PDA

View Full Version : Gold Reset Question

Rhino72
07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Does anybody think it makes sense to reset with gold and open with in game cash?

For example, 10 gold resets and 10 gold opens equals 300 gold. Can you justify the risk of doing 20 gold resets hopefully you get more than 10 opens to make it worth it? I would understand if we were ever told that opening with gold increases your chances of getting a shard etc...but all we know is that opening with gold only guarantees the box opens.

Does anybody approach events at all this way?

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM
If your going to do a gold timer reset I just can't see how you justify not guaranteeing its not completely wasted. (no comment on enhanced bikes being a waste I feel it coming)

Otherwise wait for every hour and open w gold for a cost savings.

outbackhat
07-11-2012, 05:41 PM
If the open rate with cash actually ran 50% it might make sense, unfortunately rate is much lower than that. Better to just use gold open hourly if gold supply is limited otherwise you are just wasting it.

Maniaxe
07-11-2012, 05:45 PM
My gold resets are 15G... not that I have ever used them but, did I get the shaft again?

erik
07-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Not anymore IMO... I think they reduced the open rate last event again. Not a good idea.

Rhino72
07-11-2012, 05:51 PM
If your going to do a gold timer reset I just can't see how you justify not guaranteeing its not completely wasted. (no comment on enhanced bikes being a waste I feel it coming)

Otherwise wait for every hour and open w gold for a cost savings.

I was just contemplating possibly waiting until the last few hours and then doing this if I wanted to get in the top 250. No gold spent on this event this time until possibly the end. I like the thought of gambling and trying this just to see if I can get 10 cash opens at the end.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-11-2012, 06:31 PM
As someone competing against you....I love that idea ;)