PDA

View Full Version : Extra mafia member question

mysteryliner
07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
i'm lvl 146 and i have over 550 mafia members.
Now i noticed that some reward for completing a district are:
1extra mafia member.

Now, is that of any use to me with over 500 members?
..Is that mafia member just added to the pile,
while keeping the number of member i can take to a fight at 500?

Or does 1 extra mafia member mean 1additional member during fights?

sorry for another noob question.

Paulio
07-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Unfortunately, it is a useless prize. You still can only take 500 mafia into battle.

swood
07-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Does the 500 mafia member cap count up until a certain level or is it for all levels?

Paulio
07-18-2012, 03:38 PM
You can bring 5 mafia x your current level, I.e. level 50 can bring 250 mafia into battle. At level 100, you max out at 500 mafia and it doesn't change thereafter.

swood
07-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Ah sh*t! That would explain why me purchasing hundreds of low attack/defence weapons aren't working as well as i thought. I'd better start purchasing some more powerful weapons :(

mysteryliner
07-18-2012, 04:13 PM
@Paulio: Thanks. guess i'll finish other districts from LvL2 to 3 for the RP.

@Swood: Correct.
Maybe look for -Stats and Building Spreadsheet by Lars
it does require some time, but afterwards, you get a nice picture of what area you need to improve on.
i.e.: i need more armor, and it also displays the minimal strength your next weapons, armor,... should be.

And don't overlook explosives!! They do not count towards the 500 members limit.

Paulio
07-18-2012, 04:22 PM
@Paulio: Thanks. guess i'll finish other districts from LvL2 to 3 for the RP.

You're welcome. But I would reconsider doing map jobs to earn RP - not a good way to go. You earn way too much XP that way, which make you level up quickly, which pits you against stronger rivals. There are much better ways to earn RP, such as Thug Life, Hardcore Hitman, and Championship Rounds. Another good way to earn RP without leveling too much is to rob certain buildings, such as Lofts and Laundromats.

swood
07-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Thanks guys. I have a load of defence buildings so i'm ok the defence department for now. Just need to focus on higher priced armour, car (don't have many of these), and mele/guns, as well as a few if need be (already have a few)

And lol @dirtydk83's spam. P.s. the spammers mafia code is 606 766 864 if any of the staff are interested in banning his account ;)

sister morphine
07-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Don't place too much trust in defense buildings

mysteryliner
07-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Thanks guys. I have a load of defence buildings so i'm ok the defence department for now. Just need to focus on higher priced armour, car (don't have many of these), and mele/guns, as well as a few if need be (already have a few)
Defense buildings are pretty much useless.
I made the same mistake, i have lots of defense buildings myself. Because of that i have
a "LISTED Defense" of 32 000.
But only a defense against Attacks of 22 500
And only a defense against robberies of 12 700
My total cost of those defense buildings is $ 24.200.000

Like i said above, maybe check out the free spreadsheet by Lars. You can very clearly see where & what to invest in.

swood
07-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Defense buildings are pretty much useless.
I made the same mistake, i have lots of defense buildings myself. Because of that i have
a "LISTED Defense" of 32 000.
But only a defense against Attacks of 22 500
And only a defense against robberies of 12 700
My total cost of those defense buildings is $ 24.200.000

Like i said above, maybe check out the free spreadsheet by Lars. You can very clearly see where & what to invest in.

Ah right, thanks for the tip. I'll check out his spreadsheet and see what i can learn from it