PDA

View Full Version : Quite surprised people are going for this one

procsyzarc
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Looked at the reward and first thoughts were, 5 extra mafia members is only a 1% increase in stats and even then that is assuming you have 505 of each of your best items in reality your 500 – 505 items in each slots will be way worse than your average so this is more like a 0.5% increase in stats at best.

Then I checked the leader board and saw people nearing 50 already.....I could certainly understand in the last event for big spenders 10% extra attack is huge but 5 mafia members is that really worth spending $1000’s on? Even at better than average 500th items say gun 20/22 melee 25/19 car 13/19 and armour 16/16 it is only a increase of 370/380. Now add that to the stats of the item and it is a nice boost but surely not worth spending $1000’s on when you compare it to the last item and what could be estimated to be coming.

iteachem
07-10-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.marlenemerritt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/lemmings-245x300.jpg

Brooklyn Boy
07-10-2012, 04:13 PM
I've come to the conclusion that this has nothing to do with the prizes anymore. Plain and simple it's a pissing contest! I can buy more gold then you can. I'm better then you. I saw this last event when you had all these people using gold right up to the end of the event when it was clear that they were going to win the prize anyway.

DoughBoy
07-10-2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.marlenemerritt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/lemmings-245x300.jpg

Funny! True as well. Is that you with the life preserver :) You know those poor lemmings in that famous video were set up.

The Billionaire
07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Yeah the modifiers are totally shocking for this event. I won the black widow shotgun tournament so the 100 attack skill doesn't really appeal to me at all and an extra 5 mafia members is an insult. I think Gree are seeing how far they can push the boundries and people are still going stupid and spending 1000's on gold.

Babytway
07-10-2012, 04:41 PM
with the old style format i had 50% chance of winning end item, new style with top 500 i had a lil less chance of winning end item, now with top 250 why even bother if your a free player :(

JuSt.SiCk
07-10-2012, 04:52 PM
yeah, i dont care anymore about this events. I just open my boxes every hour to get some free items. Wont spend any Gold on further events like this, it's just a waste of money.

Mikecore
07-10-2012, 04:55 PM
yeah, i dont care anymore about this events. I just open my boxes every hour to get some free items. Wont spend any Gold on further events like this, it's just a waste of money.

Same strategy here

dudeman
07-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Buying gold wasn't already a waste of money? :eek:

:o;):o

Dangerous Dan
07-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Same strategy here

Same here again.

The meeting Monday must have went very well. Subject: how can we squeeze more out of this before it dies.

WinkadInk
07-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Yeah I'm going 100% free route this one...couldmt even get 15 chips last event

dudeman
07-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Same here again.

The meeting Monday must have went very well. Subject: how can we squeeze more out of this before it dies.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPxW0m42vTbnlJGVvVkVijKhEWapBpK 3dBqEcckcBuE1fGLv8R

schnuffler
07-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Buying gold is a colossal f u cking waste of money. End of story. I've never known a game maker to so egregiously collect as much money as it possibly can from it's "customers".

procsyzarc
07-10-2012, 06:14 PM
with the old style format i had 50% chance of winning end item, new style with top 500 i had a lil less chance of winning end item, now with top 250 why even bother if your a free player :(

This, I actually liked this style more since you could see your progress and fair enough you weren't going to get the top prize without real money but a free player had a chance at the 500 prize if they were lucky and had the option to spend some gold to get it. Now with it being reduced to 250 there is no chance for a free player to get even the 2nd prize (I kinda thought it might have been justified in KA which I am guessing by forum activity has less players but could be wrong but should have stayed at 500 in cc) With this new set up event the fustrating 10 box system at least gave a chance.

I don't like CC enough anymore to justify spending any more money so won't go out of my way to open boxes at all since with 250 I have no chance at all with out gold.

dirtyred
07-10-2012, 06:21 PM
i make a decent living but i cant see spending even 100s of dollars for a chance to win a game weapon. Im too cheap to spend $5 on a hookah!

Swingle007
07-10-2012, 06:27 PM
No more event gold spending for me in the future either......if I buy anything it'll be a crate here and there or a limited item I like the look of (i.e. the 2 recent Mustangs). Maybe if we all chill with event spending they will see the light and change it back to the old way. We can hope anyway.... :-(

RijilV
07-10-2012, 06:41 PM
the non-top prizes suck here - not going to get into a gold spending fight with 249 other people to get 100 AT points. Hopefully I'll land 10 to get that car, I like the looks of it.

_dan_
07-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Thought about that since event started. 5 more mobs give you much less attack power than +100 attack.

Let say it give you about 500 attack points + 500 defense points.

While +100 attack give you about 1000 attack points.

Since you raise this issue, Funkio may adjust it to +10.

_dan_
07-10-2012, 06:56 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPxW0m42vTbnlJGVvVkVijKhEWapBpK 3dBqEcckcBuE1fGLv8R

Does that mean when no one pay, no more events, no more free items for everyone ?

Canoehead
07-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Spent 3 vaults to finish 64th in the last one. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. What is even more egregious about this auction than the last one is that some diligent non gold players snuck into the top 500 last time, but limiting the 2nd prize to 250 this time will squeeze those out - but probably cause the top 250 to spend more gold to make sure they get in. Count me out until some sanity and fairness returns. Oh, I'm 0 for 2 on opening so far, and I could care less

dudeman
07-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Does that mean when no one pay, no more events, no more free items for everyone ?

No, it means if people stop blowing their wads on the ridiculous cash grabs, with any luck Conzio might get some sense and figure out a way to make the game fun again instead of selling everything but the kitchen sink.

KemoKidd
07-10-2012, 07:07 PM
I think people want the item more for the stats of the weapon. 1000+ for both attack and defense is pretty sick. 5 more members?! Really? I just want to hit 20 shards.

_dan_
07-10-2012, 07:07 PM
If you somehow got all items from every event, that force you to pay for every event, you don't want to miss any (maybe just for collection)

If you can't get strong items from events, then it's too late to spend, you won't spend anymore.

RijilV
07-10-2012, 07:11 PM
No, it means if people stop blowing their wads on the ridiculous cash grabs, with any luck Conzio might get some sense and figure out a way to make the game fun again instead of selling everything but the kitchen sink.

Naw, once people stop dropping the bills GREEd will declare the game a failure and move on to a new set of users in a new game where they can do the same thing again.

_dan_
07-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Naw, once people stop dropping the bills GREEd will declare the game a failure and move on to a new set of users in a new game where they can do the same thing again.

+1 for RijilV.

210 million dollars. This CC cow should return at least 1/4 or they soon release CC2.

NTM
07-10-2012, 07:31 PM
1000$ ? left 5 day lol... i think maybe 10.000$ !

i don't spend any money that finish. gl to cash open.. why spend serious... i start and i see the 1st at 47.. tomorow when i wake up top 25 is maybe 100... lol bye gn ;)

Walsh
07-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Anybody else get the funny feeling of a gold sale this weekend? I personally spend my gold on crates and scratchers u get the best quality thru the crates. The +5 mafia could be real beneficial to the players willing to spend the money, the winners would have already spent close to 1000 dollars what's another 1000 on limited items or on scratchers winning one of those limited items

DenZ1
07-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Anybody else get the funny feeling of a gold sale this weekend? I personally spend my gold on crates and scratchers u get the best quality thru the crates. The +5 mafia could be real beneficial to the players willing to spend the money, the winners would have already spent close to 1000 dollars what's another 1000 on limited items or on scratchers winning one of those limited items

I got 28 common and 2 uncommon out of last 30 crates. 1 good rare in separate set though. How is it good? Anyway not everybody that "lucky"

Walsh
07-10-2012, 08:56 PM
I got 28 common and 2 uncommon out of last 30 crates. 1 good rare in separate set though. How is it good? Anyway not everybody that "lucky"

Your increasing your bottom line. If u have 500 guns and u add 28 common guns your lowest gun attack is increased. In comparison to the event the highest attack of a weapon was like 17. In the crates it usually over 20 plus crates have a chance of given u non consumable explosives which r invaluable

AppleMacGuy
07-11-2012, 03:05 AM
Yep, I agree this event is a total p!ss take...+100 attack and +5 extra mafia cap...wtf kind of rewards are those? A few people posted on my wall asking why I wasn't in the top 25 yet...well as it stands I'm simply not gonna spend any gold on this event. Good luck to those who think otherwise. I can barely be a$$ed doing the hourly opens for this sack of sh!t. Will I change my mind later? Well, there is an outside chance, but I very much doubt it...I'll spend a bit of gold on some of the new crates instead...

I think we'll be able to judge how this event is received by checking the tail end of the top 25...I think GREEdy will be eating some humble pie after this event cos the gold sales are gonna suck big time...

DoughBoy
07-11-2012, 05:22 AM
Yep, I agree this event is a total p!ss take...+100 attack and +5 extra mafia cap...wtf kind of rewards are those? A few people posted on my wall asking why I wasn't in the top 25 yet...well as it stands I'm simply not gonna spend any gold on this event. Good luck to those who think otherwise. I can barely be a$$ed doing the hourly opens for this sack of sh!t. Will I change my mind later? Well, there is an outside chance, but I very much doubt it...I'll spend a bit of gold on some of the new crates instead...

I think we'll be able to judge how this event is received by che
cking the tail end of the top 25...I think GREEdy will be eating some humble pie after this event cos the gold sales are gonna suck big time...

I hope that the small active group here actually reflects the larger group of players not in this forum.

Duncko
07-11-2012, 06:26 AM
I hope that the small active group here actually reflects the larger group of players not in this forum.

I think the small active group here actually only reflects the smallest group of players not in this forum.