PDA

View Full Version : Empire Times Presents: J-Rizzi Over & Out! (A Must-Read Farewell)

J-Rizzi
07-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Crime City. A seemingly harmless app on an Iphone, yet an app that contains a complex world within it that people can lose their sanity over. Fake mafias with real fake mafia rivals. Rat catchers whose mission is to scout out rival “rats” and bully them until they are forced to abandon their virtual way of life, with the catchers hoping that eventually all rats will be eliminated (a philosophy eerily similar to that of the Nazis). There are powerful villains who pretend to be your ally, before they betray, hide, reappear, and come back with a vengeance. And let us not forget the currency of GOLD and the power and fortune that comes from obtaining it! But alas, it’s just a game designed for profit just like anything else in life. We all have no obligation to play or pay, yet Crime City thrives, which is why I am so impressed by its financial success.

However, after six months and 130 levels, I have officially ended my reign of terror prowling the streets of Crime City. It’s been real. It’s been fun. But has it all been real fun? Actually, it has, yet I’m indescribably relieved I’ve cracked the addiction because I feel like I gained my life back.

No more Pavlovian lifestyle is a huge weight off my shoulders. No more subconscious alarm clock waking me up hourly at night to open a safe/chest/garbage can for some pixilation reward. No more making my 12/24/48 collections when I’m out with family, in a business meeting or in the bedroom. No more obsessing over what to farm or how much time I put into attacking versus robbing or how to spend my respect or which building to upgrade next or what rival is threatening me on my wall. No more half-attentively watching TV with my wife or playing with my kids when I’m really lurking around an Alex’s hood. I’m so happy those days are behind me now.

I can’t say it was just one thing that caused me to shut it down for good, but ever since I rebelled against making my collection Thursday night I new I had this game beat. I wasn’t going to care how much fake currency I lost or who did it and I’ve had the best sleep in a long time over the last two nights – something I never could have pictured happening during a CC event!

It was a mix of things that’s caused me to finally end this game. Ironically, I just bought my first night club and regretted it immediately as I knew 6-hour buildings are not for me. I rob constantly, but hate to get robbed, so I always collected my $200K IPH economy on time. A little too late I realized the night club would leave me vulnerable at night and my enemies would finally get that satisfying feeling of revenge.

I have also become disenchanted not just with the increased frequency of events, but also with these new formats that certainly require gold to get that super-item with magical abilities. Now that obtaining that last prize was no longer a possibility for me, my motivation to open the app to play the event was eliminated and just seeing the event there irritated me.

What probably played the biggest role in my CC retirement, was that I have just started a new job, which happens to be a huge career move for me and I really want to excel at it -- and I can’t have that distraction of having Crime City on my phone, tempting me to open it just to loot some rival every few minutes, which always turns into 15 minutes, which then turns into whenever my stamina runs out, but “oh, no! it didn’t run out because I just leveled and now I have to use up another 100 bullets so as to not waste the replenished stamina!”

So it’s upward and onward for J-Rizzi. And just like the higher ups at the real world job I left who won’t lose any sleep over losing me despite my making them a ton of money over the last eight years, I’m sure the higher ups at Gree won’t lose any sleep over me leaving either.

The only people who lose sleep anyway are the Crime City players, right? On that note, I won’t keep you forum folks reading any longer, as most of you have chests to open. I thank you all for making the Crime City experience more interesting and I wish you the best of luck in the real world keeping those shards out of your back!

Be well,

J-Rizzi
Level 130 (cleverly disguised as J-Rizzle :cool:)
$209,185 IPH
18,828 Fights Won
2,589 Fights Lost
29,568 Robberies Won
3,579 Robberies Lost
28,003 attack
27,745 defense
Night Club Owner
Crime City Winner

montecore
07-14-2012, 10:01 PM
Ok, so we'll see you tomorrow.

PawnXIIX
07-14-2012, 10:02 PM
Don't know who you are but congrats on your victory :P

G Wiz
07-14-2012, 10:07 PM
Very classy outro Rizzi. I hope you do well on your career move and big congrats to your winning the game, as we have so cleverly come to call it.

Let us know what outside looks like :)

PawnXIIX
07-14-2012, 10:10 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/joker.gif

Bea
07-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Well done for winning the game and good luck in your new job. Sounds like RL will be much improved. Big up!

ShawnBB
07-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Dude, amazing post. take care on the new life.
I never rob people and my stamina stays full 99% of the time...
The new event released me which is fantastic.

but my problem is
I would give up everything once my fresh lvl2 night club is waiting for me to collect:( or even wedding chapel sometimes.

i need muney
07-14-2012, 11:36 PM
...open it just to loot some rival every few minutes, which always turns into 15 minutes, which then turns into whenever my stamina runs out, but “oh, no! it didn’t run out because I just leveled and now I have to use up another 100 bullets so as to not waste the replenished stamina!"
I feel you! :D

Paulio
07-15-2012, 12:01 AM
I remember you from some months back as a rival, and you were a worthy adversary. Yours has been the best post I have ever read on the forum. As a family man and as a businessman, so much of it rings true for me. One day, I'm certain I will follow in your footsteps for the same reasons.

In the meantime, I'm keeping it Cold and gearing up for war.

Nudie
07-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Bye Dude. Let us know if you return as many have. :p

PawnXIIX
07-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Promise me that if you come back that you tell us what life is like...on the other side D:

Also I heard...well. I'll let my friend here tell you about what I learned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-LnP3uraDo

p19759
07-15-2012, 07:25 AM
Promise me that if you come back that you tell us what life is like...on the other side

+1... all the best.

Plux
07-15-2012, 07:52 AM
When you're bored, chucking the newspaper to the side, nothing of interest, flicking through the channels, nothing on, you'll look at your phone, remember the joy of getting that Laundromatte to level 2. Thinking of that time when that Pizza parlour will dish that $24 I need to upgrade it to level 3 and wondering, I'll just have a little go, see who's who, what's changed and you'll see us, saying hi and asking how you've been. Enjoy you're spare time, but it's there to return too always.
Plux

nytelock
07-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Hell return trust me.

Swifty
07-15-2012, 08:51 AM
@OP

Best wishes to you.

jobadass
07-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Good luck in life and the new job J.
Side note, I missed collecting my two Office bldgs by a minute reading this post, and someone robbed both of them.
Off for revenge

mxz
07-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Great post, man.

Plumbernick9
07-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Crime City. A seemingly harmless app on an Iphone, yet an app that contains a complex world within it that people can lose their sanity over. Fake mafias with real fake mafia rivals. Rat catchers whose mission is to scout out rival “rats” and bully them until they are forced to abandon their virtual way of life, with the catchers hoping that eventually all rats will be eliminated (a philosophy eerily similar to that of the Nazis). There are powerful villains who pretend to be your ally, before they betray, hide, reappear, and come back with a vengeance. And let us not forget the currency of GOLD and the power and fortune that comes from obtaining it! But alas, it’s just a game designed for profit just like anything else in life. We all have no obligation to play or pay, yet Crime City thrives, which is why I am so impressed by its financial success.

However, after six months and 130 levels, I have officially ended my reign of terror prowling the streets of Crime City. It’s been real. It’s been fun. But has it all been real fun? Actually, it has, yet I’m indescribably relieved I’ve cracked the addiction because I feel like I gained my life back.

No more Pavlovian lifestyle is a huge weight off my shoulders. No more subconscious alarm clock waking me up hourly at night to open a safe/chest/garbage can for some pixilation reward. No more making my 12/24/48 collections when I’m out with family, in a business meeting or in the bedroom. No more obsessing over what to farm or how much time I put into attacking versus robbing or how to spend my respect or which building to upgrade next or what rival is threatening me on my wall. No more half-attentively watching TV with my wife or playing with my kids when I’m really lurking around an Alex’s hood. I’m so happy those days are behind me now.

I can’t say it was just one thing that caused me to shut it down for good, but ever since I rebelled against making my collection Thursday night I new I had this game beat. I wasn’t going to care how much fake currency I lost or who did it and I’ve had the best sleep in a long time over the last two nights – something I never could have pictured happening during a CC event!

It was a mix of things that’s caused me to finally end this game. Ironically, I just bought my first night club and regretted it immediately as I knew 6-hour buildings are not for me. I rob constantly, but hate to get robbed, so I always collected my $200K IPH economy on time. A little too late I realized the night club would leave me vulnerable at night and my enemies would finally get that satisfying feeling of revenge.

I have also become disenchanted not just with the increased frequency of events, but also with these new formats that certainly require gold to get that super-item with magical abilities. Now that obtaining that last prize was no longer a possibility for me, my motivation to open the app to play the event was eliminated and just seeing the event there irritated me.

What probably played the biggest role in my CC retirement, was that I have just started a new job, which happens to be a huge career move for me and I really want to excel at it -- and I can’t have that distraction of having Crime City on my phone, tempting me to open it just to loot some rival every few minutes, which always turns into 15 minutes, which then turns into whenever my stamina runs out, but “oh, no! it didn’t run out because I just leveled and now I have to use up another 100 bullets so as to not waste the replenished stamina!”

So it’s upward and onward for J-Rizzi. And just like the higher ups at the real world job I left who won’t lose any sleep over losing me despite my making them a ton of money over the last eight years, I’m sure the higher ups at Gree won’t lose any sleep over me leaving either.

The only people who lose sleep anyway are the Crime City players, right? On that note, I won’t keep you forum folks reading any longer, as most of you have chests to open. I thank you all for making the Crime City experience more interesting and I wish you the best of luck in the real world keeping those shards out of your back!

Be well,

J-Rizzi
Level 130 (cleverly disguised as J-Rizzle :cool:)
$209,185 IPH
18,828 Fights Won
2,589 Fights Lost
29,568 Robberies Won
3,579 Robberies Lost
28,003 attack
27,745 defense
Night Club Owner
Crime City Winner
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy339/plumbernick9/21nlkdt.gif

J-Rizzi
07-15-2012, 06:47 PM
@ Montecore: Yes, you are seeing me "tomorrow", but not in-game. I will visit the forum until this thread peters out.

@ G Wiz: Thanks for the props. I’ve followed you on this forum and I think it’s cool you’ve found your niche for having fun with Crime City. As for what the outside look like… I hosted my twin’s 4-year birthday party at my house today. I hooked my Iphone up to a portable speaker for 4 hours worth of streaming music. Missing 4 chest opens in the middle of the day would have been unheard of during my C.C. days.

@ PawnXiiX: Thanks for the congrats. The Joker clap really makes me LOL.

@ Bea & p19759: Thanks for the best wishes at my new job.

@ ShawnBB: Thanks for the compliments. I’ve enjoyed our chats in the past. Enjoy C.C. If it still brings you joy, then you’re not ready to leave.

@ I need muney: that quote you highlighted basically sums up the foundation of my addiction.

@ Paulio: I’m surprised you remember me as I know exactly who you are in-game. At times I read your wall when I saw you. I respected your comments toward me and was comfortable with the way you handled yourself – you found your way of having fun in-game, but never crossed the line of disrespect. Hearing you say that my post had been the best post you have ever read on the forum is the ultimate compliment. I hear you when you say your “closing time” with C.C. will come, but it’s not there yet. You’ll just know when the time is right for you. The whole thing happened for me in a matter of days.

@Nudie & Swifty: I remember you guys back from the days when I just joined the forum. Swifty commented on my confusion as to what the heck this rusty M4A1 gun was I had just farmed. Apparently, that news was 6 hours old, but I was the last one to know. Haha.

@ Plux & nytelock: I know you think I’m coming back. But I’m done. I know what’s best for me and I’m happy the way I went out.

@jobadass: I’m sorry about your buildings! The old me wouldn’t sleep til I got revenge!

@mxz: Glad you enjoyed! I hope everyone does!

Max Power
07-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Godspeed Riz!

Lars
07-16-2012, 05:42 AM
Excellent description, J-Rizzi.

Farewell!

Rodimus
07-16-2012, 07:32 AM
That is by far the BEST outro I've ready on here. 10 out of 10!!!

Joe Brown1
07-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Great farewell! Good luck with the new job and if the CC DTs set in and you need a fix - the forum will be here for you:cool:

Crime City Mark
07-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Good luck with the new job. Your account will be waiting if you want it back.