PDA

View Full Version : The new Event system... Anyone else think it's a load of crap?

Reutdog
07-10-2012, 08:25 PM
So the new event just popped up on my game and on the first day I see that some already had 74 shards.... Seriously??? This seems like a load of crap.

Oh and before we used to get prizes at 3,6,9, and 10... Now it's 5,10,15, and 20? Common guys, this is insanity. How greedy can you be? I used to buy gold from time to time, but I am now officially a free player only. It's clear this company cares only about money and not about the quality of the game or the satisfaction of their players.

Anyone else feel this way?

in-game j
07-10-2012, 08:28 PM
So the new event just popped up on my game and on the first day I see that some already had 74 shards.... Seriously??? This seems like a load of crap.

Oh and before we used to get prizes at 3,6,9, and 10... Now it's 5,10,15, and 20? Common guys, this is insanity. How greedy can you be? I used to buy gold from time to time, but I am now officially a free player only. It's clear this company cares only about money and not about the quality of the game or the satisfaction of their players.

i concur. but tis d nature of greed. i mean gree.

enahs1
07-10-2012, 08:29 PM
Lol I love the comment of gree and greed

Sasha54
07-10-2012, 08:40 PM

It's late ......shouldn't you be sleeping Santa.....?

Dwizzy
07-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah I feel you wholeheartedly man. Last event I spent 2 vaults and got the 25th chip in the last few minutes and no item. I've messaged support about it and nothing. I'm about ready to give up on spending gold.

ruffy
07-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Yeah I feel you wholeheartedly man. Last event I spent 2 vaults and got the 25th chip in the last few minutes and no item. I've messaged support about it and nothing. I'm about ready to give up on spending gold.

i have friends who end up 25 chips and got in 500... hope they give u the car else its a rip off...

Reutdog
07-10-2012, 08:53 PM
It's tough man. There are always people with more money out there. GREED... Err I mean GREE needs to find a way to keep the playing field a little more neutral so it doesn't cost hundreds of dollars every event to win a prize.

In-game j... I like that reference... Had to use it. ;)

Neonjoe
07-10-2012, 10:35 PM

Oh and before we used to get prizes at 3,6,9, and 10... Now it's 5,10,15, and 20? Common guys, this is insanity. IHow greedy can you be? I used to buy gold from time to time, but I am now officially a free player only. It's clear this company cares only about money and not about the quality of the game or the satisfaction of their players.

Short answer: yes

Illuminati
07-10-2012, 10:45 PM
This new event system has effectively eliminated whatever chance non-gold players had at obtaining the top rewards. At least with the prior system, even non-gold players had a chance (albeit a miniscule chance) to get the 10th item to get the event end-item. Just take a look at the leaderboards for the most recent 2 events and you'll see that the end event items are virtually unobtainable unless you spend gold.

Gree(d) has ruined the game for the casual player.

The Billionaire
07-10-2012, 10:48 PM

I think the majority of Greed's customer base are feeling the way you do mate.

Gree you're killing the game and in time half of the population will quit and the other half will stop buying gold bar those who are billionaire's.

dudeman
07-10-2012, 10:49 PM
I think the majority of Greed's customer base are feeling the way you do mate.

Gree you're killing the game and in time half of the population will quit and the other half will stop buying gold bar those who are billionaire's.

Quoted for truth.

Coldcommander
07-10-2012, 10:58 PM

So they truly have gone one step further showing there blaint disrespect to all players in this game. I sure am glad I learned from the last blood sucking event. Took me 6 vaults to get 37 so would not even place in this one, and the day one chip leader is three time as high as the first one. Why do the people that play give into this behavior and this type of spending frenzy. I would not doubt the fact that GREE is behind this in some sort of way, ie free gold for the top players??? This event is B.S and the people have to stop and take a stand if we are to ever see the old event style. A big thumbs down to GREE👎👎👎👎👎👎

in-game j
07-10-2012, 11:05 PM
So they truly have gone one step further showing there blaint disrespect to all players in this game. I sure am glad I learned from the last blood sucking event. Took me 6 vaults to get 37 so would not even place in this one, and the day one chip leader is three time as high as the first one. Why do the people that play give into this behavior and this type of spending frenzy. I would not doubt the fact that GREE is behind this in some sort of way, ie free gold for the top players??? This event is B.S and the people have to stop and take a stand if we are to ever see the old event style. A big thumbs down to GREE������������

Oh, I'm gonna laugh if they freeze the leaderboard again.

RijilV
07-10-2012, 11:08 PM
its impressive if you do the math in terms of how much real world money they're driving into these events. Pisses some of us off for sure, but even if we all quit and stopped paying to play CC they'd just spin up another game and have at it again.

As the average length of time a player plays the game increases over time, it's harder for new players to get started. Eventually when most of us are all hanging around level 200 with maxed out RP items and 5,000,000/hour incomes new players aren't gonna want to play. In a way conzio's best move is to piss us all off so we peace out and go find something else to do, then spin up a new game based on the lessons they've learned here on how to get folks to drop insane amounts of real world currency on made up items for a game that will eventually be shut down.

I'm as bummed about it as anyone, my economy is just on the verge of rocking and I'm doing well on the RP front. Was fun with the events we could succeed at, but now that GREEd is going for the last ounce out of the players not much we can do.

in-game j
07-10-2012, 11:11 PM
its impressive if you do the math in terms of how much real world money they're driving into these events. Pisses some of us off for sure, but even if we all quit and stopped paying to play CC they'd just spin up another game and have at it again.

As the average length of time a player plays the game increases over time, it's harder for new players to get started. Eventually when most of us are all hanging around level 200 with maxed out RP items and 5,000,000/hour incomes new players aren't gonna want to play. In a way conzio's best move is to piss us all off so we peace out and go find something else to do, then spin up a new game based on the lessons they've learned here on how to get folks to drop insane amounts of real world currency on made up items for a game that will eventually be shut down.

I'm as bummed about it as anyone, my economy is just on the verge of rocking and I'm doing well on the RP front. Was fun with the events we could succeed at, but now that GREEd is going for the last ounce out of the players not much we can do.

Yeah, but if you put it that way, if I were to play a new game, I'd make sure to avoid any game that involves GREE or Funzio.

sister morphine
07-10-2012, 11:37 PM

Of course there's something we can do, and that's to not play Greed's gold guzzling game... And that includes the fools paying insane amounts for a couple of lines of coding. If nobody bit they'd have to change the way they do things

OG Kush
07-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I hate the new set but if I get in the top 250 it won't be to bad. But still I hate all the events. Mainly ecause I haven't won anything! These events are like jokes from family guy once they get a good idea they repeat the crap out of it. But family guy is funny and this is just getting sad.

Hank
07-11-2012, 12:27 AM
i have friends who end up 25 chips and got in 500... hope they give u the car else its a rip off...

My guess is they gave the prize to the FIRST 500 people who reached 25 chips. 25 was the cut off, and I had 25 chips with like 8 hours left and ended with 25 and I still got the prize, I think those few people who got to 25 at the very end didn't get the prize because the top 500 slots were already filled. Im not saying its right, but that does seem like what happened.

Brooklyn Boy
07-11-2012, 12:37 AM
My guess is they gave the prize to the FIRST 500 people who reached 25 chips. 25 was the cut off, and I had 25 chips with like 8 hours left and ended with 25 and I still got the prize, I think those few people who got to 25 at the very end didn't get the prize because the top 500 slots were already filled. Im not saying its right, but that does seem like what happened.

If you guys remember they said ties go the the higher levels. That's the only thing I can think of.

Brooklyn Boy
07-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Of course there's something we can do, and that's to not play Greed's gold guzzling game... And that includes the fools paying insane amounts for a couple of lines of coding. If nobody bit they'd have to change the way they do things

Your sooooo right! If everyone boycotted the event even for the first 24 hours to make a statement it might get their attention. The only thing you can do in these situation Is to hit them in their wallet!

PC77
07-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Piss take of an event, just switched on and the leader has almost 100. How much money do these dudes put into these events?? An absolute waste, recession obviously isn't a worldwide thing!! I can see why gree do it this way cause they are cleaning up but they are ****ing it up for most of us who treat it for what it is, a game. At this stage I won't even use in game cash cause it's pointless. Gree can stick their events up their golden holes..

cwracing
07-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Only skimmed a few of the posts in here but to answer the title of the thread YES! Its a cash grab for Greed to make back what ever they can out of the costs to take over this crap. Atleast before non gold players could compete with the average gold spender and even do fairly well in the events. Not now.
Did I miss the new slogan for this game..... Give us your money or get the f**k out!!!!

dudeman
07-11-2012, 12:47 AM

I got my 25th chip with 15 minutes left in the event and placed 346th. So i'm guessing that there were a lot of people who finished with 25 chips and didn't make the cut based on level. I'm at level 200, so of all the people with 25 chips, the few at level 200 would have been guaranteed the prize. The same can't be said if your level wasn't high enough.

Seany527
07-11-2012, 01:04 AM
I don't even really do the events anymore. I use to do a little gold when prizes were 3 5 7 9 10. Never got to 10. Last time I didnt use any gold because now you need 20, I used cash. This time I'm not even using cash. Just the free option.

What is happening to this game?? :(

sister morphine
07-11-2012, 01:42 AM
Piss take of an event, just switched on and the leader has almost 100. How much money do these dudes put into these events?? An absolute waste, recession obviously isn't a worldwide thing!! I can see why gree do it this way cause they are cleaning up but they are ****ing it up for most of us who treat it for what it is, a game. At this stage I won't even use in game cash cause it's pointless. Gree can stick their events up their golden holes..
I got to ask how much satisfaction the likes of xenoke and iceman can possibly get from this game if both now have stats in excess of 200K. There's nobody to challenge them in the spending stakes; now it's just a p**** substitute.

PawnXIIX
07-11-2012, 02:05 AM
Pardon me...But when I made this same type of post about the event a week ago everybody called me a whiner...

...excuse me?

Rgf111
07-11-2012, 02:56 AM

I'm kinda torn.. i agree it was better with the intervals at 3,6,9,10 for the free players but then you have to think if you was running this business and you knew you could make a lot of money off the gold/gem buyers would you do it? of course you would!! by making it harder means the gold/gem buyers won't feel like they are spending real money and not getting much more than the free players, so they will probably spend more. Also when we had no events we got no gold units without buying gold, now we can get them for free or with in-game money. I think they are trying to make it fun for everyone but more focused on gold/gem buyers but thats really just smart business... Don't get me wrong, I would still like to see the old style event return though as i did get all 10 using in-game money twice :) but it's not going to happen.

hinofwars
07-11-2012, 03:54 AM
I can see cc will finish very soon if they keep doing this type of event. Yes, I understand they want more money and I accept this. But the big gold spenders may spend less in the long run, this means they should encourage the free and small gold spenders to spend more. I think funzio should run 2 events at the same time, one is to maintain the big gold spender and the other one is to attract new customers. By doing this, cc can run forever and revenue will keep coming in.

Nyx
07-11-2012, 04:40 AM
I think they are trying to make it fun for everyone but more focused on gold/gem buyers but thats really just smart business...

How does a new event format that scares away free players, turns former gold spenders into free players and appeals to only a small minority of players who would have spent the gold anyway be considered smart business? If the intent is to screw the longevity of the game and milk the cash cow while it lasts then yes, it is smart business.

Reutdog
07-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Rgf111... It's not smart business, its a greedy marketing campaign. i run sales and marketing for a business that ive grown over 100% annually for the last 7 years, and i havent done it by attacking my customer's wallets. ive done it by offering an affordable options that meets their wants and needs. Customer feedback is important and its obvious this company doesn't care about that at all. its simply bad business ethics.

btw someone brought up a good point... did anyone else catch that they also raised the amount of gold it takes to open a crate/box from 15 to 20?? its ludacris

dudeman
07-11-2012, 06:14 AM
btw someone brought up a good point... did anyone else catch that they also raised the amount of gold it takes to open a crate/box from 15 to 20?? its ludacris

No, it's still 15 gold in CC. It has always been 20 gems in KA though.

WinkadInk
07-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Yeah...the events they use to have were good, now its plain bs..not gonna participate in the events anymore if they continue to be like this

cookie monster
07-11-2012, 06:35 AM
I think this system is universally reviled.

I don't recall reading a single post in favor of it.

hinofwars
07-11-2012, 06:51 AM
I think this system is universally reviled.

I don't recall reading a single post in favor of it.

True. No-one likes the new format. Hope they can improve it.

Chosen Pessimist
07-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Just started a hate thread. Speak loud to the Greed CEO's and the majority might win.

redinator
07-11-2012, 06:56 AM
This new event system has effectively eliminated whatever chance non-gold players had at obtaining the top rewards. At least with the prior system, even non-gold players had a chance (albeit a miniscule chance) to get the 10th item to get the event end-item. Just take a look at the leaderboards for the most recent 2 events and you'll see that the end event items are virtually unobtainable unless you spend gold.

I was thinking this exactly.

Los Angel
07-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Money talks that's all I have to say. :(

Sweetheart
07-11-2012, 07:53 AM
This event is wack. I don't understand how the top 25 have already hit over 20 shards. I seriously started the event maybe an hour after it started and there were already people with all four items. What the heck is going on? And to add insult to injury the leader board has been reduced.

I want that item but I don't want to break my checking account to get it. May be time for this sweetheart to quit cc and move on. Nice game until the greed for green killed it

xxx

cookie monster
07-11-2012, 08:09 AM
Rgf111... It's not smart business, its a greedy marketing campaign. i run sales and marketing for a business that ive grown over 100% annually for the last 7 years, and i havent done it by attacking my customer's wallets. ive done it by offering an affordable options that meets their wants and needs. Customer feedback is important and its obvious this company doesn't care about that at all. its simply bad business ethics.

No. Ludacris is a rapper/actor. Ludicrous is what this is.

Rgf111
07-11-2012, 08:17 AM

But they are still releasing these events and ignoring the majority so they must be making a lot of money from it! I dont see why they cant merge the events together? the old 3,6,9,10 and add 15,20 and keep the top 250 and 25 for the crazy gold/gem spenders, giving everyone something to play for!!

Reutdog
07-11-2012, 08:35 AM
But that would mean that they would have to offer a bigger prize at 10 that would have some type of benefit. GREE won't do that cause it would be counterproductive to the larger items for top 250 and top 25. Also, you're right... They are making money on the 1% of players who are willing to spend thousands on the game. But they're losing the larger percentage of players willing to spend $50 here and $100 there. I guarantee those players bring more money in over the long haul than the top 1%. think about it this way, what happens when GREE pushes away the regular players and those big spenders decide they're bored with this game and move on. No more income for CC. And to recover from that will be very difficult. It will cripple the game for GREE.

Cookie monster - you caught that, huh? Thought a little humor never hurt. :)

sexkitteh
07-11-2012, 08:52 AM
People... if Gree purchased the company for $210000000, they need to recover that money and make a profit...

They won't do this by sitting on their thumbs...

These games, like 99% of the other games, are designed to target your wallet... they don't spent a good part of their life developing games because of their good nature :P

I PERSONALLY would spend more money on this game if there was CASH rewards :D or even gold rewards...

But I much prefer gambling for money than little pictures on a phone :D

I can't wait till mobile gambling becomes legal :D

Max Power
07-11-2012, 09:09 AM
How does a new event format that scares away free players, turns former gold spenders into free players and appeals to only a small minority of players who would have spent the gold anyway be considered smart business? If the intent is to screw the longevity of the game and milk the cash cow while it lasts then yes, it is smart business.

Agree wholeheartedly.

While I am a case study of one, and we all know the value in that, I would buy one vault per event, for the most part, with the previous format. If you are asking me to spend hundred to thousands of dollars out of my retirement for something that will be gone in a year just to compete, forget it. I just laugh at some of these people now buying 6 vaults of gold to get 2nd prize of marginal value when you used to be able to do it for one. How retarded is that?

Of course, only Greed can see the bottom line. Maybe they think the extra sales in these events are sustainable. Maybe the number of people actually buying gold for older events wasn't that high, so they are trying to monetize that core group to the max. Maybe they think the Mayans are gonna end us on December 21st and this entire thing is designed around that, who knows?

What I do know is that when I am already 20 chips behind when the event first loads, I don't even consider wasting a nickel on the stuff. And I don't think I am in the minority in that regard.

cookie monster
07-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Agree wholeheartedly.

While I am a case study of one, and we all know the value in that, I would buy one vault per event, for the most part, with the previous format. If you are asking me to spend hundred to thousands of dollars out of my retirement for something that will be gone in a year just to compete, forget it. I just laugh at some of these people now buying 6 vaults of gold to get 2nd prize of marginal value when you used to be able to do it for one. How retarded is that?

Of course, only Greed can see the bottom line. Maybe they think the extra sales in these events are sustainable. Maybe the number of people actually buying gold for older events wasn't that high, so they are trying to monetize that core group to the max. Maybe they think the Mayans are gonna end us on December 21st and this entire thing is designed around that, who knows?

What I do know is that when I am already 20 chips behind when the event first loads, I don't even consider wasting a nickel on the stuff. And I don't think I am in the minority in that regard.

I think you and I both observed separately on the previous event that while this structure will certainly bleed the addicts out of more money, the trade off is that it alienates the casual spender who gets an actual list of people who are willing to spend WAY more money than he/she is.

The fact that they cut the prize group in half and lowered the prize only makes sense if this is an experiment to find how flat the demand for prizes is. Is it enough that the prize is called a prize or does it actually have to be something useful enough to affect game play for people to spend money to attain it?

That's the only logical explanation I can come up with for why they'd make the changes they made when there was universal dislike on this board, which if nothing else is basically a focus group of their customers who provide feedback readily on their games and initiatives.

PawnXIIX
07-11-2012, 03:18 PM

I just can't get over how you people all agree with this a week after I posted it and you guys all called me a complainer and a whiner. What's with the sudden hipocracy? O.o

I said last event that it was extremely one sided for the people who spent gold, and how people who don't spend gold are going to be out of the money for the events and I had 2 pages of people calling me a whiner, a complainer, and telling me that we complain in general on the forums too much.

What happened to all that and suddenly it takes people 1 week to have a change of heart? I'm just lost.

I point you all to this post:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36733-New-Event-far-too-One-Sided&highlight=Event+Sided

Plux
07-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Hold on a minute, isn't this market forces amongst players! My rivals choose to set the price of being in the top 25 or 250. If you want to criticise, I'd aim a message at those who are pushing you out of the market. Again, Value vs Price, it's a learning curve.

Edit: If you don't want to spend gold, you don't have too. It's your choice if you want to follow the leader and try for a special item or go your own pace and collect the normal 4 items. Let them spend the gold, don't be sheep, don't keep up with the Jones' be yourself and play your own game at your own pace as you should do!

<3 Hz
07-11-2012, 04:48 PM
From a business perspective, this company could actually be doing more to make more profit. My idea of a gold explosive that would give players 1 million attack & 1 million defense for $50,000 would net the company tens of millions of dollars of revenue per week.

The top 0.00001 percent of the worlds wealthiest people all play this game, milk 'em good funzio, gre or whatever you all are called now.

Steve0
07-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Hold on a minute, isn't this market forces amongst players! My rivals choose to set the price of being in the top 25 or 250. If you want to criticise, I'd aim a message at those who are pushing you out of the market. Again, Value vs Price, it's a learning curve.

Edit: If you don't want to spend gold, you don't have too. It's your choice if you want to follow the leader and try for a special item or go your own pace and collect the normal 4 items. Let them spend the gold, don't be sheep, don't keep up with the Jones' be yourself and play your own game at your own pace as you should do!

I only have one Shard Funzio is getting the finger from me on this event, and this event is why I havent and will not spend any gold EVER. its not about being the best the next guy or gal will beat you always unless you are the one with the money to burn. I will be going super slow from now on this game no need to Keep up with the Jones'

steamboatwilly
07-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Pardon me...But when I made this same type of post about the event a week ago everybody called me a whiner...

...excuse me?

it funny like that isn't it. been there done that!

But i do agree with most of the replies. I would not feel so ****d if the smaller prizes were more consistent. 10K is a slap in the face if you pay more than that to get it. But i like the weapons and all the enhanced bikes. But those are far and few between lately. I actually like the scratch off more than the events.

I also have a game going in Kingdom age and this style event was happening as the last old style event was happening in crime city. The one before the chip i think. i did not care for it then and since i always seem to get the event start late, dont care for it now. I will not spend anymore gold on these events. Buildings only.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-11-2012, 06:48 PM

Now that is way too insightful to have come from a max keiser viewer! Lol jk....forex huh, you really are a gambling man just exchange the term vaults for lots and now were talking about my other "habit"

DenZ1
07-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Now that is way too insightful to have come from a max keiser viewer! Lol jk....forex huh, you really are a gambling man just exchange the term vaults for lots and now were talking about my other "habit"
Which pair you prefer? Eurodollar or cable? :)

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Which pair you prefer? Eurodollar or cable? :)

Taking forex advice from me is like taking crime city advice from joaq....ok too easy only joking lol!

Actually lots of movement in euro zone these days, one prob, who knows wtf is going to happen there! Never been big into cable pairs. Probably cause I'm an idiot I play forex like CC, slots sometimes I hit big...then I get Gree dy

dudeman
07-11-2012, 08:37 PM
If the KA event that just started today is any indication of things to come, the next CC BS event will be top 50/250, with an additional prize for #1.

These games are turning into garbage real fast. Where is the motivation for free players to even bother anymore?

Fredo
07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
dudeman is right -my god, if you think the event format is bad in CC now, you should see the event in KA and take it as an indication of things to come. Not only does the "number one winner" get a powerful item in its own right, it also ACTIVELY MAKES ALL OTHER PLAYERS WEAKER as its special skill. Wow. Oh yeah, the top 50 also get an item that makes all other players weak too. Sweet.

dudeman
07-11-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm calling it now; This game will not make it far into next year. It's being driven into the ground. Anyone who spends large sums of money on CC now is making a very foolish short-term "investment" and is going to be pretty upset seeing all their time and monetary contributions all disappear into the inter-spacial ether. For anyone else who thinks their small contributions are going towards "supporting the game", I have a question for you. Do you always walk around blind and lying to yourself, or is this a first-time learning experience that you will not repeat?

Fredo
07-11-2012, 09:18 PM
I second that - the only potential salvation is to change course. If these new events and modifications to the game are being driven by Gree - and let's face it, they are - I think there is a huge cultural divide that they're failing to grasp here. One of the primary rules in business is to know your customer base, and guess what, outside of Japan your customers might approach this game and their sending habits much differently.

RijilV
07-11-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm calling it now; This game will not make it far into next year. It's being driven into the ground. Anyone who spends large sums of money on CC now is making a very foolish short-term "investment" and is going to be pretty upset seeing all their time and monetary contributions all disappear into the inter-spacial ether. For anyone else who thinks their small contributions are going towards "supporting the game", I have a question for you. Do you always walk around blind and lying to yourself, or is this a first-time learning experience that you will not repeat?

+1, if you're still buying gold, guess what, you're gonna get milked for the last dollar and GREEd/conzio is likely already planning their next game to sucker in the next batch of bank accounts to swindle out of real world currency. Keep up the good work there spending $$,$$$ on this game that'll be gone within the year.

NTM
07-12-2012, 03:22 AM
These games are turning into garbage real fast. Where is the motivation for free players to even bother anymore?

when i start 2 month ago i find this game cool, but after 1 month and some vaults of gold i have many question...

i don't see the point of this game, except Buy Gold always, the game is always on event and u can't play with out gold.

u have reason there is no motivation.. i'm addict like many players in 2 day's but when u see u buy gold and that give u nothing.. lol.. that why i have stop to buy gold and play only like a flash game when i have time.. but i don't spend no more any € that sure, no content and no realy funny to have to spend so many real money..

tjey don't care about this, they survive only with the new pkayers ( like me last 2 month ) but when the player see the got nothing.. they stop to buy...

i understand players who hack money, before i don't like but now i understand.. scam to scam... thaht the answer from cheaters to funzion, and i agree now.

hinofwars
07-12-2012, 04:05 AM
when i start 2 month ago i find this game cool, but after 1 month and some vaults of gold i have many question...

i don't see the point of this game, except Buy Gold always, the game is always on event and u can't play with out gold.

u have reason there is no motivation.. i'm addict like many players in 2 day's but when u see u buy gold and that give u nothing.. lol.. that why i have stop to buy gold and play only like a flash game when i have time.. but i don't spend no more any € that sure, no content and no realy funny to have to spend so many real money..

tjey don't care about this, they survive only with the new pkayers ( like me last 2 month ) but when the player see the got nothing.. they stop to buy...

i understand players who hack money, before i don't like but now i understand.. scam to scam... thaht the answer from cheaters to funzion, and i agree now.

I have play cc nearly 9 months now and I have to agree what you said. At the start, the event is so great and fun although it is hard to get the 10th item. Then, they introduced the pvp event and I love it so much. I thought they are doing a great job to keep customers. But after it has finished, it is going downhill and they started to introduce the new format. Ok, I understand that they want to make money and it is fine. There are some free players got the top 500 prize. Then it got even more worse, the prize was capped.

Now even the small gold spenders like me are not willing to spend money due to this event. Funzio, I am telling you that you will go out of business very soon if you don't find a way to keep us happy.

Second Comming
07-12-2012, 04:08 AM
The game actually improved when events were first introduced, it improved imo slightly more with the PVP and economy events running alongside crates. The only thing that they still refuse to address is game balance.

Although cost of gold has always been high funzio kept some kind of balance to the game. The game is undortunately being run into the ground and I while heartedly agree 100% with the negative feedback being posted in this thread.

IF Greed want this game to carry on suceeding, and it has the potential to suceed for a long time they really need to take a step back and improve the game in aevery possible way where exessibe gold spending is not all hey focus on. Funzio pushed gold spending to the limits but gree are ruining a very good game.

1) Know your customer base

2) Listen to your customers feedback, especially the negative comments if they are agreed upon by huge amounts of the population

3) Think long term (I deleted MW because I know it will cost me like this game has and also know the company from nearly a year in cc) I wont even try new games from this company.

4) Build a positive reputation for the company. Im glad gree paid so much money to funzio, I cant wait to see the final quarter profits because by then It would not suprise me if they are 100% less than the 3rd quarter with what they are doing to the game(s) we lOve and spend so much time playing.

Seriously - wtf Gree

buddylee
07-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Has there been a comparison between gold spent on the previous events (Funzio) vs current events (Gree). Just curious.
I think <3 Hz says it best in her signature "My stats aren't that great, but I only paid $0.00 for them."

<3 Hz, are you still having fun regardless of the event change? And Baroness is still getting her crack fix. To each their own. End of story.

DenZ1
07-12-2012, 10:10 AM
Funzio, I am telling you that you will go out of business very soon if you don't find a way to keep us happy.
I think I'll second to that. They can't keep just off 100 people with very deep wallets or access to unlimited funding from parents.

ogel45
07-12-2012, 11:35 AM
I can't possibly win so I don't even try. And using game cash is pretty much a waste so I only use the free option which has yet to open a single thing. 10 more levels and I win so who cares anyhow?

skorpio696
07-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Bump...... +1 This New Event Style is most disappointing 25/250 TO Win top 2 prizes what a joke No more Gold For This Little Black Duck

Nugget
07-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Definately agree. It also makes it easier to quit the game. I would think more people will end up quitting as they just can't keep up. At least with the other format you could still be competitive by getting 3, 5 or 7 items. I didn't even have to open many boxes then. Now I can only get to 5, but 10 is a lot harder. I have to log in so much more to open more boxes, so if I start missing some opens, I just start to realize how far behind I am so what's the point of even trying?

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 09:23 AM
You guys are hilarious... I'm going to quit because there are people that are better than me! wah wah wah...

Are you going to quit your job because JoeBlow is making more money than you?

Are you going to quit life because John Travolta's house is freaking huge with a plane in his driveway?

PA-THE-TIC!

You all sound like a bunch of losers - here's the definition BTW - correct me you are not a loser:

A person who accepts defeat with [...] bad grace

Funzio, I am telling you that you will go out of business very soon if you don't find a way to keep us happy.

mmmmm I think funzio is out of business since they got purchased for 200million USD...

I think they are very happy being "out of business"

Ziva
07-13-2012, 10:23 AM
I just can't get over how you people all agree with this a week after I posted it and you guys all called me a complainer and a whiner. What's with the sudden hipocracy? O.o

I said last event that it was extremely one sided for the people who spent gold, and how people who don't spend gold are going to be out of the money for the events and I had 2 pages of people calling me a whiner, a complainer, and telling me that we complain in general on the forums too much.

What happened to all that and suddenly it takes people 1 week to have a change of heart? I'm just lost.

I point you all to this post:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36733-New-Event-far-too-One-Sided&highlight=Event+Sided

I know how you feel. The same thing has happened to me when I posted about an issue that others have also addressed; I got blasted while at the same time the other girl got tons of help and support from everyone. I'm sorry it happened to you, too. That's why I rarely post comments here anymore, but I wanted to give you a boost of support. It seems that the forum is a popularity contest.

Ziva
07-13-2012, 10:52 AM
I had hoped that when Funzio was bought out we'd actually benefit from it somehow, but it's very obvious that I was wrong. This new company, Gree, really is short for Greed, and I know that nothing is ever going to change as long as there are people who are willing to pay that much money for a virtual item. In fact, I'm sure it will only get worse as Gree gets even Greedier. I promise that I won't help them by purchasing a ton of gold.

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 10:58 AM
I had hoped that when Funzio was bought out we'd actually benefit from it somehow, but it's very obvious that I was wrong. This new company, Gree, really is short for Greed, and I know that nothing is ever going to change as long as there are people who are willing to pay that much money for a virtual item. In fact, I'm sure it will only get worse as Gree gets even Greedier. I promise that I won't help them by purchasing a ton of gold.

Do you ever buy stuff made in China or India? Cause you are promoting child labor... and handing your money over to real Greedy people... This is a game... you aren't forced to spend money... it's probably the best "free" game available...

Do you own a cell phone??? Cause you are most likely spending what... $100 a month? For what? Invisible waves that float through space???

Your logic is broken... think of all the "virtual" stuff you spend money on... when you go to the movie theater... that's virtual... you don't get anything out of it... when you spend money on a video game for your PS3... that's virtual... when you pay for your Cable TV...

Gosh... you might as well be amish with your reasoning...

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
^nudie and I get physical release when we go to movie theaters does that count?

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 11:05 AM

That's pretty sad... o_0

I'm trying to like you Baron... but you really need to proof read your thoughts before hitting the Post button..

Nudie
07-13-2012, 11:05 AM

Shhhh! I love you too but do we have to go public so soon? :o

Nudie
07-13-2012, 11:06 AM
That's pretty sad... o_0

I'm trying to like you Baron... but you really need to proof read your thoughts before hitting the Post button..

Quit brow beating my b*tch, you scary clown you! :mad:

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Quit brow beating my b*tch, you scary clown you! :mad:

MYBAD!!!!

I'm just being honest tho...

Nudie
07-13-2012, 11:22 AM
MYBAD!!!!

I'm just being honest tho...

That's OK. Wanna go to a movie theater with me? :o

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 11:23 AM
That's OK. Wanna go to a movie theater with me? :o

Sure - what are we watching?

Nudie
07-13-2012, 11:24 AM
Sure - what are we watching?

Debbie does Dallas, my all time fave. :p

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Debbie does Dallas, my all time fave. :p

Debbie who goes where?!?!?! o_0

I've never heard of this... it better no be p0rn

Nudie
07-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Debbie who goes where?!?!?! o_0

I've never heard of this... it better no be p0rn

OMG! sexkitteh is a ten year old girl! :eek:

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 11:34 AM
OMG! sexkitteh is a ten year old girl! :eek:

OMG! it is porn... wtf?! why would you post that you perv :P

Nudie
07-13-2012, 11:36 AM
OMG! it is porn... wtf?! why would you post that you perv :P

Sorry hun, I thought you were legal. Just run along now... :rolleyes:

Ziva
07-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Do you ever buy stuff made in China or India? Cause you are promoting child labor... and handing your money over to real Greedy people... This is a game... you aren't forced to spend money... it's probably the best "free" game available...

Do you own a cell phone??? Cause you are most likely spending what... $100 a month? For what? Invisible waves that float through space???

Your logic is broken... think of all the "virtual" stuff you spend money on... when you go to the movie theater... that's virtual... you don't get anything out of it... when you spend money on a video game for your PS3... that's virtual... when you pay for your Cable TV...

Gosh... you might as well be amish with your reasoning...

You have a lot of nerve saying those things to me when you don't even know me at all. I am not able to afford to do most of what you said. I was an RN and was at work 3 years ago when I had a stroke in my office at age 44. I am totally and permanently disabled after having 5 strokes in the past 3 years. The most recent one was in April of this year. I spend what little money I have to pay for Doctors, hospitals, and medicine; I also have to pay the normal household bills. I don't have the physical ability or the luxury to go to movies, or buy a playstation, etc. I play this game and others as my options for any personal entertainment is very limited. I have been enjoying this game very much as I have been very fortunate to have made many wonderful new friends and I enjoy talking to them since I don't have any family and I am alone most of the time. I have purchased some gold when I could afford it, but with this new company already proving to be even more greedy than Funzio was I might have to join the others who have already quit this game for the same reason of simply being unable to afford to compete with the huge money players. There are many other people who play this game that are disabled as well including many Veterans of the Armed forces. I was an Air Force wife and I have more respect for them than anyone who has never seen what they really do for their country on a daily basis. So the next time you feel the urge to lash out at someone else that you do not know maybe you should think about what you are saying.

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 11:55 AM
You have a lot of nerve saying those things to me when you don't even know me at all. I am not able to afford to do most of what you said. I was an RN and was at work 3 years ago when I had a stroke in my office at age 44. I am totally and permanently disabled after having 5 strokes in the past 3 years. The most recent one was in April of this year. I spend what little money I have to pay for Doctors, hospitals, and medicine; I also have to pay the normal household bills. I don't have the physical ability or the luxury to go to movies, or buy a playstation, etc. I play this game and others as my options for any personal entertainment is very limited. I have been enjoying this game very much as I have been very fortunate to have made many wonderful new friends and I enjoy talking to them since I don't have any family and I am alone most of the time. I have purchased some gold when I could afford it, but with this new company already proving to be even more greedy than Funzio was I might have to join the others who have already quit this game for the same reason of simply being unable to afford to compete with the huge money players. There are many other people who play this game that are disabled as well including many Veterans of the Armed forces. I was an Air Force wife and I have more respect for them than anyone who has never seen what they really do for their country on a daily basis. So the next time you feel the urge to lash out at someone else that you do not know maybe you should think about what you are saying.

I wasn't lashing out...

You are calling a company that has done well for themselves greedy...

So by your reasoning... because they made money, they don't need to make anymore of it o_0

Why do people think that a game on a phone should be free just because??? Why do people think that others are not entitled to get rich???

I hope your life turns around... seriously... but to flame a company and call them greedy because they are making money is stupid...

montecore
07-13-2012, 12:09 PM
I think his point is that the game would be better if all gold bought were instant upgrades, etc. So that real cash could speed things up but you wouldnt be doomed to lose as yiu are now.

Ziva
07-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I wasn't lashing out...

So by your reasoning... because they made money, they don't need to make anymore of it o_0

Why do people think that a game on a phone should be free just because??? Why do people think that others are not entitled to get rich???

I hope your life turns around... seriously... but to flame a company and call them greedy because they are making money is stupid...

You are either incredibly rich or dense; of which I'm not sure, but it's possibly both. I am not saying that the company does not have the right to make money. I have already told you that I have bought gold when I could afford to. I do, however, strongly disagree with the company designing this game in such a way that only the truly wealthy people who are willing to pay thousands of dollars on this game will be able to compete and therefore continue to enjoy playing.

Second Comming
07-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Most ppl are disagreing with the way they are doing it. They are ruining a very good game right now. They dont adress any game balance issues, nor add content (for a god damn mobile app) that adds to the game if it does not involve gold.

The game is being run into the ground... They could keep the events rolling but for godsake listen to what the community wants .... I mean the ppl in the top 25 are startig to be seen by many as idiots - whats that going to do forthe game in the long run?

cookie monster
07-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I wasn't lashing out...

I agree with you on some of this, disagree on the rest.

I have no problem with people making money... as long as it's up front and above the table. Also, as someone who has a finance degree, I have an issue with people sacrificing long-term profitability for a short-term cash-out. The bottom line is that loyal players are dropping off this game like dead skin cells. Another couple of events, most people on this forum will have bailed. Meanwhile... and lets be honest about this, the leadersboard is topped by people who could not possibly have spent the kind of money on this game to get there. It is beyond anything rational or irrational to believe that spending money on gold is what got them to the top. They hacked the game. If most people wouldn't spend $100 on this game, why do we assume there're people out there who're spending 10 times that on each event.

Funzio is not making money off that. If they'd come out in three days and say, 'sorry we did this, but it was all an attempt to catch people we felt were cheating all along" then I think we would respect that effort.

wolfboy
07-13-2012, 03:43 PM

I second that 100%

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 03:51 PM
whats that going to do forthe game in the long run?

Well - like anything else supply/demand - the game might actually balance itself out durrr....

I mean people are paying the prices right now to get into top 25.... they drive the price up - not the company.

If they keep pumping it out there will always maybe be a couple of crazies that will drop a tone of cash - but the logic thinker like me will say... I'll wait till the next event... and the next event... because eventually the consumer will have had enough... and then it will drop to new tier... and then a new tier... till everyone will have a fair kick at the game...

It's a new idea - that's why people are spending money on it now... notice how kevin isn't number 1 this time around?

Next time "I" won't be maybe either and/or iceman... so maybe the number of shards will drop from 100 to say... 75... then it will eventually be 50 then 30 it will work its way down... everything will eventually come down...

IF THE DEMAND GOES DOWN!

Remember - these are player driven prices...

sexkitteh
07-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Cookie Monster - I agree with what you are saying...

However... as sad as it may be of a reality... I think people spend a tone of money on this game...

remember it's not all kids...

I played with a guy on another game that was dropping 1000 a month on a game... A MONTH!

He was the guy who installed 60% of all the security in las vegas casinos... very rich guy...

his logic was... I waste - WASTE - 10k a month on Poker... what's 1K into a strategic video game that entertains me?

Second Comming
07-13-2012, 04:22 PM
If they keep pumping it out there will always maybe be a couple of crazies that will drop a tone of cash - but the logic thinker like me will say... I'll wait till the next event... and the next event... because eventually the consumer will have had enough... and then it will drop to new tier... and then a new tier... till everyone will have a fair kick at the game...

Then the game will be dead and failed in a way it should not of. I know this is a differet ball game but WOW, EQ, and FFXI are all still going by listening to what their 'fan bases' want thus keeping the monthly fees comming in.

Gree seemingly have no intention of adding content to the game or fixing some kinda large balance issues..... Unless there is a way to incorporate gold into it.

I spent my gold wisely at tje right times to get ahead enough to stay well ahead of the majority of players but still able to find challenge in the game from the ppl with massive stats.

Im just a consumer and with the way consumer spending is ever changing maybe milking it right now IS the best thing to do, but improving the areas that need work on also will only encourage, prolong, and keep the gold comming in. Remember also this game would not be successful without the (50% appox) that decide to play without gold

hinofwars
07-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Remember also this game would not be successful without the (50% appox) that decide to play without gold

Totally agree. The free players will tell their friends about the game if it is good and these friends may spend money on the game. This will keep the revenue coming in and more revenue can be made.

I also play a lot of "free" games both on facebook and ios. In one of these game, I have played for 2 years and yet I play it every day and still find it interesting. When I play the game, my friends are around me and ask me about the game, so I recommend it to them and some of them actually then spend money on it.

That game is doing so well and there are so many people play it. Although there are many people play it for free, it can attract a lot of revenue from the advert or items which promote a brand in the game. This shows free players can also help the company to gain revenue.

I believe Funzio is going the opposite way, it is trying to reduce the number of players and then no-one will want to spend because they can't keep us happy.

Khayman
07-13-2012, 04:51 PM
New events: 1/10
To win you need to be a hardcore gold spender. To get in the 250-500 you need to be a casual gold spender or have TONS of luck

Old events: 4/10
You have a chance even if you don't spend money. It helps, of course, but it's not 100% required. But, there are a lot of random and i spent 6000 golds to get the 10'th item to get the "free banking" item and i failed hard.

"Pvp" event: 10/10
You can earn the amazing item if you work hard. I did and got it (#477) being lvl 93, 29 stamina and 0 gold spent. No random, just "justice". But, i know, the sistem can`t be so for ever and i can't imagine variations. In any way this was my favorite event by far.

hinofwars
07-13-2012, 04:55 PM
New events: 1/10
To win you need to be a hardcore gold spender. To get in the 250-500 you need to be a casual gold spender or have TONS of luck

Old events: 4/10
You have a chance even if you don't spend money. It helps, of course, but it's not 100% required. But, there are a lot of random and i spent 6000 golds to get the 10'th item to get the "free banking" item and i failed hard.

"Pvp" event: 10/10
You can earn the amazing item if you work hard. I did and got it (#477) being lvl 93, 29 stamina and 0 gold spent. No random, just "justice". But, i know, the sistem can`t be so for ever and i can't imagine variations. In any way this was my favorite event by far.

The new event should be 0/10. Oh wait, it should be

Second Comming
07-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Totally agree. The free players will tell their friends about the game if it is good and these friends may spend money on the game. This will keep the revenue coming in and more revenue can be made.

I also play a lot of "free" games both on facebook and ios. In one of these game, I have played for 2 years and yet I play it every day and still find it interesting. When I play the game, my friends are around me and ask me about the game, so I recommend it to them and some of them actually then spend money on it.

That game is doing so well and there are so many people play it. Although there are many people play it for free, it can attract a lot of revenue from the advert or items which promote a brand in the game. This shows free players can also help the company to gain revenue.

I believe Funzio is going the opposite way, it is trying to reduce the number of players and then no-one will want to spend because they can't keep us happy.

++++++1000

I recommended cc to many friends but I have not mentioned the game in a good way or at all for the past month at least

theONE
07-14-2012, 04:50 AM
stupid loser company ruining a free game with there casino gambling marketing schemes to get rich

k0de
07-14-2012, 08:24 AM
There's an event on? I thought it was over because I haven't been able to find a shard for nearly two days. And it's not like I'm on the verge of getting something awesome either- if I get another one it'll be number 12 and I'll be rewarded with... sweet fck-all.

I think for the next event, players should be made to compete for every prize on offer. The structure would be as follows-

Top 5
[Weapon] 9001/9001 + Mafia cap increases by 500

Top 10
[Weapon] 300/600 + Building defense stats apply as advertised

11-50
[Weapon] 100/90

51-100
[Weapon] 50/80

101-250
[Weapon] 40/30

251-500
Rusty Enhanced Bike 3/4

All other participants
Choice of either 4® or a boot in the arse

Winners should expect to see prizes appearing in their inventory within approximately 4-6 weeks of the event closing. During this time, a large "Collect Now" button should be displayed at the bottom of the screen allowing prizewinners who do not wish to wait, the option to pay gold and be awarded their prizes instantly, much the same as instantly completing a build/upgrade using gold.

Also, there should be some changes made to the prizes found in open boxes.
-® should be reduced from 300 to no more than 100
-The top in-game cash prize should not exceed 80% of the cost of opening a box, with the more common one being a flat payout of $7.
-Guns/Melee/Armor/Vehicles should be replaced with consumable explosives of three tiers where A never exceeds 50% of D and D never exceeds 3.
-Boxes should not begin dropping from jobs until the halfway point of the event. Prior to this, boxes should be available for 30g each/3 for 89g.
-The price for timer resets should either double or triple.
-The reset mechanism should be changed to deduct a maximum of 30mins from the countdown.
-Replace the Free(low)/Cash("fair")/Gold(100%) opening options with a new set structured something along the lines of- Free(really low)/Cash(low)/Gold(75%)/Gold(90%) and priced as- Free/$L*100/30g/35g with a view towards phasing out the non-gold options in the near future or possibly replacing them functionally with something of greater earning potential (such as gold opening options).

When implemented, the changes above should create a more evenly balanced game and and a better, more enjoyable gaming experience for all players.

Trendsetter811
07-14-2012, 08:39 PM

Love the avy!!! Watching American Dad as we speak love it!!!

Lars
07-15-2012, 02:50 AM
I think for the next event, players should be made to compete for every prize on offer. The structure would be as follows-
[...]

Brilliant!

Top 10
[Weapon] 300/600 + Building defense stats apply as advertised

Made me laugh especially hard.

platinump
07-15-2012, 03:25 AM
Mrs plat isn't participating in this one and if next event is same leader board style I won't be either

NTM
07-15-2012, 03:28 AM
stupid loser company ruining a free game with there casino gambling marketing schemes to get rich

yup... tha what i say all day that not a game... just a flashgame where u buy all... what game (lol).....

no player here just a buyer.