PDA

View Full Version : Composites - please explain

Tanner
07-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Hey all,

Could someone help me out w this please? What am I missing here? Isn't composited supposed to add 20% to your defense score? Or was I wrong on this? The question can up bc it was raided and I checked my stats before and after. See links:

After raid
http://db.tt/RiYyE4Lk

After repair
http://db.tt/2T3mFXpG

The difference there is off, isn't it? Thanks for any direction you can lend here!

Tanner
07-22-2012, 09:31 AM
By my calculations this is a 17.49% defense boost.

For clarification, I have a level 10 and it was fully raided.

Dirty Doug
07-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm not 100% certain, but I think defensive buildings may not be included in the boost. I think it only boosts defensive units.

Selfproclaimed
07-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Tanner, did you take in consideration of other boost buildings you have ? Know what I mean

Poopenshire
07-22-2012, 10:00 AM
The other question to ask was a full 3 hit raid or 1 or 2 hits. not sure if you ha e to raid all 3 times for the boost to be gone or just once.

Tanner
07-22-2012, 11:13 AM
The other question to ask was a full 3 hit raid or 1 or 2 hits. not sure if you ha e to raid all 3 times for the boost to be gone or just once.

it was the full three. thx

Tanner
07-22-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm not 100% certain, but I think defensive buildings may not be included in the boost. I think it only boosts defensive units.

DD, am I understanding you to say that you think def buildings are part of my alliance def score?

Tanner
07-22-2012, 11:16 AM
Tanner, did you take in consideration of other boost buildings you have ? Know what I mean

good call there, but I didnt have any other boosts hit.

magepker
07-22-2012, 11:21 AM
did u lose any units when he attacked u?

Arizona
07-22-2012, 11:27 AM
If you have other defence buildings, they will add something to your defence score. The Composite only boosts unit defence. You will get an error because you're assuming your buildings are boosted as well. To get an accurate 20% boost, you will need to separate your defensive units from the defensive buildings. Something you could do on a spreadsheet.

Tanner
07-22-2012, 12:08 PM
I haven't lost a unit in a raid or while playing defense in weeks. Then, the time I did, it was an ambulance. I didn't thi I those were even coming into play at that point?!

Tanner
07-22-2012, 12:09 PM
If you have other defence buildings, they will add something to your defence score. The Composite only boosts unit defence. You will get an error because you're assuming your buildings are boosted as well. To get an accurate 20% boost, you will need to separate your defensive units from the defensive buildings. Something you could do on a spreadsheet.

I did not know this. So defense buildings add to my Alliance defense score?

Dirty Doug
07-22-2012, 01:20 PM
I did not know this. So defense buildings add to my Alliance defense score?

Yes, defense buildings add to your total defense, or as you say your alliance defense score. I was pretty certain that the composite building did not add boost to your defense buildings, only units, and Saigon appears to agree. Next time you build or upgrade a defensive building, check your stats before and after and you will see it being added into your total defense stat.

Maverick50727
07-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Tanner. Alliance def = (units stats including boosts) + sum of all base defenses. As far as I've seen composites boosts only units with no effect on base def.

Boom
07-22-2012, 06:40 PM
So composites really work?

Q Raider
07-22-2012, 07:37 PM
So composites really work?

Certainly do, adds quite a few k to mine and I still have a couple of upgrades left.

It's why they often get raided first, takes down the most points in three hits.

JMC
07-22-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm going to assume you have other Boost buildings, as well as defence buildings adding to your defensive score.

Defence buildings add to your stats and are unaffected by the composites factory.

You Defence went up by something like 700. Indicating that your raw stats are about 3500 defence. The other 500 defence comes from whatever nation boosts as well as boosts from other buildings and defence buildings. Stuff that the composites does not effect.

Also, raiding a boost building once or twice does absolutely nothing. It must be raided all 3 times in order for the boost to be taken away.

Kara T
07-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Also, raiding a boost building once or twice does absolutely nothing. It must be raided all 3 times in order for the boost to be taken away.[/QUOTE]

I have always wondered about this.....how did you confirm it takes three licks (like a tootsie pop I guess).....since you never see the boost in your rival's profile?

JMC
07-22-2012, 09:21 PM
I have always wondered about this.....how did you confirm it takes three licks (like a tootsie pop I guess).....since you never see the boost in your rival's profile?

I get raided.

Tanner
07-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks for these seemingly very elementary clarifications all. It's time to redo some math!

Boom
07-22-2012, 10:22 PM
What's the point of raiding the Comp if they could already raid u..

JMC
07-22-2012, 10:54 PM
What's the point of raiding the Comp if they could already raid u..

To attack you.