PDA

View Full Version : Need advice

boardgames rule
07-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Oka so I am UK and I am wondering do I need to upgrade my other unit buildings? Should I just upgrade my sea stuff and have only sea army. Could a UK player convince me that there is good units for other nations even if u are uk. Thanks

bigflan
07-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Upgrade you airfield it's the best building to upgrade at your level mine is Lv 10 and the Lv 9 and 10 units are amazing and good investments

Poopenshire
07-20-2012, 11:48 AM
I am UK and I am upgrading every Unit Building. I am farming Brigand Lightnings and at 99-80 stats its good to get my air hanger upgraded. that would make it a 118 - 96. plus add my level 10 composits its now a 118- 112 unit. Cannot argue with those numbers. I have 46 of them now.

Miner
07-20-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm UK. I think you'll get bored with an all sea army.

bigflan
07-20-2012, 11:49 AM
I am UK and I am upgrading every Unit Building. I am farming Brigand Lightnings and at 99-80 stats its good to get my air hanger upgraded. that would make it a 118 - 96. plus add my level 10 composits its now a 118- 112 unit. Cannot argue with those numbers. I have 46 of them now.Poopenshire is incorrect

Please check your numbers

Air hangar is attack only

Composite defense only

Crazy Canuck
07-20-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm UK and I buy lots of other units. Mainly cause ships cost alot more buy so till I get a good enough base army thats strong enough to work with I won't be dumping 2 much cash into the expensive ships.

MadManDK
07-20-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm playing UK and upgrading my other boost buildings, mainly due to the fact that I have multiple infantry, ground and air units (from events and crates) with very high stats and they will always be part of my army. I'm still trying to build a majority sea army, as I have the aditional 10% on sea as a UK player, but with the boost buildings done on other units, the strong against attributes of other units and the different strengths on attack and defense, I'm upgrading all of them. Infantry has some good cheap meet shields with good attack numbers, air has some nice high defense only numbers (Stealth Surv. Drone) and some very high attack numbers (Stealth Bombers), which are cheaper thant the sea unit.

Bronson
07-20-2012, 11:54 AM
Poopenshire is incorrect

Please check your numbers

Air hangar is attack only

Composite defense only

Poops is correct boost buildings add to both attack and defense, check your stats the next time you upgrade one.

Bronson
07-20-2012, 11:56 AM
I was doing all sea but I am starting my upgrade towards stealth bombers as you really can't argue with those attack stats.

Selfproclaimed
07-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Air hangar is NOT attack only. It boost both air attack and air defense... Anyways boardgames.. There's nothing wrong in building a solid defense with uk. Uk has the best defense units. But if your in the need to increase your attack, then upgrade your airfield / advanced airbase. B52s and stealth bombers. Good bang for the buck. I'm upgrading my advanced now to get the stealth bomber

Bronson
07-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Air hangar is NOT attack only. It boost both air attack and air defense... Anyways boardgames.. There's nothing wrong in building a solid defense with uk. Uk has the best defense units. But if your in the need to increase your attack, then upgrade your airfield / advanced airbase. B52s and stealth bombers. Good bang for the buck. I'm upgrading my advanced now to get the stealth bomber

We must think very similar as I just wrote all that as well lol

Cnee3
Does upgrading the infirmary really help? I've upgraded mine and still see little difference in my loses, can't believe it matters.

ucantwin1
When the Player Vs. Player tournament was happening I remember running into Stephen2 (sp?) and he was using an almost all sea force with the majority of his units being the prototype gunboat, had the upgraded sea boost building and flying the union jack for the sea boost. So yessss it can be done -he came in 2nd and 3rd I believe.....

Big John
07-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Never heard of a sea army, LOL.

boardgames rule
07-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Well is it worth it to upgrade my airfield or should i just upgrade my avanced air base.

bigflan
07-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Well is it worth it to upgrade my airfield or should i just upgrade my avanced air base.Urgrade your airfield

Thief
07-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Well is it worth it to upgrade my airfield or should i just upgrade my avanced air base.

Depends on your objective. I'm upgrading my Airfield to Level 9 for SSD's as they are the cheapest Defense money can buy with 30 and i won't take them into battle. Then i'll end up upgrading to 10 for the Cheapest offense Money can buy. It's not for my end game like some people play but it's for my mid game to stay alfoat.

Tctiger
07-20-2012, 01:49 PM
If you are mainly using sea units now then it makes sence to upgrade sea boost first, you will want all available boost eventually but I would do sea boost first.

Hassleham
07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm UK too.

My defence is shared between ambulances and sea scouts and recently i have begun adding Stealth surveillance drones and mine launchers to my army. All my valor units are either air or sea based and it seams that the majority of my indestructible's from events are either sea or air based. Therefor in my case it is definitely worth having a decent air and sea boost. I am planning to take my air hangar from level 5 to level 10 very soon, and also go from 360k to 400k income. After my composite factory reaches level 10 i will need to decide which of those jobs to do first.

Tctiger
07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
That is out of boost buildings , I look what units I want which will give best value including your uk boost , sometimes a sea unit is best but an air unit or ground can be better value even with the uk boost.

Poopenshire
07-20-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm UK too.

My defence is shared between ambulances and sea scouts and recently i have begun adding Stealth surveillance drones and mine launchers to my army. All my valor units are either air or sea based and it seams that the majority of my indestructible's from events are either sea or air based. Therefor in my case it is definitely worth having a decent air and sea boost. I am planning to take my air hangar from level 5 to level 10 very soon, and also go from 360k to 400k income. After my composite factory reaches level 10 i will need to decide which of those jobs to do first.

Mine will be done Sunday. I will be moving to my Naval Research to complete that then my Air hanger to complete that.

SeqWins
07-20-2012, 02:09 PM
Hey you you UK guys..what do you use for attack? I recently started adding scouts and I'm near my max for my allies but I need a unit good on attack...please list the unit and level unlocked..I don't have the memory you guys do..some of you guys are (RE)diculous with your unit knowledge lol

Hassleham
07-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Mine will be done Sunday. I will be moving to my Naval Research to complete that then my Air hanger to complete that.

I have 4 more levels to go on my comp >.<
It's so bad that my income has been the same for so long though :(

And Seq i just unlocked the unit requiring level 3 advanced airbase, (forgot the name) it's medium casualty rate but i'm gonna test it out for a bit and see how it does. I also have quite a few amphibious hovercraft which help to bulk up a bit.

boardgames rule
07-20-2012, 02:37 PM
I have 5 levels on my comp factory. Right now for attack i am getting hovercrafts and some crusiers. Once i get my airfeild upgraded i will get some of the comochoes. Side note just finished boss 6 and so far i have got 4 of the common air unit and 2 rares of the high att sea unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SeqWins
07-20-2012, 02:38 PM
I have 5 levels on my comp factory. Right now for attack i am getting hovercrafts and some crusiers. Once i get my airfeild upgraded i will get some of the comochoes. Side note just finished boss 6 and so far i have got 4 of the common air unit and 2 rares of the high att sea unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you asked me something in the game about a week ago I was training in the field, but I just hit 508k IPH this morning working on my Composites a bit now.

Arizona
07-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Oka so I am UK and I am wondering do I need to upgrade my other unit buildings? Should I just upgrade my sea stuff and have only sea army. Could a UK player convince me that there is good units for other nations even if u are uk. Thanks
Hey BGR, Yep you do need to upgrade your other unit buildings. If you don't have gold units, then you'll want the best cash units you can, and event indestructibles. So far the best cash units are the Stealth Bomber for attack and the Aircraft Carrier for defence.
My choice would be to upgrade the Airfield to 10, Advanced Airfield to 8 and Dry Docks to whatever unlocks the AC.
The Airfield and Adv Airfield will allow you to bring the best bang for yer buck units to battle, the B52 and Stealth Bomber, and get you SS Drones for defence; the best value for money defensive unit. The Dry Docks will get you the AC for the best defence. Upgrading all your boost buildings should be on your list of things to get done. L10 boosts will add huge numbers to your attack and defence. In the meantime, you might want to lean toward "Strong Against" type units in your army.
I'm looking at only Air and Sea units for most of my force, but there's all types of combinations you can try. It's really up to you. I play Russia, but listen to UK players for advice too.

Hassleham
07-20-2012, 03:18 PM
I had loads of cruisers and they died ridiculously quick and pissed me off so i don't buy them any more.
Only my way to level 9 air field i bought a load of spectre gun ships, pavelows and comanche helis and they've all been really good so far, not many deaths.

You're insanely lucky boardgames, i've had 6 commons so far -.-

Poopenshire
07-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I am relying on the Expert Attack Drones for Attack. I have the Assualt bear. I am staying UK as I am buying Carriers now for defense, I am past all the other units already to effect defense, due to have 500 EADs. I am trying to buy 1 to 2 carriers a day now just to increase my defense stat. My lowest defense unit is currently the Stealth Frigate as a boosted rate of 24.5. The Steal Surveilance drones are ok, but they won't last long if I keep buying EADs. I have to buy Carriers to have an effect.
My Loot are also becoming my Attack force, specifically the Brigand lightnings i mentioned earlier. I am not farming them too much but enough they will add to my attack.

SeqWins
07-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Poop how do Stealh Frigates do for you? DO they die a lot? Is it worth to spend my valor on those? I have over 20k Valor.

Hassleham
07-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Poop how do Stealh Frigates do for you? DO they die a lot? Is it worth to spend my valor on those? I have over 20k Valor.

Don't do it, i bought 100 a few months ago and i now have 38. Best to spread the numbers out i think.

Arizona
07-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Save your valor for the better ranked units. At the moment there's a limited supply of valor, so use it wisely.

SeqWins
07-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Save your valor for the better ranked units. At the moment there's a limited supply of valor, so use it wisely.

Noted, Roger Tango

Poopenshire
07-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Noted, Roger Tango

Yeah save your valor. Its a shame they are my defense now, but I hope to removed them from that task soon. In terms of offense they do give me a good boost since I am UK and upgrading my buildings. I have not bought any in a long time and I don't lose them that often. I am thinking of just letting them die off and not replacing them anymore. I have never lost a STealth Frigate in defense.

Dreno33
07-20-2012, 04:17 PM
this is an informative thread (: will have to dip my nose into it later on to remind myself of some things

Tctiger
07-20-2012, 05:16 PM
I am uk with 250 sea scouts 250 stealth frigates and 100 mine launchers which I am taking up to 250 ,also have 100 super hornets and 90 attack drones with assault bear boost , will try to bank all valor soon but the valor units I have really boost my stats. I am looking at ground units for attack now. Level 10 comp factory so every unit I buy gets 20% extra defence . Plan to get sea unit boost up to 10 in between upgrades. I have a lot of all types of units as shields which a lot up to commando price I have in 100 to try and protect higher units , if you pick up a boost unit it may make you look air or ground units more .

Poopenshire
07-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Since i got the assault bear i picket up 500 expert attack drones. they right now are the bulk of my attack. Sea units will be my defense and back up/meat shield for attack. that assault bear really changed my strategy. It will be my attack and it won't affect my defense hence i can stay UK and the benefit of effectively having 2 countries.

Jp lfs
07-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Balance, balance, balance...

No matter what your level or ally #, I believe that balance is important. (Meaning units from all 4 types.)

I'm Russia, so I go heavier on air, but still buy lots of sea units for defense, and use my valor on all 4 types. The HM's and EAD's aren't bad.

There is some evidence to show that if you go too heavy on a single unit class, or worse yet, one specific unit, the game will target them to bring those numbers down. Too many valor units, same problem. Therefore...

Balance, balance, balance... (And if you can work in some very low casualty units and/or Strong Against, it will help you, too. IMO)

Giedrybe
07-21-2012, 02:32 AM
Seq, you are around level 35 - how have you collected 20k valor? Maybe I don't know something where to get the valor, but collecting it costs XP increase, so how you manage to stay on 35?

SeqWins
07-21-2012, 04:57 AM
I don't have a single valor unit in my inventory so #1 I have been saving it all and in all reality it's a bit more like 18k and some odd numbers I just rounded it off to 20, btw areas allies? How do you know my LVL?

Giedrybe
07-21-2012, 05:48 AM
Seq, I am your level. Just leveled up during current boss event to 36. And I don't need any love tap, but yes, I would gladly be allies - same applies to all active forum members :)

I will try to calculate how much I would have valor if I hadn't spent some of it. I lost only few units, so I can approx estimate my maximum.

Question to you or other members - what is the best getting valor per xp strategy? Raiding non-money buildings? PVE missions? These seem to accumulate tons of XP, thus I stopped doing them, only for getting some crates to make game more lively.

SeqWins
07-21-2012, 05:53 AM
Gie! Did you join the forum because I sent you a message? Everytime I attack somebody I make sure to drop the link to the forum and that's a definite yes on allies brother send me your code.

Giedrybe
07-21-2012, 06:14 AM
You did attacked me once and left me a message, but not link to the forum. You saw in my inventory warlord tank and asked how I am proceeding with current event, which was googles I believe.

Check your inbox, I already send you my id, even before your response :)

boardgames rule
07-21-2012, 08:50 AM
Hue you can add me as well 827432930

boardgames rule
07-21-2012, 05:13 PM
So what i will do is upgrade my air field to level 10 to buy SS drones and b52s. I will also buy mine launchers(strong against sea) and Cruisers/ hovercrafts. I will work on my income first until it gets to 300k then i will upgrade my airfield. MY final question is should i upgrade my ground troop buildings? Or are they just not worth it.

Poopenshire
07-21-2012, 05:16 PM
I think casualty rates are too high for infantry. Ground forces are worth it if you already have a boost as Germany or the assault bear. Eventually you should have upgraded.

bigflan
07-21-2012, 05:19 PM
I took a look at your base boardgames and I see your income is higher than mine BUT at your level I had 30 mine launchers so I suggest getting those

boardgames rule
07-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Well i am UK and dont have the bear. I was thinking of having the infantry as meat shields until my lowest attack is over 21 then i was going to move to ground but some of the ground is quite expensive for meat shields. What do you recommend for meat shields? I am a free player but have comp factory and 2 geo thermals.

bigflan
07-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Well i am UK and dont have the bear. I was thinking of having the infantry as meat shields until my lowest attack is over 21 then i was going to move to ground but some of the ground is quite expensive for meat shields. What do you recommend for meat shields? I am a free player but have comp factory and 2 geo thermals.I just unlocked the demolitions and they are meat shields but expensive one so I would use the commando instead

Poopenshire
07-21-2012, 05:31 PM
At some point you no longer will have meat shields. right now if loose units its over 250k for my lowest on attack. my lowest defense is stealth frigates. At this point its pick what ever and i am going for as many low casualty as possible.

boardgames rule
07-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Well right now i am camping but i was thinking that hovercrafts + commandos will be in my army for a while. But i am just building up my army.

Jp lfs
07-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Just an informational point, not advice-

You will need your Infantry Unit Buildings upgraded in order to run some of the upper level missions, if you plan to do any loot farming. So not necessarily a huge pressure to do it soon, but as you approach Level 100, something to consider.

In the meantime, the other unit types will be much more useful to you.

boardgames rule
07-22-2012, 05:19 AM
What other types?

boardgames rule
07-22-2012, 09:07 AM
I have a question are battleships any good?

Poopenshire
07-22-2012, 09:37 AM
I have heard they are really low casualty rates. Price wise and stat wise they are just below carriers. If your goal is them for defense you night as well just go for the carriers. If you want them for offense i would say they are a late game meat shield or mid force unit.

boardgames rule
07-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Okay and thanks for all the help. I will start buying cruisers, hovercrafts, along with b52s for attack. Mine launchers and SS drones for defense. And commandos for meat shields.

Tctiger
07-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Commando for meat shields your not that high up stat wise are you ? Not sure about that I got 100 mainly to boost attack for boss cheap but they die quick and often I was happier with snipers for meat shields now I have 100 commandos they are going instead of my snipers 10k v 85k making raiding unprofitable so may let my commandos drop out , I would consider using snipers instead.

boardgames rule
07-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Well i am camping and only attacking when there is a good target.

Jp lfs
07-22-2012, 06:06 PM
Okay and thanks for all the help. I will start buying cruisers, hovercrafts, along with b52s for attack. Mine launchers and SS drones for defense. And commandos for meat shields.

I am loving my SS Drones. Approaching 200 of those. And your B52's will keep your Aircraft Carriers on the Defensive army ESPECIALLY if you are splitting your troops into A & D armies. (Thanks Bronson.) Hovercrafts are ok for a midrange unit, but they will not make your attack or defensive army long term, so that money may be better spent elsewhere. Your call.

As far as meatshields go... I depart from the pack on this topic, so I won't muddy the waters by starting a debate. But I would just go so far as to say this- don't buy too many units PLANNING to watch them die. That seems a little silly to me, and always has.

It is always a good idea to consider short-term stat increases, mid-range longevity, and long-term goals. I have Millions of dollars in units that never go to battle, but not necessarily regrets for buying them at the time. At the same time, my LLP is fighting opponents using Viper Fighter Jets against rivals using Jungle Stalkers, which is really just ridiculous overkill. So don't overthink it too much. Have some fun. It sounds like you are on the right track.

And in case I didn't throw a shout out to Mine Launchers, they are another great defensive unit. I have phased them out now, as I have outgrown them, but I am truly sad to see them go...

bigflan
07-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Hey JP Thats false you fought the bigflan who destroyed you