PDA

View Full Version : Ability to Trade Cash for Gold

Lordsloss
07-12-2012, 01:32 PM
I would like an option to trade some cash in for gold. For example, if I have 15 million in my vault and I have 48 hours left on an upgrade and I would like some gold, maybe there can be an option to trade off some of that money for some gold. I mean if you look at how much is costs to buy gold and cash, a few million in cash should be worth a bunch of gold. Am I right? Anyways what do you guys think?

War Priest
07-12-2012, 01:33 PM
What prices do you have in mind on this?

How much could my 125 million get me for example?

Lordsloss
07-12-2012, 01:36 PM
What prices do you have in mind on this?

How much could my 125 million get me for example?
Absolutely no idea, but seeing as 20 million in cash is worth the same as 1500 gold a lot lol It might be a good way to get lower level people hooked on gold before they realize they can make millions real quick at the higher levels.

Ryans67
07-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Kinda depends on your level. At 107, I get either 1500 gold, or $49 million. I doubt they would ever allow it, gold is the revenue stream. I have actually wished they would allow you do exchange for the opposite, when I need a few million quickly for an upgrade, and am lazy. Thats when I wish I could exchange a few gold for cash if the exchange was fair.

Bronson
07-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Will never happen, why would Funzio shoot the golden goose??

Ryans67
07-12-2012, 01:37 PM
You must be a low level for the cash your getting.... I used to think cash was a ripoff, until I got to later levels and it seemed more fair.

Bronson
07-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Kinda depends on your level. At 107, I get either 1500 gold, or $49 million. I doubt they would ever allow it, gold is the revenue stream. I have actually wished they would allow you do exchange for the opposite, when I need a few million quickly for an upgrade, and am lazy. Thats when I wish I could exchange a few gold for cash if the exchange was fair.

The rate you buy cash goes up with your IPH not your lvl.

War Priest
07-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Yeah, the money you buy depends on your income per hour so it couldn't be determined by that.

By the way, we know Bron. :D

Ryans67
07-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Good info....Makes sense now why it seemed to increase randomly. :cool:

Bronson
07-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, the money you buy depends on your income per hour so it couldn't be determined by that.

By the way, we know Bron. :D

I know you do but the others didn't 😜

War Priest
07-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Good info....Makes sense now why it seemed to increase randomly. :cool:

At 712K IPH, I get like 82M for 99.99.

War Priest
07-12-2012, 01:43 PM
I know you do but the others didn't ��

I meant about GREE never trading cash for gold. They are WAY to CHEAP for that.

Bronson
07-12-2012, 01:44 PM
At 712K IPH, I get like 82M for 99.99.

As if you need it sitting on 110m+ lol

I get just over 60m for 521k IPH

JMC
07-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Probably will never happen, and if it does. The rate will be in no way similar to the cash to gold ratio seen in the gold shop.

Bronson
07-12-2012, 01:46 PM
I meant about GREE never trading cash for gold. They are WAY to CHEAP for that.

Ahh gotcha lol yep gold purchases keeps them with full fridges and massages they ain't giving them up!

Jp lfs
07-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Probably will never happen, and if it does. The rate will be in no way similar to the cash to gold ratio seen in the gold shop.

Love the new sig line, JMC!

Poopenshire
07-12-2012, 02:12 PM
This could all be resolved with better cash units, with higher stats. or more one sided stats to allow for 2 distince armies, 1 for attack and 1 for defense.

Crime City Mark
07-12-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm not exactly against this idea, because it would be a good cash-sink. I've pitched it before, but I'll pitch it again if you're all keen on it.

Bronson
07-12-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm not exactly against this idea, because it would be a good cash-sink. I've pitched it before, but I'll pitch it again if you're all keen on it.

Defo Mark and pitch it good so no drinking the night before!

Poopenshire
07-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Defo Mark and pitch it good so no drinking the night before!

Don't deny a man a good drink. Maybe take the Product Manager out for drink and get him good and drunk to sign off on everything.

Bronson
07-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Don't deny a man a good drink. Maybe take the Product Manager out for drink and get him good and drunk to sign off on everything.

That's a better idea! Take him to Hooters Lololololol

JMC
07-12-2012, 03:05 PM
Hmm, if CCM is pitching the idea maybe there's a chance it could happen. It wouldn't be too much of a cash sink if the rate isn't ridiculous. Maybe something like you Income per hour stat in cash = 1 gold.

Love the new sig line, JMC!

Thanks. Just noticed some imperfections that you can only see when looking at the screen on an angle. Might have to go fix those if i stop being lazy.

scorcher117
07-12-2012, 03:33 PM
I think it would make sense to have 1 gold for $1 million that would make it so that gold would still be worth a lot but it just means that when someone is lvl100+ they have a chance to get low lvl gold units without paying real money.

Thief
07-12-2012, 03:56 PM
The biggest issue i see with trading Cash for gold is "Gold Inflation"

First 20 Million Cash shouldn't buy you 1500 gold. A fair ratio i think would be 10 Million=50-100 Gold Bars. (know i know that free players will hate me for this comment but know i'm that same player and i'll tell you why it's soo steep)

The ability to earn Cash is near unlimited in this game and the longer you play the more each person has access to earn. While the IPH event doesn't support my numbers i would say anyone that has been playing this game for 6 months or more should have a IPH of 250k+. This number will keep growing and by it's nature is fine since Cash can only buy you upgrades to buildings (which get increasingly more expensive or units that will die sooner or later) This keeps inflation a non issue.

However since Gold Represent "REAL MONEY" the gold in the game is limited. Also the purchases you make can be exclusive and "immortal". This makes gold highly desirable. Gold players pay hundreds to even thousands of dollars to play this game and would feel almost cheated if i could spend 20 million cash to get the same of what someone spends $100 "REAL Dollars" to play. However if i had to pay 150-300 million cash then they wouldn't notice nearly as soon. However what would happen is more and more gold would exist. While events, refills and buildings wouldn't have a noticable impact to the game gold Units would. This in turn would make the value of those units in the long run go down in value and 6 months to a year down the road Gree would have to change the Vault size from 1500 gold bars to 2000 gold bars for the same $99. (honestly they already do this anyways by offering better units for the same gold)

Whats the solution? SILVER? WHAT? No seriously. Make a new currency. Silver is what you can convert your Cash into. Silver can be used on Events, Stamina and health refills and buildings (you can set whatever price ratio compared to gold you feel is required. I would reccomend 10 Silver would be the equivalant to 1 gold bar on the items you can purchase with silver as a substitute to gold for thematic reasons and 10 million cash would get you 500-1000 Silver) However you can't buy special units in the game with silver. I would love to be able to buy these units with silver but gree is a compnany that still wants some exclusives for their paying customers. These are the most powerful thing to buy with gold and i think it should stay that way.

On Additional notes you could add some better units that only Silver/gold can buy (not limited editions just more units). You could add a completely different Vault for us to store Silver (Vault Size 10,000?) (gotta give the gold players a new item to attack for) and you could even build a Silver Mine building to produce Silver. This is something you could pitch that would probably get accepted in my eyes.

~Ace
By the way for my idea i need 1500 Gold Bars hahaha

Corsair
07-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Damn good idea Ace. Might be something theyd consider as the game matures. A lot of dev effort though.

I don't see a straight cash to gold conversion. Just seems like one of those cardinal rules for a game like this.

manbeast
07-12-2012, 07:34 PM
i'll propose:

trade $1,000,000 in game cash for 5 gold

i'd be doing that all day. every day.

even if it was 1,000,000 for 1 gold i'd do it

JMC
07-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Value of gold can be measured by time.

1500 gold costs $99.99

Vault of cash which is also $99.99 will give you your income per hour x 120. Meaning it'd save you 120 hours of 100% efficient income.
Pretty sure 1500 gold is worth about 120 hours or so in build time/upgrade times. All i remember is a 1 week vault upgrade costed over a thousand gold to finish instantly.

Going off this 1 gold is worth about 4.8 minutes. Which equates to 12.5 gold an hour.
Obviously the cash to gold trade should be less than this, so i propose maybe 1 hour of cash income be worth like 5 gold.

So if your IPH is 500K, that amount of cash gives you 5 gold.

Should not be a set price for every single person as it'd be far to expensive for some, and far too cheap for others. Something along these lines would work out good.

marebear
07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I like the silver idea. It would keep the gold and the free players happy and expand game play! #winning

Tctiger
07-13-2012, 05:17 AM
so the price of cash in the store changes depending on what iph i have ? i had no idea , cash for gold would be great it would give free players a way of getting gold other than tapjoy and would give the gold players gold for there useless cash too everyones a winner as long as it is not too high , rather then spend 1m cash for 1 gold bar i would just go to tapjoy and get 1 gold bar for free so it would need to make sence .

magepker
07-13-2012, 05:28 AM
I'd prefer gold for cash at a high exchange rate >_<

Thief
07-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Glad to see you guys like the Silver idea.

p19759
07-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I'd prefer gold for cash at a high exchange rate >_<
Yes, keep it simple... things are already complicated enough. Since $38 can buy you 50 gold or 1,250,000. The exchange rate should simply be 1 gold = 25,000. Then no one will send ticket complaining they accidently bought cash instead of gold. They can exchange it within the game themselves. You will have less support tickets!!!

Olly1
07-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Where would that leave PvP attacks? If you could trade cash for gold, the amount of people with excess cash on hand will be very rare. You could even use the converter as a way of protecting your cash! Swap it for gold and then swap it back if you need to spend some cash

How would you get around that? Win gold in attacks? Limit the amount you can convert over a set period of time?