PDA

View Full Version : "Holy Boxes" - another event...again :eek:

MSH
07-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Another week and another "boxing event" yet again - this time "holy boxes" with nearly game changing prizes for top 50 (apparently the heavy gem spenders left beyond the Top 25 last time were mightily annoyed ;)) and top 250 (another round of bidding war, I guess) with ok, but nothing special give aways for 5, 10, 15 and 20 (although I dont think that 20 is realistically achievable without gems)...

The game is really becoming an auction first and foremost...I understand that it is my right not to participate in the event, but at my levels (100+) a huge proportion of the players would win, at least one of the top prizes, putting me at a serious competitive disadvantage...besides, having an opportunity to rant is also my right here ;)

Anyway, for those who enjoy reasonably engaging and reasonably fair strategy game this might be a time to think of wrapping the whole thing up - strategy is barely there anymore, IMHO...

Nick-Clark1
07-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Yep. I won't be spending any ca$h on this one, no way. GREEd has gotten enough money from me with the last two events. I already feel like an idiot for using ca$h to gain some more fancy pixels on my phone. Oh well, happy bidding everyone

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Another game changing top prize. Are they really trying to wipe this game out for free players?

Hobtuse
07-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Not a fan of such auction events but still free indestructible units. Just do the bare minimum. Don't see anything bad about that if you don't commit so much to it.

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Not a fan of such auction events but still free indestructible units. Just do the bare minimum. Don't see anything bad about that if you don't commit so much to it.

Thats what I will be doing (if I can be bothered) but it seems a shame that the top prize as well as having very high stats (especially for the person who gets the first prize) also reduces the number of allies an opponent brings to battle.

That could be a game changer in the higher levels.

CounterSniper
07-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Another game changing top prize. Are they really trying to wipe this game out for free players?

It goes deeper than that. What they have really done is alienate the moderate gem users. The core financial supporters for their game. The people who werent rich but spent regularly. Now those people are p/ssed off and quitting left and right.

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 09:14 PM
It goes deeper than that. What they have really done is alienate the moderate gem users. The core financial supporters for their game. The people who werent rich but spent regularly. Now those people are p/ssed off and quitting left and right.

That is also happening to the free players. First the light-medium gem players who who, as you said, paid a fair amount of real world cash to get a bit of a heads-up advantage but who now realise that they cannot compete with the ridiculous amounts now being spent. Once they go who are the heavy players going to hit next? The free players who will just get steamrollered no matter how high their IPH or army build is.

For example, as I am writing this one player is already on 21 Gems of Light. Just supposing a 33% chance of getting a gem per box then, due to the number of opens and resets required to get to 21 you are already looking at a £140 ($220) cash drop there and the event has only been going on for 1.5-2 hours.

I am a free player on KA and will continue to be so until I get too high in the levels and get flattened. When it is no longer fun to play I will walk away.

CounterSniper
07-11-2012, 09:25 PM
That is also happening to the free players. First the light-medium gem players who who, as you said, paid a fair amount of real world cash to get a bit of a heads-up advantage but who now realise that they cannot compete with the ridiculous amounts now being spent. Once they go who are the heavy players going to hit next? The free players who will just get steamrollered no matter how high their IPH or army build is.

For example, as I am writing this one player is already on 21 Gems of Light. Just supposing a 33% chance of getting a gem per box then, due to the number of opens and resets required to get to 21 you are already looking at a £140 ($220) cash drop there and the event has only been going on for 1.5-2 hours.

I am a free player on KA and will continue to be so until I get too high in the levels and get flattened. When it is no longer fun to play I will walk away.

I totally relate. I guess my thinking was that funzio doesnt care about free players cuz they get nothing from them and even if they quit the kingdom/base/hood is still there to fill the void. With gem users they lose revenue but are so greedy they dont realize short term increased gain doesnt outweigh long term consistent gain.

I played MW free then CC & KA as a regular buyer. I can verify that the companies shortsighted business model is what drove me to quit all funzio/gree games outright. Looks like i was a little ahead of the curve but i tend to see things coming if you know what i mean.

Plugger
07-11-2012, 09:28 PM
Quite an insight. I'm a free player seriously considering spending $50 on both MW and KA. Now, I have second thoughts? At least if I stay free, I won't have anything holding me back whenever I want to quit.

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I totally relate. I guess my thinking was that funzio doesnt care about free players cuz they get nothing from them and even if they quit the kingdom/base/hood is still there to fill the void. With gem users they lose revenue but are so greedy they dont realize short term increased gain doesnt outweigh long term consistent gain.

I played MW free then CC & KA as a regular buyer. I can verify that the companies shortsighted business model is what drove me to quit all funzio/gree games outright. Looks like i was a little ahead of the curve but i tend to see things coming if you know what i mean.

What I don't understand though is the shortsightedness of ruining the game for free players. Most people didn't start this game thinking 'I'm going to spend £2k on an iPhone/iPad game@, they started off free, spend a few quid, spent abit more then thought 'dammit, I enjoy this game so am going to spend more'. By ruining the game to start with, you start losing these guys right at the start as they think that there is no advantage in starting so far behind.

Aoxoa
07-11-2012, 09:36 PM
There are seriously much better strategy games out there that are free or require a one time purchase of only a few dollars. PM me if you want to know what games I am talking about. I'll even give you my game center name and you can challenge me 1v1.

echus14
07-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Hi Plugger - do consider carefully. Unless you have an oil well of your own somewhere (and so the money is really of no consideration whatsoever), spending real money on this kind of thing when you know it can be better used elsewhere makes no sense whatsoever.

CounterSniper
07-11-2012, 09:40 PM
What I don't understand though is the shortsightedness of ruining the game for free players. Most people didn't start this game thinking 'I'm going to spend £2k on an iPhone/iPad game@, they started off free, spend a few quid, spent abit more then thought 'dammit, I enjoy this game so am going to spend more'. By ruining the game to start with, you start losing these guys right at the start as they think that there is no advantage in starting so far behind.

Absolutely and it makes the anger more real cuz you feel like you are supporting them and as a return favor they take a dump on your head.

Thats exactly how i started out. 100% free on MW and stayed that way for obvious reasons if youve played it.

On CC i also started free and didnt buy gold till level 100ish but then bought at least one vault per sale.

Same for KA, at least one vault per sale, thats at least 160 a month USD that they lost due to greed.

I really cant believe they went this way but I shouldnt be surprised. Oh Well.

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Quite an insight. I'm a free player seriously considering spending $50 on both MW and KA. Now, I have second thoughts? At least if I stay free, I won't have anything holding me back whenever I want to quit.

Hi Plugger - do consider carefully. Unless you have an oil well of your own somewhere (and so the money is really of no consideration whatsoever), spending real money on this kind of thing when you know it can be better used elsewhere makes no sense whatsoever.

I agree with you echus14.$50 will not really get you that far and you will either rue spending the money or be tempted to spend even more. It is best to choose whether to remain a free player or whether you can afford to drop alot of money.

CounterSniper
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM

Before the auctions 50 bucks wouldnt have hurt and would have been a nice contribution to the game developers but now with the auctions 50 bucks is worth like 1 buck in RL. Save it or spend it on a loved one.

asdfg12345
07-11-2012, 09:55 PM
lol funzio getting mad greedy. They sure got balls to do this even though everyone been complaining

Plugger
07-11-2012, 09:58 PM
I agree with you echus14.$50 will not really get you that far and you will either rue spending the money or be tempted to spend even more. It is best to choose whether to remain a free player or whether you can afford to drop alot of money.

I'm not sure what I am going to use it for in KA. In MW however, it is enough to buy one composite factory and enough leftovers to win at least one epic boss event (almost a guarantee that you will win it). But then like you guys said yourselves, staying a free player has its own edge. You can play with less bitterness and just keep playing until it stops being fun anymore.

asdfg12345
07-11-2012, 10:03 PM
I'm not sure what I am going to use it for in KA. In MW however, it is enough to buy one composite factory and enough leftovers to win at least one epic boss event (almost a guarantee that you will win it). But then like you guys said yourselves, staying a free player has its own edge. You can play with less bitterness and just keep playing until it stops being fun anymore.
If you play right as a free player, you wouldnt get owned that often. Most of the big gem spenders are pretty nice and will be your ally if you ask nicely.

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 10:05 PM
You can play with less bitterness and just keep playing until it stops being fun anymore.

This is what I am doing. Enjoy it while it lasts!

marebear
07-11-2012, 10:22 PM
They are ruining this game. Game changing prizes every single week is rediculous. They are alienating modest gem spenders. And treat us like suckers.. The chests of might never change and they are more expensive than mw, so are the gem opens. And the items are mostly reused.

echus14
07-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Have been whacking monsters left and right but can't even get one box off a map. Wonder if they have changed the rules so that you can't get boxes from a much earlier map (used to be able to)? If so, then this is going to be problematic for people who do not want to level up too quickly.

piratehtd
07-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Are there any level requirements or anything for the event to show up? I just started playing this and CC on my ipod and there's no event on either of them. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times each. Believe it or not I've never had a problem with my android getting the event although I'm only on my 3rd event on that. Just not sure why my ipod games aren't receiving it.

Hapl0
07-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Echus14, try highland pass, i'm killing harpies and killed 5 and got 4 boxes, open 2 middle option and 2 gems.

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Are there any level requirements or anything for the event to show up? I just started playing this and CC on my ipod and there's no event on either of them. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times each. Believe it or not I've never had a problem with my android getting the event although I'm only on my 3rd event on that. Just not sure why my ipod games aren't receiving it.

You need to be at least level 10. If you are and you cant see it, try deleting and reinstalling. You will not lose any of your progress as all the info is saved on the central servers.

Hapl0
07-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Piratehtd, you must be at least level 10 to see the event. I delete and reinstall too and closing and opening more than 10 times until just pop the event. Good luck.

Hapl0
07-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Just as MM said, he posted faster ;)

piratehtd
07-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Thanks MM and Hap. I was thinking that. I'm only level 7 here and 9 on CC so will try to get there first on CC. Definitely goes against the whole don't level up too fast concept but for units that can't be consumed I think it's worth a shot. Thanks again for the help guys.

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 11:01 PM
Just as MM said, he posted faster ;)

Fastest finger wins the prize - I wish!:cool:

Hapl0
07-11-2012, 11:19 PM
It must be fattest credit card wins the prize.

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 11:21 PM
It must be fattest credit card wins the prize.

I wouldn't mind having the disposable income that some of these gem players have - but not their c/card bills!

echus14
07-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Echus14, try highland pass, i'm killing harpies and killed 5 and got 4 boxes, open 2 middle option and 2 gems.

Tried that too, but still no boxes. Crazy! Now trying 3rd highest map (which I have not even played before). If this is the case, I'll probably stay out of this event cos it will cause me to level up way too quickly.

Krug
07-12-2012, 12:27 AM

Don't do it. Spending that amount gets you nowhere as to what the top $ players are spending.

Krug
07-12-2012, 12:29 AM
Looks like they changed it from Top 1 to Top 50/250.

Still won't make me spend a dime for the game.

MaverickMunkey
07-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Looks like they changed it from Top 1 to Top 50/250.

Still won't make me spend a dime for the game.

They have still kept the top 1 as well as the top 50 and top 250.

Dewsy
07-12-2012, 05:38 AM
I completely agree with everything said about Gree alienating the moderate spenders. I've spent about £200 on KA and was thinking about spending more but glad I held back. I don't regret spending the gems to get the money buildings, I feel like they were a worthy buy but the other £120 (or however much £200 minus cost of gem buildings is) I completely regret.

I wonder how the numbers add up by cutting off people like myself and just relying on small number of heavy spenders for income. Recently if anything I have realised how unusual KA is - if I had spent £200 on any other iOS game I would have a significant advantage and be deemed a very heavy spender, whereas here I'm a small fry gem buyer. I'm going to carry on playing as a free player until I get bored and then I'll move on.

EthanQ
07-12-2012, 05:44 AM
I cant even be bothered to spend any gems on this game, just a free player playing at my own pace. I've got 4 gems of light out of 6 tries using the middle gold option. The only thing that concern me is that when some already started the event, it hasn't for me.. So it'd be better if you could open a few at a time if you missed the starting event.

Hello Kitty
07-12-2012, 05:45 AM
Tried that too, but still no boxes. Crazy! Now trying 3rd highest map (which I have not even played before). If this is the case, I'll probably stay out of this event cos it will cause me to level up way too quickly.Have you tried going back to the very first maps to master? Takes a lot of clicks, but really low XP and boxes will drop, plus you get to master a map and get the mastery bonuses (level 3 = honor points, level 4 = 1 grunt, level 5 = 1 skill point)?

Hello Kitty
07-12-2012, 05:48 AM
They are ruining this game. Game changing prizes every single week is rediculous. They are alienating modest gem spenders. And treat us like suckers.. The chests of might never change and they are more expensive than mw, so are the gem opens. And the items are mostly reused.Hey Marebear! Hear you!!! No sure I dig top 250 with only 10%. What happened to 30%? I hate how they jacked the prices up for this game only...20 gems vs 15 in CC and MW!

EthanQ
07-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Have you tried going back to the very first maps to master? Takes a lot of clicks, but really low XP and boxes will drop, plus you get to master a map and get the mastery bonuses (level 3 = honor points, level 4 = 1 grunt, level 5 = 1 skill point)?

Hello Kitty, shouldn't it be level 4 = 1 skill point and level 5 = 1 grunt or what unit?

Hello Kitty
07-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Hello Kitty, shouldn't it be level 4 = 1 skill point and level 5 = 1 grunt or what unit?I get them confused. I'm on mastery level 4 and will update my post if I got it wrong :). Thanks for the catch.

Hapl0
07-12-2012, 06:04 AM
Hey Marebear! Hear you!!! No sure I dig top 250 with only 10%. What happened to 30%? I hate how they jacked the prices up for this game only...20 gems vs 15 in CC and MW!

I think we are guinea pigs, they are experimenting with us and trying to discern where and when got more benefits.

Sanguine
07-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Part of me wonders if this is not an economics exercise to map the demand curve and determine the elasticity of demand. This game seems to be the youngest with the smallest user base, could be a research environment to develop strategies for the larger games, but I could be over thinking it.

Hello Kitty
07-12-2012, 06:09 AM
I think we are guinea pigs, they are experimenting with us and trying to discern where and when got more benefits.While I'm not happy about it, supply & demand is working and the market will bear 20...unfortunately. :(

whiterider
07-12-2012, 06:11 AM
@Sanguine, I was thinking the same the other day, just before this event started.

EthanQ
07-12-2012, 06:22 AM
I get them confused. I'm on mastery level 4 and will update my post if I got it wrong :). Thanks for the catch.

Haha you're welcome :)

Hoodcrazy
07-12-2012, 08:54 AM
I refuse to even spend gold on these auction events, its a major waste. They are causing me to play all 3 Funzio games less and less. While i fully understand that gem buyers do fund the game, these events just seem incredibly unfair and mostly are just a huge tease to everyone except 250 people. Its free opens for me all the way baby, if i even care to check the game at all.

Ive spent about $200 on gems, bought a few gem buildings and a few crates, and i got super lucky on the Hydra/Warlord events without gems. Used to be i could aim for 9/10 and feel satisfied with 3-4 cool units and feel like i had a chance to win 10/10. Now with the auction style, i can still barely reach 10 items and i just feel more and more dissapointed with every event. Seems like the 20th item event is not even possible to get without gems.

I wish there was a way to not view the event so i can go about my game without the major letdown.

I like these games but for the amount some people are spending you could buy a real gaming system and tons of cool games, play with friends etc. This game is a phone app, supposed to just be a timekiller or casual game or so i thought.

SuperTP
07-12-2012, 09:24 AM
0 for 14 on box opens so far, started the event now have 7 holy boxes and yet to open one with cash option, is the event broken or something. Getting really tired of the greed from these people. Play CC,MW, and KA and have spent several hundred dollars on each with nothing to show for it but numbers on a screen, and can't catch a break if i dont spend the real dough. Close to time for the letting go of the casual "free" funzio apps.

RandomUser
07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm about 2 for 11, SuperTP... feels like the odds of success have gone down appreciably with the new format.

Timbathia
07-12-2012, 04:21 PM
I am still yet to be convinced that anyone is stupid enough to spend that much money on an event unless they are using a stolen credit card.

Joie
07-12-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm up to 7 so far, goal is always ten so thing are going good, last time I was stuck on 7 for two days so we shall see. Still ended up with 15 so it was a successful event for me

One off of the 250, yes I'm sure that will skyrocket but at least I can say I was close this far in

spectra
07-12-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm up to 7 so far, goal is always ten so thing are going good, last time I was stuck on 7 for two days so we shall see. Still ended up with 15 so it was a successful event for me

One off of the 250, yes I'm sure that will skyrocket but at least I can say I was close this far in

the way things are going, the bottom 250 will be about 35 gems :rolleyes:

Hapl0
07-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Stuck with 5 gems, middle option.

Everson25
07-13-2012, 02:15 AM
the way things are going, the bottom 250 will be about 35 gems :rolleyes:Do you think top 250 will be that high? I don't think so. Unless things change on following days. It looks there are quite few players that were spending on first two events that are not on this one. In my case my expectations are not too high so I don't get upset.

Hobtuse
07-13-2012, 02:21 AM
the way things are going, the bottom 250 will be about 35 gems :rolleyes:

the event is shorter by 1 day right? i reckon all things constant, the bottom 250 will be lower this time around.

however wouldn't be surprised if last-day panic causes the eventual sky-rocketing scenario..

P4TR1C14N
07-13-2012, 05:21 AM
Wouldn't you be greedy if you know your players seems to have no brains and keep buying no matter what you do.

As said... the high spenders will not complain, they will win if they want. The small spenders are indeed the ones that will stop, but you could be surprised how small this¨% is...

I said it before... count what kind of money they are making by pushing event by event (it is almost a big sale now... what is special about an event?).

Do they need to code it? Nope... reuse. So the one time investment is now a great big cash cow. Good strategy.

If we all stop playing this game, they simpley invest money in the design (only design) of a new game but also there... do you really thing KA is different as MW en CC... it's all on the same code structure, same features... That also explains why everything new on CC/MW/KA seems to be dropped the next release in the next game.

All by all... great game, but those prizes are really destroying this game very very fast.

Hello Kitty
07-13-2012, 05:25 AM
Do you think top 250 will be that high? I don't think so. Unless things change on following days. It looks there are quite few players that were spending on first two events that are not on this one. In my case my expectations are not too high so I don't get upset.I'm not playing (paying) with gems this time around...

Everson25
07-13-2012, 06:15 AM
I'm not playing (paying) with gems this time around...Hey HK! How are you doing? I'll pay a visit to your kingdom later on. Just to see how far I'm from you and how I will beat you. I need to come up with a strategy that doesnt include buying gems. it's my dream to be beaten by you again...

Btw, now that I did my OT I can say that I got 8 on day 1.

Joie
07-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Seems as if I'm going to have a hard time getting off the number 7 again, still just shooting for 10 though

enahs1
07-13-2012, 09:17 AM
I am shooting for 20... But I'm at 9 right now. The bottom 250 is quite low right now, isn't it?

spectra
07-13-2012, 09:28 AM
bottom 250 is at 10 I believe, but would not be surprise if by the end of the day is around 18 :(
I hope players actually stop using gems, that will show GREEd we are not dumb as they think

The_Red
07-13-2012, 09:31 AM
dead horse *beat*

YLL
07-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey HK! ... it's my dream to be beaten by you again...

That just sounds so dirty and wrong... ;)

Joie
07-13-2012, 12:16 PM
7 is quickly becoming my least favorite number

Everson25
07-13-2012, 03:06 PM
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w487/everson25/8ee57415.jpg at least I got my second unit already. Just 5 more and I complete my first target. 20 still a distante dream for a free player like me.

Hapl0
07-13-2012, 03:13 PM
Still stuck in 5 Joie and all middle option.

spectra
07-13-2012, 03:31 PM
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w487/everson25/8ee57415.jpg at least I got my second unit already. Just 5 more and I complete my first target. 20 still a distante dream for a free player like me.

Hey my friend, this is funny, I am right behind you, I got mine just 5 minutes after you ;)
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd299/spectra69/IMG_0114-1.png

Everson25
07-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Hey Spectra! That was a funny coincidence! Let's see who will get 15 first. We still have time.

Everson25
07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w487/everson25/e3c0d92c.jpg Btw Spectra! Ive just got number 11 and incredibly I'm on top 250 for some hours or minutes, not for long...lol.

Hapl0
07-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Congrats Everson and enjoy being in the lightspot.

Joie
07-13-2012, 06:22 PM
Congrats guys. Me looks like a repeat of the last even and I will be on 7 for two days, ah well what ya gonna do

Hello Kitty
07-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Hey HK! How are you doing? I'll pay a visit to your kingdom later on. Just to see how far I'm from you and how I will beat you. I need to come up with a strategy that doesnt include buying gems. it's my dream to be beaten by you again...Btw, now that I did my OT I can say that I got 8 on day 1.Hi Ev! See you're doing really well with the event! Congrats. Did you visit yet? Come by and stay for some wine. :)

Everson25
07-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Hi Ev! See you're doing really well with the event! Congrats. Did you visit yet? Come by and stay for some wine. :)Yes I did. 2 am and wine is becoming too dangerous... lol.

Btw, just got number 12.

Hello Kitty
07-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Yes I did. 2 am and wine is becoming too dangerous... lol. Btw, just got number 12.Wow! That's awesome. I'm only on 7, but can play this weekend now. Hopefully get to 20?!

-->FISH<--
07-13-2012, 08:59 PM
You 2 are killing it I'm at five and it has been a painful 5 at that. Sorry, sorry, sorry it's like my screen is broke or something.

Hapl0
07-13-2012, 10:09 PM
6 gems, only one gem today, middle option.

spectra
07-13-2012, 10:12 PM
way to go Everson
I just got #11 with 2 days, 5 hours and 54 minutes left

after that I got me $10k :( and Sorry
hope to get to 15 by the end of Sunday :)

Joie
07-13-2012, 11:21 PM
8 throw a party took two days but I'm off the evil number 7 yippie!!!

Everson25
07-14-2012, 03:05 AM
Well, I think I may have a chance to get 15 today. I've just got number 13.

-->FISH<--
07-14-2012, 05:53 AM
Still at 5 for some reason this event has mistaken me for Flan!!!!

Hapl0
07-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Lol Fish, just bad luck, btw 7 gems now, middle option.

Everson25
07-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Still at 5 for some reason this event has mistaken me for Flan!!!!Just 5? How many tries a day? I couldn't do better. My first two days, 48 hours = 48 tries. I can't keep up at the same pace so I will settle once I get 15.

-->FISH<--
07-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Except for the 5 or 6 (if I'm lucky) hrs to sleep, I'm opening every hr. it has been a hard sorry everytime. Couple of gold, 1 valor, and that's it. This one has been rough on the, (rubbing my hands together)yes yes yes, well hell give me a break roller coaster emotion.

Krug
07-14-2012, 08:02 AM
6 gems, only one gem today, middle option. Same for me. Will be out for most of weekend so probably won't get to 10.

The_Red
07-14-2012, 08:04 AM
luck has not been good to me this time at 7 - shooting for 10. :)

asdfg12345
07-14-2012, 09:50 AM
i got 4 so far with free option

Everson25
07-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Sorry guys to say that Ive just got number 14. It's going well for me this time.

Hello Kitty
07-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Sorry guys to say that Ive just got number 14. It's going well for me this time.Don't be sorry! That's awesome! More congrats Ev. Keep on going!

Everson25
07-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Don't be sorry! That's awesome! More congrats Ev. Keep on going!Hey HK! I miss you! When are you going to hit me again? Lol!

Everson25
07-14-2012, 10:43 AM
To be on top 250 on third day is just a dream. I know that it will change but it looks many spenders are frustrated on the way things are going. Good for free players like me!

The_Red
07-14-2012, 11:00 AM
To be on top 250 on third day is just a dream. I know that it will change but it looks many spenders are frustrated on the way things are going. Good for free players like me!

you should knock on wood.

Everson25
07-14-2012, 11:17 AM
you should knock on wood.But you need to remember that just knock the wood is not enough. The most important is the Goal! The main prize!

Everson25
07-14-2012, 12:02 PM
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w487/everson25/07fc668c.jpg I've just got number 15. I think I might have a chance of 20 this time.

Joie
07-14-2012, 12:25 PM
I was on 7 forever AGAIN but jumped to 10 pretty quickly last night. Goal reached. 15 would just be gravy, got to 14 on the first one and got 15 on the second so we shall see, busy weekend though so I'm not expecting much

Hello Kitty
07-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Hey HK! I miss you! When are you going to hit me again? Lol!Hey Ev! Miss you too. Hope your doing well outside the game. Inside the game I'm rooting for you! Way to go with 15 for free. That is so awesome. Go Ev go!

Hobtuse
07-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Just hit 19. All middle options.

Gonna use gems to get to 20.

Hello Kitty
07-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Just hit 19. All middle options.

Gonna use gems to get to 20.Congrats Hobtuse! Good luck.

spectra
07-14-2012, 02:38 PM
Congratulations guys
I am sitting at 12 :( all cash options
hope you guys make it to 20

Cheers

Hobtuse
07-14-2012, 03:50 PM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Hobtuse/photo.png

Ok got to 20. Not before they gave me 15 honor points.

marebear
07-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Woot woot Go Everson!!! Congratulations Hobtuse!!! Good luck to spectra and the red!!!

Hello Kitty
07-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Woot woot Go Everson!!! Congratulations Hobtuse!!! Good luck to spectra and the red!!!How are you doing on the event Mare? I was weak and used some gems.

Everson25
07-15-2012, 06:24 AM
I'm on 18 now, feeling that I might get 20. How many do you have HK and Marebeer?

Hobtuse
07-15-2012, 06:47 AM
Good luck Everson25! All medium options too?

Everson25
07-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Good luck Everson25! All medium options too?All medium. I'm quite happy the way is going. I'm still top 250.

Krug
07-15-2012, 08:40 AM
9 gems. Not sure if can make it to 10. Good luck to all and hope you're not spending $.

Remember.. the next event is less than a week away! ;)

d_nickels
07-15-2012, 09:00 AM
So, the top guy currently has 344 gems!

If you assume all gem openings and timer reset (any he got from not resetting the timer is tiny in comparison to the total) then it took 40 gems per opening.

If you get a gem 100% of the time it cost 344*40 = 13760 gems
If you get a gem 50% of the time it cost 344*40*2 = 27520 gems
If you get a gem 33% of the time it cost 344*40*3 = 41280 gems

From personal experience I'd have to say that over time the rate you get a gem is much lower than 50% of the time you open a box. Its probably closer to 25% or 33%.

So, even if the gem rate is 33% for opened boxes this has cost that guy 41280/1500*$100 = $2752

All I can say is, "!"

Krug
07-15-2012, 09:09 AM

If you assume all gem openings and timer reset (any he got from not resetting the timer is tiny in comparison to the total) then it took 40 gems per opening.

From personal experience I'd have to say that over time the rate you get a gem is much lower than 50% of the time you open a box. Its probably closer to 25% or 33%.

So, even if the gem rate is 33% for opened boxes this has cost that guy 41280/1500*$100 = $2752

All I can say is, "!"

Wondering if he'll do the same next week, when yet another event with a top prize happens... and the week after.. and the week after..

Musketblade
07-15-2012, 10:03 AM
making 15 doesnt look good at this point. 13hours left on middle option. I gots 11 sofar and ive spent all my money. Im going to have to raise the rates on my Brothels for visiting allies :( Times are tuff and the Boys and girls are tired.

Winstrol
07-15-2012, 10:48 AM

All I can say is, "!"

Im guessing for 3500$+ since you can get gold every time and other crap

Musketblade
07-15-2012, 12:16 PM
sry,sry,sry,sry,sry

Plugger
07-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Bummer for the rank 2,3 and 4 having spent about half the amount but still don't get the grand prize.

I have 15, medium options.

ChaosRules
07-15-2012, 03:13 PM
I have a hard time expressing how sorry I feel for someone that would spend $3,000, more or less, on a mobile phone game. Even if the person is a millionaire. It just seems ludicrous. You could buy 50 entire console or PC games for that kind of dough. I do a lot of fishing; I could buy 10 good quality rod and reel combos for that. All the power to them if it's a drop in the bucket of their finances, but it still seems like a real waste of money. To each his/her own I guess.

5 gems so far, all using the low chance option. About 50 holy boxes left in inventory.

Everson25
07-15-2012, 07:23 PM
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w487/everson25/064f922a.jpg the new member in my army. I was sleeping when my daughter woke me up so I had to try my lucky. Bingo! I have enough boxes to carry on OT and see what happens but I will do if I see that's achievable. Otherwise I will be happy with what I got already.

Hobtuse
07-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Congrats Everson25!

The Avenging Spirit replaced the Angelic Battle Guard for my attack animations.. Nice to see something for a change..

Also would like to ask the battle animations only showed the highest Attack versus Defense units?

Plugger
07-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Congrats Everson and Hobtuse for getting the fourth unit. I only have 16 and I don't think I want to go OT because it's still a long way to 20 :D

Hello Kitty
07-15-2012, 09:59 PM
So, wow! If you think the KA leader board is crazy...you should check out CC. Their top of the board is 362 and bottom of top 50 is a whopping 207 (almost evenly distributed in between)! Bottom of top 250 is 37.

KA leader board with same time remaining (02h:02m) is 386 for #1 and 50 for bottom of top 50 (major break at position #4 at 136 and #5 at 87). Bottom of top 250 is 24.

Everson25
07-15-2012, 10:56 PM
How are you doing on the event? How many already? I imagine many players on KA got fed up and are not spending any money on gem. How many times CC got this format of event already? It looks it won't be long for MW to get one like that.

Hello Kitty
07-15-2012, 10:59 PM
How are you doing on the event? How many already? I imagine many players on KA got fed up and are not spending any money on gem. How many times CC got this format of event already? It looks it won't be long for MW to get one like that.Hey Ev! Wow, do you sleep? Lol :) I think it's the 2nd time that CC have gotten the same format. Nutso. I'm still in top 250. Trying to keep my head above water before the board freezes (still hate that they do that - uber cheesy!). How'd you finish? Did you keep going?

Bea
07-15-2012, 11:15 PM
On 9 and a bit annoyed, opened the same number of boxes in CC and got to 17 this time.
All that effort and only 1 unit for it, I got 4000 gold nearly every successful open :(

Hobtuse
07-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Would they tell you when time expires whether you made it to the top 250?

I am still in the top 250 but I have no more attempts left. Seems like the only event for me to have the chance to make top 250. Fingers crossed.

Everson25
07-15-2012, 11:21 PM
Hey Ev! Wow, do you sleep? Lol :) I think it's the 2nd time that CC have gotten the same format. Nutso. I'm still in top 250. Trying to keep my head above water before the board freezes (still hate that they do that - uber cheesy!). How'd you finish? Did you keep going?I was considering to go for OT but I'm really tired. I haven't been sleeping right and I will have to drive every day so I need to be fresh for the journeys. The worse part is half of me is saying go for it. I even got tempted to spend some gem but at the end my reason spoke louder and I will be happy with my 4 units.

Everson25
07-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Would they tell you when time expires whether you made it to the top 250?

I am still in the top 250 but I have no more attempts left. Seems like the only event for me to have the chance to make top 250. Fingers crossed.Well done! How many do you have? If you are not too close to the board it should be ok.

custos
07-15-2012, 11:28 PM
One hour to go and I just got the 10th gem (middle option only). I think I only opened about 20 boxes so not a bad strike rate.

Hobtuse
07-15-2012, 11:30 PM
I only got 25. the 20th was from gem, the rest were all medium options. but i am only 1 off the bottom so... I can't do anything

Hello Kitty
07-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Finished at #173 with 29 light gems.

Jhoemel
07-16-2012, 12:29 AM

Wow congrats kitty :)

Hello Kitty
07-16-2012, 12:41 AM
Wow congrats kitty :)Thanks Jho. I did check out your kingdom per your wall comment...looking good!

MaverickMunkey
07-16-2012, 12:50 AM

Congrats HK

Hobtuse
07-16-2012, 04:37 AM
Just squeezed in. Finished at #241 with 25 gems of light. All medium options except for gem 20

Plugger
07-16-2012, 04:38 AM
Congrats HK, did you use many Gems to open the box?

Romaro
07-16-2012, 04:48 AM
Congrats HK

P4TR1C14N
07-16-2012, 04:52 AM
Congratz all.

On the other hand... disturbing for Gree if free players are able to get in top 250... player base so thin?

YLL
07-16-2012, 05:10 AM
Just squeezed in. Finished at #241 with 25 gems of light. All medium options except for gem 20

Congratulations! :) I'll be requiring you to open my boxes for me in future. ;)

YLL
07-16-2012, 05:10 AM
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w487/everson25/064f922a.jpg the new member in my army. I was sleeping when my daughter woke me up so I had to try my lucky. Bingo! I have enough boxes to carry on OT and see what happens but I will do if I see that's achievable. Otherwise I will be happy with what I got already.

Wow, congrats. :)

Hobtuse
07-16-2012, 07:13 AM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Hobtuse/photo-2.png

I think I only snuck in cos most of the players were suffering from event lethargy. Still thrilled to get there with the medium options.

Ended at 20 Red Dragon Eggs failing to get an egg for the last 1 day of the event but wouldn't have mattered since the cutoff for top 250 was 29-30 eggs?

This time I managed to get 5 more Gems of Light after reaching 20 to sneak in at 25 which just indicated how people felt after similar 'auction style' events back-to-back.

Didn't play the Vials of Hellfire event so wasn't sure if I could have gotten to top 500 (don't think so).

Joe Brown1
07-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Congrats Hobtuse! Also HK and other forum members that made it into the top 250 (or even 5)

Hello Kitty
07-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks everyone! @Plugger - yes, had to use gems. I was on travel this week and was really behind by the time I could play, so had to buy this one...though I bought the last 2 as well. Each cost around a vault of gems.

The_Red
07-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Managed to get to 16 (6 in the final day) - playing a little OT to see if I can get the 20th unit.

The_Red
07-16-2012, 07:43 AM
I think I only snuck in cos most of the players were suffering from event lethargy. Still thrilled to get there with the medium options.

Ended at 20 Red Dragon Eggs failing to get an egg for the last 1 day of the event but wouldn't have mattered since the cutoff for top 250 was 29-30 eggs?

This time I managed to get 5 more Gems of Light after reaching 20 to sneak in at 25 which just indicated how people felt after similar 'auction style' events back-to-back.

Congrats! Thats pretty good without spending GEMs. :)

Hobtuse
07-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Congrats! Thats pretty good without spending GEMs. :)

I did spend gems for the 20th one >>> I think it's unavoidable for me as I play the game on my iPhone and can't do overtime like people.

Guido69
07-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Does anybody know how many holy gems were needed to get the Holy Avenger?

I finished with 26 gems but did not receive the unit yet.

Hobtuse
07-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Does anybody know how many holy gems were needed to get the Holy Avenger?

I finished with 26 gems but did not receive the unit yet.

I only have 25 gems and got the Holy Avenger @ #241. I exited the game and restarted the application after the event had ended and was awarded with the unit.

Hapl0
07-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Congrats to all who win amazing units!

Guido69
07-16-2012, 08:40 AM
I only have 25 gems and got the Holy Avenger @ #241. I exited the game and restarted the application after the event had ended and was awarded with the unit.

Sounds great... I exited and restarted several times, but nothing yet.

Plugger
07-16-2012, 08:53 AM
You should send a ticket Guido. You'll definitely get it as long as you finished with 26 within the time limit. Congrats everyone who made it to top 250.

Guido69
07-16-2012, 08:57 AM
You should send a ticket Guido. You'll definitely get it as long as you finished with 26 within the time limit. Congrats everyone who made it to top 250.

Thanks. Will do. I had 26 gems with about 25 minutes left on the clock.

mrmeow 5
07-16-2012, 10:37 AM
is there going to be another event?

Chuck29
07-16-2012, 10:57 AM
is there going to be another event?

I'm sure there will be another event starting either Wednesday or Thursday, since Gree has to make that money.

Durwood
07-16-2012, 06:07 PM
I hate these fracking events with a passion. I have NEVER gotten over 9 of whatever the winning token is.
It's always the same thing. I use the gold option and start out slow and then get up to 8 or 9 and then the last 25 boxes I open are all duds, so I just end up with one indestructible unit. I am one of those players who was on the brink of spending real money and am now NOT going to spend a nickel - and the minute I start getting my ace handed to me in battle, to a player with these huge units, I am not only deleting the game, but I am going on an anti-Gree/Funzio tirade and trashing them anywhere and everywhere.

Whenever there is a good game there is always some idiotic company making idiotic decisions that upset the fans.

Won't the gemmers be mad when it is only the top 25 left and the game implodes.