PDA

View Full Version : How often are you attacked?

The_Red
07-17-2012, 11:27 AM
I've noticed in the past month or so that Ive been on the business end of PvP much less frequently, so I was curious what others are seeing.

MaverickMunkey
07-17-2012, 11:40 AM
I've noticed in the past month or so that Ive been on the business end of PvP much less frequently, so I was curious what others are seeing.

Maybe once a day at worst normally once every other day or so. To be fair, I have only lost once, and that was a raid, in the past month and that was to someone with a pure gem army.

Dewsy
07-17-2012, 12:00 PM
I get attacked once or twice every 2-3 days I'd say. Normally by the same person who has over 12k wins so must just attack his whole rival list.

Joe Brown1
07-17-2012, 12:04 PM
I wasn't attacked a single time during the last event, about 4 times per day since the end.

YLL
07-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Let's see - according to my Kingdom News, in the last week or so, I got attacked: 9 hours ago (got tipped 787 gold), 2 days ago (371 gold), 5 days ago (33 gold), 7 days ago (138 gold and 22 gold from two different visitors) and 8 days ago (0 gold, the miser).

Crazy Canuck
07-17-2012, 12:28 PM
I get attackers a lot but barely lose. Always wonder what these people are doing hitting me when they have no shot at winning

enahs1
07-17-2012, 12:32 PM
I barely get attacked anymore.
On that note, please add me 355-067-844

Hapl0
07-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Who got attacked 10-15 times a day?
By my side, since a week zero attacks.

The_Red
07-17-2012, 12:50 PM
By my side, since a week zero attacks.

Heck - I've attacked the same guy 50-60 times today... there are people on the business end.

Joe Brown1
07-17-2012, 12:53 PM
I used to get tipped a lot more when being attacked. These days people just seem to be much greater tightwads when assulting my kingdom. What happened to old fashion manners to leave a nice pile of gold at the gate when you attacked a kingdom and got your ass handed to you:cool:

Everson25
07-17-2012, 12:56 PM
I get attacked once or twice a day. I rarely lose, unless it's a gem player like Marebeer, who attacked me last week for fun...lol.

Crazy Canuck
07-17-2012, 01:03 PM
By my side, since a week zero attacks. that's the 1 I voted for.

It may even be more but they all wins. Think only 1 guy in last 2 months has given me a loss on the odd hit. I carry alot of gold around most times so even though it's protected people attack I think just to try and get it

Hello Kitty
07-17-2012, 01:38 PM
I get attacked once or twice a day. I rarely lose, unless it's a gem player like Marebeer, who attacked me last week for fun...lol.Hilarious Ev! That made me laugh out loud. Hope she told you she was approaching.

I'm in the 0-5 bucket too. Get nice tips - guess folks still haven't figured out vault at level 62?

Muddy
07-17-2012, 01:39 PM
I was attacked 46 times on last 30 days and 5 time I lose. Only one player from this winners has attack and defense a little bit better than main.

Timbathia
07-17-2012, 01:43 PM
I have been attacked abput 3 times in the last 4 weeks, and the only successful one was Tiki. At least she had the decency to leave my alone as soon as she realised all my gold was vaulted on that day.

Crazy Canuck
07-17-2012, 02:07 PM
Hilarious Ev! That made me laugh out loud. Hope she told you she was approaching.

I'm in the 0-5 bucket too. Get nice tips - guess folks still haven't figured out vault at level 62?Your lvl 62? Hope I haven't hit you since thats where I am at as well.

It is supresing how many people attack when they can't win with unprotected gold.

Everson25
07-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Your lvl 62? Hope I haven't hit you since thats where I am at as well.

It is supresing how many people attack when they can't win with unprotected gold.Well, unless you are a heavy gem player you don't have much chance of wining against HK. She's not a kitten. She's a wild cat...lol.

Crazy Canuck
07-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Well, unless you are a heavy gem player you don't have much chance of wining against HK. She's not a kitten. She's a wild cat...lol.No I'm not a heavy gem spend but I have spent my share. The 1st bidding event cost me 2 much to get my Gardian Elemental but love seeing it in work everytime I attack lol plus the bonus of upgrading 2 buildings at once is a god sent

Everson25
07-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Hilarious Ev! That made me laugh out loud. Hope she told you she was approaching.

I'm in the 0-5 bucket too. Get nice tips - guess folks still haven't figured out vault at level 62?Well, she told me she left me a message on the MW forum and in game but when I noticed was too late. I couldnt believe she raided my silo...lol. Im considering a fight for FFN, which means I lost just twice on KA. Guess who?

Hello Kitty
07-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Well, she told me she left me a message on the MW forum and in game but when I noticed was too late. I couldnt believe she raided my silo...lol. Im considering a fight for FFN, which means I lost just twice on KA. Guess who?Oh yeah! I remember that. She was "encouraged" by some of the other folks to go ahead (I think I was one of them :p). It was kind of funny, hope you laughed too.

So during the last KA event someone had 92k on them and I got 75k of it - felt like I was a kid caught with my hand in the cookie jar and looking over my shoulder.

@CrazyCan - got your PM - done!

Hapl0
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM
I agreed with Everson, HK is a wild cat.

Hello Kitty
07-17-2012, 04:06 PM
I agreed with Everson, HK is a wild cat.I'm nice to everyone :) I just like your unvaulted cash and raidable buildings. Hehehe. Meow. My number will come up though, like when Cope blew through my base like a class 5 hurricane. The devestation!

Tiki
07-17-2012, 04:08 PM
I have been attacked abput 3 times in the last 4 weeks, and the only successful one was Tiki. At least she had the decency to leave my alone as soon as she realised all my gold was vaulted on that day.

Money vaulted on just that day. . . . Hmmmm

Baraka
07-17-2012, 04:32 PM
2 times a week. Wierd how no be attacks.

Musketblade
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
I was how many times you could attack the same guy before you were being an ass

Timbathia
07-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Money vaulted on just that day. . . . Hmmmm

Yes, there was about a 150K difference between my vault size and the cost of a manor. I took the gamble (twice) and got away with it. You hit me just after starting to build one. A day earlier and I would prbably have cried.

Zesder
07-17-2012, 05:14 PM
Just looked through my list and most of the time I'm getting hit once or twice a day. Very rarly do they win.
Although around a week ago I had one person attack me around 10 times. Maybe I attacked them earlier that day.

Funkey monkey
07-17-2012, 05:32 PM
My News Feed doesn't have a loss, so it has been more than 45 days. I was attacked 22 times in the last 31 days. I don't recognize any of the names that attempted to attack, so I think they are not coming from revenge but the Battle List. Most days have 0 attacks. There were also multiple days with more than one attack from different people. My guess is that you get higher on the Battle List for everyone in your bracket that refreshes, so mutiple people have you as a visible target. Then on other days others are higher on the Battle List than you. I wish I knew when I'm not on anyone's Battle List.

The_Red
07-17-2012, 05:38 PM
I was how many times you could attack the same guy before you were being an ass

Ive thought about that a bunch - for the people in the L90-110 that I attack, they've had more than enough time to figure the game out and build an army that gives them more than 5k defense with 400 allies. One doesn't get attacked (and lose) 10k times without the message coming across that there's an issue with their gold spend, alliance size, and defense.

Hobtuse
07-17-2012, 05:46 PM
1-2 attacks daily for the week, then 0 attacks for the next week. This trend has been alternating for me for some time.

I have been handed a few donations but I don't attack them back since attacking people with similar stats doesn't make sense when I want to cut my unit casualties to the minimum.

andymac106
07-17-2012, 05:53 PM
I get attacked a lot. But that isnt surprising since I am at a lower level and people just attack randomly

Hello Kitty
07-17-2012, 07:06 PM
1-2 attacks daily for the week, then 0 attacks for the next week. This trend has been alternating for me for some time.

I have been handed a few donations but I don't attack them back since attacking people with similar stats doesn't make sense when I want to cut my unit casualties to the minimum.Hob - I finally got around to you PM. Let me know if you have any questions. Just post them on WWY. I hate that PM editor. HK.

@andymac - been meaning to tell you that I love your av! Perfect look for the answer you just posted. Hahaha.

GetItOn
07-17-2012, 07:35 PM
Aside from my first day playing, I have lost once in the last month.

BrodawgCanada
07-17-2012, 07:37 PM
I get attacked like once a week and win....

echus14
07-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Maybe once or twice a day, and haven't lost anything except for that one time to Lord Moore when I was trying to "fly under the radar" for a purchase and one other time by a much stronger player who killed a couple of units. Have also received a few donations - best was about 300+ gold, but what I don't understand is why would someone with roughly equal stats attack you when he/she has unvaulted gold?

echus14
07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Heck - I've attacked the same guy 50-60 times today... there are people on the business end.

Just curious - why would you do this? Wouldn't the loss of units outweigh any potential economic gain (unless he had a HUGE amount of unvaulted gold)?

GetItOn
07-17-2012, 07:55 PM
My vault size is only 8.3k with an upgrade finishing in 4hrs and I routinely have around 40-80k unvaulted on me. It's hard to get that vault size up when you've only been playing for 3 weeks. :(

Hobtuse
07-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Just curious - why would you do this? Wouldn't the loss of units outweigh any potential economic gain (unless he had a HUGE amount of unvaulted gold)?

actually we do that because the same guy has very weak stats. you lose zero units, gain honor, xp, units while advancing your TR quests.

The_Red
07-17-2012, 08:25 PM
actually we do that because the same guy has very weak stats. you lose zero units, gain honor, xp, units while advancing your TR quests.

Exactly.

Of course, with the hoarding of honor points - it really hasn't helped the kingdom outside of a few grunts that keep getting added and an errant unit from a tournament quest win.

echus14
07-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Ahh ... guess must be someone who levelled up too quickly, otherwise you generally would not see him. I have come across such cases a couple of time ... lvl 9-10 silo and 2000+ defence at Lvl 40. They also tend to have very high alliance levels which act as a smokescreen ... but once they have been spotted, I reckon they end up being ATMs until they quickly raise their defence levels to be on par with the majority.

Cool Fella
07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Once or twice a week. I think my defense discourages people...Ohh well

GetItOn
07-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Ahh ... guess must be someone who levelled up too quickly, otherwise you generally would not see him. I have come across such cases a couple of time ... lvl 9-10 silo and 2000+ defence at Lvl 40. They also tend to have very high alliance levels which act as a smokescreen ... but once they have been spotted, I reckon they end up being ATMs until they quickly raise their defence levels to be on par with the majority.

I adjust my ally totals by 100+/- every few days to test the waters and see what the loot gain is like at different ally lvls.

Bea
07-18-2012, 01:58 AM
When I was saving for my 2nd manor, my vault was probably 67k and a gem player attacked me, got 2 'wins' in at 9900 each. So is the amount capped? I thought it was 10% of unvaulted per 'win'.
That's been the only red on my news feed, except the occasional high priest loss. Get attacked a couple of times a day.

echus14
07-18-2012, 02:33 AM
I adjust my ally totals by 100+/- every few days to test the waters and see what the loot gain is like at different ally lvls.

Huh? You mean you add or discard 100+ allies every few days??

echus14
07-18-2012, 02:35 AM
When I was saving for my 2nd manor, my vault was probably 67k and a gem player attacked me, got 2 'wins' in at 9900 each. So is the amount capped? I thought it was 10% of unvaulted per 'win'.
That's been the only red on my news feed, except the occasional high priest loss. Get attacked a couple of times a day.

Wow, to save for a [SECOND] Manor with a vault of only 67K is really ambitious. Guess you must have some serious defence stats to ward off interest.

Addyman
07-18-2012, 02:40 AM
Wow, to save for a [SECOND] Manor with a vault of only 67K is really ambitious. Guess you must have some serious defence stats to ward off interest.

I built both Manors whilst my vault was at 83K (or something like that). There are some useful tips for being able to do this such as hitting all bosses on the higher maps until they only have one hit left to kill them. Then, you work out how much gold you will get from killing them all and when you get to a point where you have enough gold (vaulted and unvaulted) to buy the manor PLUS what you will get from the bosses, you let your energy refill and hit them all together, grab the gold and build the manor.

I rarely get attacked at the moment. Have pushed my defence up to 159 per ally and when I look at the battle board, I rarely if ever see anyone who could take me on. Think I have lost 1 battle in the last month.

Bea
07-18-2012, 02:52 AM

Just saw others on here doing it, noone really attacking so just went for it. Defense not high at all compared to my allies, but rivals are probably looking for easier wins. Think they blind attack once then go elsewhere. Did my 1st L3 manor upgrade yesterday.

d_nickels
07-18-2012, 03:07 AM
What happens when you hit the "revenge" button on your list when somebody attacks you and beats you? Its been so long since I hit that button I don't remember what happens, but I'm affraid it makes you attack the other person without the chance to check out their stats first. I'm now in whale territory and I have a couple loses but I'm afraid to hit the revenge button because I don't want to put my name on a whale's news feed with a big attack me button if you know what I mean.

Thanks, and sorry for the minor thread highjack. Its about getting attacked so thought it was a good spot to ask though. I get hit under 5 times a day and almost all wins. I've always been surprised that there are people that seem to never look at a players stats before attacking.

Bea
07-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Just takes you to their kingdom.

GetItOn
07-18-2012, 03:27 AM
Huh? You mean you add or discard 100+ allies every few days??

Yes that's correct. I usually get ~75 ally requests by becoming a VIP. It's real easy to fluctuate that way.

d_nickels
07-18-2012, 05:35 AM
Just takes you to their kingdom.

Thanks for the quick response.

I think this poll is skewed because of the audience. People responding are probably active forum members and that crowd tends to be "better" at the given game because of their interest and gained knowledge from reading the forums. The people out there getting destroyed with 20+ attacks daily would benefit greatly if they came to the forums to learn about the game mechanics and how to min/max a little.

MaverickMunkey
07-18-2012, 05:57 AM
The people out there getting destroyed with 20+ attacks daily would benefit greatly if they came to the forums to learn about the game mechanics and how to min/max a little.

I don't want them to learn - otherwise who am I going to attack then!!!

Zesder
07-18-2012, 06:11 AM
I know I was one of those people who got attacked tons when I first started because I didn't understand how to play.

Winstrol
07-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Once or twice per week by huge gem spenders , and loads of allies in my news :/

-Hailz

Joie
07-18-2012, 12:10 PM
I rarely get attacked because I try and make sure even if an attack is a success nothing is gained. I don't keep unvaulted gold, I'll spend the excess on hp or soon baskilisks before I log out and I'm pretty good at keeping the higher dollar buildings cleared on time.

GetItOn
07-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I rarely get attacked because I try and make sure even if an attack is a success nothing is gained. I don't keep unvaulted gold, I'll spend the excess on hp or soon baskilisks before I log out and I'm pretty good at keeping the higher dollar buildings cleared on time.

OMG I hate when ppl do that. How am I going to supplement my income if there's no money laying around. For half the day yesterday, I couldn't find anyone with more than 900 gold total! Then finally hit a winner starting at 4.3k a hit and cleaned them out to under 1k a hit.

echus14
07-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Once or twice per week by huge gem spenders , and loads of allies in my news :/

-Hailz

I thought the system prevented one from attacking allies?

echus14
07-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes that's correct. I usually get ~75 ally requests by becoming a VIP. It's real easy to fluctuate that way.

Ahhh ... didn't realise you were a VIP.

d_nickels
07-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I thought the system prevented one from attacking allies?

That was probably a reference to people leaving their own ID asking to join as an ally.

Jhoemel
07-18-2012, 11:29 PM
I got attacked like 2 times a day and they always lose

Jhoemel
07-18-2012, 11:30 PM

That sucks. I just cleaned someone with 100k gold and got 3k every attack. Got 36k from him :)

taxing
07-19-2012, 10:03 AM
I've noticed as my Defense has gone up the rate with which i am attacked decreases. It sounds like common sense but you have to think that other people are increasing their attack at the same rate im increasing my defense. I think the difference is at a certain point, i would say 30-35K defense, the cost to an attacker becomes prohibitive to attacking for any purpose. with 30-35k defense the attacker is going to lose units who cost more then any potential income earned.

The_Red
07-26-2012, 10:40 AM
Thought I would comment again on this - since moving my allies up to max allies (499/500) the attack rate massively changes. From 1-2 per day... to once an hour or more.