PDA

View Full Version : depressing gold stories

montecore
07-13-2012, 05:36 PM
My ios account has access to the gold sale and I found a hood somewhat close to my level that I wanted to rob. This is a level 12 account so crates can make a big difference. I bought a stockpile 240 gold and bought three crates. I received three of the common gun. What a waste. I had just over 60 left so I bought three scratchers. I literally "won" 10,000 dollars three times in a row.

Do we have a :facepalm: smiley here? I have never needed one more.

<3 Hz
07-13-2012, 05:42 PM
My ios account has access to the gold sale and I found a hood somewhat close to my level that I wanted to rob. This is a level 12 account so crates can make a big difference. I bought a stockpile 240 gold and bought three crates. I received three of the common gun. What a waste. I had just over 60 left so I bought three scratchers. I literally "won" 10,000 dollars three times in a row.

Do we have a :facepalm: smiley here? I have never needed one more.

That's why I don't buy any of it...junk...all junk. Enhanced bikes and chump change, yay!

Your odds of winning a Powerball or Mega Millions jackpot are probably far greater than winning the scratcher jackpot item.

Uberdork
07-13-2012, 05:43 PM
That's your depressing gold story? You got what you paid for. (see payout percentage) It's always a gamble. Maybe if you bought three more you would hit it big...Lol! I just saw that you live in Vegas.

Kentha
07-13-2012, 05:49 PM
I used to buy some gold now and then, but since this game is starting more and more to scream BUY GOLD, I cant be bothered.... I do wonder why I play a game that dont need skill, just a big wallet...

Tomatoneverdie
07-13-2012, 07:27 PM
I used the Tapjoy gold to buy 2 scratchers and got $1000 back to back....only good thing is I didn't pay for it

Swifty
07-13-2012, 09:40 PM
@OP

Anecdotes like that add something very special to the game experience.

ShawnBB
07-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Keep in mind, if you have limited gold acquiring ability, use them on money buildings.
You want certain stuff to add in, not gamble.

Anything else is for suckers. When something turns into a low chance gamble style, just forget about it.

Aloysius2009
07-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Yup totally agree. Was a free player till i got drunk one day and spent real money in CC.

When i woke up the next day and sober enough to realize that i actually had 6000 additional gold.
Oh well... i had actually bought in 4 Vaults of Gold...

Ever since the changes of event system, this game = WINNERs of EVENT will Be "BIG TIME MONEY SPENDER".

theONE
07-14-2012, 04:34 AM
you fell for funzios gold trick so you deserve to fail

i mean you think funzio would let them lose the MAIN concept that helps them gain your real $$$??

of course not you fool

if you're confused what i mean, well think of it as this, if you could get good stats you don't need anymore gold stuff and thus they don't make money. Gold stuff helps them **** you of real money and crates are even a BETTER way to rip you off, its obvious they won't give you an option to win so easily and obtain good items, then you're forced to buy more gold

i mean you spent ACTUAL $21 on a FREE game?? you deserve to fail, even street fighter volt costs less and that gives you an ENTIRE game you can verse global players

ps crates to rip you off isn't really original, zynga have been doing it for YEARS on MAFIA WARS