PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it ironic...Black Widow Shotgun

iteachem
07-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Hit a guy last night who had it in his inventory and messaged him saying nice job...

Got a response this morning saying he had no idea where it came, that it just showed up in his inventory one day with +100 Attack...

I am cracking up with how many people really competed to get that and here is someone who really didn't even participate in the event, just did his normal thing..

Duncko
07-12-2012, 06:22 AM
That is one lucky dude!! If i had known, i would had competed to be in his 'predicament' instead.

iteachem
07-12-2012, 06:24 AM
That is one lucky dude!! If i had known, i would had competed to be in his 'predicament' instead.

Yeah, I didn't participate as I figured without timer resets no chance.. Was wrong on that...

dudeman
07-12-2012, 06:24 AM
I just did my normal thing and got it. :)

So I knew about the event prize from being on the forum, but that did not affect my gameplay at all. That's probably also why we haven't seen another PvP tournament since. Too many free giveaways to players who spent nothing and didn't even know what was happening.

iteachem
07-12-2012, 06:25 AM

So I knew about the event from being on the forum, but that did not affect my gameplay at all. That's probably also why we haven't seen another PvP tournament since. Too many free giveaways to players who spent nothing and didn't even know what was happening.

But they did run an income event and I didn't do anything for that and won. They seemed to use it to id cheaters.. think they got anything like that from the Black widow catching people who glitch timer resets or gold by chance...

Maybe that was the purpose

Duncko
07-12-2012, 06:53 AM
This particular event did make me realise something though, that PvP attacks are much more rewarding than robberies because of the item drops...

hinofwars
07-12-2012, 06:56 AM
But they did run an income event and I didn't do anything for that and won. They seemed to use it to id cheaters.. think they got anything like that from the Black widow catching people who glitch timer resets or gold by chance...

Maybe that was the purpose

Agree. Remember they said they found a lot of cheaters, so the prize was given to us late because of that.

sister morphine
07-12-2012, 06:58 AM
Hit a guy last night who had it in his inventory and messaged him saying nice job...

Got a response this morning saying he had no idea where it came, that it just showed up in his inventory one day with +100 Attack...

I am cracking up with how many people really competed to get that and here is someone who really didn't even participate in the event, just did his normal thing..
I had an identical thing happen on my second account. Hit some guy with nothing stats, but with a Black Widow; he claimed he didn't even know it was there, and this was a few weeks after the PvP event. Quite bizarre.

RijilV
07-12-2012, 08:34 AM

Also did the same, I didn't even slow down on the HH rounds where blind attacking does a pretty piss poor job

Paulio
07-12-2012, 09:52 AM
A little off thread here - The Black Widow Shotgun isn't the strongest weapon in my inventory, but it's certainly my favorite because I feel like I earned it. Anyone else feel that way?

dudeman
07-12-2012, 10:54 AM
A little off thread here - The Black Widow Shotgun isn't the strongest weapon in my inventory, but it's certainly my favorite because I feel like I earned it. Anyone else feel that way?

I do for sure! Even more so with the Golden Defense though because it took a long time and some choice decision making to get an economy worthy of the reward, and I'm pretty sure that item is my strongest defense item. Earned rewards are the best, but I am still pretty fond of my lucky 10th item prizes that I got for free. Especially the Loaded Dice because I only used a squirt of Tapjoy gold to get that, and the Crazy Hit'n'Runner that I got with 2 minutes left in the event with zero gold.