PDA

View Full Version : Feature Proposal!

Crime City Mark
07-23-2012, 01:27 PM
How would you like a feature that allows you to upload video of your action in game to a site like YouTube? This way you could show off your victories against rivals or easily show any bugs you find or any number of other things.

GetItOn
07-23-2012, 01:32 PM
I dunno. The "battle" sequences are like 2 seconds and look exactly the same almost every time.

Boom
07-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Let's vote yes just for the bugs

GFF
07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
If nothing else, it would provide a way to share the layout of your kingdom without patching together screenshots.

The_Red
07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
I could think of other items that would probably get more
ROI for the development in spaces such as player enjoyment,
game advertisement, game advancement and community building.

People rarely post photos on the website, to me videos would probably
be even more overkill. Just my opinion of course.

d_nickels
07-23-2012, 02:23 PM
This game doesn't really lend itself to posting video. Screenshots are helpful but not video. Agree with Red, resources would be much better spent in other areas of the game.

Talkazar
07-23-2012, 03:10 PM
I agree with the two posters above - resources would be best spent in other areas of the game. I also expect any Youtube videos to be uninteresting in practice - Skyrim this game ain't.

Aragorn
07-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Please don't bother, please put efforts into better battle scenes, they really are poor, thanks.

whiterider
07-23-2012, 04:29 PM
There are other things much more needed for the comfort of the players:
Yes or No question to confirm usage of gems on everything (upgrade, buying units, exploring, vault)

In settings the option to turn off the sell button since it is almost never used and it is dangerous to misclick it and sell high level building. If you want to sell a building you have to enable the button again from settings and so your support will have less tickets to handle.

MaverickMunkey
07-23-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm sorry to say this but every 'Battle Screen' I have seen since this game started has been glitchy from complete opposite armies missing to weapons being blocks of colour with no definition - so unfortunately this wouldn't be a great advertisement for this game.

whiterider
07-23-2012, 04:35 PM
The same goes for me:
I cant equip half of the armors (on male avatar) or the are misplaced on the body (on female avatar)
In battle I can see only two of my stacks not three and often I cant see enemy units
In battle my hero is fighting either with something that looks like an umbrella or with a puxel cloud (cant understand why it is different since I havent changed hero weapon from 10 levels because I bought the last level of it from the store and havent found better one)
I want to see all of these prescious gem units in battle!!!

Crime City Mark
07-23-2012, 04:58 PM
This feature isn't going to be replaced by another feature, FYI. It's not a "If we do this we aren't going to do another thing". I'd suggest considering it in a vacuum, not against other features.

echus14
07-23-2012, 08:07 PM
@CCM

First off, thank you for sharing the proposal. It's really appreciated that you take the time to bounce off these ideas with the forum members.

Secondly, I must admit that I agree with the majority view that there will likely be very limited demand for such a video feature in the game.

Thirdly, and this IMHO, I do have some concerns whether people uploading videos of them thrashing some other guy's/gal's kingdom will be in the best of taste ... but maybe that's just me being overly sensitive (apologies if so).

Masterjojobinks
07-24-2012, 06:15 AM
I don't care about being able to upload any video.

Joie
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
I vote no also, seems pointless.

FisK
07-31-2012, 03:35 PM
It would be a nice feature to have, but to be honest I don't think that is will be a feature that would be used that much.
I don't think I would ever use it my self. Maybe only for bug report.

All in all I think the development resources are better used elsewhere.

Hapl0
07-31-2012, 04:38 PM
I agreed with Fisk.

Vile Lynn
08-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I agree with FisK & Hap.

Cool Fella
08-02-2012, 08:34 AM
I voted NO, I don't think I would spend time on youtube watching these type of videos

Njwmrb
08-02-2012, 08:52 AM
This feature isn't going to be replaced by another feature, FYI. It's not a "If we do this we aren't going to do another thing". I'd suggest considering it in a vacuum, not against other features.

Well it's going to take man hours to develop correct? I think for the most part, we would all rather see errors fixed and some of the updates we have suggested before something like this.