PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions of Modern War on Android

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 07:48 PM
After playing for a couple of days, I have to say on the dual core Android phone I'm using the game crashes a lot. As in 10 times more often then our IOS devices. Perhaps it would be better on our Playbook but it is not available for it.

There is also a very long time lag with cash you have acquired or raided showing up in your vault window. Almost a full minute in some cases.

I can only do one series of attacks on a rival if I try another without closing the app it will crash.

It will also crash randomly when I just swipe across the screen. It will also crash when you open a base with too many graphical items, which is better than cloaking btw! Nobody can attack you because you crash the app the minute you swipe to move around on the base. Also crashes when I tried to view a rivals stats.

We can buy Pink trees and these are currently visible to others in the game. They are not working as cloaks yet.

This looks like a port from Crime City as valour is called Praise.

I don't see any big differences so far, you need to attain certain levels in order to access different buildings which was something added to our version of MW latter on in it's release.

So far seems I can get the casualty glitch that is not really a glitch but an exploit of a problem in the code, yes this seems to be something built into the coding for MW and for KA.

Thankfully there are no events yet but my guess is many Android phones will lock up when that screen pops up.

Hey Aiden, I can't even get to your wall to post a hello if that is you on Android! If not well I'll try and eventually give them a love tap.

If I can wrestle a different Tablet out of Dev I might be able to test it some more, isn't available on the Playbook or on any older Android devices that cannot access the market. Hopefully the crashing I'm experiencing is more to do with the phone I'm testing on and not an overall problem.....

It's a pretty good port and the other interesting thing is that I can send an ally request from my IOS MW account and it shows up on my Android player so we may all be on the same server or database.

Poopenshire
07-20-2012, 07:53 PM
Care to share about the casualty? I am curious as it seems this could impact Alot of people.

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Care to share about the casualty? I am curious as it seems this could impact Alot of people.

From what I can see it's something you have to know about or happen to luck into when you start playing since the parameter in question cannot be changed once you have played for a while so technically knowing it once you are playing is of little to no use to you if you have set yourself up wrong.

Poopenshire
07-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Is it related to what wd talked about before? Pm me if true.

War Priest
07-20-2012, 08:04 PM
This may sound dumb but I am not sure. Are iOS and Android linked together on one network?

I never knew this about PS3 and Xbox either. :p

bigflan
07-20-2012, 08:05 PM
This may sound dumb but I am not sure. Are iOS and Android linked together on one network?

Yes WP I knew it too

And yes WP it's the same in cc we have new blood

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 08:12 PM

I'm going to guess yes, although I remember when MW first launched it seemed that players were grouped by country then something changed and a big flood of players suddenly appeared out of no where.

Right now my rivals list was looking pretty weird with a handful of familiar names but a lot of one's that looked like dev accounts or accounts set up by people that weren't really going to play. Players like aaddsoorrjje and ffguttegged are quite plentiful and make for great targets, sadly why I levelled up so fast, was like taking a lot of candy from babies.

But my guess is if I can ally my Android player then the two must be linked. Don't forget the game is a database so it doesn't really matter what the device is that's accessing it. That is just a client accessing the server.

Why I can run Windows on my iPad through Citrix. Ugh.....

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Is it related to what wd talked about before? Pm me if true.

Yes what we were discussing in PM.

War Priest
07-20-2012, 08:16 PM
So I assume the same with PS3 CoD and Xbox CoD. Somebody one told me that PS3 players cannot play matches with Xbox players though. Never knew if that was true or not.

Poopenshire
07-20-2012, 08:17 PM

The allocation of points.

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 08:21 PM
The allocation of points.

Nope the other thing.

CAPT.GIN
07-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Droooooooid.....

JMC
07-20-2012, 08:25 PM
So I assume the same with PS3 CoD and Xbox CoD. Somebody one told me that PS3 players cannot play matches with Xbox players though. Never knew if that was true or not.

PS3 and xbox are not linked together, only for certain games. All PS3 CoD players are together and all XBOX CoD players are together.

The only example of a game that i can think of where playstation users and xbox users play together is Final Fantasy XI. PS2 XBOX360 and PC users were all playing together. I know there's a few other MMORPGs out there where you can choose to either play on PS3 or the PC as well. Not sure if those are also linked to xbox, however almost every single game does not share servers between the consoles.

Don't know of any shooters with cross platform links. Only MMOs.

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 08:25 PM

That is probably more to do with the respective companies instead of an actual limitation of the software in the game. But I couldn't say for sure.

JMC
07-20-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm going to guess yes, although I remember when MW first launched it seemed that players were grouped by country then something changed and a big flood of players suddenly appeared out of no where.

MW as well as KA both launched in Canada first. That's why everyone was in the same country. The influx of new players came when the game was released internationally. Also when all the heavy gold players came. Before that i believe i was one of the top 3 players, and you weren't far behind.

Poopenshire
07-20-2012, 08:35 PM
AO, do we have enough data to support the original theory? We might be able to end the fighting and out the hidden players.

manbeast
07-20-2012, 08:38 PM
it should be pretty easy for them to link MW from ios to droid though. there are TONS of games/apps that are linked. like all the games i play, i play against droid ppl (my wifes family)

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 08:42 PM
MW as well as KA both launched in Canada first. That's why everyone was in the same country. The influx of new players came when the game was released internationally. Also when all the heavy gold players came, mostly americans. Before that i believe i was one of the top players, and you weren't far behind.

Hi, yes I remember that it launched here first just like the Android version but it seemed to me with the IOS version that we didn't get the wave of new players right when the game was released first in the US and then globally. Reason it registered was that there were a bunch of new names turning up in my rivals list that were pretty advanced and I remember asking one of them how long they had been playing. It seemed that they were somehow sequestered in a different part of the server/game.

Yeah you were always ahead of me back then!

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 08:44 PM
AO, do we have enough data to support the original theory? We might be able to end the fighting and out the hidden players.

Problem is it's not really an 'out able offence' because it's a problem in the way the game makes some crucial calculations and as a few of the glitchers have said they aren't doing anything themselves. I don't even know if it can be fixed, thing is it might break something else or make things worse.

JMC
07-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah, we don't see every single player that is in our level range, especially in the lower levels. What happened was probably that as the few of us that continued to play got more and more ahead, the amount of players that slowed down or quit increased and were falling off our rivals lists. Rivals lists which likely had a certain amount of players that it displays to each person now had to fill those spots with people we previously had never seen before.

azy
07-20-2012, 08:49 PM
MW as well as KA both launched in Canada first. That's why everyone was in the same country. The influx of new players came when the game was released internationally. Also when all the heavy gold players came. Before that i believe i was one of the top 3 players, and you weren't far behind.

How thing changes, uh? You probably weren't even dreaming of a 100K att/def back then, and now that's not even good enough for a top 10 or maybe even 50. Money corrupts everything, but makes the world go round.

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Yes the rivals list is still quite a mystery to me. Sometimes I can see quite a range of allies and at other times not. I remember back then there was a point when we could see everyone within a certain level range and it didn't matter how many allies they had. It must have been a major shock when those players with 1 ally suddenly got tossed into the deep end.

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 08:55 PM
How thing changes, uh? You probably weren't even dreaming of a 100K att/def back then, and now that's not even good enough for a top 10 or maybe even 50. Money corrupts everything, but makes the world go round.

No kidding, we were zipping along attacking and grabbing as much valour as we could and then buying Stealth Frigates and Super Hornets. I don't think Funzio had ever considered that something like this could happen and it really screwed up the design of the game. Something they have never recovered from it seems. But that's ok someone has to pay the freight!

Agent Orange
07-30-2012, 04:53 PM
The version of MW Android that I am using on our LG phone is a lot more stable than what I previously reported on.

Things that got fixed, the cash and gold status at the top of the screen now show what you have.
- when you collect from your buildings the money shows up immediately in your vault screen now.
- app freezes a lot less though it does freeze occasionally.
- we are apparently grouped with IOS players which can be interesting.
- the low loss 'glitch', 'feature' or whatever you want to call it appears to be available in this version as well which makes me think it's a problem on the server side.
- some terms we are familiar with on the IOS side are different, praise = valour, basically more of a port from CC.

I've only tried this on our phone since it doesn't seem to be available for my stock Playbook. I find everything a bit slow compared to our IOS devices and the screen is not as sharp as the retina displayers but I guess the bright side is if you want another LLP then this might be a way of doing it.

I was wondering if some folks would like to try some sort of tournament of LLP's. Basically the 'rules' would be no gold units or buildings, just what you can do for free within the game and maybe limit the number of allies you can have. That way it is all up strategy without the boosts.

Buggs1a
07-30-2012, 05:03 PM
May I please have a pm? This can help to identify some stuff I'm testing. Please.