PDA

View Full Version : Boosts!

JohnnyR
07-10-2012, 07:31 PM
I know there is a ton of talk regarding boosts. What I want is a fresh discussion to hopefully clarify a few points. I'm thinking get all the questions out there, get them answered, and then have them all here on the very first post as a reference.

Boost facts (as far as I know, please let me know otherwise!!!):

Nation boost affects both attack and defense of only the unit type of selected choice. Example: Russia flag boosts both attack and defense stats of air units.

Unit building boosts affect both attack and defense of selected unit type. Example: Naval Research boosts both attack and defense of sea units.

Boosted units show up higher and more to the left than unboosted units despite lower starting stats.

Composites boosts defense of all units in defense group.

What we need figured out:

How are boosts added together? Is it figured out by adding each boost individually from the base stat, or is it figured by adding each boost on top of the previous boosted total?

Can boosted units get crowded out of the attack group because of lower starting stats? For instance-can an inflateable boosted by the Naval Research building to level 10 and a nation boost push an A 10 Warthog out of the attack group? I know they can be rearranged in the 45 unit battle screen, but does the cutoff mechanism that decides which units make it to the attack group also work under the same set of rules that govern placement?

Does every rival from each country see every other rival from different countries the same? In other words, do Russia and USA and China all see Germany the same, and vice versa?

This is just a starter guide, I hope to see more questions and answers to update this post later for use as a reference.

Regarding providing an answer, please stick with actual evidence, not theories or conjecture. Theories and conjecture aremgreat for sources of questions and for discussion, but not to be passed off as actual fact. Discussion is totally welcome, crazy ideas too, I just don't want anything passed off as a fact to be something pulled out of someone's butt-evidence please!

Funzio/GREE correspondence 100% welcome!

JohnnyR
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Reserved...

JohnnyR
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Reserved....

Dreno33
07-10-2012, 07:39 PM
i've heard recently in other threads (linked in FAQ thread comments, that people are unsure if the boost buildings of certain type of units boosts attack AND defense. it seems common sense to boost both but that is just what I've heard...

JohnnyR
07-10-2012, 07:41 PM
i've heard recently in other threads (linked in FAQ thread comments, that people are unsure if the boost buildings of certain type of units boosts attack AND defense. it seems common sense to boost both but that is just what I've heard...

In about 23 hours I'll know for sure.

My defense is boosted too far to be simply my composites. :-/

Dirty Doug
07-10-2012, 07:54 PM
I can say I am 100% positive that when I upgrade my boost buildings both my offense AND defense stats go up.

JMC
07-10-2012, 08:12 PM
They both go up.

Q Raider
07-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Unit Composition:
I use an Excel spreadsheet to work out my bottom unit which is based purely on the base unit value plus country boost.
I do not include the various building boosts into the calculation.
Apart from one oddity which I believe is an alphabetical matter my list precisely agrees with that of the results page after an attack/raid.
I have never lost a unit that is not in my Attack list in over 20,000 events so it must be reasonably accurate.

The Assault Bear DOES NOT provide any visual indication of boosting your ground attack by 30%, I still have not a clue as to whether it works or not.

I have just completed a calculation on my attack strength in my Excel sheet versus the game, result was 99.99% accurate. The boosts multiply together (ie Russia bonus = 1.1, hangar bonus = 1.1, overall bonus is 1.21).

Stats are a little more off for the Defence side of things but still above 99% using the same calculation. I will do a bit more work here as it may be that the Composite building DOES NOT boost the stats of your defence buildings, only your units.

JohnnyR
07-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Q, this is exactly what's needed. Thanks for chiming in.

As for the composites, it's description states that unit defense is what goes up, so the defense buildings probably don't factor. Kitty experienced the same problem I recall.

Dreno33
07-10-2012, 09:06 PM
ya know, I can help once I lvl to 16 and buy my composite factory. I will be starting off fresh with ONLY my nation boost to compare. Any questions on the composite factory that I should keep in mind when I first buy and start to upgrade it????

JohnnyR
07-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Wow, cool!

Record your before and after stats (of course, right? :-p ).

Maybe put up post on your wall asking rivals to post the stats they see, and country they are to figure out if different flags see different stats. Before and after on this as well. Kinda want to pinpoint where a divergence in visible stats take place,and if there even is one.

Warfiend
07-10-2012, 09:37 PM
I have just completed a calculation on my attack strength in my Excel sheet versus the game, result was 99.99% accurate. The boosts multiply together (ie Russia bonus = 1.1, hangar bonus = 1.1, overall bonus is 1.21).

When I got my first boost building in addition to the composite, the boost I observed in my stats seemed to fit that as well. I did the calculations on a calculator rather than a spreadsheet, so i don't have any data saved. I've never been able to break the calculator habit. :D

Dreno33
07-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Wow, cool!

Record your before and after stats (of course, right? :-p ).

Maybe put up post on your wall asking rivals to post the stats they see, and country they are to figure out if different flags see different stats. Before and after on this as well. Kinda want to pinpoint where a divergence in visible stats take place,and if there even is one.

i will try, but at a low level like mine, all the rivals are still too stupid to click raid before blindly attacking. then lose, then move on. i haven't lost an attack or raid yet, and have gotten seldom posts on my wall saying nice base, add me, etc. there are a lot of blind attackers at lvl 13 still