PDA

View Full Version : Getting burnt out

Dangerous Dan
07-13-2012, 06:53 AM
I've given some thought into dropping this game due to a loss of interest. I'm sure you all do this from time to time. Same as our jobs. Anyway, what do you all do to change things up and get interested again?

I've tried switching my game play. Some weeks I will just rob. Some I will farm only. Some I will just chill and work on economy.

TRAZ
07-13-2012, 06:54 AM
Just take a complete break from the game and find something else to do for a bit. Hobbies, other than the game that might interest you. Then, when you feel refreshed pick the game back up.

Boom
07-13-2012, 07:01 AM
I stopped for a month but now I'm interested

RijilV
07-13-2012, 09:05 AM
I keep a pretty decent game going of farming, econ building and PVP. Figure once I get my econ in the 1m/hour range I'll switch to farming to doing the stupid map missions just for fun.

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Dangerous Dan

The best thing is to play more than 1 game...

I currently play about 3 games and I've put money into all 3 games...

I find myself sometimes hardcore on CC and other times I won't touch it for a day (just before I go to sleep I'll collect)... mainly because I'm addicted to these other games as well... you need balance... you will find that switching between games you will have more fun... and you will ALWAYS! come back to CC :)

ALSO what helps is don't be toooo OBSESSED with the game... I often take weekends off and barely play the game cause I'm busy... worst case scenario I miss out on a few days of the events...

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-13-2012, 09:08 AM
You have to take a break period

Coco c
07-13-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm working through my goals list right now, including the storyline which I neglected due to farming. I don't find farming very useful or rewarding anymore. You could try that for a while. All the events have pretty much thrown strategy out the window, so you might as well see how many goals you can complete, just for something different.

Bala82
07-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Yeah i don't farm either i only maps whenever event are on, when no event i focus saving money for my upgrade and i have a lot to upgrade. Since event started i noticed i havn'y upgraded anything.

ShawnBB
07-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Yeah i don't farm either i only maps whenever event are on, when no event i focus saving money for my upgrade and i have a lot to upgrade. Since event started i noticed i havn'y upgraded anything.

You have to upgrade something,bala. Upgrade has nothing to do with event...

Nudie
07-13-2012, 10:47 AM
I just come on the forum and post inappropriate stuff. Works for me. :p

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I just come on the forum and post inappropriate stuff. Works for me. :p

There is always that too o_0 lolzz

Dangerous Dan
07-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Ha. All good stuff. lthogh don't think I will pick up another game. I think that they should add something tithe game like the ability to set another rivals building on fire or something more than just attack and rob.

My Problem is that I have taken about a half of a year off of work to spend time with my kids. I find myself getting bored. Work keeps us busy. So I have potty trained my 2yr old and teaching her new words daily. Also going fishing and playing with my 11 year old. In between I mess around with the game. Think I'm gonna slow down on play for a bit. Eventually I will go back to work.

Maybe gree will add some more flavor. Maybe different options than attack and rob. Maybe they will add hookers. That would be cool. Do you guys think that hooking would be an exciting additional he game?

Swifty
07-13-2012, 11:37 AM
I read Nudie's inappropriate stuff.

It spices up the game for me.

Nudie
07-13-2012, 11:39 AM
I read Nudie's inappropriate stuff.

It spices up the game for me.

I love you too Shifty.
Funzio should send me a check for making their boring pointless game more interesting. ;)

jobadass
07-13-2012, 01:49 PM
I've stopped my semi-camp and chasing TL goals. It helps some, but I agree, something interesting needs to happen. I see Gree has put some changes into MW. I've played more in the last two days than ever.

I think if I took a break, I probably wouldn't come back.

The Billionaire
07-13-2012, 02:00 PM
I haven't got to the point where i'm bored of the game and want to take a break although the way Funzio have been acting over the last month is seriously speeding up the process.

I think what i will do is get 5 or 6 buildings to the point where the next upgrade will take 130 hours or so and then just kick off the upgrade and make a note in my phone of when it will finish and not log in again until it finishes and then collect all my money and kick the next upgrade off. If i do that 5 or 6 times it should give me a break of a month or so but at least my economy is still progressing even though i'm not really playing the game.

koralene
07-13-2012, 02:04 PM
I got bored and gave up a game worth thousands. I am still bored and rarely play. I think i play about every couple of days to collect. Take a break for a few days or weeks and then come back and see if that changes. Just play as you want to hun ;)