PDA

View Full Version : Serving Personnel

James_mac
07-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Who's actually in the army/navy/air force? I was just wondering if many actual serving personnel play this game/participate on the forum.

Fifth Reich
07-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I am not because American tanks are ugly.
Also a firendly TOW missile might hit my heli and I might die.
Grandfather in WWII against japs.

James_mac
07-17-2012, 11:47 AM
I am not because American tanks are ugly.
Also a firendly TOW missile might hit my heli and I might die.
I like your justification for not joining haha

Vballmadam
07-17-2012, 12:48 PM
My son is a nuke in the navy and he is supposed to come today on leave but his plane has been cancelled twice now. Cant wait to see him.

I have two other sons who served : another nuke and the other an officer in the marines.

Agent Orange
07-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Thirteen years in the Coast Guard 'retired'.... dad was in the Canadian Army.

Fifth Reich
07-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Thats really cool actually.

Mcdoc
07-17-2012, 02:57 PM
Was a Navy Corpsman for 10 years (1990-2000). Spent 8 of my 10 years with the Marine Units. The Marines have no medical personnel so they borrow from the Navy :)

Baraka
07-17-2012, 04:16 PM
Hell yeah I'm a naval man myself james. I'm a captain in the Canadian navy. Have been in the force for 25 years. What bout you.

Procyon
07-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Not in the armed forces but have to say thank you to all. Nothing but the utmost respect and appreciation.

Grandfather was in WWI. My father and 2 of his brothers in WWII. His other 4 brothers served at various times, 2 in Korea and 1 of those was a career army man who also spent time in other "conflicts". My uncle who made a career of it was a tank sargent and can't help but think an old school Sherman or Patton would be a nice option to add to the MW inventory.

After reading the thread about new folks to the forum and some talk on guessing ages, the above shows that I think I am older than most of the folks here. Haha. But bet I'm also still more immature than most. :)

Agent Orange
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Hard to say Procyon. I'm 54, Speed is a bit older than me I think. But there are quite a few 'older' folks on here which I never would have expected.

Procyon
07-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Hard to say Procyon. I'm 54, Speed is a bit older than me I think. But there are quite a few 'older' folks on here which I never would have expected.

Hey there Agent - hitting 49 next month and then depression will set in. :). Jk (I hope). Age is truly a state of mind. I agree though, I never would've thought there'd be many in our "life experience" range on here.

SeqWins
07-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Since you didn't mention the people actually fighting wars in your OP I'm going to count myself out but for the ones that know what the letters and numbers in my sig stand for ohhhrah

James_mac
07-18-2012, 05:33 AM
both my parents and my grandparents have all served and im in the process of joining myself so hopefully ill be in in a year or so

Q Raider
07-18-2012, 06:50 AM
14 years Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF)
4 years on the F-111 update project as a civvie.
9 years Military Instructor in Saudi Arabia where I carried the official title of ANACISTT:p

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Hey there Agent - hitting 49 next month and then depression will set in. :). Jk (I hope). Age is truly a state of mind. I agree though, I never would've thought there'd be many in our "life experience" range on here.

Sorry didn't get back to you sooner. I didn't notice a big change when I hit 50. As I'm creeping up on 55 I'm noticing I'm not as spry as I used to be, more aches and pains, frozen shoulder from playing on the iPad too much. Big thing is don't get sedentary IMHO which is the problem I have now at work. I used to be up and walking around all day, now I'm stuck at a desk on a computer and worse thing is at home I'm stuck on here too!

I too was really shocked at how many players were in our age range but when you stop and think about it we are the one's that can actually afford to play so then it starts making sense. Plus it is kind of satisfying to be able to frag some young punks butt now and then....

Agent Orange
07-20-2012, 07:32 PM
14 years Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF)
4 years on the F-111 update project as a civvie.
9 years Military Instructor in Saudi Arabia where I carried the official title of ANACISTT:p

Outstanding Q!