PDA

View Full Version : A respectable place to debate game/forum progression.

G Wiz
07-16-2012, 11:30 AM
In all honesty, things have become quite heated among certain parties. I beg of those who post here, let this be a thread of respectable conversation about matters while maintaining forum decency!

I would like to begin by addressing "Call-out's". This game carries tremendous rivalry and because of that, emotions can sometimes run high. I will admit that I sometimes get caught in that net and can react obnoxiously(sp) at times...this is to all of those whom it negatively effected -- I am sorry for that.

Secondly, I am in disagreement with people who call other's out on a whim, without subjecting themselves to the same stipulations in the "call out's". As one forumer to another, we should be setting example's of respectful back and forth, because this is still a place of information, and that should never be interrupted. (I am free to hear critiques on this from other's)

Thirdly, opinions should never warrant emotions in a free, non-aligned forum. I will try to be more aware of that out of respect for other's here as I believe respect shown to other's, (100%), is almost always never gained, but can be easily lost.

sexkitteh
07-16-2012, 11:34 AM
I'd like to see an easy way to report cheaters or suspected cheaters in game...

Like a button on their profile that would directly send a msg to support w/ the players link and everything (and maybe even get a mini reward for reporting a cheater o_0)...

Anyways something to bypass the email process... maybe have a dedicated person or two to cheaters and player complaints...

Sandukan
07-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Honor among thieves?
Say it ain't so LOL

Dreno33
07-16-2012, 11:49 AM
i've noticed that ever since people brought "gangs" and "mafia groups" to the forums it has become rather hateful amongst certain members. too many arguments over such a silly thing

sexkitteh
07-16-2012, 11:52 AM
i've noticed that ever since people brought "gangs" and "mafia groups" to the forums it has become rather hateful amongst certain members. too many arguments over such a silly thing

FOR THE RECORD! I wasn't hateful! I was but only pocking fun at CK :)

Ok maybe a little infuriated towards a certain someone :rolleyes: but we bff's now :D

G Wiz
07-16-2012, 11:54 AM
I'd like to see an easy way to report cheaters or suspected cheaters in game...

Like a button on their profile that would directly send a msg to support w/ the players link and everything (and maybe even get a mini reward for reporting a cheater o_0)...

Anyways something to bypass the email process... maybe have a dedicated person or two to cheaters and player complaints...To disagree, I believe this red tape provides somewhat of a filter that may prevent people from giving the effort to someone they only "suspect". On the other hand, it sometimes means that people who tend to go through the motion might have a strong feeling for contacting support. Then there would obviously be the abusers's who would back that log up for months.

Honor among thieves?
Say it ain't so LOLLoL, well notice the headline has /forum. Simply put, nothing functions smoothly without some form of honor or respect. I saw the form losing it's functionality as a place for the free flow of information. Maybe it was the increase in people PM'ing me about actual questions and concerns of CC stuff. Last time that happened was when we had a spam overload on the forums.

sexkitteh
07-16-2012, 11:56 AM
To disagree, I believe this red tape provides somewhat of a filter that may prevent people from giving the effort to someone they only "suspect". On the other hand, it sometimes means that people who tend to go through the motion might have a strong feeling for contacting support. Then there would obviously be the abusers's who would back that log up for months.

The US has interns for a reason :rolleyes:

G Wiz
07-16-2012, 12:05 PM
i've noticed that ever since people brought "gangs" and "mafia groups" to the forums it has become rather hateful amongst certain members. too many arguments over such a silly thingI agree. I believe that the formation of gangs in general came out of a group of players looking for more depth in a rather monotonous game. The drama has peaked a lot of interest, however it has the ability to fall as fast as it rose. If we can reach out to GREE and Mark about these issues, maybe we can repair some of the damage done, while creating a place for gangs to be exactly that. Maybe then we wouldn't have to call people "cowards" or out them on forum because it is the only way of "winning" a war.

But they say a mind works well when your forced to be creative and ingenious. Mark if you're reading, whatever came of that clan communication poll you made some time ago? I know the AMA is over, but this would be a good time to interject with your observations.

JuSt.SiCk
07-16-2012, 12:25 PM
I would like to see some robbery missions. Maybe like the TL Goals. This would make robbing more interesting for me.

Luciferianism
07-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Ya'know what I'd like to see? A damn confirmation button for the 'finish now' instant build button. Support are ignoring my requests to have my gold returned to me. I sent a ticket on the 9th when it happened and another one yesterday having being ignored for days. They've still done nothing to help me.

Swifty
07-16-2012, 12:40 PM
+1 G Wiz

What he said.

Second Comming
07-16-2012, 12:45 PM
The core of the game is based solely upon crime. The forums is the only other place personal and gang wars can continue. I agree this should be a place for information but drama will always come here because your limited with what you can do ingame other than rob someone for a few mil (who will not miss the $$$ because he/she will have a large income anyway) or PVP a person 10x that in many cases can help a person because they cannot be robbed for the next hour?

The only way around it would be to create another segmant to the forums where all the smack-talk and gang warfare can take place, otherwise nothing will change.

G Wiz
07-16-2012, 12:50 PM
The core of the game is based solely upon crime. The forums is the only other place personal and gang wars can continue. I agree this should be a place for information but drama will always come here because your limited with what you can do ingame other than rob someone for a few mil (who will not miss the $$$ because he/she will have a large income anyway) or PVP a person 10x that in many cases can help a person because they cannot be robbed for the next hour?

The only way around it would be to create another segmant to the forums where all the smack-talk and gang warfare can take place, otherwise nothing will change.Agreed!

when you peel the skin, de-bone the chicken, and boil it down, the game fails to address rivalries effectively because nothing is reciprocated. Really, all your left with is frustrations and that quickly turns into pretty nasty stuff.

Forum --> Game
Game <-- Forum

I'm guessing thats a strong correlation...possibly close to +/- 1

Gaming Will
07-16-2012, 12:53 PM
In my opinion, I don't think the "gangs" led to the downfall of this forum. I believe the fact that there is little to debate anymore about the way to play this game did that all on its own.

I felt the downfall of the forum get worse when people started creating multiple accounts. If someone was afraid to say something under their original forum name/avy then don't say it at all. You don't want people to know that your stats suck, don't give out too many details about your game name & level. I guess it would really fall on the shoulders on the fact that we haven't had a dedicated moderator to police the forum on a regular basis.

I have no problem with the gangs showing the rivalry on the forum or anyone person calling a person out on the forum. People struggle under the pressure and often get caught in their own lies.

I feel that the trolls have taken over and feel like they have a right to totally derail a thread for whatever reason. For that reason, many of the seniors have left or will continue to just lurk.

G Wiz
07-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Nicely addressed Will.

The Billionaire
07-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Totally agree with you G-Wiz!

When i first joined the forum it was a wealth of information. Great thread after great thread but i don't see that anymore.

All i've seen lately is lots of pointless threads or threads directed at other forum members. Where's all the discussions gone??

Funzio are partly to blame for the direction this forum has taken because the lack of new content and communication has left us with very little to discuss. There's so many benefits to everyone if this forum is used properly but Funzio aren't taking advantage of it.

That leaves us with what we've got but lets make the best of it. Lets create interesting threads and push the game and the forum forward as much as we can.

We need more threads like the two below. Lets make good information available to everyone

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29521-CC-iOS-Event-Loot&highlight=event+loot

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36336-What-do-YOU-want-to-see-in-Crime-City

Do your fighting in the game! Not on the forum. Nobody cares who's mafia you're in. If i come across your hood and i can rob the hell out it, i will! This is Crime City and this is what the GAME is all about. It's not what the forum's about though.

Lets make the forum a friendly and beneficial place for everyone, old and new.

Peace

......where's my +100 Attack skill points Funzio!!!

sexkitteh
07-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Totally agree with you G-Wiz!

When i first joined the forum it was a wealth of information. Great thread after great thread but i don't see that anymore.

All i've seen lately is lots of pointless threads or threads directed at other forum members. Where's all the discussions gone??

Funzio are partly to blame for the direction this forum has taken because the lack of new content and communication has left us with very little to discuss. There's so many benefits to everyone if this forum is used properly but Funzio aren't taking advantage of it.

That leaves us with what we've got but lets make the best of it. Lets create interesting threads and push the game and the forum forward as much as we can.

We need more threads like the two below. Lets make good information available to everyone

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29521-CC-iOS-Event-Loot&highlight=event+loot

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36336-What-do-YOU-want-to-see-in-Crime-City

Do your fighting in the game! Not on the forum. Nobody cares who's mafia you're in. If i come across your hood and i can rob the hell out it, i will! This is Crime City and this is what the GAME is all about. It's not what the forum's about though.

Lets make the forum a friendly and beneficial place for everyone, old and new.

Peace

......where's my +100 Attack skill points Funzio!!!

I personally don't agree with that 100%... I enjoy reading about mafia wars and the trash talk back and forth...

yes... I like drama... and people like drama...

now a TROLL is different story... that is lame... that is annoying... that is pointless...

If you want to block me go ahead... I'm not going to create alternate accounts to by pass that...

But I think if everyone participated in the Drama... it would be fun :)

what else is there to do? it's a game of crime and war... how can you NOT have trash talk?!?!?! lameeeee....

Boom
07-16-2012, 08:07 PM
I agree. I believe that the formation of gangs in general came out of a group of players looking for more depth in a rather monotonous game. The drama has peaked a lot of interest, however it has the ability to fall as fast as it rose. If we can reach out to GREE and Mark about these issues, maybe we can repair some of the damage done, while creating a place for gangs to be exactly that. Maybe then we wouldn't have to call people "cowards" or out them on forum because it is the only way of "winning" a war.

But they say a mind works well when your forced to be creative and ingenious. Mark if you're reading, whatever came of that clan communication poll you made some time ago? I know the AMA is over, but this would be a good time to interject with your observations.Shut down CK!!

Boom
07-16-2012, 08:09 PM
People are making stupid threads about CK blah blah. It just gets annoying. Eh whatever a games a game.

WinkadInk
07-16-2012, 09:01 PM
You have a typo in ur thread title, progression was mispelled, I think u meant games regression

Dreno33
07-16-2012, 09:03 PM
You have a typo in ur thread title, progression was mispelled, I think u meant games regression

whether its progressing in quality or not, it is progressing through time. the title is just fine