PDA

View Full Version : No casualty glitch

Speed ump
07-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Intresetd in finding out some things about this. Do you have it. When did you first notice it? Did you always have it? Did it seem to show up at some major milestone, such as a certain level, achieving all gold status, etc.

CAPT.GIN
07-15-2012, 12:09 PM
I really think I have it but not 100% sure... I can do 50 pvp's or raids and not lose a single unit.....

Ryans67
07-15-2012, 02:41 PM
If you think you have it, go find someone with stats similar to yours and attack/raid them. I don't lose units often, but a lot of people I run into have significantly weaker stats. Once I find someone close, I lose them often.

manbeast
07-15-2012, 03:01 PM
i do not have it lol

i have the BDF, bs heli, and lvl 6 infirmary (total 34% casualty reduction)

earlier today i was looking for boxes and attacked someone with 2k defense, only 254 units, I lost 5 units!!!!! valuable ones at that. mine launcher, 2 bio warfare troops, 2 super hornets. in other words i lost $750k and 700 valor.

procsyzarc
07-15-2012, 03:10 PM
I used to lose a special ops helicopter (600 Valor) pretty much every fight and often in raids which was killing me so dropped down to 150 allies and now losses can almost be sustained. Although I did have someone that must have had the glitch (or was stupid) attack me nonstop yesterday till I was too beat up even though he 10k less attack than my defence he won about one in five for $300k a pop, without the glitch there is no way this would be worthwhile as he should have been losing at least 2 units every attack but with the glitch it’s an easy $6m

Lordsloss
07-15-2012, 03:13 PM
I have it, I noticed it after I stopped doing PvP missions and focused entirely on PvE for about twenty or so levels. I was around level 110 when I noticed I wasn't losing any units in battle. I lose one maybe ever 100 attacks and lately it has been worthless units i don't even care about anymore. I lost a tree sniper alst time, had no idea i borught those to battle...hahaha I don't think I do which is what is wierd.

Level 131

Attack 70,000ish
Defense 60,000ish

Alliance like 590

Why do you ask? Want me to be a pirtate? If so PM me! I can raid and attack someone and lose 20 times because I don't care. I never lose units :p

bbprofitz
07-15-2012, 05:17 PM
i've always wondered... if you have the glitch, and transfer your game (from iPad to iPhone for example), do you keep the glitch? anybody with the glitch tried this out?

SeqWins
07-15-2012, 05:26 PM
/\ Glitcher

Ryan5100
07-15-2012, 05:29 PM
/\ GlitcherI was thinking the same thing he prob wants to transfer his game and not lose the glitch

Agent Orange
07-15-2012, 07:18 PM
i've always wondered... if you have the glitch, and transfer your game (from iPad to iPhone for example), do you keep the glitch? anybody with the glitch tried this out?

I guess you have to ask yourself. Is the glitch in the app or on the server. If app then yup you are screwed if it's on the server a transfer wouldn't make any difference.

Lordsloss
07-15-2012, 07:45 PM
i've always wondered... if you have the glitch, and transfer your game (from iPad to iPhone for example), do you keep the glitch? anybody with the glitch tried this out?I want to try this, but I'm just so scared to lose it :o lol

bushobama
07-15-2012, 08:11 PM
i do not have it lol

i have the BDF, bs heli, and lvl 6 infirmary (total 34% casualty reduction)

earlier today i was looking for boxes and attacked someone with 2k defense, only 254 units, I lost 5 units!!!!! valuable ones at that. mine launcher, 2 bio warfare troops, 2 super hornets. in other words i lost $750k and 700 valor.
is it just me or do those mine launchers (very low casualty rate) drop like flies!!!???? I was excited when I unlocked them recently but man those are an expensive "low" casualty unit..

bushobama
07-15-2012, 08:12 PM
I was thinking the same thing he prob wants to transfer his game and not lose the glitch
masterful work detective..

JMC
07-15-2012, 08:43 PM
I think most people that got the glitch, got it around the same time. What triggers it, so far nothing has been consistent to each person with the glitch.

Lordsloss
07-15-2012, 09:24 PM
I think most people that got the glitch, got it around the same time. What triggers it, so far nothing has been consistent to each person with the glitch.We all play Modern War... The ball is in your court now :rolleyes:

azy
07-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Based on my own experience of attacking other players and looking through the attack result, I believe that more than half the players have low casualties. Is it possible the glitch is actually to experience huge losses?

Of course, given the berating and ridicule often poured on those players openly admitting to experiencing low losses, it's not altogether surprising that solid data does not exist on the topic. We are still a ways off from a thorough study...

Poopenshire
07-15-2012, 11:31 PM
Please see my commnets in the list of pirates thread

CasualPlayer
07-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Well I have it. I don't really abuse it though by hitting people so they lose units (not my style).
I wouldn't want to lose a battle and it affect my stats as only lost approx 200 fights out of about 14,000. Think I always had low casualties but now can go 100+ fights safe in the knowledge I will only lose 1 or 2 units. Have a lot of gold units in my army, own approx 2 thirds of all bonus units however in don't think this has anything to do with not losing units. Had the infirmary and accidentally sold it but glad I did as it had absolutely no affect whatsoever.

Populouspapa
07-16-2012, 03:40 AM
The more gold units you have the less causulities youll have, but that is not the glitch, glitchers "never" lose a unit..

Big John
07-16-2012, 03:49 AM
CC Mark says some players are just lucky and there's some math going on, see post 360 AMA CC forum.

Hivesy
07-16-2012, 04:06 AM
Yeah I'm not sure there is a 'glitch' as such, I think there are some factors in play that we don't fully understand. I change ally count quite a bit and I find that has a HUGE effect on my casualties. When I play at < 50 allies I get virtually no deaths. I can attack people much weaker or also similar strength to me and I hardly lose any units. I mean I can empty my stamina bar of 20 4 or 5 times and not lose a single unit.

When I ally up for events or such like I find that the higher I go the more casualties I have. During the boss events when I max out at 300 or more allies I lose a SH every single attack. Because at higher ally levels I also bring my high casulaty rate infantry in to battle as well (Bio Warfare Troop etc) I also lose them like mad. I don't mind losing my meat shields, that's the point, but I lose at least one decent unit every attack.

I've done this up and down ally count a few times and I can confirm that it's not a one off, it absolutely effects casualties more than anything else I've come across. Common sense says the more units you take to battle the bigger chance you have of losing something but I seem to lose Low, medium and highs in almost equal numbers.

azy
07-16-2012, 07:08 AM
The more gold units you have the less causulities youll have, but that is not the glitch, glitchers "never" lose a unit..

Populouspapa, I can only surmise that you also experience low, I mean no casualty. Otherwise, how would you know? Are you talking from a place of knowledge or are you guessing? I'm just trying to point out the difference between a solid data point and hearsay/rumors.

Miner
07-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Seems to me like your odds of losing units increases with the strength of the opponent you're attacking/raiding. I'll burn through my rivals list and get 30-50 BPs per attack and not loose much if anything at all. Then I'll hit someone and get 150 BPs and lose a couple units. In my opinion, that's how it should be though. If I attack someone with 1/10 my stats,I shouldn't lose much. If I attack someone with defense stats close to or higher than my attack, then it should be a blood bath.

Ascent
07-16-2012, 03:04 PM
Seems to me like your odds of losing units increases with the strength of the opponent you're attacking/raiding. I'll burn through my rivals list and get 30-50 BPs per attack and not loose much if anything at all. Then I'll hit someone and get 150 BPs and lose a couple units. In my opinion, that's how it should be though. If I attack someone with 1/10 my stats,I shouldn't lose much. If I attack someone with defense stats close to or higher than my attack, then it should be a blood bath.

I respectfully disagree :)

I have a "high casualty glitch", the only time it ever happens to me that maybe in a fight or two out of 20 I do NOT lose any units is when I am beating up someone with 150 total units left... even then, I lose 1 or 2 units on average. Otherwise I lose 3 or 5 units regularly with every shot fired. I am level 131 with 497 allies.

And I think it SHOULD be like this for everyone. I actually feel the challenge to earn enough money every day to support my attacking sprees and to rebuild my defenses as well. It IS FUN.

You all whine about losing units as if this game was collecting sets of stamps.

The way I see it is this: you have renewable resources (energy and IPH) you decide what to sped it on or invest it in. You spend it on troops -> you can convert the troops into XP and loot and Valor -> you can convert these into unlocking buildings, buying valor units, gaining rank, etc.

If you do not want to convert them into these things, then dont fight... but you all whine about "Oh I want my shiny army to exist forever" for what??? as a display? The army is a tool, use it.

My attack stats are only 20,000 which is ridiculously low for my level. But I spend half my daily income on replenishing the troops to be able to fight. That's what makes this a game for me... to find the means to be able to afford to do what I want to do.

But hey, if you just want to collect stuff, it's your choice... be my guest.

Dr. Dengus
07-16-2012, 03:17 PM

I've noticed this too. I can limit my casualties when doing valor missions by purposefully looking for targets that have most likely quit the game (ie: having way less units than he/she is allowed to bring to battle). I'm not sure about the reasoning behind this, maybe my army stops getting checked after my opponent has had their limited army checked? Because I can attack someone closer to my stats/army count and lose 1-3 units per battle.

Q Raider
07-16-2012, 04:03 PM
I would just like a level playing field when it comes to the casualty aspect.

When attacking I expect to lose units, and at a higher rate than the defender, that is not the issue.

The issue has several points.
If I attack a player who appears to have the low casualty factor in play two things appear consistent.
1. My losses are higher than expected, where I expect to lose one unit, it is two, where two it is three.
2. The units that are lost are from the upper tier (primarily Valor) as distinct from being either a spread or the high casualty units I have as shields.

When being attacked by a low casualty player, my losses are extremely high for a defending player and again, are predominantly Valor units, I lose six to seven Valor units to every primary shield unit I have. A couple have been coming along and unloading 20 hits chasing BP's mainly I think. Some lose several times in the initial attacks but as they never lose units they can just keep going till they end up winning the last dozen attacks as I suffered losses and they didn't.

I believe it would actually be less interesting to have this advantage. The one's that do typically have poorly constructed armies and weak base strategies as compared to other players.

Speed ump
07-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Pop,feel free to transfer your game. I bet you have updated the game. That means you deleted the game first to fot it, no chsnge. I have transfered games of both types, no change. Wih my msin hame, if i by highest value valor units to be above my lowest gold, i can lose ten or twenty on raiding just one player. I look like a popcorn machine. If i was not all gold, the only way i wold be able to play would be to never attack, mske myself as low profile as posible to avoid being attacked. When i am, be pleasant and never lip off. Thank god im all gold.lol

Jhoemel
07-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Pop,feel free to transfer your game. I bet you have updated the game. That means you deleted the game first to fot it, no chsnge. I have transfered games of both types, no change. Wih my msin hame, if i by highest value valor units to be above my lowest gold, i can lose ten or twenty on raiding just one player. I look like a popcorn machine. If i was not all gold, the only way i wold be able to play would be to never attack, mske myself as low profile as posible to avoid being attacked. When i am, be pleasant and never lip off. Thank god im all gold.lol

Hahahaha, this made me laugh speed

Kiss Of Death
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM
I respectfully disagree :)

I have a "high casualty glitch", the only time it ever happens to me that maybe in a fight or two out of 20 I do NOT lose any units is when I am beating up someone with 150 total units left... even then, I lose 1 or 2 units on average. Otherwise I lose 3 or 5 units regularly with every shot fired. I am level 131 with 497 allies.

And I think it SHOULD be like this for everyone. I actually feel the challenge to earn enough money every day to support my attacking sprees and to rebuild my defenses as well. It IS FUN.

You all whine about losing units as if this game was collecting sets of stamps.

The way I see it is this: you have renewable resources (energy and IPH) you decide what to sped it on or invest it in. You spend it on troops -> you can convert the troops into XP and loot and Valor -> you can convert these into unlocking buildings, buying valor units, gaining rank, etc.

If you do not want to convert them into these things, then dont fight... but you all whine about "Oh I want my shiny army to exist forever" for what??? as a display? The army is a tool, use it.

My attack stats are only 20,000 which is ridiculously low for my level. But I spend half my daily income on replenishing the troops to be able to fight. That's what makes this a game for me... to find the means to be able to afford to do what I want to do.

But hey, if you just want to collect stuff, it's your choice... be my guest.

Here Here.

The higher the level, the expected is bigger armies, no doubt calcs are more harsh. Even with over 300 gold / event units I still get huge losses now at my level (high 90's or something) and as you say mostly Valor units.... but looking at the enemy I notice it's my ships the most I lose against (especially UK) players who have a lot of counter units with ... you guessed it.. strong against sea... and when I look at inventories of players where I seem to always lose mostly ground units... low and behold a big chunk of their army has strong against ground units hitting me...

You just can't attack anyone and not expect to get hurt... if you play properly you should be raiding and looking at their inventory... have a piece of paper with the nastiest units that affect you in particular (i.e. when a large number of your units in battle are vulnerable to a particular strong against) and make a smart choice... pick on someone else...

Its a war game... cas is expected... big armies (big levels) big losses and.. bigger bunches of strong against hitting you back too.

I guess the system is geared so that groups can't pick on someone as much. It stops or reduces bullying by a group who expect to eradicate someones entire force without taking serious damage to do so... except very very strong gold players who lets face it... are paying crazy money to not have to 'replenish' units... they paid for it so if you want to to... go for it.

As kitty says... this is how it should be... if its an issue then play more events to win as many free indestructible as you can as often as you can, or spend some money on some crates and flesh out some of your force with undying units.

Q Raider
07-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Here Here.

The higher the level, the expected is bigger armies, no doubt calcs are more harsh. Even with over 300 gold / event units I still get huge losses now at my level (high 90's or something) and as you say mostly Valor units.... but looking at the enemy I notice it's my ships the most I lose against (especially UK) players who have a lot of counter units with ... you guessed it.. strong against sea... and when I look at inventories of players where I seem to always lose mostly ground units... low and behold a big chunk of their army has strong against ground units hitting me...

You just can't attack anyone and not expect to get hurt... if you play properly you should be raiding and looking at their inventory... have a piece of paper with the nastiest units that affect you in particular (i.e. when a large number of your units in battle are vulnerable to a particular strong against) and make a smart choice... pick on someone else...

Its a war game... cas is expected... big armies (big levels) big losses and.. bigger bunches of strong against hitting you back too.

I guess the system is geared so that groups can't pick on someone as much. It stops or reduces bullying by a group who expect to eradicate someones entire force without taking serious damage to do so... except very very strong gold players who lets face it... are paying crazy money to not have to 'replenish' units... they paid for it so if you want to to... go for it.

Those statements reflect the "normal" aspects of the game and I agree, it is as it should be.

I cannot remember when I last made an attack, lost it, and came away without losing at least one unit.
When I set out on a "run" now it is usually with around 4mil minimum as my "backup" to cover attack losses, when that drops to around 1mil then it's time to stop...

In defence I use a pretty heavily "Strong against" unit strategy with over 600 such units in the defence makeup. Indications as to it being effective is seeing players with raw stats 15k over my boosted defence losing on consecutive attempts. Many stop at that point, a few will have another go, you know when they are a player who loses units as there is never a third attack.

Full Gold players aside, there are a significant number of players who can attack without fear of this occurring. Their "strategy" is essentially a "god mode" gameplay where they blast away knowing that eventually your defences will suffer and they will start winning. Get a group of those guys onto a single person and their stats are going to plummet.

And as the development team have repeatedly stated there is no "glitch" then the other answer is that it is a programmed and planned aspect of the game....be nice to know that once "caught" it could also be "lost".....