PDA

View Full Version : These new boss events

Fazhang
07-20-2012, 09:37 PM
I think we all agree that these boss events arnt as fun compared to the other more involved events. These boss events are really ridiculous due to the fact that a free player can noway make to level 30. And if free players or any other kinds of players can actually make it to the final prize then these events would be more fun. What is the point of these boss events if nobody can beat it without using gold. It really takes the fun out of the game
when you know you have no chance of winning unless you use gold. In the long run, these boss events will not be competitive and slowly drain all the fun out. Lastly I just wanted to say: if you're gonna make an event, at least make it winnable by free player.

yomoney
07-20-2012, 09:38 PM
here here yeah

Vertex
07-20-2012, 09:46 PM
What is the point of these boss events if nobody can beat it without using gold.

Unfortunately, the point of the events IS to make funzio/GREEd money. Nothing else. They are a company, a greedy one at that, and they are doing what greedy companies do best, making money off customers.

Thief
07-20-2012, 09:54 PM
Well Compared to the Crate Event which we have had 13? of i would respectfully disagree with you. I think the Boss event forces individuls to start building an offense which afterall it is a war game. If you increase your offense enough you will get further in the event and be rewarded for your efforts i believe. I have recieved 11 Rare Units so far from the 3 Events all with higher stats than anything i've recieved from Crate events and at least a dozen Uncommons that are just as powerful as the 7th and 9th release from the Crate events.

Has it been easy? No but at least i don't have some convoluted idea that i will win? I actually know...but i also know how to get further. So far i've spent over 40 Million Cash on Military alone and have doubled by Military offensive strenth since the beggining of the first Boss event. I would say they are working.

Ace

Warfiend
07-20-2012, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't mind it if you had to use gold, but with each successive event the amount of gold required to "win" goes up.

Problem is, people are paying big bucks to "win" the events. As long as people are paying for it, they're not going to change anything.

That being said, I still like the boss events. As a free player, I take what units I can get from them and get on with it. I got the first boss with tapjoy, and won't be getting another one as the gold requires went up exponentially. No biggie. the game isn't about winning boss events, so I have fun where I can. That's all you really can do. The money they're making speaks louder than our words.

Vertex
07-20-2012, 10:02 PM
Well Compared to the Crate Event which we have had 13? of i would respectfully disagree with you. I think the Boss event forces individuls to start building an offense which afterall it is a war game. If you increase your offense enough you will get further in the event and be rewarded for your efforts i believe. I have recieved 11 Rare Units so far from the 3 Events all with higher stats than anything i've recieved from Crate events and at least a dozen Uncommons that are just as powerful as the 7th and 9th release from the Crate events.

Has it been easy? No but at least i don't have some convoluted idea that i will win? I actually know...but i also know how to get further. So far i've spent over 40 Million Cash on Military alone and have doubled by Military offensive strenth since the beggining of the first Boss event. I would say they are working.

Ace

I'll give you that one, sure, they have helped players. But ultimately, Funzio/GREEd is out to make money. These events are set into place to guile people into spending money. Whether or not it's plausible to win or not, or whether or not it is revealed how to win the event, the event is still to make the company money. They don't just put out these events to ONLY "help" customers. If it weren't for money, they wouldn't even have events.

I will agree with you here though, they are indeed better than the chance-driven crate events.

Boom
07-20-2012, 10:44 PM
I'd rather have boss events than leader board events.

Crazy Canuck
07-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Do I think the boss event needs some tweaking? Yes
Rare drops could be upped the higher you get like it say they are suppose to be and would like to see boss clock moved to 4 hours atleast to give please a better chance to get further with out gold

But all and all this is the vest event funzio/gree has come out with. Atleast here we know if we want to make it further how to somewhat do it by building up our armies.

Fazhang
07-21-2012, 06:10 AM
I totally agree that they need to make money but think about it for one second. We already know gold player and free players have a huge gap in their armies, so why continue with these events that makes that gap larger?
I am not saying that these events don't help me, by all means they do. My attack has risen 4k after the first boss event. And yes these event encourages us to build a stronger army, BUT there is only so much you can do to build that army. For example, how are you gonna build the army? By valor? Well your valor will definitely run out. By cash? Unless your IPH is like 500k+ it's hard to even get 200 extra attack points. By adding allies? By adding allies you increase your chances of being attacked by a more stable army and upgrading 10mil+ building flys out the window.

Letsgoravens
07-21-2012, 06:37 AM
Forget that free players can't get the boss, most gold players above 100 won't get the boss either because it takes insane amounts of cash.
Funzio shouldnt stack this against players at higher levels, why should I be penalized for playing the game all the time and leveling up.

Berio
07-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Gonna agree that company needs to earn money but at least make it fun for all players. I stopped at lvl 9 boss without gold at 1st and 2nd boss event but the 3rd one, i had to stop at lvl 4 boss. I leveled up from 102 - 104 and increased my attack by 4k in between of 2nd boss event to 3rd event but am getting lesser boss kill.

Mad
07-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I wouldn't mind it if you had to use gold, but with each successive event the amount of gold required to "win" goes up.

Problem is, people are paying big bucks to "win" the events. As long as people are paying for it, they're not going to change anything.

That being said, I still like the boss events. As a free player, I take what units I can get from them and get on with it. I got the first boss with tapjoy, and won't be getting another one as the gold requires went up exponentially. No biggie. the game isn't about winning boss events, so I have fun where I can. That's all you really can do. The money they're making speaks louder than our words.

Reading some of these posts, it is obvious some guys have spent $200 plus on a single boss event. I can hardly believe it.

Like you I used Tapjoy gold and won the first boss event, but since then I have decided not go for the boss, because it has gotten much harder to win.

But I love picking up all the gold units I can, it is a poor man's gold army.

But watching these events I have noticed that Gree very much controls the level of difficulty for the events. I remember a while back I decided to go for broke for one of the loot events and won 10. I did it simply because I noticed I was opening them pretty easy, but more importantly I noticed on this forum a lot of other guys were opening more than usual and were saying as much. This told me the developers had made the odds easier to win on this particular loot event, so I decided to go for it and won the 10.

On the second boss event, I was noticing everyone saying how much harder it was and guys said as they got close to the end Boss 27 that it was getting expotentially harder and needed to spend lots of gold. That was all I need to know.

We must be pretty close to the same level? What level are you?

Cool Fella
07-21-2012, 11:22 AM
All they are doing with these events is creating giant farms (free players) for gold players. I understand they want to make money but they are creating such an unbalanced game that after sometime is not fun to play it anymore

Watash
07-21-2012, 03:43 PM
After the first boss event Funzio has made the subsequent way too hard. I thought that after the second event that they might adjust a little but they have not. I can not make it beyond level 8 with cash only so there is no way I will even attempt further. The first event I made it to level 18 with cash. They obviously can do as they please but I will not participate as it stands now.

Cool Fella
07-21-2012, 05:20 PM
After the first boss event Funzio has made the subsequent way too hard. I thought that after the second event that they might adjust a little but they have not. I can not make it beyond level 8 with cash only so there is no way I will even attempt further. The first event I made it to level 18 with cash. They obviously can do as they please but I will not participate as it stands now.

No only that, the first event I got a few rare items. The last boss event was terrible for me and this one I am on my 14th boss and I got 12 common and 2 uncommon.

Fazhang
07-21-2012, 07:56 PM
All they are doing with these events is creating giant farms (free players) for gold players. I understand they want to make money but they are creating such an unbalanced game that after sometime is not fun to play it anymore
Totally agree, not as much motivation when you know gold players are always gonna be on top

Hello Kitty
07-21-2012, 08:24 PM
I think we all agree that these boss events arnt as fun compared to the other more involved events. These boss events are really ridiculous due to the fact that a free player can noway make to level 30. And if free players or any other kinds of players can actually make it to the final prize then these events would be more fun. What is the point of these boss events if nobody can beat it without using gold. It really takes the fun out of the gamewhen you know you have no chance of winning unless you use gold. In the long run, these boss events will not be competitive and slowly drain all the fun out. Lastly I just wanted to say: if you're gonna make an event, at least make it winnable by free player.Out of curiosity, what is your argument that free players should be able to get the grand prize with no investment? This is not a malicious, ill-intended question, but one out of curiosity. I have played both ways...free and paid. Want to understand. If everyone agrees that the business model is to churn revenue and that any player who chooses can buy his or her way to the top or at any level in between (by game design) then why does this topic keep getting revisited?

Dry
07-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Iam 36 yrs old with 2kids ,, love this game ..but . I can't buy gold ,, how iam spouse to win with this "boss"?lol

Copenhagen
07-21-2012, 09:51 PM
The boss events are good for ALL players.

Considering GREEd needs to find a way to make a profit to keep this great game going, it is a much more advantageous for ALL players compared to any of the other events. Especially the Leader Board crap going on in KA and CC.

It promotes PVP and PVE activity, entices and provides active players with FREE indestructable units. The key to performing well in the boss event is to grow your attack and complete missions. If you aren't having success, put more effort into your economy to afford the events and buid-up you inventory.

Outside of the necessity to drive revenues, I feel this event is designed to promote more free players and level the playing feild in order to keep the game compelling.

I should add the caveat that I have had the opportunity to add allies and dump valor, starting with 200 allies and 80,000 valor at the first event. I would anticipate that maxed allies and expended valor makes this more difficult and would expect to experience the event being more challenging in the future.

Corsair
07-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Agree with Warfiend, Watash, and Cope. The first was was OK, had to spend some gold but totally worth it. Fun event but very time consuming. Second event was going to be too expensive and time consuming so didn't push it. Same, even more so, with this one. Got my 10 units, may get 1 or 2 more if I level up. Background noise now.

My main disappointment is not figuring out the mechanics of the boss health yet. I keep getting stronger but it does no good. Relatively strong for my level too. I think they're just trying to suck people in, this company has a habit of that.

Dr. Dengus
07-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Highly doubt they are going to change the structure of the boss events as long as the money keeps rolling in for GREE. But they should at least add an extra 10 - 25 minutes to the timer for every boss you kill. Maybe 25 mins would be excessive since by the time you reach boss #30 you'd have an extra 12 hours to defeat the boss lol. But heck anything would help. And as I'm writing this I realize the easier they make events, the less profits that will probably come in :(

Kiss Of Death
07-21-2012, 10:31 PM
The boss events are good for ALL players.

Considering GREEd needs to find a way to make a profit to keep this great game going, it is a much more advantageous for ALL players compared to any of the other events. Especially the Leader Board crap going on in KA and CC.

It promotes PVP and PVE activity, entices and provides active players with FREE indestructable units. The key to performing well in the boss event is to grow your attack and complete missions. If you aren't having success, put more effort into your economy to afford the events and buid-up you inventory.

Outside of the necessity to drive revenues, I feel this event is designed to promote more free players and level the playing feild in order to keep the game compelling.

I should add the caveat that I have had the opportunity to add allies and dump valor, starting with 200 allies and 80,000 valor at the first event. I would anticipate that maxed allies and expended valor makes this more difficult and would expect to experience the event being more challenging in the future.

Agree I dopped to 160 Allies before it started and that seems a god send.. Got to boss 15 no gold needed... needed a med pack for 16 and 17... I expect i'll need a few more in the mid 20's. I have just boosted by 50 Allies in one go after initiating boss and gained 3000 damage doing so. When this ends I'll drop back to 100 allies in anticipation of a plane prize next one.

I like these and would also like to see a PvP again even if the prize is crappy just for the fun side of things!

See you all again later.

Oh and haven't bothered with a single auction event... normally get 1 or 2 units form them at best.

Like the Boss, Like 10 item events, Like PvP...

Fazhang
07-22-2012, 06:15 AM
Out of curiosity, what is your argument that free players should be able to get the grand prize with no investment? This is not a malicious, ill-intended question, but one out of curiosity. I have played both ways...free and paid. Want to understand. If everyone agrees that the business model is to churn revenue and that any player who chooses can buy his or her way to the top or at any level in between (by game design) then why does this topic keep getting revisited?
My argument is that an event should be made where there is a possibility of everybody winning. Instead you see these events where there is no possible way to win. A couple of weeks ago I saw this one thread about this guy quitting because he made the argument that this game isn't a strategy game anymore, now I see that.

whiskeybravo
07-22-2012, 06:37 AM

This. I wonder about the longevity of this game as it continues to become more and more unbalanced. The amount of money people spend on this game continues to amaze me, especially after reading the thread about bulk gold purchases.

It's no longer a strategy game, it's a farming game. The only real strategy is To buy large quantities of gold or not.

Mad
07-22-2012, 07:09 AM
This. I wonder about the longevity of this game as it continues to become more and more unbalanced. The amount of money people spend on this game continues to amaze me, especially after reading the thread about bulk gold purchases.

It's no longer a strategy game, it's a farming game. The only real strategy is To buy large quantities of gold or not.

I noticed one guy must have spent at least $200 on the last boss event and he didn't even win the 30th one. And these are just the guys that are willing to talk about it.

There are guys who are spending hundreds of dollars on this game. I mean I would like to support the game, because I do enjoy it. But who can compete with guys spending that kind of money?