PDA

View Full Version : Ally Count

Lordsloss
07-15-2012, 09:33 PM
I see a lot of people on here talking about lowering their ally count in order to help them in some ways, and raising it for others. My question is, what should an ally count be? I have almost 600, but I was thinking about deleting some, but I don't know who to keep and who to not. I'm just confused as to how lowering it can help you if allies bring units into battle and raise your stats. Also, does it help to lower the count during these boss battles. So much info and this number seems to be important in certain aspects of the game. Thanks.

Level 131

Attack 70,000ish
Defense 60,000ish

JMC
07-15-2012, 09:43 PM
lowering helps you take less casualties. You have the glitch so it doesn't really matter.

Lordsloss
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
lowering helps you take less casualties. You have the glitch so it doesn't really matter.Is that it? Why do people drop allies to beat bosses?

Arizona
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Is that it? Why do people drop allies to beat bosses?
They don't. Or I don't believe they do. This boss event rewards you if you have high stats for your level. Nothing else. Most people have increased allies during a boss event as they see an increase in damage done, regardless if it lowers ur unit density or makes you weaker overall.
I looked through the poll of how many bosses can you beat. All the players who only beat a few bosses I think had low ally counts but high unit density. Maybe there's an ideal attack number for each level and if you hit it, bingo you kill lotsa bosses.
I'm just trying to up my attack without adding allies for now and see if it helps me in future boss events.
Also excluding boss events, low allies keeps you of the radar and let's you build up high cash amounts without being hit. Well it did till they messed with the list. Can't be sure now if low ally players are advantaged.

JMC
07-16-2012, 04:52 PM
They don't. Or I don't believe they do. This boss event rewards you if you have high stats for your level. Nothing else. Most people have increased allies during a boss event as they see an increase in damage done, regardless if it lowers ur unit density or makes you weaker overall.
I looked through the poll of how many bosses can you beat. All the players who only beat a few bosses I think had low ally counts but high unit density. Maybe there's an ideal attack number for each level and if you hit it, bingo you kill lotsa bosses.
I'm just trying to up my attack without adding allies for now and see if it helps me in future boss events.
Also excluding boss events, low allies keeps you of the radar and let's you build up high cash amounts without being hit. Well it did till they messed with the list. Can't be sure now if low ally players are advantaged.

I was only able to kill 6 bosses with 119K attack. The people with few kills are the higher levels.

MaverickMunkey
07-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Can't be sure now if low ally players are advantaged.

Nope - I dropped allies as i was gettign crucified. I still am but now by players with 200+ more allies than me so am just going to increase again and carry on playing as I was until the game is no longer any fun.

Poopenshire
07-16-2012, 05:13 PM
I went from 430 to 230. My stats did drop Alot but my rival list stayed the same ar level 120. It benefits me more to be near max allies as way fewer people can even touch me.

Arizona
07-16-2012, 05:36 PM
I was only able to kill 6 bosses with 119K attack. The people with few kills are the higher levels.
Yeah I did notice you were one player I was surprised to see with a low kill count. I just recall players names I saw had low ally counts and were low kill counts too...cept for you! Can't explain these events for certain, just what I recall.
I'm going to try and buy as many Stealth Bombers as I can and see if it makes a difference in a future event, and see if I cannot level up so I have some comparison

Lordsloss
07-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah I did notice you were one player I was surprised to see with a low kill count. I just recall players names I saw had low ally counts and were low kill counts too...cept for you! Can't explain these events for certain, just what I recall.
I'm going to try and buy as many Stealth Bombers as I can and see if it makes a difference in a future event, and see if I cannot level up so I have some comparisonWell, I have a 70,000 attack and I only got 8 bosses down. I could not beat boss 9 without using gold, which I refused. I want to drop allies and become stronger with less allies. I wish it told me what my attack and defense was without allies. Since I have low casualties, I might do it. Don't really care about my win/loss ratio. Will dropping to like 200 allies make me less possible to being attacked? Also, if I delete people, do I delete low level players or what? Thanks.

procsyzarc
07-16-2012, 06:36 PM
I was at 350 allies and where losing good units almost every fight to the point my stats where decreasing faster than I could replenish and would have ultimately ended up with my army being whipped out. Since I have dropped to 150 allies and can stay on top of losses and if I pick my targets rather than attacking everyone I can keep almost zero losses

Q Raider
07-16-2012, 08:35 PM
I was at 350 allies and where losing good units almost every fight to the point my stats where decreasing faster than I could replenish and would have ultimately ended up with my army being whipped out. Since I have dropped to 150 allies and can stay on top of losses and if I pick my targets rather than attacking everyone I can keep almost zero losses

Maintaining your stats is one factor, the other that has become more apparent to me above level 130 is the number of "lazy" players. This "style" of player (as a point, they are almost exclusively one's having ridiculously high Valor density which could not be achieved nor sustained by those with normal casualty rates) finds a target and just unloads 20 hits on them, not for unvaulted cash or as raids on uncollected buildings, it is obviously just for Battle Points and perhaps Valor.

It is little wonder that there are long term complaints with the high end Rivals list if this form of behaviour has been ongoing, kind of a "self fulfilling prophecy" concept operating.

Typically this type of attack tends to be far more damaging than someone doing one or two and moving on. Obviously for the player attacked it then becomes a far more onerous task to recover, particularly as the Valor missions tend to dry up so lost Valor units are extremely difficult to replace. Enough people employing this "tactic" and it is perfectly understandable that reducing the ally count is a legitimate response (call it a tactical withdrawal).

I have had seven such players in the past week or so doing this. Five of them have desisted because they now lose continually as I managed to build up my defence stats regardless of their endeavours. However the remaining two are still around and have stats sufficient to be around for quite a while (I do not expect to get to 1860 odd Super Hornets nor 800 EAD's let alone having both at the same time :rolleyes:).

Currently I am able to use stored Valor to replace lost units and can still slowly increase my stats but with the Valor missions coming to an end (finished the last degradation mission), this is not a long term solution. For the present I will continue with my progression to 500 allies plan, however, as a logical precaution I have also determined a "tactical withdrawal" point based on my stored Valor.

If it is reached I have a plan to lower my ally count to around 200. My attack would still be in the mid 40's so I am sure I will still be able to achieve in the game. It may actually be more fun at a lower count as there are probably many more players operating down at those ally counts who have a more sensible attitude to the game in general than the type of player I described above. And so a plan for Vengeance would commence...:cool:

And for the record, if I am going for unvaulted cash or raiding uncollected buildings I don't check the players casualties, that's THEIR problem for being "careless". If I am hitting for Valor Goals, BP's or mission goals I DO check their casualties. If they drop a high stat unit, I move on and let them recover, sometimes I only get one tap, sometimes I can get a few, occasionally I too can unload a full 20 hits, however they would not have lost high value units for me to have done this. It is the best way I can think of ensuring that people will still be around for me to visit at a later time.

Vballmadam
07-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Lordsloss i am the same level as you and i dropped from over 1060 to 498. It did not benefit me. My stats plumeted and most at level 131 had stats as high if not better than me. I also met 4special ops players with ridiculous stats - over 245000. I am now at 505 and feel comfortable. I have a bigger pool to draw from as well.

It might work out different for you - especially since you have a glitch. I say try it and you can always add back. I dropped people with stats below 10000. Good luck!

Vballmadam
07-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Q

When do valor missions stop? Also what do you feel is adequate backup? I also feel you need plenty to replenish your lost. I want to be prepared. Thanks

lewis2s
07-17-2012, 12:52 AM
i think that the valour missions are dependant on your allie count. In saying that, my valour missions are still ongoing but have stalled at 499 allies. I just have to win more battles each time. Before the allie count would go up but its just staying at 499 for some reason.

manbeast
07-17-2012, 12:56 AM
Had the same thing happen to me when I made this thread:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32073-Critical-change-needed-for-PVP

I've been in pretty long/drawn out wars with low cas. glitchers. Somehow, they are able to raid me, with a 50% success rate, even though my def. is 20k higher than their atk.

During those wars, I lost a heck of a lot of units. about 150 military ambulances, 50 mine launchers, 50 stealth frigates. And the glitchers kept building up their valor units. one had 700 GIGN's and another had 600 SF's.

The most annoying part is that those wars were during events, so the glitchers kept on taking my boxes and I would have to get them back.

Q Raider
07-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Q

When do valor missions stop? Also what do you feel is adequate backup? I also feel you need plenty to replenish your lost. I want to be prepared. Thanks

You will always get a Valor mission after you level up, however it gets to the point where the chase costs more than the return unless you are able to find very weak opponents and effectively farm them.

The degradation missions finish at 498 or more allies. Think it was number 200. The "win xxx against people with yyy allies without losing" also finishes when it comes to the 498 ally count. There is a third onw which last I remember was win 46 battles in a row. Again that is getting to the point where the risk reward factor comes into play.

As for an adequate backup, I've picked 80k as mine. Originally I did have it higher at 120k but went overboard in trying to work out the Elite event characteristics:rolleyes: and bought a heap of "Turkey brand EAD's" which have a bad habit of falling over whenever they hear a big noise (just like Turkeys in a thunder storm). Entirely unsuited to the battlefield so as they die off I am replacing them with the much sturdier Stealth Frigates. I am not too far from ranking up so there is another 10k there to play with and dropping the ally count down effectively means my Valor will travel much further giving me time to replace it with high end cash items and cover the slightly reduced attack stats by picking upa few decent loot items.

Hivesy
07-17-2012, 04:46 AM
Couple of points:

Players don't drop allies for boss events, its the other way round. I normally sit at 50 - 80 allies depending on what units I want to bring to battle, and also because the game is much easier down here :)

However during a boss event I spend a little gold and VIP myself, that way I ally up to 300 ish overnight. It helps me kill about 4 or 5 more bosses. 10 gold for 5 gold units? Bargain. I then drop down again after the event.

@ JMC - are you still a free player big guy? At 119k A I can't do the maths to work out what units you would have. Even 2000 x stealth planes doesn't do it. Thow in some event prizes and you might be there I suppose. Or do the figures you quote include bonuses?

Joker Six Two
07-17-2012, 06:44 AM
I honestly don't see what the problem is in having a large number of allies and being more visible on a rivals list is... If you vault your cash and spend the rest on units, then your attackers won't have anything to take...

Q Raider
07-17-2012, 07:10 AM
I honestly don't see what the problem is in having a large number of allies and being more visible on a rivals list is... If you vault your cash and spend the rest on units, then your attackers won't have anything to take...

I guess you are not in the open territory then;) (Level 130-200)
They are chasing Battle Points, basically the stronger the opponent, the bigger the points. Some players never lose units in a battle therefore they just find someone and dump twenty hits in succession on them to get the big points.

An offshoot of these players attacking is that your losses are higher than they would normally be and they are almost exclusively Valor units. On several occasions now I have lost seven Valor units in a single event.

It takes quite a while to recover that amount of lost Valor, and you have no chance when those attacks become repetitive.

Joker Six Two
07-17-2012, 02:23 PM
I guess you are not in the open territory then;) (Level 130-200)
They are chasing Battle Points, basically the stronger the opponent, the bigger the points. Some players never lose units in a battle therefore they just find someone and dump twenty hits in succession on them to get the big points.

An offshoot of these players attacking is that your losses are higher than they would normally be and they are almost exclusively Valor units. On several occasions now I have lost seven Valor units in a single event.

It takes quite a while to recover that amount of lost Valor, and you have no chance when those attacks become repetitive.

Ah. I see. Thanks for enlightening me, I just broke level 60, so I have a good ways to go until 130 and beyond.