PDA

View Full Version : Opinion Poll on New Event Style

Ziva
07-16-2012, 04:39 PM
What do you think of the new event style? Love it? Hate it? Don't care? Want the old style back?

Edit: Just want to make sure everyone knows this is a Multiple Choice Poll.

Paulio
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
There's no poll here, but I would vote that I don't like it and want the old style back. I won top 50 on the first event and that 10% stats increase was probably worth it for me, but still, I don't want to spend that much gold again on the chance of not winning it. Also, as we saw in this last event, the competition is getting even worse.

Euchred
07-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Agree with Paulio, it's a cool style but the price point is much too high and it's only going to get higher. It is frustrating battling the random number generater with the old events but it's better then just trying to outspend your fellow players.

Ziva
07-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry about the delay in getting the actual poll up; had some technical difficulties.

Plux
07-16-2012, 05:15 PM
I like it and takes alot of the randomness out of the event. Effort should really be rewarded not cause confusion. The players define the event, love em or hate em, the prizes should go to the ones that want it the most, not the ones who have the most luck. I hated the old style with venom, this rewards effort.

Swearengen
07-16-2012, 05:45 PM
I like the overall new event style. Being basically a nongold spender, it really doesn't matter as it seems with some effort I can usually get the 3rd or 4th prize with no gold spent, just enough daylight opens with the med chance option.

I like the leaderboard, it is nice to see who is in the running.

Not sure I agree that the new style rewards effort. It rewards gold spent, which is fine. If you spend you get the rewards right?

But man I find it hard to see folks dropping hundreds and thousands of dollars on a weekly game, but helll who am I to tell someone how to spend their money right. Spend on High Rollers!

Ziva
07-16-2012, 06:41 PM
I like the leaderboard, it is nice to see who is in the running.

I agree totally on this, but I wish we could see the top 250 as well as the top 25.

Not sure I agree that the new style rewards effort. It rewards gold spent, which is fine. If you spend you get the rewards right?

But man I find it hard to see folks dropping hundreds and thousands of dollars on a weekly game, but helll who am I to tell someone how to spend their money right. Spend on High Rollers!

I totally agree with you on this as well. I really can't believe people are really spending that much real money on this game every week either. But I think if the same people keep spending that much real money getting the top rewards in every event this game will become a game for only the rich and most of the casual and non-gold players will be gone. Many have already left, and I think many more will follow.

Ziva
07-17-2012, 03:00 AM
So far 60% of voters say "I don't like it; only Gold users have a chance at top prizes." Geez, what a surprise... :rolleyes:

Max Power
07-17-2012, 04:44 AM
I like it and takes alot of the randomness out of the event. Effort should really be rewarded not cause confusion. The players define the event, love em or hate em, the prizes should go to the ones that want it the most, not the ones who have the most luck. I hated the old style with venom, this rewards effort.

Effort that rewards are still based on random opens. At the end of the day, when a crate to be opened is involved, regardless how you got it or how many tries it takes, it still comes down to luck. And in the leader-board events, even more than the other events, gold is much more of a factor.

These leader-board events are even worse for game balance, but then, every change made since nerfing good loot items has followed that trend.

Ziva
07-17-2012, 03:40 PM
With only 41 voters so far the response to this poll is far less than I had hoped for, but the majority is still saying they do not like the new event style.

k0de
07-17-2012, 08:55 PM
Really dislike the new style. Before, you had a small chance at winning the top prize without spending gold and a far better chance if you did, which is perfectly reasonable. Now, it isn't enough to just spend gold- you have to be one of the top spenders. I've spent gold in the past and am happy to do so when I feel it's worth it (for example, to win an item with a game-changing ability) but the amount required to win now has priced me out of contention.

And yes, I'm considering quitting the game as I feel it no longer offers me the enjoyment it once did. I'd rather not do it, but the way things are going I don't see much point in continuing.

If the event formats were to alternate, I suppose that would be an acceptable compromise.

Lars
07-18-2012, 01:53 AM
I dislike both kinds of events.

That might come to a surprise, as I was quite successful in the old-style events: I received the top price without gold most of the time. The first one or two events were a nice diversion from the routine. However, the endless stream of events with only short periods in between completely changed the nature of the game. While CC had a great strategic depth before, it turned into just artifact hunting on an hourly basis. And I strongly disliked the requirement to return to the game almost any hour to be successful. J-Rizzi summed it up really nice on his farewell message: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37322-Empire-Times-Presents-J-Rizzi-Over-amp-Out!-%28A-Must-Read-Farewell%29.

Sure, the new event style is an even more blatant gold ripoff. At least this is obvious enough that I do not care anymore about getting the top prices.

PawnXIIX
07-18-2012, 02:29 AM
I think we've beaten the event system to death.

Not many people like it. We get it.

...Stop posting about it.

chimera69
07-18-2012, 02:57 AM
I think Gree should vary things to spark more interest and decrease the rapidly growing dissatisfaction.

There's now 3 very different styled events -
#1 the leaderboard event (big end prizes really only for big spenders, non-gold players can typically get 1st couple items & maybe couple more if persistent and lucky)
#2 PvP fight event (while gold spending can help, non-gold players can definitely win)
#3 Beat the Boss event, currently only done in MW but will come to CC & KA ( you win a common/uncommon/rare item each time you win against the boss, after 30 wins you get a very high value item - gold is required to win at least the last several, but non-gold players can win up to half or more if use good strategy)

Do one event of each type each month, with 3-4 days of "rest" in between. Then there's something for everyone. Gold players can spend at whatever amounts they want, with light spenders still able to get good items. Non-gold players are no longer left out of the party, now being able to win significant amounts of items by the end of the month. Additionally, the constant varying of style of event would keep things feeling fresher (ie, less event burn out).

Ziva
07-19-2012, 08:07 AM
I dislike both kinds of events.

That might come to a surprise, as I was quite successful in the old-style events: I received the top price without gold most of the time. The first one or two events were a nice diversion from the routine. However, the endless stream of events with only short periods in between completely changed the nature of the game. While CC had a great strategic depth before, it turned into just artifact hunting on an hourly basis. And I strongly disliked the requirement to return to the game almost any hour to be successful. J-Rizzi summed it up really nice on his farewell message: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37322-Empire-Times-Presents-J-Rizzi-Over-amp-Out!-%28A-Must-Read-Farewell%29.

Sure, the new event style is an even more blatant gold ripoff. At least this is obvious enough that I do not care anymore about getting the top prices.

"I dislike both kinds of events."

Good point, and I'm sorry I didn't think to include that in the poll.

The majority rules here; there are 53 votes and 52 people say they hate this new event style, and 7 of them say they may quit the game because of it. Only 1 person says they love it.

_dan_
07-19-2012, 08:17 AM
I think old style or current style are ok to me.

Either style, I can't get top prize with only cash option & luck.

I prefer if Greed/Funkio could present another style later, I want to try new things rather old ones.

<3 Hz
07-19-2012, 08:36 AM
It's crappy. With the old events, a free player had at least somewhat of a chance to get the top prize. Now, you can't get the top prize without spending $30,000.

I liked those two events where all you had to do was be in the top 500 of income earners, and top 500 for attacks. You had to work for them, but they were attainable to free players.

Ziva
07-19-2012, 09:18 AM
It's crappy. With the old events, a free player had at least somewhat of a chance to get the top prize. Now, you can't get the top prize without spending $30,000.

Well, maybe not that much money, but it is costing people more than 1000 gold, at least a vault if not more, to just get into the top 250. That's $100 or more real cash just for one event. The top 25 are paying a heck of a lot more than that, and much of it has to be for energy resets as I can't figure out where else they are getting hundreds of boxes to open in the first day of the game. Right now the leader has 157 tanks; where the heck did he get enough boxes (I can't begin to guess how many) to open in order to get 157 tanks already as we are just into day 2?

I liked those two events where all you had to do was be in the top 500 of income earners, and top 500 for attacks. You had to work for them, but they were attainable to free players.

I agree with you completely with the top 500 for attacks, but not with the income earners. There was nothing we could do to increase our income once that started; either you had it or you didn't. I personally did not like the income event. I thought the levels set were unfair as they were from 1-100 and 101-200. That was way too much a spread; they should have made it much more fair by giving 4 winners a prize 50 levels apart.

sexkitteh
07-19-2012, 09:32 AM
People complain about the "price point"... but the retarded part is that it's the players setting the price point...

sexkitteh
07-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Question about these "boss" events - will they require energy? or stamina? or both?

Ziva
07-19-2012, 09:41 AM
"People complain about the "price point"... but the retarded part is that it's the players setting the price point... "

Good point, and the players are increasing the price point with each event. The huge spenders are their own worse enemy in this. I would never even consider spending that much real cash, even if I had it, on a virtual game.

"Question about these "boss" events - will they require energy? or stamina? or both?"

I don't know, but I was wondering the same thing. I'm guessing it will be energy, though, as that's what is required to hit the "boss" in each area of the maps.

Paulio
07-19-2012, 10:02 AM

You do make good points here. But, there are many players who are willing to put in the effort needed to win the prize. However, this event does not rewards effort alone. With the current style, effort only works if you have the funds to back it up, which puts many players on the sidelines.

Ziva
07-19-2012, 11:40 AM
I agree totally! I don't mind putting an effort in a game; I enjoy the challenge! However, with this style of event the only major challenge is who makes and is willing to spend the most real money on this game.

KemoKidd
07-19-2012, 02:30 PM
If these events were top 500/top 100 again I would love it. This gave non-gold spenders a chance to win 4 prizes as well as the big top 500 prize. I really wouldn't mind dropping $20 on gold to get those items. Top 250 requires too much more to spend. Gree can make $20 from every event from me with the top 500 style or $0 from every event with the top 250 style. One last thing: PLEASE spread these events out more! We should have at least a week or two to relax.

<3 Hz
07-19-2012, 03:58 PM
I agree totally! I don't mind putting an effort in a game; I enjoy the challenge! However, with this style of event the only major challenge is who makes and is willing to spend the most real money on this game.

Gree needs to hire me in their marketing dept.

I could make them an insane amount of money. I'd come up with an event that would give an incredible weapon to the first 10 players to spend $1,000,000 in real money in a 5 day period.

Dr Girlfriend
07-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Gold spenders should be the ones most upset about this new style event. The old style favored them, too, but they would get to the magic number of 10 and then stop spending gold. With the leader board, a player is never really done. They have to keep spending 'til the end unless they've spent an insane amount to begin with.

No doubt Gree is making a ton of money off the leader board concept, and I don't see them changing it as long as that's the case.

Still, it would be great if our advocate, CCM, would take this poll result to the powers that be.

Ziva
07-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Gold spenders should be the ones most upset about this new style event. The old style favored them, too, but they would get to the magic number of 10 and then stop spending gold. With the leader board, a player is never really done. They have to keep spending 'til the end unless they've spent an insane amount to begin with.

No doubt Gree is making a ton of money off the leader board concept, and I don't see them changing it as long as that's the case.

Still, it would be great if our advocate, CCM, would take this poll result to the powers that be.

I agree 100% with your entire post! And I have been waiting for "our advocate" CCMark to make some comment here, but he's staying away or silent so far; no idea which, of course.

Ziva
07-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Out of 85 votes, the results, 78 votes or 91.77% of players' votes, are still showing the vast majority of players do not like and/or even hate this new event style:

I don't like it; only Gold users have a chance at top prizes. 41 votes - 48.24%

I hate it! I want the old style back! 28 votes - 32.94%

I really hate it; I may quit the game because of this. 9 votes - 10.59%

Are you even looking at this, CCMark? No comment or opinion at all?

swood
07-20-2012, 01:23 PM
I don't know what the old style was like, but i'm just sick of not getting anywhere near top 250 with all the gold users. I bet the Funzio staff are making a mint from it, but it is very unfair for the majority of players

G Wiz
07-20-2012, 02:00 PM
We the people wanted leaderboards...Looks like we don't always know whats best for us. The new style incorporates voices and get the win win.

A real leaderboard would involve something like fights and robberies though, not just events.

JaceD
07-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Voted I don't care either way. I've never won a final event item and know I won't win with the new format either. Both give me a chance to get some gold-equivalent items though which is nice. Also I like the fact that the chance of getting a nitrous tank or whatever item stays the same throughout the event. Before once I had 8 or 9 items it wasn't fun anymore because the chance of getting the final one was so slim. Maybe I would be against it if I'd won at least once with the old format but from my POV it's pretty much the same. No gold used, no chance.

plf2102
07-20-2012, 06:38 PM
I dont even participate in the new event its stupid only people that spend thousands have a slight chance i like the old system and want it back but who am I, actually I used to spend alot of time on this game 5+ hours a day and i never really noticed till now that after the first time the events switched I play less than an hour a day and hopefully will be done all togeather soon. This game just doesnt cut it for me no more so booring and repetetive idk why but ever since the new event style I just dont like it all togeather, and this game actually kept me from renewing my WoW subscription which I regret and i will be going back to playing that.funzio/GREED wont miss my Bizz.....
spending only up to maybe 50 dollars a month wont hurt you you just proved to us that if you dont spend thousands on this crap game that your only a grain of sand in the ocean. Hopefully the big spenders will come to their senses soon enough. Hope to go back to daily playing if the event changes.

Ziva
07-22-2012, 02:07 PM
I am very disappointed that CCMark has continued to ignore this poll; not surprised, but disappointed. It just shows that he really doesn't care about what we, the players, really think about this issue.

Sandukan
07-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Anyone seen CCM in a while?

TRAZ
07-22-2012, 04:12 PM
I'd be curious to see an event with no gold to see how it would play out.

Ziva
07-22-2012, 07:18 PM
I'd be curious to see an event with no gold to see how it would play out.

Yeah, wouldn't that be something!! Too bad it'll never happen. I was really hoping the Funzio takeover would help us; boy, was I wrong!! Gree(D) really made things SO much worse for this game already!! It's no wonder to me why so many people are quitting the game.

Fake
07-22-2012, 10:48 PM
my option: I really hate it; I may quit the game because of this.

at least we have the forum and some cool people to entertain us!

Ziva
07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
I see that CCMark is in fact here. Not only is he here, but he started his own poll and made it a sticky.

So CCMark, you've totally ignored this poll since it was created and responded to by us mere players. Is there any other way you'd like to prove to us that our voices don't matter to you whatsoever?

With the overwhelming majority voting that they do not like, hate, or even may quit the game due to their dislike of this new event style, I'd think you or someone from Funzio or Gree(D) would pay attention. But instead, our voices remain ignored.

Paulio
07-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Ziva, you would probably have better luck if you PMed him with a link to this thread

Ziva
07-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Ziva, you would probably have better luck if you PMed him with a link to this thread

Yeah, it would, except he's ignored my last few pm's as well as this poll. I guess I don't have enough clout with him as I'm not a big enough spender in this game.