PDA

View Full Version : How do you do these things???

FromAfar
07-23-2012, 09:25 AM
so, a few general questions that have me wondering:

1) how do you keep from getting bored: i mean it like this:

lots of folks here are to the point where upgrades take. 36/48/60/90+ hours to complete. most of us are past building a vault, or adding land. other then accomplish a mere Pavlovian of just checking for income, how do you keep things interesting? or do you even care? and are content to camp. obviously leveling is an issue, especially if you don't feel your base is strong enough to support you at higher levels. you set yourself up as a mark for pillagers if you're too developed on your economy to level 10, but aren't uber max on strength.

personally, i raid some, if i see someone with high level buildings and stats i think i can beat. and playing on 2 devices it try to alter between long and short(er) upgrades so something is always finishing on a given day. it at least keeps things interesting.

2) how do you determine who to attack?

so when scanning a rivals list, who do you pick? if i recognize a cash cow, sure, i gonna hit 'em. i may open the folks up and see which buildings are ripe or maybe if they are holding over 10m. is it all abut money? and surely check their states so this "peewee guy" aka, ME, ain't starting a fight with a whale +5lvl / 200+++allies target, for sure... but are there other things that make you say... BUST THIS GUY!

like a game name of "had yr mama" or other crude things? or do you treat that guy the the 500 "alex"'s?

3) and i still haven't had an answer to this one. did the other guy loose anything when he attacked me last night? i know what i lost, if anything, but can't see your losses. can i? and just don't know it? or just rely on the fact that they won, but stopped attacking, so maybe they lost more then they gained?

oh well. just thinking about it.

albeezy
07-23-2012, 11:16 AM
I am starting to get bored with this game as well. Right now I view it as more of a personal achievement game seeing what high level upgrades I can achieve (i.e., upgrades over 10Million vault limit). My economy is decent at 550kIPH but cannot sustain the amount of losses that I take when doing PVP. So I collect, save, upgrade, open crates and then wait. Will be interesting to see where things go from here for me. I think to be actively doing PVP as a free player you need at least 1 million IPH, otherwise the losses are too great to replenish immeidately. If I get to 1 million IPH and still cant sustain the losses from PVP then I am done

JMC
07-23-2012, 11:34 AM
so, a few general questions that have me wondering:

1) how do you keep from getting bored: i mean it like this:

lots of folks here are to the point where upgrades take. 36/48/60/90+ hours to complete. most of us are past building a vault, or adding land. other then accomplish a mere Pavlovian of just checking for income, how do you keep things interesting? or do you even care? and are content to camp. obviously leveling is an issue, especially if you don't feel your base is strong enough to support you at higher levels. you set yourself up as a mark for pillagers if you're too developed on your economy to level 10, but aren't uber max on strength.

personally, i raid some, if i see someone with high level buildings and stats i think i can beat. and playing on 2 devices it try to alter between long and short(er) upgrades so something is always finishing on a given day. it at least keeps things interesting.

2) how do you determine who to attack?

so when scanning a rivals list, who do you pick? if i recognize a cash cow, sure, i gonna hit 'em. i may open the folks up and see which buildings are ripe or maybe if they are holding over 10m. is it all abut money? and surely check their states so this "peewee guy" aka, ME, ain't starting a fight with a whale +5lvl / 200+++allies target, for sure... but are there other things that make you say... BUST THIS GUY!

like a game name of "had yr mama" or other crude things? or do you treat that guy the the 500 "alex"'s?

3) and i still haven't had an answer to this one. did the other guy loose anything when he attacked me last night? i know what i lost, if anything, but can't see your losses. can i? and just don't know it? or just rely on the fact that they won, but stopped attacking, so maybe they lost more then they gained?

oh well. just thinking about it.

1) This is not a game that is meant to be played nonstop. You can pop an upgrade than just leave for however long you want.

2) I've never earned money from attacking, so i don't search for money, nor am i ever going to find it in my rivals list. I pick targets by their strength. If they will not give me casualties, i will attack.

3) They certainly lost units, unless they are full gold or a casualty glitched player.