PDA

View Full Version : What is the point of the Loot shown under Equipment in 'My Profile'?

Addyman
07-12-2012, 05:06 AM
I've got loads of loot items such as Bear Fur, Shambler Twig, Essence of Set etc. etc. all of which has zero attack and defence points.

What is the point of all this stuff?

Is there any?

Thanks.

Hapl0
07-12-2012, 06:06 AM
It's just for show, i think somebody asked for this and it looks they agreed.

piratehtd
07-12-2012, 02:55 PM
From what it looks like it's the requirements to fight certain monsters during PvE. They aren't used in battle so the 0/0 is there. Maybe it's just so you can keep track of what you have for later monster battles or so you can track where your gold went.

MaverickMunkey
07-12-2012, 03:15 PM
It would be nice if the loot played a part in the game.

Maybe being able to swap 'x' number of one type of loot item for a a special weapon or armour with good stats would be good.

For example: 50 x Malik's Journal for a Tome of Power 21a/17d

or: 50 x Earth Beetle Chitin for a Mutant Beetle Armour 13a/25d.

At least it would give some sort of reason to farm the lower levels.

The_Red
07-12-2012, 03:18 PM

the loot does play a part in the game. The loot given out allowed you to solve a quest earlier on.

MaverickMunkey
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM
the loot does play a part in the game. The loot given out allowed you to solve a quest earlier on.

I appreciate that but I suppose I was thinking more about the loot that you accumulate when mastering the maps to Level 5. For instance, I am mastering the Vault of Set at the moment and have now accumulated 40 'Essence of Set'. If they no longer play a part of the game, it seems a shame to waste a loot drop on something as quintessentially useless as these loot items and not on a weapon or armour no matter what their stats are.

ChaosRules
07-12-2012, 03:33 PM
I agree. Funny, I'm also mastering the Vault of Set and have around the same number of Essence of Set. Damn grave lichs and their useless drops.

I really like your idea of trading in loot items for a piece of weapon or armour, or just selling for a lesser amount of gold. It really doesn't make sense to keep dropping those items once you have the one required for a quest.

Timbathia
07-12-2012, 04:19 PM
I agree. Funny, I'm also mastering the Vault of Set and have around the same number of Essence of Set. Damn grave lichs and their useless drops.

I really like your idea of trading in loot items for a piece of weapon or armour, or just selling for a lesser amount of gold. It really doesn't make sense to keep dropping those items once you have the one required for a quest.

I hope they dont suddenly change it, because while mastering levels I am avoiding all the creatures that drop these useless items.

MaverickMunkey
07-12-2012, 04:30 PM
I hope they dont suddenly change it, because while mastering levels I am avoiding all the creatures that drop these useless items.

I have been getting them off all of the creatures from the troll, lichs, mummies, beetles and golem things.

Timbathia
07-12-2012, 05:34 PM
I have been getting them off all of the creatures from the troll, lichs, mummies, beetles and golem things.

Really, because I am only getting essence of set from the Grave Lich's, and only getting that chitin rubbish off the scarab beetles, etc. From the couple of levels I have been concentrating on mastering at the moment (mainly to bulk up my armor numbers), there is only one creature on the level that is dropping it.

The_Red
07-12-2012, 05:41 PM

-------------------

echus14
07-12-2012, 07:14 PM

Haha ... so many copies ... is that madman Malik publishing his journal or what :p;)

MaverickMunkey
07-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Haha ... so many copies ... is that madman Malik publishing his journal or what :p;)

I've got 88 of the damn things!

Timbathia
07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
I've got 88 of the damn things!

and you cant even read any of them.

Addyman
07-13-2012, 02:23 AM

Maybe being able to swap 'x' number of one type of loot item for a a special weapon or armour with good stats would be good.

or: 50 x Earth Beetle Chitin for a Mutant Beetle Armour 13a/25d.

At least it would give some sort of reason to farm the lower levels.

That's not a bad idea, maybe you would need to combine different loot items together? So x times Essence of Set plux s times journal plus x times ....whatever would allow you to create an item?

There could be a set of items, some armour, some weapons, which specify what materials you need and then you can choose which ones you want to try and gather the items together for to create.

ChaosRules
07-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Really, because I am only getting essence of set from the Grave Lich's, and only getting that chitin rubbish off the scarab beetles, etc. From the couple of levels I have been concentrating on mastering at the moment (mainly to bulk up my armor numbers), there is only one creature on the level that is dropping it.

Same here. Only grave liches for essence of set, only shambling mounds for shambles twigs, only scarab beetles for the beetle chitin.

Musketblade
07-14-2012, 03:41 PM
trade you some hag stones for your shambler twigs

MaverickMunkey
07-14-2012, 06:10 PM
trade you some hag stones for your shambler twigs

Already got too many of them!

MadMaxx61
08-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Lol would be nice to have a use for my 335x Malik's Journals