PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Gree: "No background" option for PCs at work

YLL
07-23-2012, 02:45 AM
CCM, my office is open-plan... Can we get an option to "turn off" the new forum background for when forumites are at work? I used to be able simply to just scroll down to hide the KA/MW banners...

Have had a few close shaves with bosses walking up behind me now... including, ironically, as I was typing the above para!

Crime City Mark
07-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I think I can work something out. I'll create a "no background" stylesheet that should just be plain black that you can use. Gimme some time to work it out.

The_Red
07-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Another option is having your browser block the image as an ad with adblocker or the like. You can have most of these tools block specific files/websites/whatever.

YLL
07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah, I think I can work something out. I'll create a "no background" stylesheet that should just be plain black that you can use. Gimme some time to work it out.

Thanks, CCM, I look forward to it. :)

YLL
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Another option is having your browser block the image as an ad with adblocker or the like. You can have most of these tools block specific files/websites/whatever.

Does that require downloading and installation of software? If so, it will not be possible due to the administrator settings (I don't have the privileges). Heck, I can't even alter any settings in Windows Control Panel.

The_Red
07-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Does that require downloading and installation of software? If so, it will not be possible due to the administrator settings (I don't have the privileges). Heck, I can't even alter any settings in Windows Control Panel.

They're plugins to your browser. AdBlock is one of them. If you can install flash plugins and the like, more than likely you can use adblock. Good luck. Or just wait for CCM's fix... :)

Musketblade
07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
or just get back to work............ jkjklol

YLL
07-23-2012, 09:50 PM
They're plugins to your browser. AdBlock is one of them. If you can install flash plugins and the like, more than likely you can use adblock. Good luck. Or just wait for CCM's fix... :)

Thanks for the info. :) Unfortunately, I can't install plugins either, so I'll be waiting for CCM's fix.

YLL
07-23-2012, 09:51 PM
or just get back to work............ jkjklol

Hey, I need my breaks, don't I? ;)

echus14
07-24-2012, 01:10 AM
And so say all of us! :)

Musketblade
07-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Shhhhhhhh im at work right now

YLL
07-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Shhhhhhhh im at work right now

Shhh with the shhhing! I'm at work too. Oh wait, time to go home. :p ;)

echus14
08-06-2012, 07:40 PM
@CCM
Hi CCM. I know the developers probably have their hands full with numerous issues/problems, but any idea of when this request can be implemented? Would be VERY helpful to have this in place. Thanks.

Jeshu
08-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Hmmm no need for plugins or additional software... That setting is embedded on most browsers.

For example:
_http://kb.iu.edu/data/acpv.html

echus14
08-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Tks, but I believe that would affect all pictures on all sites - which is not practical. Just want the option for this site.

Jeshu
08-07-2012, 12:45 PM
Tks, but I believe that would affect all pictures on all sites - which is not practical. Just want the option for this site.

That's correct.