PDA

View Full Version : Class upgrade question

nytelock
07-11-2012, 03:23 AM
Hey all!

While you guys are all hyped about the samurai event (which I am failing badly at - 1 shard), I have a question to ask all you players out there.

I realized that there was this upgrade button to upgrade your current class to a Goodfella. That is 10% income, energy and stamina. Does these stats add on to your current one or does this become your overall stat?
Any input is highly appreciated :)
good luck for the event: for non gold players like me.

Warm regards,
Toxin

Maniaxe
07-11-2012, 04:13 AM
It becomes your overall stats. Well worth it IMO especially if you are not already tycoon. The quicker stamina and energy refills are nice for events and farming as well. If you have some Gold I would upgrade.

Dr BoneCrusher
07-11-2012, 04:18 AM
Agreed the best 150 gold spent in the game

fuzzy
07-11-2012, 04:20 AM
If you are all ready a tycoon you will NOT get the extra 10% on income buildings

nytelock
07-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Thanks guys :) I'll buy it.

Swearengen
07-11-2012, 06:47 AM
Yes like the Dr said best 150g ever spent...

7rs60
07-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Is it really worth it? I mean, Tycoon was the obvious choice to start with, and upgrading doesn't add onto your income if you're Tycoon. Energy refills fast enough to level up every day if you really want to. The only benefit I see is if you want to get stamina a little faster.

RijilV
07-11-2012, 07:37 AM
if you picked tycoon then probably not worth it until you're later level and have enough skill points to bump up your stats to where you can accumulate hours worth of energy/stamina.

7rs60
07-11-2012, 07:39 AM
if you picked tycoon then probably not worth it until you're later level and have enough skill points to bump up your stats to where you can accumulate hours worth of energy/stamina.

This doesn't make sense. The price stays the same, while the later you buy it the fewer levels you have with it. So, it's worth LESS as you move up, not more.

nytelock
07-11-2012, 07:42 AM
True that guy, thing is, I'm not a tycoon and planning to buy one as soon as I get my gift card. Thanks for the comments.

RijilV
07-11-2012, 07:56 AM
This doesn't make sense. The price stays the same, while the later you buy it the fewer levels you have with it. So, it's worth LESS as you move up, not more.

Eh, so lets take this example:

you have 20 stamina and picked tycoon as your class. So it takes you 1 hour before you'll stop getting stamina assuming you've just drained it. If you log in every hour (to collect from that sports bar...) it wouldn't matter if you're getting 1 point of stamina every 3 minutes or every 162 seconds, it all comes out to max'ed stamina in an hour.

Now if you have 100 stamina, if would take you 5 hours to fill without the goodfella bonus. There is a chance you'd probably log back in before that (again, gotta keep up on those sports bars). With 100 and the tycoon bonus you're looking at 4 and 1/2 hours before you stop getting stamina, but again, if you only played every 6 hours (pesky night club) it wouldn't be doing you any good and you might as well have saved that 150 gold.

I guess what I'm trying to say is unless you're constantly logged in, anything other than the tycoon class bonus probably doesn't matter.

If you look at it another way, in 6 hours without the goodfella upgrade you'll get 120 stamina. With the upgrade you'll get 133. You should do the math on how often you're interested in logging in, but unless its sub 1 hour it isn't really going to make much of a difference.

Oh and just to put it out there - if you didn't pick tycoon then yes, you picked the wrong class and should get the goodfella upgrade right away. But you should have just picked tycoon.

nytelock
07-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Realized that. Was a noob back then, not saying I'm not one right now.

NTM
07-23-2012, 07:45 AM
i'm not sure and i have ask at support a thing today...

on ANdroid i got Goodfella and on Ios no.

Ios are more fast like mine Android who got Goodfella....

i wait answer but i have see many time.. when i take 500 energy on Ios i don't take on Android so fast..

bug ? or again android screwed ? lol