buggs... I am sorry to hear about your loss. I know what it's like. I took my German Shepherd to the vet and watched him put down. I talked to him all the time while his eyes went blank, and I hand my hand on his chest feeling his heart slowly stop. It was obviously sad, but I wouldn't trade it for all the years of happiness he brought to us.
Have a new GS now, only a few years old, 2.5yrs and he's a lot of fun. People move on and find new ways to share happiness, instead of grieving for the past.
It's not for any of us to tell you when you should, but I hope you find it in yourself to move on to better things. There's a whole world out there waiting. You make of it what you will. Nothing is predetermined and it's yours for the taking.