PDA

View Full Version : Dreno33's Quick Tips to MW for Beginners

Dreno33
07-11-2012, 07:01 PM
This is for all you beginners to the game / forum. You have much to learn if you wish to read. Here is a quick jumpstart for your MW game.

Hope it helps, and welcome my fellow comrades, see you on the battlefield.

If someone posts on you wall telling you to post a code on others' walls for gold and/or money, they are a liar and should be reported.
ALWAYS being upgrading a building. Never have any dead time.
ALWAYS be building EVERY money/boost/unit building.
ALWAYS be upgrading you vault. ALWAYS. it maxes out at 10m which is CRUCIAL.
Defense buildings MATTER where they are placed (in case you play CC and didn't know).
The Ally System: Every lvl allows 5 more allies to be used in your army. Every ally allows 4 units to be used in your army (does not matter what kind of unit). You could LITERALLY have a full army of all air units if you wished. Having 1,000+ allies is useless.[/COLOR]
The Tapjoy app allows you to earn free gold.
NATIONS: Early Levels = Best advantage are either China (infantry boost) or Germany (ground boost).
NATIONS: Later Levels = UK (sea bonus aka best defense bonus) or Russia (air bonus aka best attack bonus)[/COLOR]
EVERY money building is worth it in MW.
EVERY boost building is worth it in MW.
BEST BUILDING IN GAME: Composites Factory (250g) gives a 20% bonus to your defense at lvl 10. That is HUGE. Unlocks at lvl 16. Get to lvl 10 as FIRST PRIORITY when unlocked.
Cement factory at lvl 10 decreases upgrade and construction costs by 10%. Get that to lvl 10 as well. It quickly pays for itself and in later levels becomes a huge advantage.
Even at high levels your IPH (income per hour) is a HUGE benefit/advantage when higher than most on your rival's list.
CAMPING is your friend (if necessary and want to recuperate). It helps increase you IPH (income per hour) before entering stronger Rival Lists. IPH is your life support.

If you haven't yet, read the >Modern War FAQs (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?35951-Modern-War-FAQs)< sticky (near the top of all other threads.
In the Modern War FAQs sticky, you will notice a "Getting Started" Section, BOTH threads are vital in understanding game mechanics.

* To all Senior Members, add to this thread any tips you wish to give our fellow recruits. All is welcome.

** Senior Member = Classified by knowledge of game, not post count.

Dreno33
07-11-2012, 07:04 PM
ELABORATION ON EARNING FREE GOLD FOR MW:

Tapjoy is an app for your phone. You download it (either through your phone's app store or via "Tap here for free gold" in the Store Tab in MW, it should be an offer to download Tapjoy for a few gold).

Anyways, once you have Tapjoy as an app, just open it and it will ask you to create an acct to log in to. Once you do that, it will AUTOMATICALLY link the games you have that are compatible with TJ. then click on the Modern War icon in TJ and browse the offers.

*Most of us just download free apps via TJ, open them, close them, then open MW and we get our gold.

Hope that helps,
Dreno33(:

Lordsloss
07-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Nice post, I'm using some of this advice on my lower level account. Just chilling at level 8 right now with a $40,000 IPH and building my vault.

Automaine
07-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Nice post, I'm using some of this advice on my lower level account. Just chilling at level 8 right now with a $40,000 IPH and building my vault.

Great that is the only way to get somewhere in this game (camp) my 2 account I'm doing a lot of camping because my 1st account I've level up to fast but it is my gold account so I can't go back now so I started the 2nd one and I'm a beast haven't lost to many fights and started with the Russia nation.

bushobama
07-11-2012, 10:10 PM
A starting tip is to always restrict your in-forum signature to a reasonable size so as not to require other forum members much unneeded scrolling for an insignificant amount of information. That would be inefficient at best, and self important at worst. ( ;

Copenhagen
07-11-2012, 10:35 PM
A starting tip is to always restrict your in-forum signature to a reasonable size so as not to require other forum members much unneeded scrolling for a insignificant amount of information. That would be inefficient at best, and self serving at worst. ( ;

2nd that!

Sorry Dreno. I got a lot of love for you brother, but your sig block is asinine!

Arizona
07-12-2012, 02:13 AM
All good advice Dr. Eno
Even though many of us already know all this, it's refreshing to be reminded. Too easy to lose track of things with events popping up all the time. Good reading for new members too.
Agree with Cope; and at least decrease the font size.

Bronson
07-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Good guide Draino but I would disagree slightly with the change nation part.

Below level 40 it's easier to unlock and cheaper to buy infantry and ground units, people won't have much cash to get the sea units that early in the game so Germany or China are probably a better bet when starting out.

SeqWins
07-12-2012, 04:49 AM
OT

I keep seeing your posts keep getting 1 stars and I believe you have a secret admirer I'm going to go ahead and fix it for you as I like your effort for this thread and I think it could turn out decent with all the right info..

Standby for an edit with thoughts and tips..

Poopenshire
07-12-2012, 04:57 AM
I would suggest reading the 2 FNG guides in HK's faq. They have so much info to help you do this right.

Boom
07-12-2012, 05:11 AM
Dreno I'm going to have to ban you

Dreno33
07-12-2012, 06:08 AM
OT

I keep seeing your posts keep getting 1 stars and I believe you have a secret admirer I'm going to go ahead and fix it for you as I like your effort for this thread and I think it could turn out decent with all the right info..

Standby for an edit with thoughts and tips..

I'm curious as well! he/she/?they should show his/her/?themselves(:

OverC
07-12-2012, 08:07 AM
FREE GOLD?! damn, i've been missing out lol how exactly does the tapjoy thing work? Do I have to use a Tapjoy app or their website (I just registered). Sorry, i'm usually pretty skeptical about "free gold", but this seems just too good to pass up. thanks dreno!!

Dreno33
07-20-2012, 04:13 PM
FREE GOLD?! damn, i've been missing out lol how exactly does the tapjoy thing work? Do I have to use a Tapjoy app or their website (I just registered). Sorry, i'm usually pretty skeptical about "free gold", but this seems just too good to pass up. thanks dreno!!

Hey man, sorry bout the no reply till now. (thanks Hello Kitty for pointing it out to me). anyways, Tapjoy is an app. You download it (either through your phone's app store or via "Tap here for free gold" in the Store Tab in MW, it should be an offer to download Tapjoy for a few gold).

Anyways, once you have Tapjoy as an app, just open it and it will ask you to create an acct to log in to. Once you do that, it will AUTOMATICALLY link the games you have that are compatible with TJ. then click on the Modern War icon in TJ and browse the offers. Most of us just download free apps via TJ, open them, close them, then open MW and we get our gold.

Hope that helps,
Dreno33(:

Dreno33
08-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Updated the OP

Thunder Child
08-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Updated the OPDreno! Where's your att and def stats thread?

Dreno33
08-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Dreno! Where's your att and def stats thread?

NOT updated. ill get on that tho i promise! but today i have to ATTEMPT to put sliders on my bike. my brother lost the instructions. wish me luck! hopefully its in one piece before work. aha

Fifth Reich
08-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Nice guide for starters but after a few levels half of this becomes common sense. 3 stars.

Dreno33
08-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Nice guide for starters but after a few levels half of this becomes common sense. 3 stars.

you'd think that after you annoy EVERYONE on this forum and after EVERYONE tells you to shut the hell up, it would become common sense. Try contributing to this forum.

Hivesy
08-04-2012, 05:24 PM
Nice one dreno. Think you need to swap Iran for china though as he nation that gives a boost to infantry.

Dreno33
08-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Nice one dreno. Think you need to swap Iran for china though as he nation that gives a boost to infantry.

oops thanks, i always do dumb mixups aha

Hellstorm
08-05-2012, 04:27 AM
Dreno, are you still camping?

ckos
08-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Quick question.

Is the cement factory with anything if you have all the buildings? I would think not, unless new buildings come out?

War Priest
08-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Quick question.

Is the cement factory with anything if you have all the buildings? I would think not, unless new buildings come out?

Yes, because it counts towards upgrades too.

ckos
08-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Yes, because it counts towards upgrades too.

Thanks WP.

Did you ever get the 10th engine part?

War Priest
08-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks WP.

Did you ever get the 10th engine part?

No..! :mad:

ckos
08-05-2012, 07:11 PM
No..! :mad:

OUCH! That hurt.

Dreno33
08-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Bump for my CC friend, Fuzzy

innov-8-or
04-02-2013, 06:53 PM
this is great info on these posts. i wish i would have read these..or known about these tips before i started palying MW a couple of months ago. I simply went crazy getting allies and got to about 1000 allies in my first month!!

mcarri04
04-06-2013, 08:08 AM
http://www.change.org/petitions/gree-international-inc-correct-compensate-fully-refund-gold-purchasers?utm_campaign=share_button_chat&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Please pass along and share

Infamous They
04-29-2013, 06:04 AM
Is tapyjoy no longer in play? I just went through the steps and it is not recognizing MW as affiliated. Is it maybe just temporarily off due to the 20% gold sale?