PDA

View Full Version : Long upgrades

Boom
07-21-2012, 12:36 PM
What are some buildings that are worth upgrading to lvl 10 and CHEAP? Thank you..

jmeijer
07-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Depends on what your income/hr is. In the beginning stages of the game, I would suggest Ice Cream Shop, Basketball Court and Laundromat. When you are more advanced, then the Movie Theater and Loft are good options.

Boom
07-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Here's the list of buildings I have at lvl 10
Laundromats
Ice cream shop
Italian rest.
Gun shops
Houses
Soon to be T shirt stands and fish stores lol. Any other recommendations?

Boom
07-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Depends on what your income/hr is. In the beginning stages of the game, I would suggest Ice Cream Shop, Basketball Court and Laundromat. When you are more advanced, then the Movie Theater and Loft are good options. my iph is 73k.... MTS and lofts would be a little difficult

Paulio
07-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Pawn shops

Boom
07-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Ok so far this is what I've got
Pawn shops
Fish stores
T shirt stands

jmeijer
07-21-2012, 12:50 PM
my iph is 73k.... MTS and lofts would be a little difficultIt's just that I'm working on getting my lofts to 10 (they're noth at 8 now). That is not an option for you right now.

It definitely has to be a type A building, the House (as someone mentioned before) is reasonable, Pawn Shop doesn't add much in my opinion.

Second Comming
07-21-2012, 12:54 PM
MTS and lofts would be a little difficult

Start with the MTS first, they are good long-term investments, especially as class A income buildings. With your income you can afford it even after you take the buffed iph LM's give.

Giedrius
07-21-2012, 12:58 PM
MT's and Lofts, don't waste money/time on anything less.

fuzzy
07-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Boom what level are you at? Maybe some other options out there.

Boom
07-21-2012, 01:02 PM
I should of have just said im saving for a nc lol so I need cheap long upgrades

Boom
07-21-2012, 01:04 PM
My lvl is like 80 or so

xXSycoXx
07-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I did a meat factory to lvl 10 while saving up for a lvl 3 NC the other week

SeqWins
07-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Boom add me I want to check out your hood.

erik
07-21-2012, 01:08 PM
MT upgrades are slow and really should be cheap if you are saving for a NC. Gled is spot on for the early level focus.

Boom
07-21-2012, 01:12 PM
Can someone give me a link to that money building spreadsheet that the guy with a baby as an avatar made?

Boom
07-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Boom add me I want to check out your hood.Sure what's ur code? U can pm me ur code if u want

Tissues
07-21-2012, 01:29 PM
@Boom - search White Frog then look in his Sig for link to spreadsheet..
Billionaire posted this not to long ago - hope it helps..
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36459-Find-out-which-level-10-buildings-increase-your-IPH-the-most......&highlight=Billionaire

Boom
07-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Nvm I found the guy..

Tony 432847666
07-21-2012, 06:43 PM
I am focussing on upgrading MT and loft, and I would upgrade other type a buildings when I don't have enough money for next MT or loft upgrade.

i need muney
07-21-2012, 11:58 PM
MT's and Lofts, don't waste money/time on anything less.
This. Pawn shop is an awful building to get to 10.
Actually, you might wanna start maxing your building after you've built every single building you need. But if level 10s are a goal then go for Mts and then Lofts.

doinkent
07-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Pawn shops

pawn shops? lol

The Billionaire
07-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Pawn shops are bottom of the list and as Tissues pointed out i created a thread to show which level 10 buildings produce the best IPH.

If i was you i'd focus on the following in the following order:

Lofts
Movie Theatres
Wholesale Warehouse
Dominican Restaurant
Internet Company
Chicken & Waffles
Seafood Restaurant
Barbershop

Obviously if you want the cheapest upgrades work from the bottom of the list to the top.

Check out the thread for full details of each building

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36459-Find-out-which-level-10-buildings-increase-your-IPH-the-most......

ShawnBB
07-22-2012, 04:50 AM
Billionaire's list is very helpful, guys. Take a good look at it combined with the upgrade cost.

I'm shocked to see people in forum giving advices about upgrading pawn shop to lvl10. Gun shop and fish store are basically in the top trash building list as well.
Shouldn't jump out to suggest others If you are still having a hard time figuring out hood build yourself.

Boom, a 73K IpH at level 80 should not have that much level 10 buildings IMO.
All your early level 10s took 26k of your income which means you are not well utilizing MT/Loft or all the other unlocked high lvl buildings so far at 80.
I would say save a NC with an insufficient IpH at high level is a bad game plan and low efficiency. You should really start thinking, is it really worth to keep upgrading those worse and worse early game buildings all to level 10?

Not sure where you at on the NC saving, but you should really stop saving after the first 40m whatsoever.
put your money back in upgrading MT/Loft, dominican,upscale club,wholesale,beachside inn,comedy club,smoke shop,brownstone to a higher level. Then go back to level 2 saving!
That will cut your saving time a lot,so you don't really need to look for too many poor early buildings and waste your time on leveling them to ten.

Swearengen
07-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Billionaire's list is very helpful, guys. Take a good look at it combined with the upgrade cost.

I'm shocked to see people in forum giving advices about upgrading pawn shop to lvl10. Gun shop and fish store are basically in the top trash building list as well.
Shouldn't jump out to suggest others If you are still having a hard time figuring out hood build yourself.

Boom, a 73K IpH at level 80 should not have that much level 10 buildings IMO.
All your early level 10s took 26k of your income which means you are not well utilizing MT/Loft or all the other unlocked high lvl buildings so far at 80.
I would say save a NC with an insufficient IpH at high level is a bad game plan and low efficiency. You should really start thinking, is it really worth to keep upgrading those worse and worse early game buildings all to level 10?

Not sure where you at on the NC saving, but you should really stop saving after the first 40m whatsoever.
put your money back in upgrading MT/Loft, dominican,upscale club,wholesale,beachside inn,comedy club,smoke shop,brownstone to a higher level. Then go back to level 2 saving!
That will cut your saving time a lot,so you don't really need to look for too many poor early buildings and waste your time on leveling them to ten.

Great post, upgrade your upscales or similiar good bldg while doing the long NC upgrade save. Has worked well for me...

Boom
07-22-2012, 08:14 AM
I know I just really want a nightclub lol... Im close to nc I have like 30m..

Boom
07-22-2012, 08:16 AM
But yes after it I will do lofts,mts,upscales,wholesales,dominicans

Euchred
07-22-2012, 08:50 AM
I have felt like a lot of the options given were not possible with my camper until both my NCs were at level 3. After that you can upgrade the decent buildings and save at the same time. I didn't consider upgrading bad buildings a waste of time but more as a savings upgrade. Some saving upgrades I did that were long are Italians to level 9 bagel shops to 7 and playhouses to 8 was very long.

ShawnBB
07-22-2012, 12:56 PM
I have felt like a lot of the options given were not possible with my camper until both my NCs were at level 3. After that you can upgrade the decent buildings and save at the same time. I didn't consider upgrading bad buildings a waste of time but more as a savings upgrade. Some saving upgrades I did that were long are Italians to level 9 bagel shops to 7 and playhouses to 8 was very long.

I’ll try to explain more here why saving Night club by upgrading too much early money buildings is a big in game waste; in other words, why low level camping is a horrible Econ play.

Billionaire’s level 10 output list is actually indicating that the ultimate Hood will be filled with the highest IpH level 10 buildings. Also level 10 highest defense buildings.

Since the hood size is limited, you can draw a picture in your head that the end game hood will be filled with some money buildings(not all) and some defense buildings(not all)
So here comes the question, How many money buildings will you keep by then? Just 2 Nightclubs? Top 10 till Condo? Or top 50 till icecream shop?
Whatever the answer is, one thing for sure. Pawn shop, gun shop, electronic store,warehouse and all other bottom ones will NOT exist in your hood.
The ideal hood develop is to skip every single bottom buildings while having sufficient money to constantly upgrading the money buildings you will ultimately keep in the hood.
However the reality is we have to start building with the ones that will be sold in the end. Wtf!
Thus, those low ROI but high IpH buildings are the best ones to help us accumulating money to afford expensive upgrades and skip upgrade time wasting on the ones that will be sold in the end. You want to spend as less time as possible on the early camping buildings that will be sold in the future.

Early saving will let you have the Night Club sooner, but have the level 10 Night Club later.

Euchred
07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
But I'm never going to have those higher IPH buildings because I'll never stop camping. The only high IPH building I'll ever have is the NC so I'm going to do whatever I can to level up the NC as quick as possible without wasting upgrade time. I'll never have to make room I'll always be low level.

On my main I didn't build NCs till I was lvl 145 :p and now one is level 6 and one is level 7

Boom
07-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Ok no pawn shops for me lol..