PDA

View Full Version : OT Thread

upsman_17
07-12-2012, 10:49 AM
So, me and my wife are expecting our first baby in about 2 weeks. We still have not settled on a name. It has come down to 2 choices. Both will be utilized as either first/middle name. I have a preference but my wife is the undecided one. Sooooo, looking for some input here if anyone would like to contribute. The choices are:

1) Nash

2) Vincent

The positives of Nash is that it's a stong, unique name. But not stupid unique (like hollywood actor baby names). But she isn't sure bc Nash is 1 syllable and our last name is 1 syllable - so she is not sure about the flow of it. Yeah, I know what your thinking bc I never thought that was an issue before she mentioned it. This is what I am up against here people.

The positives of Vincent is that there are many ways you can shorten it or have nicknames (Vince, Vin, Vincenzo) whereas Nash is just Nash. We both agree though that we would not call him Vinny though - we hate that. But she worries other people will call him Vinny. I like it shortened to Vin. Nobody F's with a Vin.

I came up with both options and she liked them and I do have a preference but I've told her it is her decision. So what do you guys think?

sexkitteh
07-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Vincent Nash sounds better imo....

Dr BoneCrusher
07-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Vicent Nash has a nice ring to it

iteachem
07-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Vincent Nash seems to flow.. Nash Vincent seems choppy to pronounce....

Nyx
07-12-2012, 10:54 AM
I like Vincent Nash too. :)

Philo Beddoe
07-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Vincent Nash for me....out of curiousity though, have you considered Philo? :)

Luciferianism
07-12-2012, 10:58 AM
They are both terrible names. I like the names Andrew, Michael or Satan for a boy. Since you're from New York I'd also suggest Tupac.

Paulio
07-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Vincent Nash. Easy choice

dudeman
07-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Vincent Nash seems pretty cool, but how does it flow with your one syllable last name? i.e.: when he's in big trouble and your wife has to yell at him using all three of his names like a serial killer, will it work?

The pro to having Vincent as the middle name would be if/when you say the full name you'll have one syllable, two syllables, and your one syllable last name.

Nash could always be shortened to "Ash", although it's not exactly necessary.

I think I'm going to go with Nash Vincent.

sexkitteh
07-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Well... grab a 1 syllable last name like Smith and say it: Vincent Nash Smith! :D

It works...

G Wiz
07-12-2012, 11:30 AM
(# of names) x (syllables in names) / (expected birth month #) = Vincent Nash

NotHappyatU
07-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Steve....Nash? Vince...Vaugh?

Max Power
07-12-2012, 11:59 AM
You have to remeber middle names are for angry mothers and driver's licenses, not much else. Do you want to call him Nash, or Vinnie?

I would go with Nash.

Philo Beddoe
07-12-2012, 01:00 PM
You have to remeber middle names are for angry mothers and driver's licenses, not much else. Do you want to call him Nash, or Vinnie?

I would go with Nash.

I still like vincent

sexkitteh
07-12-2012, 01:02 PM
What.... no one remembers Nash Bridges??? BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!

That's all I think of when you say Nash... don johnson lol

Crime City Mark
07-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Agreed for Vincent Nash. Congratulations on the new kid!

Joe Brown1
07-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Contrarian here - I like Nash Vincent - I think Nash is a cool name for a kid. Of course even if you name him Vincent Nash you can still call him Nash. Congratulations!!

upsman_17
07-12-2012, 01:49 PM
What.... no one remembers Nash Bridges??? BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!

That's all I think of when you say Nash... don johnson lol

Nash Bridges huh? You are dating yourself slightly with that one. :) Wasn't Cheech on that show too?

sexkitteh
07-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Nash Bridges huh? You are dating yourself slightly with that one. :) Wasn't Cheech on that show too?

HECK YES!!!!

whaaa... seriously??? no one remembers nash... bridges... ( ._.)

Joe Brown1
07-12-2012, 01:52 PM

Nash Bridges is dating yourself?? I still think of Don Johnson as Miami Vice and check out the captain kirk discussion in the Burger King thread - that's dating yourself. Still like the name Nash

jobadass
07-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I like Nash. If you plan to call him Nash, it should be his 1st name. Don't name him one thing and call him another. My pops is still angry that his parents always called him by his middle name.

Early congrats on the baby! No matter what you name him, I pray he and momma have an easy and healthy delivery and all turns out well.

Get some sleep now, bro.

Dangerous Dan
07-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Nash. Congrats on the new little one. They are a joy.

Boom
07-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Those names are too used why not be creative and call him like zthopralap or something

jobadass
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Those names are too used why not be creative and call him like zthopralap or somethingThat's my real name.

Chester78
07-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Nash Vincent!

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-12-2012, 07:43 PM
Nash Vincent!

Personally I like Barron Nash

Hold on for a wild ride

Joeycool
07-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Nash Vincent!

And Congrats mate! Good luck with it all! ;)

Nudie
07-12-2012, 11:43 PM
Nudie Nash :p
Seriously, Nash
Congrats!

BOS
07-13-2012, 04:23 AM
Vincent Nash, Nash Vincent... either way sounds great :D

Dr Girlfriend
07-13-2012, 05:12 AM

I would go with Nash.

I agree. Nash is a much cooler name. If you're gonna shorten Vincent to Vin, you have the same one syllable problem anyway. Go with the cooler, more unique name. :)

And congrats!

upsman_17
07-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks to everyone for their votes/comments/well wishes. The vote came out pretty much as I had expected it to. Now I will let my wife look at it to see if it helps her make a decision. Even though I still am leaning towards Vincent, this thread actually made me start re-thinking Nash again bc of the uniqueness of it. That and there was a 90's tv show with Nash in the title. Don Johnson and Cheech Marin, can't beat that lineup. :)

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks to everyone for their votes/comments/well wishes. The vote came out pretty much as I had expected it to. Now I will let my wife look at it to see if it helps her make a decision. Even though I still am leaning towards Vincent, this thread actually made me start re-thinking Nash again bc of the uniqueness of it. That and there was a 90's tv show with Nash in the title. Don Johnson and Cheech Marin, can't beat that lineup. :)

That is awesome! I like the name Nash... Not going to lie though... Vincent was a potential name for my son too...

Either way you got a good set of names picked :)