PDA

View Full Version : The royal navy

Jhoemel
07-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Well i dont know if its true thats why Im posting it here...

Someone attacked me and posted in my wall that the royal navy isnt what it is. He said that the royal navy is also the pirates... i didnt understand why would he do that if that was true.

What do you think guys?

Ryan5100
07-14-2012, 07:42 PM
I've seen something like this on one of my allies walls who is around level 175. So but I think it said something about they don't like the pirates.

Poopenshire
07-14-2012, 07:43 PM
Some Royal Navy used fo be pirates or very nearly close fo being. I believe there are some overlapping memberships between members. It is discussed in the latest Pirate thread.

War Priest
07-14-2012, 07:43 PM
That is a contradiction. :rolleyes:

bigflan
07-14-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm part of the royal navy hence why I hate pirates

SeqWins
07-14-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm starting my own Army, it's called Team Sexey......Requirements you need to be Sergeant Major rank in PVP and you must have LVL 10's Supply Depots no Nanos allowed!

Ryan5100
07-14-2012, 07:48 PM
This is what was posted on his wall there were a few other messages but I guess they don't like the pirates. Also someone on this forum posted it but I won't say names unless they say it was them. There was a few other members spamming his wall saying the royal navy
if you tag along with pirates and fight with them, you are considered a pirate in our book.

Jhoemel
07-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Heres the message:

Okay, I'm going to be honest with everyone.*
No need to keep lying and deceiving everyone.*
First of all, the group you people refer to as pirates, well that ain't our real name.*
We like to be known as THE BROTHERHOOD.*
But, if you wanna call us pirates, no problem.*

Now, here comes the good stuff, the juicy stuff.*
Aren't you glad you kept reading?
Stay with me, focus, because here's our reveal.*

The group you idiots call, Royal Navy, well; that's us THE BROTHERHOOD.*
We psyched you idiots, again!
There ain't no group called, Royal Navy.*
The Royal Navy is just THE BROTHERHOOD members psyching you dummies out, again!!!

We made up all that nonsense about ourselves fighting The Royal Navy.*
Okay, I'll bottom line it for you lip readers.*
You all know me, I'm the player, formerly known as

But, I'm also one of The Royal Navy characters.*
This is more bread and circuses for you lot.*
Ain't this theatre of the mind great?
Well, enjoy, we'll play on a little bit longer.*
Can you guess which Royal Navy dummy I'm playing?

LOL.*
You just been punked by THE BROTHERHOOD.

Poopenshire
07-14-2012, 07:56 PM
Regardless. There is something going on up there. multiple walls show it and so do win loss number. I have been monitoring them for a few days and something happened. whether its a royal Navy or just something else doesn't matter.

Poopenshire
07-14-2012, 08:04 PM
I have seen some posts about a group called DEATHDEALERS. Not sure if its a real group or not but I saw few walls with warnings about attacking that base.

Jhoemel
07-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Regardless. There is something going on up there. multiple walls show it and so do win loss number. I have been monitoring them for a few days and something happened. whether its a royal Navy or just something else doesn't matter.

Yeah you are right about that poop. Something is brewing up here and i was in here too so I need to be careful. I just hope wdigeorge or speedump can comment on this matter if this is true

Ryans67
07-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Can't these guys go back to Warcraft to get their role playing fix?

Poopenshire
07-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Yeah. The last thing anyone would want to do is impersonate General Insane or any other member. Either way Hellstorm got ripped apart and people he aligned with are fighting with Pirates.

Poopenshire
07-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Also too that post contradicts the post on boards for months with the Pirate United Nation warnings.

Jhoemel
07-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Yeah, we need wdigeorge and speedump's input to clear this matter up

Speed ump
07-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Guys, I'm going to have to leave that unclear for the time being. Hi flan, do you really hate me. I don't hate you. I think someone could make a mint if they started a pirate gossip magazine in here.lol. I will give you the answer to the question everyone has been thinking. And no, we don't put our pants on one leg at a time. We put them on just one leg, the other one is a peg.lol.

Warfiend
07-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Psychological Operations.

"Believe half of what you see and nothing that you hear." - Edgar Allen Poe

Too funny.

Speed ump
07-14-2012, 11:24 PM
So true war fiend.

whackueddie
07-15-2012, 02:44 AM
In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

They want you, they want you
They want you as a new recruit

If you like adventure*
Don't you wait to enter
The recruiting office fast
Don't you hesitate
There is no need to wait
They're signing up new seamen fast
Maybe you are too young
To join up today
Bout don't you worry 'bout a thing
For I'm sure there will be
Always a good navy
Protecting the land and sea

In the navy
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy
Yes, you can put your mind at ease
In the navy
Come on now, people, make a stand
In the navy, in the navy
Can't you see we need a hand
In the navy
Come on, protect the motherland
In the navy
Come on and join your fellow man
In the navy
Come on people, and make a stand
In the navy, in the navy, in the navy (in the navy)

Who me?

But, but but I'm afraid of water.
Hey, hey look
Man, I get seasick even watchin' it on TV!

They want you, they want you in the navy

Oh my goodness.
What am I gonna do in a submarine?

They want you, they want you in the navy

whackueddie
07-15-2012, 03:22 AM
whackueddie would go! wellll, except I am afraid of water, I do get seasick and rumor has it
that pirates be about!

Poopenshire
07-15-2012, 05:49 AM
Whack, would old lead bottom be in charge here. Maybe Fuji? I get a very distinct feel for McHales Navy by your description.

Agent Orange
07-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Sadly this latest 'conflict' might be the only thing keeping this game from turning into a fresh steaming......

Folks seem to miss the irony, wanted to say pun here. The Royal Navy were probably worse than the pirates they were engaging.

Poopenshire
07-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Guys, I'm going to have to leave that unclear for the time being.

This sounds almost like an infiltration. Especially given what whackueddie is insinuating and given the potential targets i would believe is necessary.

War Priest
07-15-2012, 08:50 AM
Guys, I'm going to have to leave that unclear for the time being. Hi flan, do you really hate me. I don't hate you. I think someone could make a mint if they started a pirate gossip magazine in here.lol. I will give you the answer to the question everyone has been thinking. And no, we don't put our pants on one leg at a time. We put them on just one leg, the other one is a peg.lol.

Why? Is it so top secret...? :eek: Remember it's a game, not CIA intel.

Speed ump
07-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Love the song whack.

44mag
07-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Well i dont know if its true thats why Im posting it here...

Someone attacked me and posted in my wall that the royal navy isnt what it is. He said that the royal navy is also the pirates... i didnt understand why would he do that if that was true.

What do you think guys?

Jhoemel;
I have seen this post on a few players walls. It appears that the Royal Navy (the brotherhood) is headed by a player named Alex, he has a first mate named Man Bear Pig...not sure what these guys are doing fighting among themselves all the time. They appear to be creating a false game within the game.

It also appears that the player known as AU Boycott is trying to get these guys to stop the "in fighting" and return to the Team known as the brotherhood.

It's complicated, its hard to follow the Royal Navy as they sail the Seven Seas of MW!

Mcdoc
07-17-2012, 07:16 PM
The scenario I have seen play out according to posts on the Sugar Walls looks like this:

Somewhere along the way GoldenChild21 was ousted from the Pirates for some unnamed misbehavior. GC21 then posted on many walls about his "unfair" treatment and called on a few Pirates to separate from the PUN and his biggest bud is ManBearPig. GC21 Then began recruiting anyone he came across with decent stats - including me to fight against the PUN.

Then I got a post on my wall from AU Boycott saying he attacked me because GC21 Asked him to attack me and was paying Pirates with $100 I-tunes cards to attack GC21 allies instead of attacking him. Here is the exact post:

"GoldenChild21 has identified YOU as one of his loyal and trusted allies.*Why is that relevant?In the interest of FULL DISCLOSURE, Goldenchild21 paid for this hit.*He's offering a $100 iTunes card for each hit we do against his allies, and not*to hit him. You see, he's concerned that his stats don't go down, but he doesn'tgive a spit about yours. What a great ally, he pays his enemies to hit his friends.*Whadya gonna do, huh?"

I was suspect when I first saw this message - and now that you guys are calling out the "Brotherhood" & their Illuminati Puppet Master tactics - I'm not sure what to believe - nor does it really effect my game as I can totally play and completely avoid the prickly porcupines involved in this drama :)

Again . . . . This was just my observation.

I actually think it would be very cool if some Forumites banded together a "Special Ops" Force for coordinated attacks against foul mouthed & annoying Grafiiti about winning 500 Gold - and whatever else is deemed worthy of a visit from the Forum Patriots. Just a different aspect to the game to add our own missions and give PvP a new purpose beyond random BP from random Rivals. The trick would be that we are all on SO many different tiers of Rivals - but that could logistically be part of the fun to coordinate.

Just a thought.

Blackstone
07-17-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm up for a forum "special ops" clan.

Jhoemel
07-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Jhoemel;
I have seen this post on a few players walls. It appears that the Royal Navy (the brotherhood) is headed by a player named Alex, he has a first mate named Man Bear Pig...not sure what these guys are doing fighting among themselves all the time. They appear to be creating a false game within the game.

It also appears that the player known as AU Boycott is trying to get these guys to stop the "in fighting" and return to the Team known as the brotherhood.

It's complicated, its hard to follow the Royal Navy as they sail the Seven Seas of MW!

I see now i understand

@mcdoc
Im cool with that idea, lets do that

JMC
07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
You guys get confused, start speculating and usually it's pretty entertaining to see what you guys come up with. That's what's going on.

ManBearPig191
07-17-2012, 08:52 PM
The scenario I have seen play out according to posts on the Sugar Walls looks like this:

Somewhere along the way GoldenChild21 was ousted from the Pirates for some unnamed misbehavior. GC21 then posted on many walls about his "unfair" treatment and called on a few Pirates to separate from the PUN and his biggest bud is ManBearPig. GC21 Then began recruiting anyone he came across with decent stats - including me to fight against the PUN.

Then I got a post on my wall from AU Boycott saying he attacked me because GC21 Asked him to attack me and was paying Pirates with $100 I-tunes cards to attack GC21 allies instead of attacking him. Here is the exact post:

"GoldenChild21 has identified YOU as one of his loyal and trusted allies.*Why is that relevant?In the interest of FULL DISCLOSURE, Goldenchild21 paid for this hit.*He's offering a $100 iTunes card for each hit we do against his allies, and not*to hit him. You see, he's concerned that his stats don't go down, but he doesn'tgive a spit about yours. What a great ally, he pays his enemies to hit his friends.*Whadya gonna do, huh?"

I was suspect when I first saw this message - and now that you guys are calling out the "Brotherhood" & their Illuminati Puppet Master tactics - I'm not sure what to believe - nor does it really effect my game as I can totally play and completely avoid the prickly porcupines involved in this drama :)

Again . . . . This was just my observation.

I actually think it would be very cool if some Forumites banded together a "Special Ops" Force for coordinated attacks against foul mouthed & annoying Grafiiti about winning 500 Gold - and whatever else is deemed worthy of a visit from the Forum Patriots. Just a different aspect to the game to add our own missions and give PvP a new purpose beyond random BP from random Rivals. The trick would be that we are all on SO many different tiers of Rivals - but that could logistically be part of the fun to coordinate.

Just a thought.

Pretty close but here is what happened (unbiased):

Gc21 was kicked out of pun and recruited myself, manbearpig, and a handful of others as allies to form the golden alliance. Pirates started attacking him and then all of us so we went to war with them.

The rest of us disbanded from gc21 for a truce with the pirates. The truce held 4-5 days until pirates attacked us hard and we all went back into war, formed the royal navy, and recruited gc21 into our group.

The posts regarding itunes gift cards and about the brotherhood are all made up by general insane aka au boycott to stir the pot and get people to scratch their heads i think. The royal navy is not part of the pirates or ever want to be.

I think we have been in this current war for 1-2 weeks? And i don't think it will end. 4 pirates have left the group (most due to internal conflict with au boycott) because they weren't obeying orders.

There's the story, pretty basic i think. I do feel like part of a soap opera reading the forum though. Lol

-->FISH<--
07-17-2012, 08:59 PM
More like a Scott Baio after school special.....

whackueddie
07-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Young man, there's no need to feel down
I said young man, pick yourself off the ground
I said young man, 'cause your in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy

Young man, there's a place you can go
I said young man, when you're short on your dough
You can stay there and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time

It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A
They have everything for young men to enjoy
You can hang out with all the boys

It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.
You can get yourself clean you can have a good meal
You can do whatever you feel

Young man, are you listening to me
I said young man, what do you wanna be
I said young man, you can make real your dreams
But you've got to know this one thing

No man does it all by himself
I said young man, put your pride on the shelf
And just go there to the Y.M.C.A.
I'm sure they can help you today

Young Man, I was once in your shoes
I said I was, down and out with the blues
I felt no man cared if I were alive
I felt the whole world was so jive

That's when someone came up to me
And said young man take a walk up the street
There's a place there called the Y.M.C.A.
They can start you back on your way

Young man, young man there's no need to feel down
Young man, young man pick yourself off the ground

Y.M.C.A. and just go to the Y.M.C.A

whackueddie
07-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Cheer up MPG...the sun will come out tomorrow?

whackueddie
07-17-2012, 09:29 PM
oops...MBP...same thing

CAPT.GIN
07-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Young man, there's no need to feel down
I said young man, pick yourself off the ground
I said young man, 'cause your in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy

Young man, there's a place you can go
I said young man, when you're short on your dough
You can stay there and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time

Young man, are you listening to me
I said young man, what do you wanna be
I said young man, you can make real your dreams
But you've got to know this one thing

No man does it all by himself
I said young man, put your pride on the shelf
And just go there to the Y.M.C.A.
I'm sure they can help you today

Young Man, I was once in your shoes
I said I was, down and out with the blues
I felt no man cared if I were alive
I felt the whole world was so jive

That's when someone came up to me
And said young man take a walk up the street
There's a place there called the Y.M.C.A.
They can start you back on your way

Young man, young man there's no need to feel down
Young man, young man pick yourself off the ground

Y.M.C.A. and just go to the Y.M.C.A

Haha that was pretty funny new guy...

Speed ump
07-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Thats an intresting story mbp. Theres even some amount of truth in it, some.Ive found though that people wont post the parts that dont put them in a good light. Maybe someday youll be willing to share it all with us. As many know, ill share the good, the bad, and the ugly, when i do share. I dont feel the need to sugarcoat things. People cant think what they want about it, either way.

Speed ump
07-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Jmc is right. I do enjoy reading how the story turns out in here. I might even get a few ideas if i read sny good plot twists and turns.lol

whackueddie
07-18-2012, 03:04 AM
Well written speedy! Nice spin MBP. When and how did GC21 catch that nasty piggy glitchy
cold? During the truce? At the YMCA? What were you and GC21 doing during the truce?
Playing ping pong? Drinking POWERADE? Your reply unbiased? My iased!

whackueddie
07-18-2012, 04:03 AM
Just caught this...."Gc21 was kicked out of pun and recruited myself, manbearpig, and a handful of others"
Thought the writing was a tad smoother than MBP's....Hello Alex aka Sim...the third and most powerful
Member of RNR...no not royal navy rules as gc21 likes to shriek ...royal navy rats...the rest of the RNR
Is inconsequential ...interesting how the big three all have the piggly wiggly glitchy! Oh oh oh...just got
It...a bit slow...how else could RNR POSSIBLY put up any fight against the MASSIVE firepower of the pirates.
In an attempt to remain unbiased ...it is possible that MBP was referring to himself and Alex didn't write it.
I just get so confused with all of this tomfoolery and shenanigans ...not a writer or a hacker..just a simple
WHACKER!

Agent Orange
07-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Fyi when Funzio bans a player they change the name to Alex but I always wondered what they did with it after that.....

Poopenshire
07-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Could a person change their name to hide who they are/were and what they did?

Jhoemel
07-18-2012, 07:58 AM

I think they can, just change the name and flag and delete all wall post and you're like a different player

Poopenshire
07-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Why would anyone want to change who they are and hide their history. Seems rather underhanded and sneaky, almost like they were really playing to play but to manipulate those playing.

Agent Orange
07-18-2012, 08:09 AM

You can use gold to change your flag, appearantly you can change your in game name by contacting support.

Agent Orange
07-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Why would anyone want to change who they are and hide their history. Seems rather underhanded and sneaky, almost like they were really playing to play but to manipulate those playing.

That would be the most logical reason other than creating another player but then it should take some time to level it up...... Hmmmm......

whackueddie
07-18-2012, 09:57 AM
WOW there must be a lot of Alex's! That might be a good name to hide in!

Agent Orange
07-18-2012, 10:13 AM
WOW there must be a lot of Alex's! That might be a good name to hide in!

Would be a clever strategy eh. ;)

Jp lfs
07-18-2012, 10:30 AM

The player who threatened to trace my account through his friends at Gree, so he could come to my house and kill my family received a one week suspension. (He also posted a lot of profanity.) When he came back, he changed his flag, avatar, and rearranged his base. He also deleted his wall. His name is the same, but it is a very common one. If he hadn't been on my newsfeed, I probably would not have recognized him after the changes.

Poopenshire
07-18-2012, 10:40 AM
The player who threatened to trace my account through his friends at Gree, so he could come to my house and kill my family received a one week suspension. (He also posted a lot of profanity.) When he came back, he changed his flag, avatar, and rearranged his base. He also deleted his wall. His name is the same, but it is a very common one. If he hadn't been on my newsfeed, I probably would not have recognized him after the changes.

That is just down right disturbing. I cannot believe that could happen. I mean i could understand it, just can't believe someone is that stupid.

Mcdoc
07-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Well I am glad that I wasn't totally off on what I had concluded from all the wall posts I had read. I keep forgetting that General Insane changed his name to AU Boycott (which I believe AU is the Periodic Table name for Gold). I am curious then if AU is still one of the Top Pirates calling the shots?

As The World Turns - these are the Days of Our Lives :)

Jhoemel
07-18-2012, 06:00 PM
That is just down right disturbing. I cannot believe that could happen. I mean i could understand it, just can't believe someone is that stupid.

Yeah its just a game. We should not take it personally

ManBearPig191
07-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah its just a game. We should not take it personally

Amen to that. If i took it personally i would be playing a different game. I love the disruption to the pirates we have caused and will continue to cause. It is a little disturbing how pirates slant my views and twist them to try to control the forum but again..... So are the days of our lives. Lol. Hopefully we will be able to stop our fighting and fight for the main cause on what started the pirates (i think) and what the royal navy stands for in regards to abusive, racist, or threatening players in the game if we ever see the need arise.

Warfiend
07-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Hopefully we will be able to stop our fighting and fight for the main cause on what started the pirates (i think) and what the royal navy stands for in regards to abusive, racist, or threatening players in the game if we ever see the need arise.

And then a group would form to challenge both your groups. All of this has happened before, all of it will happen again and again and again.

Whenever some assume authority, others will oppose it. Whenever some try to rule, others try to over throw.

It is just a game, but it is a game played by humans and shaped by human nature. It does not matter how benevolent the objectives are of those who just want to "bring order to the galaxy", when people perceive a ruling authority over themselves that they had no say in either forming or being under their jurisdiction, they are resistant to it. They often can rationalize support of it, but the first reaction is to resist.

Every group that forms with an intent to administer governance on other players in the game, will experience resistance, regardless of how good their intentions are. Human nature will see to it.

And thus was the road to hell paved with the good intentions of the righteous and the just. But the wicked found great entertainment in it all and began helping in the work. The righteous believed they had converted them(the wicked who helped them build the road to hell) to the work of heaven, but it was they who had been converted to the work of hell and they knew it not.

:D

ucantwin1
07-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Speaking of people forming groups/ cliques, I ran into a few players on my LL account (50's) calling themselves the "doctors" or " notorious Doctors". All flying the Iranian flag and apparently talking a lot of smack to their victims. Seemed comical to me but they,re spending gold and headhunting.

whackueddie
07-18-2012, 08:39 PM
MBP, fighting for the main cause is what me and the boys do....(when we aren't counting
Benjamin's that is)..I would like to see the RN join the pirates in that endeavor ...YOUR
alliance can start by leaving innocent women and children out of the fight...I have screen
shots for any who are interested..ie. Great Ape and True Gemini...not a pirate myself but
YOU tell me how I slanted that one!

Lordsloss
07-24-2012, 05:29 PM
I want to join a group of miscreants. Someone invite me!

Poopenshire
07-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the fight shell. The only problem is the fight is with the wrong group. Pirates and RN both need to help us in the forum fight against Funzio. The engineers and Producers/Product Managers are nerfing the game and sending plants to distract and drive up revenues. That is not a joke. There are admitted funzio employees on gold heavy and no casualty accounts faking events and causing disdain at the upper levels. Some Pirates and RN are aware and are working to uncover the employees and employee friends. We need to initiate a ceasefire and begin to coordinate our efforts to fit the game.

Speed ump
07-24-2012, 06:25 PM
War fiend, resistance is good, but futile. We enjoy it, it's what keeps the game intresting. As I have said many times, it's a war game. Seems many guys just don't enjoy being told they can't post some of the things they do. We had one came across today that was one of the worst I have seen so far. Way back before we formed, there were some as bad, but this is the worst in a long time. Also found a few with some racist remarks recently, which we are helping to re- educate so they may become productive members of our society.

Corsair
07-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Welcome to the fight shell. The only problem is the fight is with the wrong group. Pirates and RN both need to help us in the forum fight against Funzio. The engineers and Producers/Product Managers are nerfing the game and sending plants to distract and drive up revenues. That is not a joke. There are admitted funzio employees on gold heavy and no casualty accounts faking events and causing disdain at the upper levels. Some Pirates and RN are aware and are working to uncover the employees and employee friends. We need to initiate a ceasefire and begin to coordinate our efforts to fit the game.Admitted employees vs working to uncover...those are opposites. Which is it? Cause if its the latter, its just another conspiracy theory like the supposed cas glitch. No offense, but I gotta call BS on this unless you name names.

whackueddie
07-25-2012, 02:22 AM
The no casualty glitch has beem proven, shills have been called out and names have been provided...
read back in these threads, keep up, do your homework...

Poopenshire
07-25-2012, 04:02 AM
Corsair, there are a select few few who have come out and admitted who they are. People are in the process of exposing others and trying to make this stop occurring.

General Sir
07-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm she'll I started the Deathdealers we are a small group that started to protect each other from the cyber bulling those parrots are doing we are now allies with mbp and royal navy and that is why you don't see DEATHDEALER tags anymore this caused a lot of my members to jump ship in fear of being attacked by parrots.The parrots know who i am and they attack me daily but in time there will be blood I'm she'll and I am a DEATHDEALER

All I've got to say is wow, this guy thinks a lot of himself and takes this way too seriously.

SeqWins
07-25-2012, 01:05 PM
All I've got to say is wow, this guy thinks a lot of himself and takes this way too seriously.

Says the person who calls himself "SIR".

Arizona
07-25-2012, 01:25 PM

In response to your Sig,

If free players didn't exist you wouldn't be playing Modern War.
I don't pay, so that you can!

General Sir
07-25-2012, 02:30 PM
In response to your Sig,

If free players didn't exist you wouldn't be playing Modern War.
I don't pay, so that you can!

Without free players gold players would still play. Without gold players the developers would not make a product because there would be no profit.

Good day.

Arizona
07-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Without free players gold players would still play. Without gold players the developers would not make a product because there would be no profit.

Good day.
I'm not objecting to gold players.
There also wouldn't be a game without free players. Well perhaps there might be, but how boring would it be and how successful? Anyone that tried to play would soon realise there's no point; no one losing any units; everyone invincible. The only strategy would be to outspend your opponent. At least with free players, you have more opponents to attack, and for us free players we get to plan a game of strategy knowing that we will ultimately be crushed.
Nope, I don't object to gold players spending as much as they like. I'm grateful that because people choose to spend gold, I can choose to play free or pay or not play.
The success of Modern War is the sum of all it's parts. Gold and free, otherwise Funzio would have created a pay only game.

The only thing that F's me off is players having to put into their sigs, petty and niggardly lines such as you have.

You refer to yourself as Sir, then show some nobility and less resentment toward free players.

Wdigeorge
07-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Saigon,

Do I need to point out countless of posts from "free" players flaunting that they are free players and knocking the gold players in every opportunity?

Do a search on the board buddy and you will see there are hundreds of negative references and animosity towards gold players. That to me is disrespectful and rubs me the wrong way. How many gold players have you seen posting on board dissing free players? I don't recall seeing any, if there are, the ratio is probably 100:1 or 1000:1.

What general sir states in his signature line is the truth and he is entitled to his free speech. I have had my signature, similarly worded for much longer, out of frustration of constantly being put down because I am a gold player. I need not repeat the names that have been called and implied.

Where we're you then to stand up for the injustice and be outraged by the "petty and nig......" comments? I won't use the word you use as that can be misunderstood by some as being racist. I will assume you are using it in the less deogatory way as "petty in giving or spending".

The fact is, this can be a paid once game and all "gold" players be on the same playing field and win through strategy, granted the number of players would be less but ther will still be a game.

However, this game cannot survive as a completely FREE game as FUNZIO/GREE do not work for free for your enjoyment. They are a for profit company.

I'm not objecting to gold players.
There also wouldn't be a game without free players. Well perhaps there might be, but how boring would it be and how successful? Anyone that tried to play would soon realise there's no point; no one losing any units; everyone invincible. The only strategy would be to outspend your opponent. At least with free players, you have more opponents to attack, and for us free players we get to plan a game of strategy knowing that we will ultimately be crushed.
Nope, I don't object to gold players spending as much as they like. I'm grateful that because people choose to spend gold, I can choose to play free or pay or not play.
The success of Modern War is the sum of all it's parts. Gold and free, otherwise Funzio would have created a pay only game.

The only thing that F's me off is players having to put into their sigs, petty and niggardly lines such as you have.

You refer to yourself as Sir, then show some nobility and less resentment toward free players.

SeqWins
07-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Saigon,

Do I need to point out countless of posts from "free" players flaunting that they are free players and knocking the gold players in every opportunity?

Please point them out if you insist I would like to see them and I"m sure Saigon wouldn't mind seeing them either

Do a search on the board buddy and you will see there are hundreds of negative references and animosity towards gold players. That to me is disrespectful and rubs me the wrong way. How many gold players have you seen posting on board dissing free players? I don't recall seeing any, if there are, the ratio is probably 100:1 or 1000:1.

What general sir states in his signature line is the truth and he is entitled to his free speech. I have had my signature, similarly worded for much longer, out of frustration of constantly being put down because I am a gold player. I need not repeat the names that have been called and implied.

Whether truth or not it's his opinion just as it's yours and "sir". If you have been called names I'm sure it hasn't been in the forum. WP is a forum regular who happens to spend a lot of gold and he hasn't been mocked by any of us because of it.

Where we're you then to stand up for the injustice and be outraged by the "petty and nig......" comments? I won't use the word you use as that can be misunderstood by some as being racist. I will assume you are using it in the less deogatory way as "petty in giving or spending".

The fact is, this can be a paid once game and all "gold" players be on the same playing field and win through strategy, granted the number of players would be less but ther will still be a game.

However, this game cannot survive as a completely FREE game as FUNZIO/GREE do not work for free for your enjoyment. They are a for profit company.

I agree with you here, but remember the definition of free player is still up in the air..I spend 5 dollars every couple of months yet I'm considered a free player....feel me?Point is some free players still contribute whether TJ or not

Poopenshire
07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Not a free player. I spent money on gold. I have 7 gold buildings a quite a few crate units.

Selfproclaimed
07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
I have spent money but when a gold player says he pays so the free players can play..c'mon now. Don't say it like your doing it for them. Everyone knows there would be no game if someone didn't pay ,but don't act like you pay so others can play for free... That's b.s you pay because you like gold units ... End of story

SeqWins
07-25-2012, 06:05 PM
I have spent money but when a gold player says he pays so the free players can play..c'mon now. Don't say it like your doing it for them. Everyone knows there would be no game if someone didn't pay ,but don't act like you pay so others can play for free... That's b.s you pay because you like gold units ... End of story

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Hey WDIGeorge I'm a Marine so that my fellow Americans can be safe back in the states getting fat off Mcdonals and watching the Kardashians run amok...nah brother i'm a Marine because I like killing people and not go to jail for doing it...

Selfproclaimed
07-25-2012, 06:13 PM
Lol. As long as you get the job done. War is hell. Can't fight em with your hands tied behind your backs

War Priest
07-25-2012, 06:16 PM

Don't know who said that but selfproclaimed is the one speaking the truth.

yukora
07-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Totally agree with selfproclaimed.

Wdigeorge
07-25-2012, 06:45 PM

True. I like gold and I like to win and I have the money for gold so I choose to pay. The comment has to be taken in context of the constant gold player bashing. I added that after debating the gold issue on this forum.

Did I pay out of the goodness of my heart so others may play? No, but that's how the game is structured so that people like me pay so others can enjoy the game.

Seqwins, you're right about the definition has to be defined. If you spent $5, you have paid and contributed to the system. Many paid apps on iTunes are $1-$5 so to me, you're not a free player.

Selfproclaimed
07-25-2012, 06:52 PM
I never understood the gold bashing either. I myself was always one to say ,why would I or anyone spend any real money on an app game. I grew up on console games where the typical amount of $70 when the game came out and maybe 15 for added content. But I have also noticed that mobile platform games are superior to mobile handheld games in this day and age. And he's right,technically ,even if you spend $5 dollars, your not a free player. Some app games charge up front ,whereas others depending on marketing strategy make the app for free and bank on in game purchases.

Q Raider
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
It is all relative, and totally the business of the individual.
$5 to one person could be viewed in the same light as $5000 by another.

The comments (in game and forum) say way more about the people making them than the people they are directed at.

I would rather save my angst for the hackers.....they are the crowd who potentially can stuff things up for the rest of us.

P.S. Wdigeorge.....I think you need to update your siggie stats, those numbers probably only account for your Ground Units.:p

Wdigeorge
07-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Selfproclaimed and others,

I am glad that we are able to be on the same page. Sometimes words taken out of context can be misleading. I am sure general sir's signature isn't intended to put down free players. I know mine isn't intended that way, only to remind those who bashes gold players that this game depends on people like us, no matter if you spent $5 or $50,000. I never have any disrespect for free players and would ask them to show equal respect.

I would much rather have this game be $5 or $50 and we all play and gain strength through skill, determination, wit, luck, and how little we can sleep each night collecting cash/doing boss events/attacking/opening them darn gold boxes....it would have saved me a whole lot of money! lol

I was a free/low gold player until I reached about 60-70k in stats and near the top of my level but was attacked by other heavy gold spenders. I decided not to lose anymore and armed up myself, that started an arms race and got me where I am.

Q raider,

Agreed on the hackers.

I have been lazy on updating my signature.😊 Let's just say that my stats are in the 300+ range now, but I am still the younger brother compare to a few of my pirate mates... Some of you can add a zero to the end of your stats and still be running into a brick wall when you try to attack them. lol

I never understood the gold bashing either. I myself was always one to say ,why would I or anyone spend any real money on an app game. I grew up on console games where the typical amount of $70 when the game came out and maybe 15 for added content. But I have also noticed that mobile platform games are superior to mobile handheld games in this day and age. And he's right,technically ,even if you spend $5 dollars, your not a free player. Some app games charge up front ,whereas others depending on marketing strategy make the app for free and bank on in game purchases.