PDA

View Full Version : Tapjoy farming - how long is the season?

azy
07-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Been farming Tapjoy as of late to buy the composite factory, but only the easy crop: "free app, install and run" variety.

Thing is, I'm still a ways away from 250g, but I've basically run out of free apps. Even if I scroll through a half dozen next pages, I seem to have sucked it dry <insert joke>. I did notice that if I wait a day or so, a few offers pop up. Anyone has an idea of what the insertion rate <joke #2> is? How long might it take to farm 100g once the fields are bare? <I'm dying>

manbeast
07-20-2012, 08:43 PM
tapjoy hasnt been working for me at all for the last 3 days. cant get it to load.

get the discover card!

magepker
07-20-2012, 08:43 PM
2 weeks max. that's if you stay on top of it <insert joke>

make sure your doing the tapjoy on the game app and the ones on tapjoy.com you get different offers.

Warfiend
07-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Tapjoy ebbs and flows for me. I run into dry periods where I feel lucky if I get 3 gold in a day, and other times I pull down 30 gold with just a handful of app downloads.

I haven't done any average calculations in a while, but between the last 20 gold I spent in the last boss event and now, I'm up about 60 gold I think.

magepker has the right idea about checking the in game offers and the website to get the most possible offers.

One thing with tapjoy to keep in mind is that they're funded by advertising budgets. Summer isn't the biggest spending season for advertisers as more people are doing things away from their electronic devices. As we head into fall, it should pick up a bit, and of course, during the Christmas season, and the months after, you should be seeing a lot more and better offers. Assuming the economy doesn't tank further.

azy
07-20-2012, 09:56 PM
One thing with tapjoy to keep in mind is that they're funded by advertising budgets. Summer isn't the biggest spending season for advertisers as more people are doing things away from their electronic devices. As we head into fall, it should pick up a bit, and of course, during the Christmas season, and the months after, you should be seeing a lot more and better offers. Assuming the economy doesn't tank further.

The Fall!? Christmas!? I was thinking days here. Oh my.

Good advice all around though. I hadn't looked in 3/4 days so today I was able to squeeze out ~15g. A few more days like that and I'll be able to get the comp. fac.

Ryans67
07-20-2012, 10:12 PM
It's best to check it regularly, a few times a day. Some of the bigger gold apps will disappear once they reach a certain amount of downloads. I check mine a few times a day, and would say I can average 10 a day. I collect it solely to complete upgrades sooner. I'd die trying to collect 250, but getting 40 or so helps when an upgrade completes two hours after you want to go to bed. Synching my Amex to twitter was awesome gold. The real player one was also easy gold. The transunion one was crap, and I never got my gold.

Warfiend
07-20-2012, 10:15 PM
The Fall!? Christmas!? I was thinking days here. Oh my.

I just meant, this is the dry season, so it's slow going. Probably the worst time of year to try to get anywhere with tapjoy gold. But you can probably do it within a couple weeks depending, maybe even sooner.

bigflan
07-20-2012, 10:16 PM
I have 107 gold because people at gree made a mistake and gave me 100 gold free so saving for a composite it's been slow going picked up 6 gold I'm lazy and don't feel like checking

Dr. Dengus
07-20-2012, 10:24 PM
I have 107 gold because people at gree made a mistake and gave me 100 gold free so saving for a composite it's been slow going picked up 6 gold I'm lazy and don't feel like checking

You probably have a secret admirer from the support team who lurks the forums lol.

bigflan
07-20-2012, 10:26 PM
You probably have a secret admirer from the support team who lurks the forums lol.They took away all my allies and gave me gold I sent a ticket to support and they were like whatever

Tanner
07-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Thats what she said
/Michael Scott