PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Event Luck

wupuck
07-22-2012, 08:39 PM
My luck seems to vary from event to event; but in the last two I've been striking out something fierce w/ multiple 3-5 streaks of "sorry better luck next time" (obviously using $/middle option). This Poll is just for those using that middle option (sorry $ users - u have ur own benefit - one being financially able to afford using the gold option; and free users... anyways)

Just want to know how folks are doing (Sorry, that event progress thread doesn't really tell me much as i dont have the desire to go through page after page of info i really don't care about)

iteachem
07-22-2012, 10:00 PM
It seems that in some events everything thing works out fairly smoothly for me to get close to 10 (or 20 in the new events)

This one I am stuck at 10 with no opens since yesterday morning... I am almost ready to stop trying on this one

Babytway
07-22-2012, 10:05 PM
last event i had 15parts goin into 24 hours left on clock ending up reaching 20 parts with 3hrs left to spare. with already having 15 and gettting 5 on last day all middle options(in game cash) was extremly lucky

doinkent
07-22-2012, 10:06 PM
its different for everyone all the time. its just luck. i only use cash option on events and i got 14 on last one, right now im on 22

Fake
07-22-2012, 10:37 PM
awful! no option when my decision is not use gold.
just a lot of silly items, a few R, and a derisive amount of cash.

wupuck
07-23-2012, 12:54 AM
last event i had 15parts goin into 24 hours left on clock ending up reaching 20 parts with 3hrs left to spare. with already having 15 and gettting 5 on last day all middle options(in game cash) was extremly lucky

Dat's some mad er.. good luck!

fernandoefens
07-23-2012, 01:13 AM
My luck is pretty bad in Crime City and Kingdom Age.
However, my luck is much better in Modern War, I've been able to complete 2 events, and came close to complete a couple more.

I do not take into consideration the Epic Boss (Scam). I just don't like it. I understand that Gree needs to make money, but this is just too much for me.

dudeman
07-23-2012, 01:30 AM
I usually get the 20 items loot.

In the first "new format" event (computer chips) I used 120 Tapjoy gold for 8 opens (4 chips) in the last 9 hours, and got lucky with a 25th chip/cash open to earn a spot in the top 500 (346).

Last event I got to 25 in the end but it wasn't enough. I think the same will happen for this "event". I couldn't even make top 250 with some gold the first "new style" event.

Consider yourself lucky to get the prize for 20 items if you play for free.

Luciferianism
07-23-2012, 02:29 AM
I've done alright in these events. Actually got the 'top prize' (20), more often than in the old style.
However, I've been able to open every hour since I'm out of work because my job is seasonal and since it's summer break and my university course hasn't started the next year yet. With the luxury of all this free time I've been able to get 20 event objects but when I have done it has always been on the last day and I believe it was just before the event ended with the Kingpin Killer. So it would be my guess that anyone leading a normal life who can't constantly be on and is a free player, would find it difficult to get 20 event objects. There will be exceptions of people with good luck.

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/Randompicz0rrrrs/be0c53b8.jpg
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv272/Randompicz0rrrrs/0879e030.jpg

wupuck
07-23-2012, 02:10 PM
Definitely coming across as an unlucky for alot of folks

Ziva
07-24-2012, 03:04 PM
I would consider getting one open in 3-5 attempts GOOD considering I have been opening every hour with cash option and have, in a 14 hour period, managed to open 2 boxes in this tank event. I am permanently disabled and unable to work anymore, and I am home and able to play the game as often as I wish while I am not sleeping. Yet I finished this event with 15 and that 15th was received with 3 minutes left to go in this event. My average success rate in opening with cash every hour has been more like one in 7 or 8, not 3-5.

This only proves to me that Funzio/Gree(D) is trying to force cash users to switch to gold for these events. Not gonna happen for me, I assure you.

joaquim
07-24-2012, 03:07 PM
I have good luck the first 2 days but bad luck the rest of the event so which option should be the one for me?

Max Power
07-24-2012, 03:22 PM
I have a job and occasionally talk to other people face to face so I don't play as much but I have yet to get past 8.

Caleb
07-24-2012, 03:30 PM
I don't think there is anything unusual about a 3 to 5 streak of better luck next time messages. I have seen that in every event. But I also get streaks of 3 to 5 successful opens. In this event, I had 8 straight successful opens. In other events, I've had a higher number than that of failed opens. The failed opens are more memorable than the successful opens, so you really need to record your results to have an accurate picture of your luck on a particular event. For this event, my open rate was 51% with all open attempts using the middle option.