PDA

View Full Version : Purging lower units?

Vedder
07-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Is the only way to purge your lower level troops is to pvp and hope they get smoked?

The_Red
07-15-2012, 04:20 PM
they don't get used when replaced with better ones, so why does it matter....

Hapl0
07-15-2012, 06:06 PM
It's as Red said, just let them be.

echus14
07-15-2012, 08:33 PM
There have been references to "meat shields" in previous posts, which I understand to mean having some degree of less effective and less costly unit mixed in with your attacking/defending force so that they take the "hit". Is this correct? And if so, does it really work (outside of a case where all your attacking or defending forces are homogeneous)? From what I've seen, which unit takes the hit seems largely random ... which has been a cause of upset to players like Lord Moore.

Addyman
07-16-2012, 03:29 AM
There have been references to "meat shields" in previous posts, which I understand to mean having some degree of less effective and less costly unit mixed in with your attacking/defending force so that they take the "hit". Is this correct? And if so, does it really work (outside of a case where all your attacking or defending forces are homogeneous)? From what I've seen, which unit takes the hit seems largely random ... which has been a cause of upset to players like Lord Moore.

I haven't used the meat shield tactic in KA as I am currently focusing on getting my defence to full strength before building up my attack further but I use it in MW and tend to use Snipers as meat shield and at least 90% of the time my snipers are the units lost. I occasionally lose a better unit but not often. Snipers are 10K each so easy to add another 100 or so when needed.

Lord Moore
07-16-2012, 11:34 AM
I haven't used the meat shield tactic in KA as I am currently focusing on getting my defence to full strength before building up my attack further but I use it in MW and tend to use Snipers as meat shield and at least 90% of the time my snipers are the units lost. I occasionally lose a better unit but not often. Snipers are 10K each so easy to add another 100 or so when needed.

Good luck with the meat shield approach in KA. As others that have played the other Funzio games have stated, casualty in KA does not appear to work the same as MW or CC. There is a simple fix for this, sell a gem building that significantly augments the healing temple. Those of us that prefer PvP over PvE will buy that building.

Vedder
07-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Hmmm, let me rephrase my question... Let's just say for kicks, I am maxed out at 1,000 units. But out of those 1,000 units, I have 50 Foot Soliders. I battle another player and I lose 2 Foot Soliers so now I am at 998 total units. Can I replace those two Foot Soldiers that were wiped out in battle with say two High Priests? If yes, is the only way to get rid of lower level units like Foot Soldiers through death in pvp battle?

Lord Moore
07-16-2012, 12:44 PM
As you said will work. As long as the unts you are adding, for attack purposes, have a higher A value. For defense purposes, then it's a higher D value. Also, reducing the number of allies will reduce the number of units you bring into battle....the lower A valued units will be "dropped" first (for attack purposes)...but not "deleted".

The_Red
07-16-2012, 12:52 PM
you can own more units than 1100.

You will never be rid of low units as every PvP you have will get you some crap unit you will never be able to use. When you get over the max - the junkier units sit on the sidelines. You could have 100000 foot soldiers and they'll never participate.