PDA

View Full Version : CCM: event duration.....

BrodawgCanada
07-18-2012, 05:19 AM
Hey CCM I was wondering if this next event will be a 4 day auction again or will it actually be a week long event like the splash screen always says?? And when is it going to start??

The_Red
07-18-2012, 05:43 AM
obviously not CCM - but he's been 100% consistent with not talking specifics about future planned developments or events on here per management's request.

BrodawgCanada
07-18-2012, 05:45 AM
obviously not CCM - but he's been 100% consistent with not talking specifics about future planned developments or events on here per management's request.He has been around in the forums and answered my last post about KA not being a week long.......

BrodawgCanada
07-18-2012, 06:07 AM
The last event was the first I didn't buy gems for, 4 days is not long enough!!! If it goes back to normal I have money in the bank waiting!!!

The_Red
07-18-2012, 06:49 AM
He has been around in the forums and answered my last post about KA not being a week long.......

not to nit pick, but IIRC - he confirmed that it wasn't a week long event like the .jpg on the game said. He didn't predict any future events, their length or their content. :)

BrodawgCanada
07-18-2012, 07:37 AM
What or who is IIRC??

marebear
07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
IIRC.. If I remember correctly

BrodawgCanada
07-18-2012, 08:44 AM
IIRC.. If I remember correctlyThanks buddy!!! C'mon CCM show these guys up!!! Say something!! Not just "something" lol

Joie
07-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Ccm will not answer any questions about game specifics. Guess its not his fault. The only thing we learned during the ask Ccm anything session was if he liked tacos and what parts of movies he liked, not sure why anyone cared but those were the only questions answered.

The_Red
07-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Ccm will not answer any questions about game specifics. Guess its not his fault. The only thing we learned during the ask Ccm anything session was if he liked tacos and what parts of movies he liked, not sure why anyone cared but those were the only questions answered.

I disagree - I thought he gave more clarity on casualties, which I thought was informative.

Joie
07-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Ok maybe I was a little harsh red ill give you that. But the majority of game questions were not answered some I understood why some I didn't. My biggest dissappointment was people like joquinn asking a million pointless questions. I just expected more of a in depth game discussion is all. Was it what you expected as a whole ?

Joie
07-18-2012, 11:45 AM
And I'm not slamming ccm ,I'm sure he is given strict guidelines on what he can say, I appreciate he took an entire day to do it.

The_Red
07-18-2012, 11:46 AM
Ok maybe I was a little harsh red ill give you that. But the majority of game questions were not answered some I understood why some I didn't. My biggest dissappointment was people like joquinn asking a million pointless questions. I just expected more of a in depth game discussion is all. Was it what you expected as a whole ?

Yes - I expected 0 answers on anything related to their roadmap. Software gaming is a competitive industry - they don't want to let the cat out of the bag when they're vying for your dollars. Certain not on an informal conversation over twitter, message board, Facebook.

I wasn't really surprised with all the off topic questions, because I believe there are a number of people on other forums who do more "banter" on the threads than happens here on KA. KA message board is much more focused on stats, errors, and potential schemes/plans. As someone who travels to SF pretty damn often, I was actually interested in some of his comments about restaurants, bars, etc in the embarcadero/union areas.

I thought it was a worthwhile discussion - we should all thank him for the time he took out of his sunday to screw around on the message board... paid or unpaid - its still the weekend.

d_nickels
07-18-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm right there with you Joie. I was thoroughly disappointed in the AMA event. I understand he can't give out all the "secrets" of the programing, but he should be able to give out a little more than he did. For example, the explanation of how the chance another unit dies in combat goes down significantly after one unit dies. That is helpful info and clarification that does not break the game if given out. That was something he had already given out though, so it wasn't actually new info in that discussion if I remember correctly.

The complete unwillingness to discus future plans/events is a bit on the ridiculous side, IMHO. I can understand how they don't want to give future release dates and then miss them and have to deal with the angry userbase, but they could give us a bit of a heads up on these events so we can log in at the beginning instead of just being surprised by it or hearing about it on the forums 4h into the event. They're taking too extreme of a stance on the release of info if you ask me.

Joie
07-18-2012, 12:03 PM
I didn't expect a view into their roadmap, I'm not dumb enough to think he is going to say what specific developments are coming for the game. Just wanted to see more game discussion , ie.. How certain things are calculated, why random things dont seem so random and not what was his favorite deat scene in final destination. But I guess it was titled ask anything. And yea like I said ubove I do appreciate the fact he took an entire day. I've seen many event similar posted before but this is the first one I took the time to participate in so maybe it's the norm? I'll know what to expect next time and I'd probably participate again