PDA

View Full Version : How many active players in KA?

Intrance
07-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Wondering if anyone can give an estimate.

Joie
07-19-2012, 11:08 AM
No they will not answer that question

Intrance
07-19-2012, 11:17 AM
By "they" u mean funzio/gree? I guess it's business secret?

The_Red
07-19-2012, 11:24 AM
You won't get an answer, but that doesn't stop people from guessing.

My guess: 5 figures worth of very active users. 6 figures worth of people in low levels just "messing with it."

Its got 10k reviews on iTunes to put it in perspective.

Hapl0
07-19-2012, 11:33 AM
Not all used to review an app.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-19-2012, 12:01 PM
117,815....give or take a few.

88,726 active/almost daily

...........just wild guesses

DoubleBarrelMob
07-19-2012, 12:47 PM
And the number gets lower every day...

BrodawgCanada
07-19-2012, 01:11 PM
And the number gets lower every day...GuarNteed!!! All I hear is negative in the forums lately, not too much positive...... And this new auction style evmet is only king gree happy!!! If everybody only collected one item the top 250 ayers at the higher level will win, and gree will get nothing!!! That would make a statement!!!

spectra
07-19-2012, 01:13 PM
GuarNteed!!! All I hear is negative in the forums lately, not too much positive...... And this new auction style evmet is only king gree happy!!! If everybody only collected one item the top 250 ayers at the higher level will win, and gree will get nothing!!! That would make a statement!!!

Funny would be ALL players get only 1 item, then we all tie for 1st place, lol

by GREE would robably get they employees that have accounts to "get" more items, so we all get caught in the tramp and start a bidding war again

Dewsy
07-19-2012, 02:03 PM
I actually don't think the number will be reducing.. I know there are a lot of negative comments on these forums but the players on the forum tend to be a lot more serious about the game and probably notice a lot more things. I still think that for the average casual gamer KA is still appealing.

The_Red
07-19-2012, 02:14 PM
by GREE would robably get they employees that have accounts to "get" more items, so we all get caught in the tramp and start a bidding war again

This is a multi Billion dollar company - not some bush league operation.

I actually don't think the number will be reducing.. I know there are a lot of negative comments on these forums but the players on the forum tend to be a lot more serious about the game and probably notice a lot more things. I still think that for the average casual gamer KA is still appealing.

People on forums tend to complain more than average on any number of forums (hobbies, yelp, here, political forums, business feeds, etc).... I wouldn't expect sentiment here to equate to overall sentiment from the game. In addition, negative views can be somewhat catching and mob mentality (for lack of better words).

On that note, most of us on here like the game - otherwise we'd quit posting and quit playing. (or flame out like some on the message board "F-IT, Im gone" threads.

GetItOn
07-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Facebook shows Kingdom Age with 60,000+ monthly users.. So how helpful that is to iOS.. hmm <shrug>

Joie
07-20-2012, 06:01 AM
Highly doubt spectra was serious red. Gree is also a company who's stock is 50% off of its year high which is one reason I suspect the events in their games keeps getting pumped out. They need to show a increased revenue stream for shareholders to stave of the worries from the investigation

Ryosaeba
07-21-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm semi active. Honestly, I really don't see ANY reason to spend money for this game. Think about it, it isn't really for something special. You are increasing your Attack/Defense numbers, which you can do by using gold and purchasing regular units.

Indeed the last few events have given you something special (upgrade 2 building, 40% more honor pts) but so what... it's still something you can get with time. I really don't see the challenge. I can hide my gold in my vault and I wouldn't care if anyone attacks me. I rarely get attack because I'm pretty much the top 1% in defense at my level. And of course, anyone who pays the most will get the "prize" on these events. So us "poor" folks will lose for sure. The excitement is surely gone. I get more excited by NOT paying and win the 5 or 10 level prize cuz that actually took some effort.

But that's just me. I've never paid for any "upgrades" for any game and I never will because it's only a game. Eventually it will end and you will have nothing to show for when it does. Unless you're filthy rich but why would someone filthy rich play these kind of games? Play WoW or D3 or something...

The_Red
07-21-2012, 09:56 AM
Unless you're filthy rich but why would someone filthy rich play these kind of games? Play WoW or D3 or something...

Because they are fun. Rich people aren't a whole lot different than the rest of us. They participate on forums, play games, goto concerts, read books, goto restaurants, etc. They're not off in some bubble sipping their tee and silver spooning their sugar.

GetItOn
07-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Because they are fun. Rich people aren't a whole lot different than the rest of us. They participate on forums, play games, goto concerts, read books, goto restaurants, etc. They're not off in some bubble sipping their tee and silver spooning their sugar.

Phhfff. A rich person doesn't handle their own phone. Their man servants play the game for them.

Talkazar
07-21-2012, 06:17 PM
I found this a little while ago while looking for what Brodawg was talking about re rankings.

http://www.appdata.com/ios_apps/apps/4405241-kingdom-age

While the graphs simply show rankings, they do suggest that while revenue is holding up (especially during auctions (sigh)) activity is sliding quite significantly.