PDA

View Full Version : "Sorry, just questing."

The_Red
07-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Is it me, or have others noticed the large increase of "I'm sorry for attacking you" comments on people's walls - primarily those who have pretty terrible defense vs their allies counts.

a month ago I never saw any of them - in the past two weeks it seems like they're flourishing.

Joie
07-11-2012, 09:27 AM
I don't pvp a lot compared to most folks but yea I've seen several of those

marebear
07-11-2012, 09:29 AM
People probably leveled up too fast due to events. Apologizing in a war game seems both silly ( nature of the game) and smart ( best way to avoid revenge).

Tiki
07-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Is it me, or have others noticed the large increase of "I'm sorry for attacking you" comments on people's walls - primarily those who have pretty terrible defense vs their allies counts.

a month ago I never saw any of them - in the past two weeks it seems like they're flourishing.

I have never received a sorry for attacking, but I get a lot of alliance requests.

echus14
07-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Actually, I used to do that previously, and it was really motivated because I was (at the time) following the quests. So, sometimes I would have to do a PvP tournament and other times I was required to attack a building. For the latter, I would usually purposely pick (unless the quest required a particular building) something that just gave honour points. The idea was just to point out that I wasn't trying to "rob" the person - indeed, I probably ran the risk of losing units in the process. Although this is a war game in some respects, I don't think its necessary everyone killing everyone else for the sake of it. If it got to that, I'd probably move on to something else out of sheer boredom. I've since stopped following those quests, so have also stopped having to send these messages.

Just sharing - the biggest apology I ever gave was when I accidentally did a double tap (clumsy fingers). Sometimes, this actually helps the social aspect of the game and I've come allies with quite a few of the people I've corresponded with via this starting point (invitations both ways).

echus14
07-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Here's another funny thing ... before I realised that levelling a building to rubble did NOT mean that the other player had to rebuild from scratch, I actually avoided doing so as the thought of making the other player go through all that rebuilding trouble again made me feel guilty. Kind of silly of me, I guess ... :o