PDA

View Full Version : Any word on that good ol' 30% boost thing yet?

Jp lfs
07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Howdy y'all!

Long time listener, first time caller here.

I was just wondering (and I'm sorry if this question has already been asked) if that 30% Ground Unit boost was ever going to show up? Or did everyone forget about that little chestnut?

I have heard rumors that it works, but is invisible. I have also heard that Bigfoot wanders around Humboldt County California and that there's a dinosaur living in Loch Ness.

By viewing my top 40 attack units, which are listed in order of attack strength AFTER boost, I can assure you that the boost is definitely NOT working or visible there. It was definitely NOT working on boss 30 yesterday (btw- Where is my boat?) and I also can't see it in my boosted or raw stats. (I check those raw stats with my LLP, y'all can steal that little trick, and you're welcome!)

So where exactly is this boost visible or active?

For those of you who only read the first and last paragraph of a post, skip ahead, trust me.

Philosophically speaking, it is theoretically impossible to prove a negative. So there is no way for me to actually demonstrate that it doesn't exist. All I can do is list the evidence to the contrary of it's existence, which I have tried to do above. On the other hand, if it was active, there would be some evidence of it in some area of the game. There is not any evidence I have been able to discover anywhere. Believe me, I've looked everywhere. So then effectively, THERE IS NO BOOST.

This was an event prize that everyone who won actually paid for, whether with GOLD, in-game CASH, or endless bare hands attempts. They all still paid for it with time spent.

The "Official Support" answer that the boost will be seen in a future update is about as useful to me as a fart in a windstorm. I paid for it weeks ago. There was no warning during the event that "Boost will be effective in 4-6 weeks, pending Apple approval of a future update." Other event boosts were seen instantly, why is this one such a problem?

One of my fellow forum members has a line in his signature- "Don't whine about the problem unless you're prepared to offer a reasonable solution" and so I have done so repeatedly to support, but to no avail. (Btw- I have noticed that when C or CJ handles my ticket, I am always satisfied. When other support staff handle them... not so much.)

So after weeks of patient waiting and event after event stacked on top of event, and still no payoff from a prize I won weeks ago, I ask... WHEN DO I GET MY BOOST?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

TL;DR

Have a Nice Day!

Blackstone
07-16-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm really under the impression that Funzio is like the honey badger.

Tctiger
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
I want to know if it is showing in our stats yet too , cc mark said it is active but we only have his word on that , would be nice to know where I am with the boost.

Miner
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't think it is working or being applied. My last support request was a couple weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything since. I loaded up on Expert Attack drones and went hard for the warlord siege tank because a 30% boost to all of those would come in pretty handy. I agree, it's pretty much impossible to tell if it's there or not considering it could be hidden and applied when you actually attack/raid someone. Makes it pretty hard to strategize - pretty disappointed in the way they are handling this one.

Jp lfs
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't think it is working or being applied. My last support request was a couple weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything since. I loaded up on Expert Attack drones and went hard for the warlord siege tank because a 30% boost to all of those would come in pretty handy. I agree, it's pretty much impossible to tell if it's there or not considering it could be hidden and applied when you actually attack/raid someone. Makes it pretty hard to strategize - pretty disappointed in the way they are handling this one.

That is similar to my own concern. Those EAD's are an incredible value with the boost. That makes them a 60 attack unit for only 500 Valor.

My other concern is that I can't buy cash or valor units and accurately see how they affect my stats until the boost is visible. I just have to guess if I'm using them or not?

Warfiend
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
I can say that my observation is similar to yours... If the boost is working, it has zero impact on which units make it into battle and the order they're displayed. This really handicaps the usefulness of it, if it's even working at all.

I've finally seen evidence that my mission and valor bonuses are working at least, so I'm not feeling nearly as concerned as I was that it's not working at all. But still...

Ascent
07-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I can say that my observation is similar to yours... If the boost is working, it has zero impact on which units make it into battle and the order they're displayed. This really handicaps the usefulness of it, if it's even working at all.

Does this mean that the game decides who goes to battle before the boost buildings and nation bonuses are added (i.e.: based on the unboosted stats)? I want to make sure I get the right fodder for my defenses :)

Jp lfs
07-16-2012, 03:08 PM
This boost unit only impacted offensive stats. The game chooses your top units after boost.

Warfiend
07-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Does this mean that the game decides who goes to battle before the boost buildings and nation bonuses are added (i.e.: based on the unboosted stats)? I want to make sure I get the right fodder for my defenses :)

For me, the game seems to apply all the boosts first, except for the boost from the bear. The boost from the bear, if it is working, is not currently reflected in attack score nor in the order of units listed in the battle screen, unlike the other boosts.

Ferr
07-16-2012, 03:10 PM
I wish the problem was limited to the ground boost. As far as i am concerned when it is called an invisible boost rest asure it does not exist. Reason: give me one reason why any dev would make an invisible stat?

Miner
07-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Just an FYI, I sent in another ticket asking some specific questions on this. We'll see if I get the same "later" response.

Copenhagen
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
I have received the following two responses regarding the 30% ground boost being applied.

June 19
Q-I was awarded the 30% ground boost. Where is this increase reflected? There is no change to my stats.
A-The reward for the event is currently applying the bonus properly, but invisibly. We will be addressing this in an update (this is similar to when boost buildings first came out, but the bonus was not visible. We're working on an easy system for intoducing new boost items that will not cause this).

July 8
Q-Boost is still not being applied. How is the patch coming?
A- Thank you for the report. That will be going into a future update.

Hello Kitty
07-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Here's my response from support to my question about the hidden (or non-existent) boost from the Camo Bear 30% boost on ground attack units:

July 12: "It's existent, we made sure of that (t's visible in the code server-side)..."

Jp lfs
07-16-2012, 05:29 PM
So then why can't they translate that to "player-side"??

I have gotten the same responses as you two, I'm just beginning to doubt their sincerity.

If necessary, you can put a pink bush in the corner of my base that gives me a 30% ground boost. Then it's my fault if I ever accidentally sell it. That would be a quick, easy fix, right? This is the sort of solution I have suggested to support to solve the problem. No response.

Lordsloss
07-16-2012, 05:44 PM
If it is there, then stop sending all the tickets and let them work on it. Patience. I understand you want to see it to help with strategy, but it will be ok. You want an internet cookie? I just made some.

Jp lfs
07-16-2012, 05:47 PM
If it is there, then stop sending all the tickets and let them work on it. Patience. I understand you want to see it to help with strategy, but it will be ok. You want an internet cookie? I just made some.

Is it there? Can you tell me how you know it is working?

Edit: Just read his post history, and realized he's a troll. My fault for responding...

*slapping forehead*

whiskeybravo
07-16-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm really under the impression that Funzio is like the honey badger.

Lol, I think you might be right.

Lordsloss
07-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Is it there? Can you tell me how you know it is working?

Edit: Just read his post history, and realized he's a troll. My fault for responding...

*slapping forehead*How am I a troll?

Jp lfs
07-16-2012, 09:45 PM
So does no one else care about this issue anymore? Or are we all just so excited about the AMA threads?

Lordsloss
07-16-2012, 10:02 PM
So does no one else care about this issue anymore? Or are we all just so excited about the AMA threads?I just don't think anyone cares about your rant on having the boost visible. Plus the AMA threads are a good break from all the glitch talking and other complaining.

Q Raider
07-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Well certainly the bonus is not being applied to the units when determing the position in the Attack battle order.

That is still based purely on the base attack stats with the applicable country bonus applied.

The tiebreaker aspect (same attack points) is a bit odd. My Elite Heavy has just swapped places with my Wavebreaker after I upgraded the Ground Boost building, however there is another tie down lower where it appears the secondary sort is alphabetical.

It is definitely NOT appearing in my attack stats and I am doubtful that it really is being applied. when I get cashed up again I might have to go test it on someone who I should lose against and see.....

manbeast
07-17-2012, 12:51 AM
whats the word on giving us a unit with 30% sea bonus?! i'll call in sick to work that whole week so i can play hardcore.

not srs.

maybe semi srs

Miner
07-17-2012, 05:16 AM
When I look at my top 45 units after an attack, it really looks like the boost is NOT being applied.

For example, in the list my shore command unit with a raw attack of 110 (I'm UK) shows in FRONT of my Ammo Transport unit, which has a raw attack of 120.

Likewise, my Satellite Assasin (I will spell it wrong since Funzio spelled it wrong) with a raw attack of 297 is in front of the Camouflage bear which has a raw attack of 283.

In the example with the Shore Command, the 10% country boost is not displayed in the attack scores, but it is being applied, as evident by the order of units. On the contrary, the ground boost does not seem to be applied as the Camo Bear and Ammo Transport with boosts should have forced those units up higher in the order of units.