PDA

View Full Version : Crime City Mark AMA returns!

Crime City Mark
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Hey all,

You asked for it, so let's give round two a shot! Here's the deal, I will host another AMA (Ask Me Anything) thread if you'll go follow our new Kingdom Age Twitter feed (https://twitter.com/Kingdom_Age), I'll host an AMA this weekend and onwards. Here is the breakdown:

500 followers, AMA from Sat-Sun.
750 followers, AMA from Sat-Mon.
1,000 followers, AMA from Fri-Mon.
1,000+ followers, AMA until you all run out of questions or the thread hits 50 pages.

For those not on Twitter, we have a FB page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/KingdomAge

I'll count follower growth from this as well.

Just to make thing a bit more fun we're also having a retweet promotion. If you follow @Kingdom_Age and retweet the indicated message you'll have a chance at 250 gems (or gold, if you're not a KA player.)

YLL
07-11-2012, 01:13 PM
CCM, I don't twitter and I'd rather not discuss on FB (my gaming life is separate from my social life)... Can I give you a ticket number here to look into? I submitted at the weekend as I accidentally sold a Level 7 cottage when I was trying to get a frozen KA to respond... and I haven't heard anything back since.

spectra
07-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Is KA gona have Epic boss events like MW? if so, when?

Crime City Mark
07-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Is KA gona have Epic boss events like MW? if so, when?

Help us get to 500 followers and I'll be happy to provide an answer.

Joe Brown1
07-11-2012, 01:44 PM
On facebook to we "like" kingdom age or something else. I'm not real familiar with FB (my age shows).

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Ok have 'Liked' KA on Facebook as not on Twitter - hope I liked the right one!

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
...if you'll go follow our new Kingdom Age thread...For those not on Twitter, we have a FB page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/KingdomAge:

There are 1000+ likes. Is there something separate to click to specifically "follow it"? Or are we good?

Tiki
07-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Ok have 'Liked' KA on Facebook as not on Twitter - hope I liked the right one!

I hope I did the right one as well. Didn't expect quite so many. . .

tcapi
07-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey all,

For those not on Twitter, we have a FB page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/KingdomAge

I'll count follower growth from this as well.

How do you do the FB thingy? Just "LIKE"?

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 09:06 PM

Thats what I did - just hope it was the right one!

Crime City Mark
07-11-2012, 09:11 PM

That's exactly right!

tcapi
07-11-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm good then. Cheers.

echus14
07-11-2012, 09:31 PM
CCM - I'm not of the FB/Twitter generation, but it does strike me as strange that as the "liasion" between GREE and the community, you would impose a pre-requisite to answer questions. Maybe I'm showing my age and not seeing something here, but it does not seem a good way of building good relations.

marebear
07-11-2012, 09:47 PM
If you want a following then how about anyone who likes you on facebook or follows you on twitter has a chance to win a free unit. One entry per person, two total if you go both. Questions should be answered just because we are your customers. ( my opinion obviously) Not because you want a twatter following. ;)

Crime City Mark
07-11-2012, 10:02 PM
CCM - I'm not of the FB/Twitter generation, but it does strike me as strange that as the "liasion" between GREE and the community, you would impose a pre-requisite to answer questions. Maybe I'm showing my age and not seeing something here, but it does not seem a good way of building good relations.

I'm answering questions all the time, when I can. This is more of a for-fun open thing where people can ask me anything, not just game stuff.

marebear
07-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Okay why are you ruining ka? You have a new event every week but no new maps. You reuse the same elements. The first 3 prizes are duplicates from earlier. The chests of might never change. There are no new buildings to build. I have been playing mw longer and still haven't built all the buildings. In ka all I'm missing is a few defense ones. Then what. At least on the 10 events you could get a few free units as a free player and 9 or 10 with gems or sometimes free. I know you all want to make money but let's call a spade a spade. These are auctions not events. I mean slap a 600 dollar price tag on that baby and call it a day.

echus14
07-11-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm answering questions all the time, when I can. This is more of a for-fun open thing where people can ask me anything, not just game stuff.

Understood, but especally given the recent (and growing) negative sentiments being voiced by so much of the community, you might want to reconsider having dialogue without attaching strings to it. All the jokes about GREE(d) etc, are rapidly going from funny to, well ... sad for the image of the company. Giving the impression (and this may not have been your intention) that GREE does not do anything (even talk) to the community without wanting something in return can only result in reputational damage.

Not trying to pick an argument, but pls do reconsider ... a healthy round of open discussions about the constraints that GREE faces and what are the needs of the LARGER community of gamers in KA may be just what is needed to clear the air and stem all this negativity.

MaverickMunkey
07-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Understood, but especally given the recent (and growing) negative sentiments being voiced by so much of the community, you might want to reconsider having dialogue with attaching strings to it. All the jokes about GREE(d) etc, are rapidly going from funny to, well ... sad for the image of the company. Giving the impression (and this may not have been your intention) that GREE does not do anything (even talk) to the company without wanting something in return can only result in reputational damage.

Not trying to pick an argument, but pls do reconsider ... a healthy round of open discussions about the constraints that GREE faces and what are the needs of the LARGER community of gamers in KA may be just what is needed to clear the air and stem all this negativity.

Agreed. Many of us enjoy (even love!) playing KA and have invested alot of time and in some cases a decent amount of money. Please don't alienate us by making this game solely about money and ensuring that the high power/additional benefit prizes go solely to those with deep pockets - give everyone a chance. We appreciate that as a company you need to show a profit but by making the divide between gem players (mainly heavy (and please let me reiterate that I am not having a go at gem players and thank them for putting in the money so that I can play this game and respect that they have the disposable income to do so)) and free players, the free players and light/medium spenders will end up throwing in the towel and leaving and without a large enough base, the cash cows at the top will leave as well as there will be no enjoyment for them.

Arwin Stark
07-12-2012, 12:12 AM
I tend to agree while free players don’t add income to Gree they provide feedback which invites new players.

If you think about keeping gem spenders and free players both happy that provides positive feedback and more new players. I'm sure then free players would even spend a few dollars on gems. It seems that over the last few events Gree has gone for the big spenders and discouraged new players and potential spenders.

Example is gets thousands of dollars out of the big spenders but keep the free players happy who decide it’s fun to spend $10 with good comments Gree gets to 500k players = 5 million $$$$

Just my thoughts

YLL
07-12-2012, 12:59 AM
Can we get a FB-type "like" feature for this Forum? I'd like to "like" posts #13, #14 and #16-19.

GetItOn
07-12-2012, 01:16 AM

I thought the SAME thing when I read that. It definitely gave me a unsettling vibe.

Hapl0
07-12-2012, 05:51 AM
Can we get a FB-type "like" feature for this Forum? I'd like to "like" posts #13, #14 and #16-19.

+1 Agreed with all this too.

Sludgeboy
07-12-2012, 11:42 AM
No Facebook and No twitter, guess I can't participate in this event either.

Crime City Mark
07-12-2012, 01:02 PM
No Facebook and No twitter, guess I can't participate in this event either.

Don't worry, we'll have some forum-specific stuff up soon that you can participate in.

d_nickels
07-12-2012, 02:19 PM

CCM, why don't you answer some of these growing concerns already mentioned in this thread? So far all you're answering is benign questions about how to use FB and twitter.

Crime City Mark
07-12-2012, 02:23 PM
CCM, why don't you answer some of these growing concerns already mentioned in this thread? So far all you're answering is benign questions about how to use FB and twitter.

Probably because they're off-topic, which is a violation of the posting guidelines. *hint-hint*

Sludgeboy
07-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Don't worry, we'll have some forum-specific stuff up soon that you can participate in.

Great because I have no idea about FB and twitter. I'm not a social networking person.

The_Red
07-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Great because I have no idea about FB and twitter. I'm not a social networking person.

dumb question: you can create an account on a rather niche website dedicated to an ipad/iphone game... why not create a twitter account as well if you want to participate? Id argue that twitter is probably easier to find info about vs this forum.

Crime City Mark
07-15-2012, 08:51 AM
Okay, we didn't make the goal, but don't let it be said I don't show some love. I'll be hosting an AMA today in an hour and going on until I go to sleep.