PDA

View Full Version : Boss Loot Map Sheet

Maverick50727
07-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Link:
"Boss Loot Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiSsos_vax1hdEhwS2FEWmtOMnZQcGFvcy05SDRSL Xc)" – by Maverick

About/History:
I originally started this back on 5/20 put it together by feedback from experience, forum threads, In-game Rival/Allies and forum PM.
5/23 I figured out how to read the plst files via the URL link and on 5/30 deciphered the boss file creating the basic sheet you see. Each map except the 1st has a boss and each boss has 3 loot drops with a certain drop rate (Common -60%, Uncommon-30%, Rare-10%).

I confirmed with Khimsoo that he determined the same relationship in the data files and provided my sheet to him. He already confirmed to me that boss loot information will be included in a future upgrade of his toolkit also. If you haven’t checked out his Toolkit, I strongly encourage you to do so, as it is a great tool for economy planning.
"Toolkit for Modern War (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36750-Toolkit-for-Modern-War)" – by Khimsoo

Updates/Corrections:
The only information gaps that I have are for the qty of the Required Unit 1 or 2. (Columns M and O) I highlighted all the Qty in Yellow that need to still be confirmed. The <# values are the number of units I had in my inventory at the time I went to verify and was over the required minimum already (I just know it is less than this #). If anyone has not yet met the minimum Required Qty count for these mission, please PM me the exact number required and I’ll update the sheet.

Special thanks to members Jp lfs and Romaro for helping fill in a number of the Qty gaps already.

Maverick50727
07-19-2012, 10:59 AM
How to Use:
Best used as a local download in excel as it will allow you to filter, sort, autosum, edit, etc. It can be used as just a Boss Loot Map and/or a for Income planning as explained below.

Boss Loot Map
I know the format is a little confusing to some. Each boss (except Insurgent Camp which has no boss) is listed as 3 rows in the sheet with the loot specified in columns S-Y. Information included for use is Energy, Experience, Required Units, Payouts (based on L1 Map completion), etc. The boss loot information is pretty self-explanatory. If you ever mess up the order of rows, the default sort order is:
1.) Map # (Smallest to Largest)
2.) Sub Map (A to Z)
3.) Drop Rate (Largest to Smallest)

Boss Staging/Income Planning
This sheet can be used for a secondary purpose of planning or staging boss missions. This can be used to plan income that can be earned quickly off staged bosses in order to get larger purchases and upgrades like the Nano’s (how I got mine). I have 3 columns specific to support this feature Col A – Staged (Values: Y, N, In Progress), Col I – Staged Clicks, Col K - Requirement (Y, N). I use only the row for the .6 drop rate so to customize for yourself do this:

1.) Column A – Staged: Filter to Remove N/A and use this to track a boss fully staged to -1 click from completion
2.) Column I –Staged Clicks – Update to keep track of how many clicks you have done on the boss already. Once I got to -1 from the required I put a Y in Col A
3.) Column K – You can use to track if you have unlocked the required unit an qty yet (not really required, but useful in planning)

Once you have a number of bosses stage and documented, you can use excel to help plan the proper time to execute to get the most income in a few minutes. This is extremely helpful in the upper levels where you can’t afford to wait hours or days to get income without fear of being attacked and loosing it. You will be attacked in upper levels if you leave millions above your vault unless you have godlike stats to defend it!!! You might still may get attacked, but generating income in minutes this way decreases the odds and is far better than the tree method IMO to get nano’s at higher levels (I still have trees to sell in even of shortfall too)

Example to get a 20 mil upgrade/expansion:
1.) Have a 10 Mil vault maxed out
2.) Stage a number of bosses (for this example I will do all 4 in Central America)
3.) Filter by Col A – Staged for Y
4.) As a result Excel shows only those 4 rows staged, so then you can do some magic
5.) Col R has the average payout (low+hi)/2
6.) If you highlight/select those 4 cells you will see that excel at the bottom will give you the sum. This feature allows you to quickly see on average completing these 4 boss at one time will yield $13,445.500. Your Nano.
7.) Using the same excel feature of the auto sum when selecting cells you can get more advanced and look at Col G and H for required Energy and Experience gained. Hint: if you have many Bosses staged you can determine the best time to complete judging the energy/experience gained vs. experience required to level. If timed with level up and a complete refresh on your energy, you can complete another entire wave of bosses or missions staged. This should allow may free players to get those 30mil upgrades too. Timed quickly you can generate this large income in 5-10 minutes. But I would allow for some margin of error on the average. If you have 10 vaulted, show avg 9, you might find yourself not getting avg and coming in short. First time I tried for my nano I failed because avg I had 10, only got 8, had 3.5mil in trees to sell, but still couldn’t sell them fast enough as someone spotted me with 18 mil and the waves of attacks started. I just bought a large expansion and decided to try later when I knew I could get it for sure.

Buggs1a
07-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Huh? Name sounds good though.

Maverick50727
07-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Disclaimer/Apology on Slow Release:
I apologize for withholding this information for so long. Many of you know me as one that advertises a level playing field and information sharing. I actually suspected great loot drops for an even longer time before documenting since 4/14/12 (when member ShawnBB first reported the Venal Fighter 39/24 which had better stats than a Hornet). At that time I had quit doing most PVE missions as it was not cost effective. I used only units with the lowest consumption units period. I wouldn’t even units with high or medium rates unless they had a strong against bonus. Realizing there were possible better loot units in upper maps and I needed to stage bosses on the new high maps introduced for my future economy building upgrades, I started upgrading my unit buildings, so I could purchase the required units to complete PVE missions again. But I tried to do it is a strategic way, buying only the required units that were lower than my lowest attack/def units taken to battle. This ensured that I only required the amount of High and Medium units to complete the PVE, but not affect loss rates by including those in my PVP units. It took me a month to get caught up and test.

On 5/30 when I discovered the boss loot link in the data files I decided that it was for the best not to publish until I could verify drop rates. If people think I did it for personal gained, you are wrong. I have only got a single Silent Thunder as a rare drop from any boss to date (7/19) which I got prior to even finding the data link to map everything out. I feared that units this strong was a ticking timebomb and could be abused by high gold spenders (no offense) if they had higher drop rates than I thought to unfairly swing the balance of power. I still hadn’t confirmed that the drop rates were really .6, .3 and .1 as it took me weeks to stage and run through. At the same time (5/30) I started noticing people accumulating large quantities of riptide runners, siege tanks and wavebreakers. As a result I thought I had misunderstood the drop rate value in the data files and wished to validate. Investigating further I knew that each boss like I stated had 3 drops, but I found high end gold players had 100’s of wavebreakers (rare .10 drop) but not even a single tropical stalker or shadowhawk (the common .6 and uncommon .3 drop for the same boss). Since their lowest units to battle had higher stat that he common drops, it was impossible for them to have lost the common units as a loss in battle, thus this wasn’t possible unless they were hackers, had some unlimited energy glitch, or these units with such strong stats could be farmed elsewhere for far less energy (no idea why Funzio wouldn’t see that as a mistake). As most know my worst fear was realized why I was still testing and trying to make sense of the drop rates, these units could be farmed for a fraction of the energy they could be found outside of the boss, many people took advantage but kept the 3 locations secret until after it was “fixed” by devs. I found out the 3 locations after they were fixed, but that damage was already done in many cases with some people gaining as much as 200-300K in stats. This wasn’t isolated to high end gold players either, but I got reports of free players in lower lever going from 40K to 90K in stats in days, swinging the balance of power too quickly. To many it defeated the purpose of all strategy they used in the game. Some people even quit playing because of it I heard and I know a few though about it, but still were very unhappy with the quick shift it generated in the balance of power.

I decided to hold off publishing this info still until I did more tests. Also I had pneumonia for weeks and other conflicts, but have been meaning to publish this for a while now. I’m convinced now in my tests that the .6, .3, .1 drop rates are real. As a result the cost to farm these units won’t be as cost effective and probably won’t be abused by gold. If it is, more likely a unlimited energy glitch which I have never heard anyone confirm, just suspect it existed. A energy glitch could just be the interpretation of a rival using an unknown hack. I wouldn’t recommend any trying to farm the units from the boss, but just consider these units as a possible bonus to staging for money. While the stated chances are 10% drop, you might get one in less or more, but an average of a 10 % drop would require 118,000 Energy spent fro and Executive Chinook. Even a gold spender wouldn’t farm this, as a 1,000 energy reset costs 20. 20 X 118 =2360 gold for a unit which isn’t indestructible. So this information shouldn’t be able to be used swing the balance of power in any way.

Note these rare units still might be found outside of the boss, but I haven’t found a way map them out like the bosses. And any I have found are already documented in the forum or aren’t worth the energy for the stats gained IMO.

I hope this information helps people make informed decisions.

Poopenshire
07-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Reserved for comment on awesome information and amazing spreadsheet.

enahs1
07-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Yay, you finally released it to the public of the forum! It's awesome. Thanks so much

overkill 280
07-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Reserved for comment on awesome information and amazing spreadsheet.Agreed..Looks awesome!

bigflan
07-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Flab reserves this place for random trolling

Vertex
07-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Holy sh*t Mav! This is amazing! Thanks for posting it!

mxz
07-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Updates/Corrections:
The only information gaps that I have are for the qty of the Required Unit 1 or 2. (Columns M and O) I highlighted all the Qty in Yellow that need to still be confirmed. The <# values are the number of units I had in my inventory at the time I went to verify and was over the required minimum already (I just know it is less than this #). If anyone has not yet met the minimum Required Qty count for these mission, please PM me the exact number required and I’ll update the sheet.You can cross reference to job_req.plist for confirmation.

Miner
07-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Well done. I like it.

Big John
07-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Really helpful, thanks for sharing.

Maverick50727
07-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Yay, you finally released it to the public of the forum! It's awesome. Thanks so much
I tried to PM your earlier with it, but your inbox was full. Sorry it took so long.

Maverick50727
07-19-2012, 11:44 AM
You can cross reference to job_req.plist for confirmation.
Thanks. I haven't had time to go back and figure all the ties in the files. I emailed Khimsoo about this thread as he knew I would be posting it. I'm sure he would be interested in any links or ties between files you know of too. I told him I would be happy to work with him to share any information I had to assist him to further develop his Toolkit. Feel free to PM me and him if you have anything else to share here in relationships to all loot locations.

enahs1
07-19-2012, 11:57 AM
I tried to PM your earlier with it, but your inbox was full. Sorry it took so long.
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was full. Well, this is awesome. I now know what to hit at the trident map

Ryans67
07-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Great work. It really amazes me to see people with 100+ of some of those high map loot items, especially when I see the drop rates off your sheet.

Maverick50727
07-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was full. Well, this is awesome. I now know what to hit at the trident map

LOL you and your sea units. Too low stats for me to use. If you have cleaned up your inbox, I'll try to send you some stuff later for sea unit info when I dig it up out of my archive. I know I sent something to Bronson long ago.

Remember a unit like a Venal Fighter still will have better stats over it even with sea and UK boosts. There are much easier things higher value to farm if your have the maps and units unlocked. Everything I know about is already listed in the forum though. I have all maps unlocked, not all missions though as still need unit upgrades. I'm still slowly doing PVE maps to the first level and documenting any drops I find. Only on Western Europe\Government Area now in the Goals.

Fifth Reich
07-19-2012, 12:45 PM
reserved for me after I finish reading

Fl@sh
07-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Dude, thanks for holding out so long... All joking aside, this is amazing! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication!

Maverick50727
07-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Dude, thanks for holding out so long... All joking aside, this is amazing! Thanks for all your hard work and dedication!
Yes, sorry again. Been meaning too. But had some bigger fish to fry that made this a low priority for me. I can take the abuse. LOL. Much of the knowledge has been posted but never consolidated. I even hinted here and there in some of my posts a while back that good loot could be found in the upper maps.

It was my choice at first to withhold. I knew some people knew I had it and would beat me up for the dealys, so that was why I listed some of the history and reasons. It wasn't for personal gain but the greater good so it couldn't be abused. Let me know if you have any luck as a result though. My best luck has only been the Silent Thunder thus far from a boss. Happy hunting.

Lordsloss
07-19-2012, 01:32 PM
The drop rate of the Brigand Lighting is about 40% for me. Maybe higher. I got one four times in a row actually when my energy was replinshed. I have 22 now and will probably get a lot more soon.

Fl@sh
07-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes, sorry again. Been meaning too. But had some bigger fish to fry that made this a low priority for me. I can take the abuse. LOL. Much of the knowledge has been posted but never consolidated. I even hinted here and there in some of my posts a while back that good loot could be found in the upper maps.

It was my choice at first to withhold. I knew some people knew I had it and would beat me up for the dealys, so that was why I listed some of the history and reasons. It wasn't for personal gain but the greater good so it couldn't be abused. Let me know if you have any luck as a result though. My best luck has only been the Silent Thunder thus far from a boss. Happy hunting.

Thanks, I have only beaten the boss at Bom Bahia City once as I am trying to camp a little. I got the Venal Fighter, which lasted in my inventory longer than my one Modified Fighter, which was promptly lost within 12 hours of looting...

I am a HUGE fan of boss staging. It is how I got both my Nanotechs and I highly recommend that to any player looking to do costly upgrades or purchases. I have my own little cheat sheet that tells me exactly which bosses I can hit and the amount of experience I would gain. Depending on how much money I need, I will plan around level ups to maximize my gain. This spreadsheet may cause that to go in the trash though.

enahs1
07-19-2012, 01:47 PM
LOL you and your sea units. Too low stats for me to use. If you have cleaned up your inbox, I'll try to send you some stuff later for sea unit info when I dig it up out of my archive. I know I sent something to Bronson long ago.

Remember a unit like a Venal Fighter still will have better stats over it even with sea and UK boosts. There are much easier things higher value to farm if your have the maps and units unlocked. Everything I know about is already listed in the forum though. I have all maps unlocked, not all missions though as still need unit upgrades. I'm still slowly doing PVE maps to the first level and documenting any drops I find. Only on Western Europe\Government Area now in the Goals.
I can't get venal fighters. I haven't unlocked that map yet

Tate
07-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for posting Mav! This will be a huge help with my planning

MadManDK
07-19-2012, 01:49 PM
This is awsome, thank you for sharing.

Dirty Doug
07-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Great list, thanks for sharing and all your work putting it together. I can't wait til I get to the upper levels to try my luck.

Q Raider
07-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Interesting to note that some of those boss loots do still appear in different locations.

The Brigand Lightning, Silent Thunder and Aerospace Ospreys being three examples.

I am certain the modified fighter does as well as seeing some people adding these into their inventory at a far higher rate than the boss hits would give (ie: their experience does not increase sufficient to have hit the respective boss 3 times and they have 5 or 6 additional units). However the group of players are keeping the info close to their chest.

Mad
07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Can someone answer a question for me about the consumption rate. Does that number represent how easily the unit can be lost? And two if that is the case, is it better to have a low number or high number in the consumption rate. And could someone explain how the consumption rate works.

siL
07-19-2012, 11:00 PM
could I ask what is your energy number nowdays?? I could see that farming loot units from pve could provide you with great strength, but to kill one of those bosses, we would require 3k++ of energy??
Right now I am 1,110 (so I could hit the railgun 3 times in a row), should I increase it??

Q Raider
07-19-2012, 11:12 PM
I've had mine at 1500 energy for a while. Was going to put it a bit higher but at level 123 got nailed by a few sharks so had to focus on defence for a bit.

Anyway eight hours away from the game and you come back to a full bar of energy, not really a lot of point putting it higher unless you can only get to your game twice a day.

I've just been dropping the occasional one on the bosses here and there usually to grab a box during the events if I have opened the previous one. Try very hard not to stock them up now as my open rate is way higher when have less than three as distinct from having many more.

Outside of the events I focus on the PVE which provides the best average cash drop in combination with a decent loot drop. Without the 30% bonus I am looking at getting around 2Mil a day from PVE, with it that goes to 2.6Mil. Add in that my stats are currently around 3K higher from 34 loot items from those locations and I believe it is well worth doing.

Maverick50727
07-20-2012, 04:47 AM
could I ask what is your energy number nowdays?? I could see that farming loot units from pve could provide you with great strength, but to kill one of those bosses, we would require 3k++ of energy??
Right now I am 1,110 (so I could hit the railgun 3 times in a row), should I increase it??
I'm 1,700 Energy and US so no boost to energy, but that is good for me for now. Future maps could take far more energy though. The only constant is change though, so I'll have to see if I bump it up more. Takes too long to replenish now. All my skill points are going in either attack or def at this point.

Selfproclaimed
10-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I tried sending you a pm Mav but its full. But can you send me a copy of the map boos loot

Corsair
10-08-2012, 07:18 PM
There's a link in the first post...and in the FAQ...

Crime City Mark
10-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Thread necro is bad.