PDA

View Full Version : Feature Proposal!

Crime City Mark
07-23-2012, 01:27 PM
How would you like a feature that allows you to upload video of your action in game to a site like YouTube? This way you could show off your victories against rivals or easily show any bugs you find or any number of other things.

magepker
07-23-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm not a fan, Seems like a page like that would be filled with useless flan-like videos. I mean, showing a video of you beating a rival? It's not like its a nice graphic displays that you can record, its just a page saying if you won or lost....

The aspect of videos showing bugs may be a good one but shouldn't words in emails be enough?

I'm iffy at best.

moneybags
07-23-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't see the point. I watch myself play all the time, why would I want to watch others play. I guess it would help GREE out tracking bugs down. Thank you for asking

Boom
07-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Idc about the win loss stuff just the bugs

Dreno33
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
ONLY IF we would be able to speak into our mic on out phone to record sound. that way, we could explain the cheater's details easier while showing you.

JMC
07-23-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm not a fan, Seems like a page like that would be filled with useless flan-like videos. I mean, showing a video of you beating a rival? It's not like its a nice graphic displays that you can record, its just a page saying if you won or lost....

The aspect of videos showing bugs may be a good one but shouldn't words in emails be enough?

I'm iffy at best.

Doubt he's suggesting that everyone upload videos to the same page. You'd likely have to link your youtube account to the game and upload it on your own channel. Which then could be linked to the support staff to showcase a bug you are reporting.

Obviously some people are going to make some stupid videos, but like everything else on youtube, you don't have to watch it.

Dreno33
07-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Doubt he's suggesting that everyone upload videos to the same page. You'd likely have to link your youtube account to the game and upload it on your own channel. Which then could be linked to the support staff to showcase a bug you are reporting.

Obviously some people are going to make some stupid videos, but like everything else on youtube, you don't have to watch it.

lol i was thinking about saying this as well. thought it was already implied from the OP, lol

magepker
07-23-2012, 02:50 PM
My point is why waste the bandwidth on something like this that will be worthless when it can be applied and used somewhere else in the game.

Especially when in the Q&A thread CCM says they don't have enough bandwidth to put in simple fixes.

Blackstone
07-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Nope. Not sure you noticed but the game doesn't exactly have huge action sequences and not sure how fun it would be to watch my little dude stabbing another little dude that drops some valor and battle points. or the anticipation of watching the cut screen close and open.

CC Mark...what's the status on the epic units based on event history? that is the feature we are waiting on.

Fifth Reich
07-23-2012, 03:08 PM
There is no point of this video thing. All you do in this game is press a few buttons so sceenshots are better. Can't you already record with a jailbroken device?

War Priest
07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
If it's going to cause more problems, then no.

I really don't see the point though. We take snapshots to show ours wins and losses but a video? Don't see the point of video.

magepker
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM
If it's going to cause more problems, then no.

I really don't see the point though. We take snapshots to show ours wins and losses but a video? Don't see the point of video.

because WP, don't you want to see the awesome graphic of the window coming up and showing you won?!?!? (sarcasm)

War Priest
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM
If it was a snapshot thing, yes that would be awesome. It would take the legwork out. But video? We don't do actions that would need to be video recorded.

albeezy
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Epic items based on event parts collected is definitely greater priority.

As for the video thing, it is a nice idea, but I do not think youtube videos of attacks would help advertise this game. It is not like Socom or SpecOps where you can snipe people and show off how you got a headshot from far distance

Copenhagen
07-23-2012, 04:42 PM
Seems like an uneccessary gimmick. I would prefer Gree focuses on the in game experience and perfect what is already in play.

Ranger4Life
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Seems like an uneccessary gimmick. I would prefer Gree focuses on the in game experience and perfect what is already in play.

Completely Agree!

Crime City Mark
07-23-2012, 05:10 PM
I really appreciate the votes and feedback here, keep it coming.

manbeast
07-23-2012, 07:55 PM
I feel like there are about 1 million things this game needs and a video recorder is not one of them.

Corsair
07-23-2012, 08:55 PM
I feel like there are about 1 million things this game needs and a video recorder is not one of them.Agree 100%!

spectra
07-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Also based on the experience we have had in the past when new things are implemented, this new feature would probably cause more unwanted bugs in other key areas of the game

Perhaps in the future, or maybe if the fighting scenes were more like the ones in KA, perhaps would be fun to see those videos, but would have to be an option that WE the PLAYER can turnoff from on the settings, because after a while it would probably become boring, but would be nice, during events (maybe just maybe)

Miner
07-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Personally, I think this would be low on the priority list of updates. A way to post a snapshot to the forum without exiting the game would be somewhat cool -- and promote forum usage. But I really don't see the point of videos.

My wish list:
- Work out bugs in boss and crate events
- Add a "REPLY" button to situation reports when the only option is ATTACK (so I don't have to attack to say something to them)
- Be able to view ALL the units you would take to battle without battling (simulate attack or being attacked)
- Be able to view your raw stats as well as boosted stats
- Add double confirmations for ALL gold purchases ("Are you sure?" and "No really. Are you sure?")
- Sort ally list (to aid in visiting certain allies)
- List grunts in ally list with option to REMOVE

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Personally, I think this would be low on the priority list of updates. A way to post a snapshot to the forum without exiting the game would be somewhat cool -- and promote forum usage. But I really don't see the point of videos.

My wish list:
- Add a "REPLY" button to situation reports when the only option is ATTACK (so I don't have to attack to say something to them)
- Be able to view ALL the units you would take to battle without battling (simulate attack or being attacked)
- Add double confirmations for ALL gold purchases ("Are you sure?" and "No really. Are you sure?")

My wish list is your wishlist, well thought out +1 vote

Kiss Of Death
07-24-2012, 09:43 AM
ONLY IF we would be able to speak into our mic on out phone to record sound. that way, we could explain the cheater's details easier while showing you.

Hi Dreno... does McDoc know you are secretly thinking of him and drawing him in your Avatar with your spare time lol... sorry back to the thread.

andymac106
07-24-2012, 10:10 AM
no because there are better things to be focusing on. But i mean if you put it, I'll use it i guess

Tanner
07-24-2012, 11:28 AM

My wish list:

+10 internets for you. Great list.

Tanner
07-24-2012, 11:37 AM
+10 internets for the decorum here as well. Attaboys all around for not shouting through your keyboards when CCM brought this up. Admittedly, when I read this I actually LOL'ed!

Manbeast, I think I snorted something when I read your post, and am now LOLin' again.

It is rather funny to think of all the requests that have been made in the other thread, voted on, organized, reorganized even narrowed down to TWO CHOICES...and the GREE (NOT CCM, just his superiors) come back w/ "HEY GUYS, HOW ABOUT A VIDEO RECORDER!!!"

I'm going to absolutely die laughing...

Tanner
07-24-2012, 11:39 AM
okay, but seriously, this could be beneficial if it takes care of all of our needs in one fell swoop, esp. for bug/hacker/FFN type reporting. Imagine a video feature (sorry, laughing again, I seriously can't stop), but really imagine the feature being like one long screenshot, but also allows for voiceover and autoposts to idontcarewhere and copies the link to your iOS clipboard for forum post or email or whatever.

it would be really cool to see it include a forum post feature. I wonder if that would drive more traffic here possibly?

War Priest
07-24-2012, 11:48 AM
Tanner, wouldn't a photo snapshot be easier?

I don't see how video is helpful when there is nothing to record. Just the battle box closing and opening to see if you won.

JMC
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM

My wish list:

They should also allow for you to purchase multiple units at once. This would go well with the double confirmation of buying gold units, as that would be very tedious and annoying for anyone who wanted to buy a bunch of gold units in bulk, and now has to double confirm every time as well. Same with decorations, you should be able to place a line, or even a square of decorations down at once. Also make them visible for the newer devices as they were supposedly intended to be. To my knowledge they were only supposed to be made invisible on older devices to prevent crashing, however they were at some point made invisible on all devices and this has still yet to be fixed. I remember the days when i used to see barrels, trees and triumphant arcs in people's bases.

Also instead of a video, perhaps something that can take a screenshot of your entire base and upload it to some site like tinypic. I know some people like myself like to see how their base looks as a whole, and also to share it with others.

Also agree with the suggestions made above.

albeezy
07-24-2012, 02:19 PM
@CCMark, you can only add this feature if it includes the ability to Maddenize the pictures. You know, draw yellow arrows and circles around stuff with your finger and shout out Maddenisms like "NOT ONLY IS HE QUICK, HE's FAST TOO"

So when we make a video of a potential hacker we can circle the 10,000 executive choppers that he has when he is only level 27 and the audio would say NOT ONLY DOES HE HAVE THE ENERGY GLITCH, HE CHEATS TOO
OR
when JMC attacks someone with half his stats about 20 times and they do not lose any units despite having an all valor unit army he can say NOT ONLY DOES HE NEVER LOSE UNITS, HE HAS THE CASUALTY GLITCH TOO EDIT: Sorry to include your name in here JMC

That would be awesome, even if just for the rest of us non-lucky mathematicians on the forum to laugh at once.

albeezy
07-24-2012, 02:26 PM
+10 internets for the decorum here as well. Attaboys all around for not shouting through your keyboards when CCM brought this up. Admittedly, when I read this I actually LOL'ed!

Manbeast, I think I snorted something when I read your post, and am now LOLin' again.

It is rather funny to think of all the requests that have been made in the other thread, voted on, organized, reorganized even narrowed down to TWO CHOICES...and the GREE (NOT CCM, just his superiors) come back w/ "HEY GUYS, HOW ABOUT A VIDEO RECORDER!!!"

I'm going to absolutely die laughing...

When I read this I was reminded of what I posted in the allegedly soon to be closed What do you want to see in Modern War thread yesterday (reproduced below).

I hope the video recording feature was not the result of his presentation?

CCMark: "so I have been interacting with players on the forum and they really would like to see features X,Y,Z. There are some great ideas that I think would really help boost interest in the game."
Presentees: "those ideas all sound great! But why don't we add a video recording feature so they can record themselves clicking stuff on their's and other peoples bases!"
CCMark: "Ummmm, seriously guys, some of the things we have came up with in the forums could launch a new wave of interest in MW and could even translate over into KA and possibly CC."
Presentees: "I love the video idea. Let's try that. Thanks for all your input."
CCMark :"?"

Man I am glad that is not my job. Rock<CCMark>Hard place

Sorry to go superstar on you guys and quote myself.

Tanner
07-24-2012, 02:41 PM
When I read this I was reminded of what I posted in the allegedly soon to be closed What do you want to see in Modern War thread yesterday (reproduced below).

Sorry to go superstart on you guys and quote myself.

EXACTLY!!! I just don't read that thread anymore b/c it was giving me false hope.

you're so exactly right about CCMark.

I would hate to have that guys job.

You KNOW that's so EXACTLY how that presentation went! LOL!!

Dry
07-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Ivan upload vid of my wife ,, That will scerd you away

Miner
07-25-2012, 05:32 AM
I'm adding one more to the bottom of this list:

My wish list:
- Add a "Don't show this again" checkbox on notification screens like boss event announcements, crate events, etc... For the 100th time, I know there's a boss event going on!

General Sir
07-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Got to agree with the main sentiment here. Maybe ok for bug reporting, but I don't care for the idea otherwise.

éffinergie92
07-26-2012, 06:22 AM
For me the most important is about the management of your army :

- Manage which units you want, for exemple to not have your aircrafts in your attack army despite its high attack level.
- Manage your defense army,to see where are the weakness
- Manage the units you don't want, via a special market for exemple.

Some specials features about your friends would be cool, with more interactions.

Miner
07-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Oh, and add the player's rank insignia to their profile page. If they're a rival, you know it. If they're an ally, you don't.

manbeast
07-26-2012, 09:32 AM
i agree with everything on the list, but the main thing i want is new content! i want a building to reduce upgrade times, and another building to reduce upgrade costs. the cement factory is a joke when you have people walkin around with 30% reductions.

War Priest
07-26-2012, 10:09 AM
i agree with everything on the list, but the main thing i want is new content! i want a building to reduce upgrade times, and another building to reduce upgrade costs. the cement factory is a joke when you have people walkin around with 30% reductions.

Or at least increase it to 20% for a level 10 like the rest of the boost buildings.

Hassleham
07-26-2012, 10:25 AM
For me the most important is about the management of your army :

- Manage which units you want, for exemple to not have your aircrafts in your attack army despite its high attack level.
- Manage your defense army,to see where are the weakness
- Manage the units you don't want, via a special market for exemple.

Some specials features about your friends would be cool, with more interactions.

Good ideas, i would like to be able to see more than my top 45 units too. WIth so many different units available from events, they end up pushing all the cash units off the list which makes it difficult to organise your army.

iWar
07-27-2012, 02:19 AM
This idea is insulting after every suggestion that's been given.

Hivesy
07-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Can't believe that GREE actually think we might want the ability to video our static screen 'you won' messages when there are so many other things that need improving. Watch this space, my money is on them going ahead and doing it anyway, even though we all say 'no thanks'. It would fit in with their general disregard and disrespecting of their paying customer's views and wishes.

Some very funny comments in this thread BTW.

Blackstone
07-30-2012, 01:30 PM
CC Mark - If you guys put this feature in before fixing other issues and/or before adding other requested features I might delete the app on principle.

Hellstorm
07-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Gree should be thinking to fix all the issues and not trying to introduce a ram eating tool, the game has huge crash problems already. Do something productive... I would suggest a sell your units feature, stop the bullies and scare tactics, fix the casualty rates, add more valor missions, new music would be nice too... Be creative, but in the right direction plz. Cheers