PDA

View Full Version : Kitting Out Your Allies

echus14
07-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Just wondered what the best strategy is here (before you reach the stratospheric regions when you can afford to start buying the very best in armour, weapons and fashion for them).

For example:-
Do you just buy the cheapest stuff available?
Do you just buy the cheapest stuff with a slant towards its primary purpose only (eg, the leather armour with 0 attack and 3 defence) or something more balanced in A/D specs?

GetItOn
07-18-2012, 08:54 PM
IMO, it's best to get lopsided A/D equipment. Like for D get the 3a/12d armor. For A get the 14a/4d weapon. If you buy balanced units/equip you'll always be outmatched cuz you'll have middle of the road stats.

Hello Kitty
07-18-2012, 09:18 PM
I always buy the most expensive versus the cheapest knowing that whether it is a unit, armor, or weapon, it may eventually be replaced. So given that, the most expensive hangs on to inventory longer for its purpose and value.

I lopside on defense because we have no boost for it. We are depending on raw stats for our defense.

Krug
07-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Farm the maps. Even some of the lower level maps have better gear than what you can purchase.

echus14
07-18-2012, 10:40 PM
I always buy the most expensive versus the cheapest knowing that whether it is a unit, armor, or weapon, it may eventually be replaced. So given that, the most expensive hangs on to inventory longer for its purpose and value.

I lopside on defense because we have no boost for it. We are depending on raw stats for our defense.

OK, let me give this a go ... though I think its going to burn a hole in my (virtual) pocket. Some of the stuff in the store is really expensive.

GetItOn
07-18-2012, 11:44 PM
I agree with Krug. I'm mastering maps now (rather than later when items are totally useless) and while the average drop only adds 2-3 pts on Attk or Def, it's free and I get gold from the mobs.

Hello Kitty
07-19-2012, 06:42 AM
OK, let me give this a go ... though I think its going to burn a hole in my (virtual) pocket. Some of the stuff in the store is really expensive.I agree with that and Krug, it's just slower to build up inventory with PvE, but definitely the loot drops items much better than the store.

Joie
07-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Only armor or weapons I have bought were the items I was forced to buy to finish a quest. I lays preferred the farming method and saving my money for upgrades and such

The_Red
07-19-2012, 07:22 AM
I farmed the maps, but did go through and purchased a few hundred of the 2/2 armor and weapons, since they were only ~200 each. Its tough to farm a thousand weapons and armor when you're getting into the 300+ allies. Since then, I haven't really purchased any, but there are some people who are considering the investments in the 15k armor/weapons since they (in some ways) are kinda like indestructible units. Again, you can't farm 1000+ 18/? weapons.

Hello Kitty
07-19-2012, 10:27 AM
I farmed the maps, but did go through and purchased a few hundred of the 2/2 armor and weapons, since they were only ~200 each. Its tough to farm a thousand weapons and armor when you're getting into the 300+ allies. Since then, I haven't really purchased any, but there are some people who are considering the investments in the 15k armor/weapons since they (in some ways) are kinda like indestructible units. Again, you can't farm 1000+ 18/? weapons.I've been incrementally buying the armor and weapons. It's very pricy, but I'm looking at it like you said, they are indestructables.

Masterjojobinks
07-19-2012, 12:27 PM
i know it makes sense to buy low attack and high defense valued armor. But keep in mind when you are attacking, armor is used as well. So you also want to a high attack value for armor. This means you may buy high attack and low defense just to boost your attack value.

Timbathia
07-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Only armor or weapons I have bought were the items I was forced to buy to finish a quest. I lays preferred the farming method and saving my money for upgrades and such

Same here, though I did buy about 60 really cheap armor early on to hold me over. All that got replaced while mastering the temple of abaad to level 5. I think that may be one of the best maps for armor drops once you get enough strength to one-hit the bandits, cultists and scorpions. It is only a+d of about 5 to 10, but I have around 100 pieces or armor from that level and the sand scorpion at the end is decent.

Hobtuse
07-19-2012, 02:14 PM
i know it makes sense to buy low attack and high defense valued armor. But keep in mind when you are attacking, armor is used as well. So you also want to a high attack value for armor. This means you may buy high attack and low defense just to boost your attack value.

If you are purchasing from the store, only high defense stuff should be considered.

You always want your defense to be high since if it's low, you are basically meat for everyone. If your attack isn't high, you simply just forfeit your attacks on some kingdoms. But if your defense is low, you are in for a pounding.

Farming is still necessary but equipment purchases does help as the x/2x armors don't drop that often anymore.

Been at Dwarven Mine for some time and farmed crap..

Masterjojobinks
07-19-2012, 02:18 PM
If you are purchasing from the store, only high defense stuff should be considered.

You always want your defense to be high since if it's low, you are basically meat for everyone. If your attack isn't high, you simply just forfeit your attacks on some kingdoms. But if your defense is low, you are in for a pounding.

Farming is still necessary but equipment purchases does help as the x/2x armors don't drop that often anymore.

I do agree, defense is first and for most. But if it is maxed then might as well work on attack and it will require you to buy armor with a high attack rating.

The_Red
07-19-2012, 02:22 PM

You need some form of fertilizer to ensure things grow. ;)

Hobtuse
07-19-2012, 02:37 PM
I do agree, defense is first and for most. But if it is maxed then might as well work on attack and it will require you to buy armor with a high attack rating.

to max defense, that would mean at least 500 pieces of x/2x armor (from loot + store). if you can max out defense, i don't think you would need to buy armor with a high attack rating at all.

Masterjojobinks
07-19-2012, 02:44 PM
to max defense, that would mean at least 500 pieces of x/2x armor (from loot + store). if you can max out defense, i don't think you would need to buy armor with a high attack rating at all.

Only if you want the best attack and defense possible, I would need 345 pieces. I figured my best defense right now is just over 20K and best attack is just over 18K. But that is a dream as it would cost over $22 million to abtain that.

Hello Kitty
07-19-2012, 06:28 PM
to max defense, that would mean at least 500 pieces of x/2x armor (from loot + store). if you can max out defense, i don't think you would need to buy armor with a high attack rating at all.I agree with you. I've been stocking up on Hawslayer Leather 10/25. At 41 so far. I'd like to outfit all the members of my army with this gear and have the rest fitted with excellent loot drop. Still stinky they didn't give us a defense boost building! Unit buildings only boost Attack.

Hobtuse
07-19-2012, 06:36 PM
I agree with you. I've been stocking up on Hawslayer Leather 10/25. At 41 so far. I'd like to outfit all the members of my army with this gear and have the rest fitted with excellent loot drop. Still stinky they didn't give us a defense boost building! Unit buildings only boost Attack.

! Haha I'm planning to do the same. I think it's hard to outfit the entire army but this armor at least covers a lot by giving 25 armor. I got the idea actually from ShawnBB - have to credit him with the idea.

I don't intend to get in High Priests so I want some way to work on my defense.. the 10/25 armor is like a gem unit.

Hello Kitty
07-19-2012, 06:40 PM
! Haha I'm planning to do the same. I think it's hard to outfit the entire army but this armor at least covers a lot by giving 25 armor. I got the idea actually from ShawnBB - have to credit him with the idea.

I don't intend to get in High Priests so I want some way to work on my defense.. the 10/25 armor is like a gem unit.Why no High Priests?

Hobtuse
07-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Why no High Priests?
I didn't like the Magic units and so made the conscious decision of going Infantry and Beasts. Going to level 7 on the Wizard's Spire just for the HP meant that I had to also build an army to accommodate the HP since you don't want them going into attack.

Also thought I had the Mammoths to rely on. But as you know. Haha.

GetItOn
07-19-2012, 07:23 PM
I agree with you. I've been stocking up on Hawslayer Leather 10/25. At 41 so far. I'd like to outfit all the members of my army with this gear and have the rest fitted with excellent loot drop. Still stinky they didn't give us a defense boost building! Unit buildings only boost Attack.

Unit boosts affect Attk and Defense, as it raises both stats on all units in that class. My first magical boost upgrade netted me almost 300 more defense with at the time only around 270 HPs. And then every time u add more units it stacks. I'm actually starting to really like those buildings. It's like uPgrading HP's to 12/35 at lvl 10.

Hello Kitty
07-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Unit boosts affect Attk and Defense, as it raises both stats on all units in that class. My first magical boost upgrade netted me almost 300 more defense with at the time only around 270 HPs. And then every time u add more its a boosted unit. I'm actually starting to really like those buildings.I'll check again. I asked support and in MW it's only attack (power). Perhaps they changed it for KA.

Edit: Just started a boost upgrade and took a snapshot of my stats. I'd love to be wrong (or support be wrong!) on this one :).

GetItOn
07-19-2012, 08:16 PM
I'll check again. I asked support and in MW it's only attack (power). Perhaps they changed it for KA.

Edit: Just started a boost upgrade and took a snapshot of my stats. I'd love to be wrong (or support be wrong!) on this one :).

I think you'll be pleased. That's what I did. I watched it finish upgrading and checked my stats and bammo a few hundred extra points of defense from the boost.

The only bummer is that most ppl use at least 2 or 3 unit types. For me, Magical for Defense, Machinery for Offense and Infantry for Off/Def combo. So I'm gonna have to upgrade all 3. Then if I ever get a high Breeding Den the Beast one too. (groan)

Hello Kitty
07-19-2012, 08:21 PM
I think you'll be pleased. That's what I did. I watched it finish upgrading and checked my stats and bammo a few hundred extra points of defense from the boost.Fantastic! Good think I picked Temple to boost then - my High Priests will appreciate the boost :)

echus14
07-19-2012, 08:27 PM
my High Priests will appreciate the boost :)

For some reason, this gave me the image of HK's claws sinking into some poor old man's tush :D