PDA

View Full Version : Feature Proposal!

Crime City Mark
07-23-2012, 01:27 PM
How would you like a feature that allows you to upload video of your action in game to a site like YouTube? This way you could show off your victories against rivals or easily show any bugs you find or any number of other things.

Boom
07-23-2012, 01:36 PM
I guess it could help. MAYBE

Coco c
07-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I think the server is slow enough already. Video would only make it worse.

Luciferianism
07-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Not really necessary. I'd rather the time and resources were used on other things. It would probably only be used as a novelty a couple of times by the various gangs beating each other senseless, best case scenario. Worst case scenario it's used by cheaters blowing their own horns and promoting it, or as a show case for any glitches. I'm not sure why you want people to be videoing bugs.

Dreno33
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
ONLY IF we would be able to speak into our mic on out phone to record sound. that way, we could explain the cheater's details easier while showing you.

Babytway
07-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Not really necessary. I'd rather the time and resources were used on other things. It would probably only be used as a novelty a couple of times by the various gangs beating each other senseless, best case scenario. Worst case scenario it's used by cheaters blowing their own horns and promoting it, or as a show case for any glitches. I'm not sure why you want people to be videoing bugs.

I agree with this as place for cheaters to show off there skills and rub our faces in it. soon as there acct gets banned they just hack and make a new one and do it all over again

Dr BoneCrusher
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes, I think it would be great. Sometimes it's nice to show off all your hard work.

TRAZ
07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Too many other valid issues ongoing that needs resources directed to them. Fix those in the pipeline first, address customer concerns, then allocate resources to new projects.

chimera69
07-23-2012, 02:44 PM
What in game action? Play is mostly static pics - your hood, event items won, etc. That lends itself more to posting pics & notifications on Facebook, not a YouTube video.

As for "showing bugs" ... You appear to be suggesting that we'd use a secondary website to inform Gree of bugs & problems instead of sending a ticket outlining the problem (and sending pics along with the message if needed) directly to the company. Is there any reason that customer service or engineering needs to see video of the issue to understand what the player is talking about? Time and resources for all could be better utilized.

Having said all of this, I do appreciate that you're thinking of different ways to improve play & the forum. Maybe just start with simpler, more direct things that improve player-company communications & responsiveness to problems.

AFed
07-23-2012, 02:52 PM
At this point, I'd rather see things that make gameplay more enjoyable (new buildings, respect items, etc.) Since the game is relatively static, there isn't much that seems to be doable with video. My guess is the community would grow bored with this feature relatively quickly (and would make the servers more apt to crash).

kykboxr
07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Too many other valid issues ongoing that needs resources directed to them. Fix those in the pipeline first, address customer concerns, then allocate resources to new projects.

x1

Seany527
07-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I don't think its really necessary. Spend the time creating events that are more fair, even for non gold users.

Joeycool
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Not necessary I dont think.

The game does not have much action as such. Its a number crunching game. Its not like FIFA where you want people to see your goals etc.

vitus79
07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
as most said, we dont need that kind of feature to keep us interested, get rid of the cheaters in first place. check ur pm plz Mark

sexkitteh
07-23-2012, 03:51 PM
I know I'm going slightly off topic - but you mention to show off your victories... so I'm assuming you guys want to look at a way to have more "gang fighting" abilities... and having more of way to rub in a win...

Anyways - I use to play a FB game called mobsters (I think?) and it had 2 awesome features that I think would go a long way in this game:

1) a health bar... so you could get killed... if you die you can't attack.
2) attack people that leave comments on your wall... so if you're going to trash talk... you can get attacked - not only by that persons profile - but by anyone that visits that wall...

So lets say I leave a nasty msg on CK Gwiz's wall but I'm twice as powerful as him - well Baroness can attack me via that comment I left on the wall...

:D

This would make having a "gang" MUCH more useful....

Babytway
07-23-2012, 04:00 PM
as most said, we dont need that kind of feature to keep us interested, get rid of the cheaters in first place. check ur pm plz Mark

In my CCM impersonation: Don't hijack my thread with request to check my pm's :)

vitus79
07-23-2012, 04:02 PM
In my CCM impersonation: Don't hijack my thread with request to check my pm's :)

hey its only half jacked, i said we dont need the feature, its only feeding the cheaters :)

Crime City Mark
07-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! Really appreciate it.

procsyzarc
07-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Would be ok if there were no opportunity cost but we all know this is not the case so no.

Fake
07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
I agree with this as place for cheaters to show off there skills and rub our faces in it. soon as there acct gets banned they just hack and make a new one and do it all over again

I can imagine some players trying to show off, as they frequently do on several walls, disturbing even more whom want to get some fun.

if F/G is trying to boost the game, here are several nice suggestions:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36336-What-do-YOU-want-to-see-in-Crime-City

thank you for the initiative! :)
Initiatives from your side are very welcome!

i need muney
07-24-2012, 12:02 AM
Yeah, this game works great and has everything, so why not!

The Billionaire
07-24-2012, 05:38 AM
This has got to be the worst idea i've ever seen Funzio suggest and i strongly recommend you sack the plonker who came up with it.

If it's ideas you're after here's the list the community has come up with over the last couple of months. Implement a couple of these a month and you'll be back in your customers good books in no time because i'm seeing nothing but hate towards Funzio/Gree at the moment which doesn't surprise me when your doing things like cutting the event prize pool from 500 to 250, no modifier for the Top 250 prize and cutting the event RP Loot from 500 to 300.

Funzio

Funzio encouraging good hood development.
Android and IOS get all content at the same time.
Get rid of cheaters from the game.
A confirmation pop-up before spending gold.
For the long serving forum members to be listened too. After all we are your most knowledgable customers.

Player Stats Page

Break it down a bit more to show the following - # of guns, # of melee, # of explosives, # of armor & # of vehicles.
A "Hood Established" date on the stats page.
A stat for "Money lost to attacks and robberies to date".

Menu Page

Swap the "Add Funds" button and the "News" button.
Some sort of "Notes" button where players can mark their rivals and take notes on them.
Attack and Rob buttons on the news feed list for rivals that were unsuccessful in beating you.

Attack & Defense Stats

True defensive readout for both attack defense and rob defense stats.

Mafia

Some sort of "Friends" mob list so we can add our most visited hoods to it.
Some sort of search option for our mob lists.

Jobs & Goals

Better farmable loot from jobs.
Drop rates for loot gets better in areas if you level them up.
Epic Goals that take a lengthly amount of time to complete.
A "Ranking System" like they have in Modern War.

Events

Regular PvP Tournament's, fortnightly or monthly.
Regular Robbery Tournament's, fortnightly or monthly.
Gold needed for time reset should be reduced as time passes.
Rolling events.
A way to win gold through the scratchers once in a while as a limited offer.
A way to win gold as a limited item for an event of some type.
Add more strategy into the events.
Ability to open event boxes with RP points.
EPIC Boss event like in Modern War.
Make event loot more powerful. (500 RP!!! why the drop to 300 in the latest event)
Instead of a "better luck next time" message players should collect "Event Points" which they get to spend on a choice of bonus equipment in the 24hr period after an event has ended.
Events should be advertised 24hr before they start.
Every player should start with 10 boxes at the start of the event.
Run the events for the advertised time. 1 week consists of 7 x 24hr days!
More defensive Event prizes and bonuses.
Event box drop rate increased especially from PvP

Respect Points

A higher/fourth tier of respect items, including a respect explosive.
More defensive RP guns and cars.
Double RP weekends.
The type of loot and the amount of RP's earnt from PvP and robberies should relate to the defense stat of the rival. The stronger the rival the more respect/better loot.
Mix up the type of events being released and slow down the pace of them a little bit. We've only had one PvP event and no robbery event. The rest had all been 10th item events.

In Game Cash

Make in game cash more meaningful.
Be able to withdraw instantly from the bank instead of the "Need More Money" option popping up.

Game Levels & Expansions

Expansions past the 30th expansion Maximum.
More levels past the 200 mark.

Buildings

Need more money buildings! So we can keep economists busy.
More buildings at the higher levels
Defense buildings not be labeled as worthless, and the way they work toward direct attacks needs to DRASTICALLY change.
Players should be able to upgrade money buildings and defence buildings at the same time.
Power Buildings which boost Guns,Armor,Explosives,Vehicles and Melee.
Buildings we can purchase with respect points.
Buildings that generate respect points and defense buildings produce respect for successfully defending your hood.
A building that produces gold.
More money back when we sell buildings.
Factory buildings that boost equipment stats or have the ability to upgrade equipment.
Upgrade times and amounts displayed for all buildings while upgrading another building.
We would like to see more buildings from the map areas introduced into the store. You can never have to many buildings to choose from.

Suggested Buildings

Shooting Range
Boxing Ring
Lawyers Office
Chop Shop
Court House
Coffee Shop
Supermarket
Gym
Bomb Making Factory

Decorations

Lots more decorations. Walls, grass, steel fences
The ability to display our vehicles in our hood.
On the iPad, other peoples hood decorations aren’t showing. Only buildings are visible.

Inventory

Better organised inventory's. Players should have the ability to sort attack and defense items from strongest to weakest.
Mob Market where you can sell items from your inventory.

Equipment

They should have a jet equivalent for each category costing around $84M each.
More high-end CASH equipment.
Better in game money equipment worth buying at all levels.
Have an "Armory" tab that players can move their unwanted equipment into.
Players should be able to sell their equipment.
RP explosive weapons.
The abilty to make explosives non consumable (Bomb Making Factory)

hinofwars
07-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Great Suggestion. The Billionaire.

They should also have weekly quest for event like the one in a lot of facebook game. This means the free players will be able to work their way through to earn prize.

mxz
07-24-2012, 08:13 AM
This has got to be the worst idea i've ever seen Funzio suggest Wow, a bit harsh.

To agree with the majority: there's already enough narcissism.

doinkent
07-24-2012, 08:23 AM
we have done all the work for you mark, weve proposed what we want, and you keep ignoring it. lol

dudeman
07-24-2012, 09:04 AM

This.

I don't think its really necessary. Spend the time creating events that are more fair, even for non gold users.

And this.

The game does not have much action as such. Its a number crunching game. Its not like FIFA where you want people to see your goals etc.

And this.

we have done all the work for you mark, weve proposed what we want, and you keep ignoring it. lol

THIS

Hacksaw Paul
07-24-2012, 10:48 AM
I did not read it all, but The Billionaire has hit this nail on the proverbial head!😁

The Billionaire
07-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Wow, a bit harsh.

Not really, can you remember an idea worst than this one?

To suggest an idea like this, after we had a sticky thread for a couple of weeks where the community could recommend what new content they want implemented is highly irritating. Especially when we came up with around 75 ideas which CCM apparently put into a presentation and was going to show it to us but nobodys heard anything since.

I'm just very annoyed that there's been an interest in our ideas and no further communication since besides this shocking idea.

What the hell are you going to video that anyone's going to be interested in? I'm just shocked at the lack of everything CC related and i'm becoming very reluctent to put anymore money into this game because i feel its dying rather than moving forwards.

Some of those are such minor changes it wouldn't take them long to implement yet it would boost the customers outlook on the "Company" and the "Game" massively just to see something new, better yet some of our suggestions.

Zendfrim
07-24-2012, 01:11 PM
I am quoting Bill's post in full because you guys at funzio AREN'T LISTENING.

WE WANT THE FEATURES SUGGESTED HERE. NOTHING ELSE.

You guys have some implementation to get to work on here. You need to VASTLY overhaul how defense works as well. You guys need to heavily examine the items below and get to work immediately, you guys are losing fans and profits.
This has got to be the worst idea i've ever seen Funzio suggest and i strongly recommend you sack the plonker who came up with it.

If it's ideas you're after here's the list the community has come up with over the last couple of months. Implement a couple of these a month and you'll be back in your customers good books in no time because i'm seeing nothing but hate towards Funzio/Gree at the moment which doesn't surprise me when your doing things like cutting the event prize pool from 500 to 250, no modifier for the Top 250 prize and cutting the event RP Loot from 500 to 300.

Funzio

Funzio encouraging good hood development.
Android and IOS get all content at the same time.
Get rid of cheaters from the game.
A confirmation pop-up before spending gold.
For the long serving forum members to be listened too. After all we are your most knowledgable customers.

Player Stats Page

Break it down a bit more to show the following - # of guns, # of melee, # of explosives, # of armor & # of vehicles.
A "Hood Established" date on the stats page.
A stat for "Money lost to attacks and robberies to date".

Menu Page

Swap the "Add Funds" button and the "News" button.
Some sort of "Notes" button where players can mark their rivals and take notes on them.
Attack and Rob buttons on the news feed list for rivals that were unsuccessful in beating you.

Attack & Defense Stats

True defensive readout for both attack defense and rob defense stats.

Mafia

Some sort of "Friends" mob list so we can add our most visited hoods to it.
Some sort of search option for our mob lists.

Jobs & Goals

Better farmable loot from jobs.
Drop rates for loot gets better in areas if you level them up.
Epic Goals that take a lengthly amount of time to complete.
A "Ranking System" like they have in Modern War.

Events

Regular PvP Tournament's, fortnightly or monthly.
Regular Robbery Tournament's, fortnightly or monthly.
Gold needed for time reset should be reduced as time passes.
Rolling events.
A way to win gold through the scratchers once in a while as a limited offer.
A way to win gold as a limited item for an event of some type.
Add more strategy into the events.
Ability to open event boxes with RP points.
EPIC Boss event like in Modern War.
Make event loot more powerful. (500 RP!!! why the drop to 300 in the latest event)
Instead of a "better luck next time" message players should collect "Event Points" which they get to spend on a choice of bonus equipment in the 24hr period after an event has ended.
Events should be advertised 24hr before they start.
Every player should start with 10 boxes at the start of the event.
Run the events for the advertised time. 1 week consists of 7 x 24hr days!
More defensive Event prizes and bonuses.
Event box drop rate increased especially from PvP

Respect Points

A higher/fourth tier of respect items, including a respect explosive.
More defensive RP guns and cars.
Double RP weekends.
The type of loot and the amount of RP's earnt from PvP and robberies should relate to the defense stat of the rival. The stronger the rival the more respect/better loot.
Mix up the type of events being released and slow down the pace of them a little bit. We've only had one PvP event and no robbery event. The rest had all been 10th item events.

In Game Cash

Make in game cash more meaningful.
Be able to withdraw instantly from the bank instead of the "Need More Money" option popping up.

Game Levels & Expansions

Expansions past the 30th expansion Maximum.
More levels past the 200 mark.

Buildings

Need more money buildings! So we can keep economists busy.
More buildings at the higher levels
Defense buildings not be labeled as worthless, and the way they work toward direct attacks needs to DRASTICALLY change.
Players should be able to upgrade money buildings and defence buildings at the same time.
Power Buildings which boost Guns,Armor,Explosives,Vehicles and Melee.
Buildings we can purchase with respect points.
Buildings that generate respect points and defense buildings produce respect for successfully defending your hood.
A building that produces gold.
More money back when we sell buildings.
Factory buildings that boost equipment stats or have the ability to upgrade equipment.
Upgrade times and amounts displayed for all buildings while upgrading another building.
We would like to see more buildings from the map areas introduced into the store. You can never have to many buildings to choose from.

Suggested Buildings

Shooting Range
Boxing Ring
Lawyers Office
Chop Shop
Court House
Coffee Shop
Supermarket
Gym
Bomb Making Factory

Decorations

Lots more decorations. Walls, grass, steel fences
The ability to display our vehicles in our hood.
On the iPad, other peoples hood decorations aren’t showing. Only buildings are visible.

Inventory

Better organised inventory's. Players should have the ability to sort attack and defense items from strongest to weakest.
Mob Market where you can sell items from your inventory.

Equipment

They should have a jet equivalent for each category costing around $84M each.
More high-end CASH equipment.
Better in game money equipment worth buying at all levels.
Have an "Armory" tab that players can move their unwanted equipment into.
Players should be able to sell their equipment.
RP explosive weapons.
The abilty to make explosives non consumable (Bomb Making Factory)

mxz
07-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Not really, can you remember an idea worst than this one?

To suggest an idea like this, after we had a sticky thread for a couple of weeks where the community could recommend what new content they want implemented is highly irritating. Especially when we came up with around 75 ideas which CCM apparently put into a presentation and was going to show it to us but nobodys heard anything since.Look, you're presupposing we're the only ones with ideas worth merit. Unless this is a hint at a new feature what's wrong with asking the question and soliciting feedback?

Would you rather have the developers sitting in a meeting and saying "let's do this great idea" and spend their time doing it or having Mark pose it to the community and get a feeling for whether it's worth doing or not? Let's not presume to know the whole story. The fact is, they could easily not have a community rep and do whatever they want.

joaquim
07-24-2012, 02:30 PM
People already upload their actions on YouTube. Notice how over 90% of the CC videos there are on how to hack the game.

DoughBoy
07-24-2012, 03:00 PM
For me, in the short term it would be a shiny new toy to play with but it would I think for me it would quickly become fluff and an option I'd not use unless it was for tech support. Though I find screen shots work fine for that. I'd be also miffed if it increased lags in the game.

The Billionaire
07-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Look, you're presupposing we're the only ones with ideas worth merit. Unless this is a hint at a new feature what's wrong with asking the question and soliciting feedback?

Would you rather have the developers sitting in a meeting and saying "let's do this great idea" and spend their time doing it or having Mark pose it to the community and get a feeling for whether it's worth doing or not? Let's not presume to know the whole story. The fact is, they could easily not have a community rep and do whatever they want.

True, I see your point. I think I was just shocked by the lack of quality behind the idea.

balax
07-24-2012, 10:25 PM
hi there,
exeland job billionaire with the presantation of the improvements that would be nice to see in cc.
I'm also glad that almost all of my proposals are included.
I think that it would be nice to add few more

the ability to rotate the hood (i have wrote it once)
ability to copy buldings (mostly defensive) and decoration in your hood (would help a lot with trees etc, we wouldn't have to go to shop to buy a new tree)
ability to group buildings and decoration (i'm sure Cold members would love to be able to move the sign "cold" as a group)
and finaly i want to erase all the "news" i don't want to see, many players sent entless messages and i can't get revenge from someone because he is erased from "news"

Sandukan
07-25-2012, 04:40 AM
How about improving the stability of the game.

H-Wood
07-26-2012, 09:32 PM
I really like a lot of the Billionaire's ideas. They were thought out and presented well too.

There were many other great ideas too, balax mentioned rotation, which would be cool.

Spending RP on explosives is an outstanding idea.

Stability is still a big issue on my iPad.

Also, being at level 157, I would like to see some new high level RP weapons of all types available, new buildings and some new decorations added to spice things up a bit.

On another note; I like the new event formats but would like to see the top 500 level come back as well with perhaps a smaller than top 250 prizes. I was extremely active the last two event with only a little gold but got so far below the top 250 after the 3rd day I just tried for the 20. I really liked having a big goal to shoot for and may of bought some more gold if I thought I had a chance.

Just my thoughts,
Good Luck to all!

k0de
07-28-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm not gonna go so far as to say this video thing is a bad idea, since I don't see that it will have a negative effect on the game. However, I'd certainly never use such a feature.

Still, I can see how this could work. Charge 5 gold per 30 seconds of recording or something like that. Who knows? It might be pretty popular...:rolleyes:

Zendfrim
07-28-2012, 09:03 AM
The fact is, they could easily not have a community rep and do whatever they want.They do that now so nothing would be different. This company needs to start listening. We need to get people to stop participating in events altogether. They'd listen real fast then.

Dr_GeoFry
07-29-2012, 09:48 AM
People already upload their actions on YouTube. Notice how over 90% of the CC videos there are on how to hack the game.

BETTER PROPOSAL!!!

Why not make the players on the LeaderBoard attackable? They've got crate items, and they should have to defend them. Also, there should be NPCs (non-playable characters) that can be payed to attack characters in the game, and there be NPC bodyguards in the game. Both should be crazy expensive. I'm talking $300M per character or something.

Dr_GeoFry
07-29-2012, 09:54 AM
They do that now so nothing would be different. This company needs to start listening. We need to get people to stop participating in events altogether. They'd listen real fast then.

I tried these stupid crate games a few time cuz I was mad that people get to receive great items by buying them with real money, and I had played honestly and had gotten my town up and running, earning lots of money. I was lvl 10 when I decided to try these games, and now I'm lvl 30. These crate games piss me off. I suggested making it easier to get the crate items so that basically everybody playing using cash to open crates should be able to get to 20 items. Let the ppl paying with real money go for the Top 250 / Top 25.

Stav
07-30-2012, 01:09 AM
Hi, If this helps to stop the hackers then I am all for it.

nytelock
07-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Great post the billionaire. We appreciate it and hope funzio really AT LeAST choose one of them.. Sigh I'm on the verge of quitting

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-30-2012, 10:33 AM
I think it would be helpful for busting cheaters but would also serve to facilitate gang violence
Which in Crime City might not be a bad thing?

Vince the Fist
07-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi, If this helps to stop the hackers then I am all for it.

what he says. my respectful suggestion would be to stop innovating and focus on fixing what is broken.

Dakid
07-30-2012, 11:01 PM

+1

IMO the inventory system could use an overhaul, as it stands you need to make a spreadsheet and constantly update it, couldn't CC handle this with very little new code?

At the bare minimum can we at least have a sort by attk and sort by def option for equipment (if i remember this was in billionaire's list also)? Don't remove the mystery of fight/rob mechanics, but make it easier for us to know what gear we have, and where we need to improve. It would be very helpful to see our lowest item used for each type for attk and defense, we are all working this out anyway.

It's annoying to have to go to a spreadsheet after every play session or every few play sessions to update equipment and then count or calculate lowest attk/def item to see where you get biggest bang for your buck when spending gold or rp. After all is this an item collection game or a data entry game? Cause some of us do enough data entry as it is....

xXSycoXx
07-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Just a option to sell equipment no longer used or needed.

Vince the Fist
07-31-2012, 03:17 AM

So u can sell your two Crime Lord SMG's? How did u get those btw?

badvoc0
07-31-2012, 09:04 AM
+1 - sort out the inventory system

the@dude
04-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Would be nice to have a officer ranking, officers with higher ranks should be able to boot players...

the@dude
04-16-2013, 06:57 AM

Definitely, sell items bought with respect and money!

Sal The Stockbroker
04-16-2013, 08:02 AM
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/necro1_zps121b476b.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/qwerty9702/media/necro1_zps121b476b.jpg.html)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/necro2_zps5012bb6d.png (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/qwerty9702/media/necro2_zps5012bb6d.png.html)