PDA

View Full Version : Gold, Gold and more Gold... Be honest here my fellow crime city players!!!

RAMBONE
07-22-2012, 01:43 PM
I wanted to start a thread about how much people actually spend on Gold...
Post here how much you average in buying gold... I had one guy earlier say her spent over $500 a month!! WOW
Be honest guys and gals...

Sandukan
07-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Why do you care? Does it make you feel better after you have gotten your butt mercilessly kicked?

I have gotten gold from downloading apps and purchased 640 when it went on sale.
Used most of it to buy crates. I have 300 left and was thinking about buying a church.

I have a wife and a couple kids in school so I can't buy gold like that because they need to eat.
If people have the dispensable income and get enjoyment out of it I say go for it.
Lot's of my single buddies blow thousands on the weekends clubbing, gambling and getting drunk.

Euchred
07-22-2012, 01:55 PM
People spend real money and lots. Not hard to believe, Not a big deal.

RAMBONE
07-22-2012, 01:56 PM
I don't care just curious, I bought the same thing you did and use it sparingly. I down load some from tapjoy too to get a little extra... I posted this because one guy said he spent 500 a month and just want to see the range of how much people play and get hooked on the games...

RAMBONE
07-22-2012, 01:58 PM
I knew that people spent some money but the extent of what they buy is really unbelievable !!! I guess in short if I had Money to waste I might do the same. Lol...

<3 Hz
07-22-2012, 02:00 PM
$0 per month

If I get any itunes cards for gifts, I buy some gold.

Sandukan
07-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Just look at the events leaderboard within an hour of starting to get an idea of how much money is spent.
Imagine if we weren't in a recession lol

You will never be able to compete with them so it's as if they're playing a different game.
I get beat up by them occasionally but I don't worry about it. Some people have suggested that you should set your own goals and go for it. There are enough of us who have to rely on careful planning and allocating funds for you to still remain competitive.

jobadass
07-22-2012, 02:02 PM
I've spent $100 US and been playing almost a year...still have 55 gold to blow before exiting.

Ziva
07-22-2012, 02:23 PM
I started playing in Dec 2011 and in that 7 months I've spent approximately $300 - $400 US cash. I have stopped buying gold since these new events started, and from now on I will get any gold I can from Tapjoy. The new event style, the absolutely terrible customer support, CCMark's arrogent style of talking to us in this forum when he does actually say something instead of ignoring us which is more common, and many other things have all nearly ruined this game for me and many others. Just look at how many have quit already or said they will be quitting the game in their posts lately.

I used to enjoy this game a great deal, but now the main reason I stay is the wonderful people I have met here whom I am blessed to call my friends. They mean a lot to me.

i need muney
07-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Hey, Ziva, is that you in the picture? :)

TRAZ
07-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Gobs...no idea really...LOL. I usually spend some sort of amount per month.

Ziva
07-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Hey, Ziva, is that you in the picture? :)

Yes, that's me. I love horses and the woman on that horse was terrified to ride so I was walking her in a circle as u would a child. LOL! :)

iteachem
07-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Joined forums in November.

No personal money spent on game (so far)
1 gift card from a friend 20$
everything else from tap joy (quite a lot in fact)

Spent on:
two churches
two pirate taverns
1 goodfella upgrade
3-5 crates
2 Erin Goes Booms
a few misc resets

RAMBONE
07-22-2012, 09:34 PM
I have spent about 100 bucks since I started. I mainly bought the gold to play the Events untill I realized that I would need to spend BIG BUCKS to even come close to winning an event. I am really shocked how much people spend for a game that gives you nothing in return, I mean you have fun and all but you get no gain by playing also its really amazing that people have that much cash to piss away...... Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 Hz
07-22-2012, 09:41 PM
its really amazing that people have that much cash to piss away...... Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They gotta have something to do during bad weather while they sit in their private jet waiting for their flight to their vacation estate in Monaco. Crime city is a great way to pass the time...most of the time.

Neonjoe
07-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Yes, that's me. I love horses and the woman on that horse was terrified to ride so I was walking her in a circle as u would a child. LOL! :)

are you a giant or is that horse a midget?

p.s: that's my mustache

Steve0
07-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Monaco Is very nice to go to realy. Would like to go again now that I am older.

Fake
07-22-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm still at level 52, but only 1500GB bought when the price was lowered!

i need muney
07-22-2012, 11:51 PM
You've ruined it! I wanted to ask who's the girl to the right of you :D

NTM
07-22-2012, 11:54 PM
u can't play if u don't spend Gold, all week u have event so u buy...

or u left of game.. sad i know...
thta what i cal a game P2P + Pay for items... 1 items = 15$

lol

Nudie
07-23-2012, 04:26 AM
$79.99 and not a penny more. :p

Bea
07-23-2012, 05:12 AM
I'm at L155 without spending any RL money, so there's no point now. I don't struggle to find weaker rivals, obviously my buildings get robbed if I don't collect but I'd have to spend a huge amount to significantly improve my stats so don't see the point. There are plenty of HL free players and plenty of gold players with very low stats.