PDA

View Full Version : What size is a nano?

el_gringo
07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
Just trying to do some base planning as I'm a 4 levels off being able to buy a nano.

What size are they, relative to the other buildings?

Lt. Falcon
07-23-2012, 08:32 AM
according to all the spreadsheets I've seen it's 12*12 same as oil refinery if you need comparison.

Miner
07-23-2012, 08:39 AM
You can use a recycling plant for size reference also.

Tanner
07-23-2012, 08:43 AM
I've always wondered about this size thing. Are some people operating bases with such tight space constraints that it's necessary to plan for space in such an extremely small and incremental manner? I suppose you could say my philosophy revolves around having enough base room (even at the expense of not buying some other buildings I could buy) to move any one building out of the way when i want to re-arrange something? Am I the only one who plays like this?

el_gringo
07-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Cheers guys, especially Miner - its a recycling plant I think i might have to get rid of to make space for it!

Tctiger
07-23-2012, 08:46 AM
i wouldn't sell that to get a nano i would first buy some land then build a nano otherwise you are going backwards .

el_gringo
07-23-2012, 08:46 AM
I've always wondered about this size thing. Are some people operating bases with such tight space constraints that it's necessary to plan for space in such an extremely small and incremental manner? I suppose you could say my philosophy revolves around having enough base room (even at the expense of not buying some other buildings I could buy) to move any one building out of the way when i want to re-arrange something? Am I the only one who plays like this?

In KA I play the same way as you, but in MW my base is far more tightly packed, although I do have enough room to squeeze a few more things in.

In this case, however, its because I have a strip along the coast with my oil rigs protected by sam sites and minefields. On the other side of this I have a recyc plant and satallite array, just taking up space but squeezed in, I don't want to (and don't have the space to) operate a massive move around.

el_gringo
07-23-2012, 08:49 AM
i wouldn't sell that to get a nano i would first buy some land then build a nano otherwise you are going backwards .

Its 650k to buy again, its only level one and it occupies the space in which I want the nano. Shouldn't have to sell anything more costly to get cash for the nano, I should be able to carry the 8.5 million outside my vault with careful pve planning (and possibly a single energy boost)

Miner
07-23-2012, 08:52 AM
I kept my base extremely tightly packed when at lower levels and my IPH was lower (still not great at 340k). I'm embarrassed to say I actually plotted out the base in Adobe Illustrator to determine the best way to optimize my space. My base is starting to get a little disheveled lately as I just was squeezing things in and selling off the cheap, large defense buildings to fill in with smaller ones. Also, the base expansion takes a big jump after you cross around 5-5.5 mil per space. My next expansion costs 8.5mil so I'm keeping it tight for now since I have no other buildings to really add other than some gold money buildings.

Miner
07-23-2012, 08:52 AM

Concur with tc here. NEVER sell a money building.

Tctiger
07-23-2012, 08:54 AM
i am a free player and have every defence and money building including two of ones you can buy and all 5 of each defence building plus an emp and comp factory , so you should be able to get it all pretty easy my last land was 16m . i do have some small gaps , mabe if you bought a few bits of land you could then plan your base change stuff about then when it is all planned and spaces left then buy more buildings to fit in the spaces .

el_gringo
07-23-2012, 08:57 AM
Concur with tc here. NEVER sell a gold building.

A recycling plants not a gold building?!

Im just about to purchase the 8.5 million land upgrade :(

Boom
07-23-2012, 08:58 AM
What lvl does nano unlock?

el_gringo
07-23-2012, 09:03 AM
What lvl does nano unlock?

Boom
07-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Ah thx i should lvl to 60 and camp..

Lt. Falcon
07-23-2012, 09:15 AM

No, that's the way I play as well and have 2 extra land spots for rearranging buildings or adding any gold building as all the "land" money buildings have been purchased and the only non-gold building left to build is the "water" desalination plants which I'm not sure if I am going to get. Also, I am not one of the "square" players either as my base is very odd shaped.

marebear
07-23-2012, 09:22 AM
If your going to sell anything invest in rail guns because they don't take up much space and then sell them for the other 10 million for the nano. 10 million in the bank plus 5? Rail guns equals one nano? If I remember correctly.

el_gringo
07-23-2012, 09:24 AM
If your going to sell anything invest in rail guns because they don't take up much space and then sell them for the other 10 million for the nano. 10 million in the bank plus 5? Rail guns equals one nano? If I remember correctly.

All well and good, other than the nano is available 15 levels BEFORE the rail gun!

marebear
07-23-2012, 09:38 AM
You can go with trees!!! Lol.

Arizona
07-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Of course, since you're four levels away from Nano's, why not just spend time building up defence so you won't have to worry about leaving out unguarded cash. It's the most economical option.
One day you're going to have to improve your defence anyway, so why not do it now? Get the Nano when you're strong enough. No need to sell anything.

Tanner
07-23-2012, 09:54 AM
All well and good, other than the nano is available 15 levels BEFORE the rail gun!

two of the spaceships will cover ya just fine.

Miner
07-23-2012, 10:01 AM
A recycling plants not a gold building?!

Im just about to purchase the 8.5 million land upgrade :(

Sorry -- I meant, NEVER sell a MONEY building!

el_gringo
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Of course, since you're four levels away from Nano's, why not just spend time building up defence so you won't have to worry about leaving out unguarded cash. It's the most economical option.
One day you're going to have to improve your defence anyway, so why not do it now? Get the Nano when you're strong enough. No need to sell anything.

I don't think I need to to be honest. I can pull in about 5 or 6 million instantly through setting up a few bosses for one punch coupled with selling the recycling plant and collecting from my 12/24/48 hour buildings at the same time, plus my discount boost is at lvl 7 currently and will be 8 by then, so I'm not going to be much over my vault for very long. Also there aren't many players at my level who can take me on and win, so the chances of losing much at all are very low.