PDA

View Full Version : Bought 1st gold pack. What to do?

David P
07-22-2012, 10:28 PM
So I finally bought a gold pack (the large pack) and Im not quite sure what to do with it. I already bought the composites factory, which is a must, but Im not sure what to do after that? Most of my inventory is air so I feel that I should switch to Russia from USA, but I don't know what the boost is and/or if it's worth it. Do I buy units? Crates? Play events? Buy gold money buildings? I would appreciate some tips if anyone has an opinion on strategy.

P.S.- I don't plan on buying more, so you might need to factor that in. Thanks

Boom
07-22-2012, 10:30 PM
NEVER EVER events. Probably crates

bigflan
07-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Buy the crates when They release good air units

Copenhagen
07-22-2012, 10:58 PM
So I finally bought a gold pack (the large pack) and Im not quite sure what to do with it. I already bought the composites factory, which is a must, but Im not sure what to do after that? Most of my inventory is air so I feel that I should switch to Russia from USA, but I don't know what the boost is and/or if it's worth it. Do I buy units? Crates? Play events? Buy gold money buildings? I would appreciate some tips if anyone has an opinion on strategy.

P.S.- I don't plan on buying more, so you might need to factor that in. Thanks

Famous last words. If you really don't plan on buying more return it for a refund, because now you are hooked.

Seriously though, I'll assume you are mid level with less than maxed allies. If it were me, I would use the gold strategically on boss events. You should be able to win three events, each for under 500 gold by increasing your attack stats through adding allies and units, especially rank units if you start saving your valor. This is better than crates because the Boss event units are similar to crates and the top prize will out weigh 6 crates alone.

A vault of gold will net you 25 crates/units. Winning three boss events will land you 30 units after level 20 (where you can expect to start using gold) plus 3 of the top prize monster units.

One guys opinion.

CAPT.GIN
07-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Famous last words. If you really don't plan on buying more return it for a refund, because now you are hooked.

Seriously though, I'll assume you are mid level with less than maxed allies. If it were me, I would use the gold strategically on boss events. You should be able to win three events, each for under 500 gold by increasing your attack stats through adding allies and units, especially rank units if you start saving your valor. This is better than crates because the Boss event units are similar to crates and the top prize will out weigh 6 crates alone.

A vault of gold will net you 25 crates/units. Winning three boss events will land you 30 units after level 20 (where you can expect to start using gold) plus 3 of the top prize monster units.

One guys opinion.

So true cope thanks for saying all that I was gonna say the same thing but not as great as you put it... But david If you do plan to buy more gold in the future use it on more boss events or gold buildings... Gold buildings will help your iph real good...

Kiss Of Death
07-22-2012, 11:40 PM
So true cope thanks for saying all that I was gonna say the same thing but not as great as you put it... But david If you do plan to buy more gold in the future use it on more boss events or gold buildings... Gold buildings will help your iph real good...

Hmm my advice if you want to use WP's strategy you're going to have to camp... I am level 103 after 90 days and do not have the IPH needed to play these Bigg Boss events for 400 gold. I cannot provide my allies high enough attack density to make it work. I spent 1520 gold to getthis one. Less than last time which took just under 2000 gold. BUt I realised I needed to drop allies like flies which helped this time... So I'm now downsizing to 100 allies for the next event... plane?

Boom
07-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Capt what r good gold buildings?

JMC
07-22-2012, 11:58 PM
Yeah like cope said, if you are in a good position on the boss events, and can obtain the top prize with just a few hundred gold, that is the best way to spend it. If not, gather some more gold and purchase a set. The bonus unit pretty much gives you at least 50% more for your golds worth. If you get the rare, than you get over 200% your golds worth from the set.

el_gringo
07-23-2012, 08:16 AM
NEVER EVER events. Probably crates

I dunno about never - I tend to splash out a whole 20 on the boss event, just to get the unit for the boss I'm already on.

Boom
07-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Well I meant the #10 events. Not the boss

el_gringo
07-23-2012, 08:21 AM
Also, what level are you?

Gold money buildings are obviously more use the lower your level, its not gonna boost your economy much adding a solar farm when your level 150, but at level 20 it can be quite a boost.

Miner
07-23-2012, 08:24 AM

One guys opinion.

Completely agree with Copenhagen. The new boss events are a GREAT way to get a lot of good, indestructible units at a fair price. Last event I picked up 30 units, 13 of which were rare or uncommon, plus the main prize for a total of 1,944 attack points and 2,070 defense points. I spent a little more gold than I would have needed, but the cash required up at the top levels was pretty large and I started a 22mil upgrade during the event.

War Priest
07-23-2012, 09:00 AM
Please tell me somebody told him to buy a composite factory.

Boom
07-23-2012, 09:01 AM
He already has it..

Boom
07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Read it again..

War Priest
07-23-2012, 09:03 AM
He already has it..

Oh, ok. So he is making decisions without our help... Hmm

Boom
07-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Yeah don't ya feel betrayed!? =[

James_mac
07-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Oh, ok. So he is making decisions without our help... Hmm
the composite is a no brainer, anybody with any sense would buy that without question (cough Flan cough) he want help with what to do with the rest of the gold

War Priest
07-23-2012, 09:16 AM
the composite is a no brainer, anybody with any sense would buy that without question (cough Flan cough) he want help with what to do with the rest of the gold

I know, I am just messing with him.

Selfproclaimed
07-23-2012, 09:27 AM
First thing you'll realize is 1 vault of gold isn't going to be enough for what you wanna do. Lol. Composites .the rest,to get the best bang for your buck on gold units,crates are the better option. If you want gold money buildings.do not bother getting solar arrays.get biodome-geo thermal

David P
07-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Please tell me somebody told him to buy a composite factory.

All, thanks for all the tips. I'm at work so it's hard to respond quickly. WP, the first thing I did was buy the composite factory.

I am a level 72 with iph of $414k, 57 allies, attack of 7560 and defense of 7900. I can't remember what the rule is about optimal allies, but I'm pretty sure I dont have it. I have only been able to beat boss 9 without gold, which suggest I'd probably have to use the entire gold pack to beat 30.

I don't want to get off topic on the boss, but it's surprising to me that I've found only a handful of players with stronger a/d scores than me at my level/ally count and still struggle so much with the boss.

War Priest
07-23-2012, 09:30 AM
Yeah, it cost me 900 gold to get to 30. So if you don't plan on buying more, don't use it on that. Have you spent any of it yet besides the 250 for the composite?

Mackdaddy
07-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Just spend the whole thing and buy another! Slippery slope my friend up your credit card limit :)

Miner
07-23-2012, 10:10 AM
All, thanks for all the tips. I'm at work so it's hard to respond quickly. WP, the first thing I did was buy the composite factory.

I am a level 72 with iph of $414k, 57 allies, attack of 7560 and defense of 7900. I can't remember what the rule is about optimal allies, but I'm pretty sure I dont have it. I have only been able to beat boss 9 without gold, which suggest I'd probably have to use the entire gold pack to beat 30.

I don't want to get off topic on the boss, but it's surprising to me that I've found only a handful of players with stronger a/d scores than me at my level/ally count and still struggle so much with the boss.

I read somewhere that you can add 5 allies for every level you increase. So you could have 360 allies according to that theory. I don't think there's a max, but you can't bring any more then 2,000 units to battle (500 allies). I'm at level 83 with 235 allies.

James_mac
07-23-2012, 10:35 AM
I read somewhere that you can add 5 allies for every level you increase. So you could have 360 allies according to that theory. I don't think there's a max, but you can't bring any more then 2,000 units to battle (500 allies). I'm at level 83 with 235 allies.

thats correct miner, you can have 5 allies for each level so 360 would be his max at level 72

JMC
07-23-2012, 10:47 AM
If he were to go to max allies, assuming the rest of his units are powerful enough to be of some significance, the boss events should be much easier. Then this would make the gold cost of getting the final unit a lot lower for him.

manbeast
07-23-2012, 11:01 AM
1. composites factory
2. boss events (if you can make it to at least 24 without using gold)
3. cheap gold money buildings (solar arrays, water treatment, geo thermals)
4. crates (3 packs)

never, ever, ever, ever spend it on 10 item events.

David P
07-25-2012, 10:25 AM
What about switching to Russia? Im currently USA, but most of my best units are air. What is the boost and is it worth it?

War Priest
07-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Yes. Did you get the diamond mines?

David P
07-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Yes. Did you get the diamond mines?

Priest- haven't purchased them yet. I am saving money for a level 5 oil rig upgrade before I expand. Then I will begin building and upgrading the diamond mines.

Copenhagen
07-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Priest- haven't purchased them yet. I am saving money for a level 5 oil rig upgrade before I expand. Then I will begin building and upgrading the diamond mines.

My recommendation is to always have all four items (new building, upgrade building, land expansion and vault increase) in progress at the same time and at all times. At least until you max vault and surpass your total land needs. Oh, and have all the buildings.

manbeast
07-25-2012, 08:41 PM
diamond mines?! wtf no way bro. not with such limited amount of gold.

you could get 2 water treatments and 2 geo thermals and 2 solar arrays for the same price. way better value. next thing I would buy would be coal mine

War Priest
07-25-2012, 08:46 PM
diamond mines?! wtf no way bro. not with such limited amount of gold.

you could get 2 water treatments and 2 geo thermals and 2 solar arrays for the same price. way better value. next thing I would buy would be coal mine

Diamond Mines put out 2.7M twice a day. That is very good.