PDA

View Full Version : Question from Twitter

marebear
07-22-2012, 01:30 PM
@Kingdom_Age: Our smiths are working hard to provide new and exciting weapons for you kingdom! What would you like to see in your armory?...I'll be happy to pass any feedback that way for anyone who doesn't twitter.

-->FISH<--
07-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Your going to think this is silly but, I want a moat or a tar pit. I have a fence around my base in MW, (I know no one but me can see it) and would put something around my kingdom. How about about either a sling shot or a blowgun, or possibly a shield instead of armor. Just my wacky thoughts, since you asked....:)

marebear
07-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Happy to pass any ideas along. Fwiw I think moats and tar pits sound like fun ideas. :) I couldn't think of anything.

Hello Kitty
07-23-2012, 10:30 AM
Mare - what's the gem chance on twitter?

MaverickMunkey
07-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Mare - what's the gem chance on twitter?

If it is the same as the Facebook one, you put your KA id on there to request allies and one person will be selected to receive 100 gems.

Hello Kitty
07-23-2012, 10:35 AM
If it is the same as the Facebook one, you put your KA id on there to request allies and one person will be selected to receive 100 gems.Ah, thanks MM. Did you do it?

MaverickMunkey
07-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Ah, thanks MM. Did you do it?

Yeah gave it a whirl but if my luck is as good as it is on the crate events they will charge me a 100 gems to enter!

Joe Brown1
07-23-2012, 11:30 AM
OK, I'm both a noob and clueless on Twitter - how do you add to a retweet? I am supposed to add my ID to the retweet but there doesn't seem to be an option to add anything to it??

enahs1
07-23-2012, 11:31 AM
I hit quote this tweet and then added my code joe

Joe Brown1
07-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Still lost - all I see as options are expand/collapse, reply, retweet and favorite - nothing for quoting

God, can we just go back to smoke signals and the pony express:p

enahs1
07-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Hit the reload looking button then hit quote tweet
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/375e74a2.jpg

Joe Brown1
07-23-2012, 11:58 AM
enahs1 - thanks for helping - somehow I'm all f*cked up - I've been hitting the reload button (it even says retweet) but I don't get the quote tweet option. Does it matter that I am on my computer - does it have to be a mobile device?

enahs1
07-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Oh, I have never used a computer for twitter. Just download twitter from the app store. It sounds much more user-friendly then the computer version
I just looked up how to do it and it says it's not possible on desktop

Joe Brown1
07-23-2012, 12:04 PM
ahh, that explains my massively useless exercise of beating my head againsta wall. Thanks!

enahs1
07-23-2012, 12:05 PM
ahh, that explains my massively useless exercise of beating my head againsta wall. Thanks!
Lmao, your welcome

Hello Kitty
07-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Still lost - all I see as options are expand/collapse, reply, retweet and favorite - nothing for quoting God, can we just go back to smoke signals and the pony express:pI'm dying laughing Joe...only because I would be going through the exact same thing you are. Don't know a thing about Twitter except I think it's like a real time Facebook wall, which i don't do anymore either. Will have to sit this opp out. Good luck on the gems! :)

Crime City Mark
07-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Still lost - all I see as options are expand/collapse, reply, retweet and favorite - nothing for quoting

God, can we just go back to smoke signals and the pony express:p

If you retweet it quotes and you can add your stuff.

Joe Brown1
07-23-2012, 02:14 PM
CCM - I have been trying to use twitter from my desktop. Retweet from a desktop does quote but does not allow you to add more information. very frustrating.

Joe Brown1
07-23-2012, 02:17 PM
HK - glad this dinosaur could provide some entertainment. Gree is lucky I didn't ask how to hammer and chisel a tweet on the rock on my desk. And by the way, I don't think I can throw it very far.

PS - can you send me some of your Abyss box luck - I haven't gotten a helmet since yesterday morning:p

The_Red
07-23-2012, 02:25 PM
CCM - I have been trying to use twitter from my desktop. Retweet from a desktop does quote but does not allow you to add more information. very frustrating.

I'm not a twitter guru by any stretch, but using this may work for those who log directly into twitter.com (as you can't retweet and edit on there)

http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/27675/How-to-Retweet-the-Right-Way-in-4-Easy-Steps.aspx

Joe Brown1
07-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Thanks Red! This was very useful. I will now stop chiseling my retweet on a large rock to throw out my office window. I'm also glad I don't have to write the message in teeny tiny print on a ton of pebbles to throw at people to get maximum coverage.;)

The_Red
07-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Thanks Red! This was very useful. I will now stop chiseling my retweet on a large rock to throw out my office window. I'm also glad I don't have to write the message in teeny tiny print on a ton of pebbles to throw at people to get maximum coverage.;)

I feel your pain; I had to use the aforementioned site to figure it out myself after I gave up building a fire to send smoke signals.

marebear
07-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Y'all are cracking me up. I'm a twitter noob too. Lol.

Hello Kitty
07-23-2012, 02:45 PM
HK - glad this dinosaur could provide some entertainment. Gree is lucky I didn't ask how to hammer and chisel a tweet on the rock on my desk. And by the way, I don't think I can throw it very far.

PS - can you send me some of your Abyss box luck - I haven't gotten a helmet since yesterday morning:pAnd I always thought you were Yosemite in your forum av! I was laughing because I couldn't even get as far as you did! Glad you figured it out though. I'll try Red's instructions next time. Hope you win the gems!

Hobtuse
07-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Retweeted the message too. Thanks for the promotion~!

Joe Brown1
07-23-2012, 07:51 PM
I attempted it using Red's instructions but I don't show up as a retweet. CCM - hopefully you will see me under Macros the Black

I am still befuddled:p

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-24-2012, 05:01 PM
New question on Twitter. Don't think it will result in gems or anything, but this ones kind of amusing. Has to do with naming the Abomination monster's walk...