PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Chest Event!

Crime City Mark
07-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Hey All!

Starting today, and going on until July 16th, is the Samurai Chest event! This will work like a standard lockbox leaderboard event.

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/GMOgreKing/CrimeCity/SamuraiChest-Dialog22x.png

The top 250 players will receive the Imperial Samurai Armor, giving +100 attack skill (which will show in your profile!). The top 25 will receive the Imperial Katana, which will increase your total mafia cap by 5, allowing some players the chance to go to 505 mafia (5 henchmen are included)!

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/GMOgreKing/CrimeCity/IMG_0004.png

WINNER LIST:

l
(CK)-Cold Squibty MB
Grimly Fiendish
bmbertini
Dragon D
billy
(CK) - Strife
xenoke
mauna kea
Prib
Janmaster
iceman
Jack
Rick9096
luke
Sam
rog the dodge
Archon
Scarface
La Roke
****head
sweetie
R.A.W. Jr.
Handsome john
Drama
h
Poo-Man
psycho
krimez
bomsquad
chappelle
robin
Rooster
big boy
jm
mnick
tam
laster
(CK)-CrackerJack
Logan
Rocco
Duron
Costas
Jarvis
Blue Wombat
Logan
Char
Gene
nycpizzalover
Megbone
camo
paul
Zee Money
righteousQ
(CK)- The Baroness
Missy
Johnny
pete
Ninja Nick
Peps
Ranga 9
Pascal
joeski
kevin
G. Zimmerman
Matthieu
zangief
geo
zack
Slim
cheddar
Milkz1
kid kool
MefistoZN
Dominicano
Raven
saywhat
gumboni
b
Mr Magoo
Dangerous Greg
Mud Hatter
slayer
Jimmy
pervert
Dutch
grit
Rob
joey z
Rectumripper
Frank Castle
Poppins
jeff
KoJirO
kid
Smookie
Brent
Xamot
“~再战风云★℡↗
evilc
mikey
Joe
(CK) kid
Jesse
jivarro
rhyk
Alex
Totti
Playa
Akasha
Alex
Jon
(Ck)-Grumps
Lionheart
big mac
Blondie
(CK)-Cool Cuzzo
babywipes
Reno
Chester
Big Bad Bo
Sir Daniel
GdubJ
Cuminmysights
BustDown
litlekel
MaxXx
g
Drew
Tommygun
Sleepy
Santo
skydiver2779
nhohn
stubby
taydawgg
Ultima
Evan
panda
talon razor
frank the tank
”~再战天神★℡↗
AppleMacGuy
shogun
Killer Uli
al the big
Wilson
iris
sala
lex
hammer
GuNN
drovetti
(CK)- EL
shonky
jer
The Robot Mafia
aky
Zaz
Nathan
mad
JayKing
Nicky G
Skulls24
Big Joee
trigger
Vicious V
puz
professor x
tree
steph
kizer Suza
Bobble
johan
Malice
nugg
afterschoolspecial
Hilti
Punisher
Nemesis911
Vince
sim
Brutefire
Kairosoft
elm
GerritRW
Daniel
glo
THE ROCK
joe
T Sizzle
joe
(CK)- Cold Commander
marcus areilous
bigsnoop68
boss
MarK
FLASH
money
MATLAB
taz
MAX
joe blogs
Mz Tiger
killa
Wiggles
TJ
JAKE
chibbybean
navi ho
Tissues
shaffy
CJ
Mark
steelman9
Eco baby
Dillinja
zak
hitmanz1
Tester60
dupek
Brooklyn Boy
Buhduhfookoh
bird
The Billionaire
berry
me
Spartan
JAG
Lee
flash
rodders
C Pimp
vital
Redsox
Finster
trouble
carosel
(CK) - Dirty Harry
trev
kid
Code 4
Ellen
goon
T
leanidas
Gavin
Alex
Gino
fricco
Adriana
goacidia

enahs1
07-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Please reply to my pm CCMark

GazLegend
07-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Top 25 get both again?

Crime City Mark
07-10-2012, 02:09 PM

Please don't try to hijack my threads with stuff like this.

Crime City Mark
07-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Top 25 get both again?

Yup, that is correct.

GazLegend
07-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Lol you got told off by the teacher

enahs1
07-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Yes sir, so it is only 5 extra mafia members? What good will this do? With 5 extra members you can only get 1000 or so stat boost...

Carlos,
07-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Is the old format gone forever? (the non-leaderboard one)

Hacksaw Paul
07-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I'd rather hoped you would have gone the other way with the amount of winners! for obvious reasons I feel I am beaten before I start TBH.
I will participate in this event in the hope of reaching 15 or so. Fingers crossed!

Gold luck to all players 😁 LOL!

joaquim
07-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Is the old format gone forever? (the non-leaderboard one)

Yea it's illegal in Japan and GREE said that they would stop using it on May 31.

Fredo
07-10-2012, 02:42 PM
I think the format change is driven by $, not by Japanese law, because they still have scratchers which would be equally prohibited. Plus, I don't think Japense law applies extraterritorially, and you can bet that they set up a U.S. based subsidiary that would not be subject to Japanese law that acquired Funzio. That, and the fact that they bought Funzio to get revenue from these types of events after being banned in Japan.

bigflan
07-10-2012, 02:45 PM
I think the format change is driven by $, not by Japanese law, because they still have scratchers which would be equally prohibited. Plus, I don't think Japense law plies extraterritorially, and you can bet that they set up a U.S. based subsidiary that would not be subject to Japanese law that acquired Funzio. That, and the fact that they bought Funzio to get revenue from these types of events after being banned in Japan.Your wrong Japan banned gotcha gambling which is collecting enough of something to win a prize while scratchers is just like a lotter there is a diffrence

Carlos,
07-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Yea it's illegal in Japan and GREE said that they would stop using it on May 31.

The method for obtaining the winning price didn't change though. In the old format, you had to get tires/chips/ect to win the price and you got those things randomly by luck. This new format features the same luck system except that you are now competing against others. It's the same thing.

Fredo
07-10-2012, 02:56 PM
No, I'm not wrong you buffoon.

First, it's called "gacha," which refers generally to vending machines that dispense items without telling people the contents in advance that people effectively gamble with because some have extremely valuable items, while others do not. In other words, you spend the money in the hopes of receiving a valuable item, which they apparently find indistinguishable from gambling. The "complete gacha" system previously employed by Gree was no different, because you spent money without knowing what you'd get in the hopes that you would receive the right items to complete a set and get a better item. In Japan, this was condemned because it enticed players with an appeal similar to gambling.

Second, for that reason and because the scratchers operate no differently - indeed, they are about as similar to gambling as you can get (playing the lottery - they were even too lazy to change the name from "scratchers") - it is unlikely they would be viewed any differently under Japanese law.

Third, I was able to confirm that Funzio was in fact acquired by Gree through a reverse triangular merger involving a U.S. based subsidiary, so Japanese law simply does not apply to any of the activities at issue here.

Finally, please shut up.

Carlos,
07-10-2012, 03:03 PM
The "complete gacha" system previously employed by Gree was no different, because you spent money without knowing what you'd get in the hopes that you would receive the right items to complete a set and get a better item.

Sounds a lot like spending gold to open a vault in hopes of getting a chip/tire/ect.

I think this new format of events would still be illegal in Japan, and this new leaderboard format wasn't made to get around it.

Fredo
07-10-2012, 03:08 PM
It is no different and would probably still be problematic in Japan. But that is irrelevant because the company conducting the activities and the company itself are based in the U.S. and are not subject to these types of regulations that are imposed in Japan. Let be even more clear: unless forbidden under some applicable law in the U.S. (local, state or federal), the company should be able to institute something entirely identical to the "gacha" system in Crime City, which they have essentially done.

bigflan
07-10-2012, 03:10 PM
It's very simple to avoid this for gree don't make it available in Japan simple as that

NTM
07-10-2012, 03:11 PM
cool :) i play slowly so lol...

at the moment no event on Droid :)

Bat Bully
07-10-2012, 03:23 PM
This event in no way entices me to participate.
After looking at all of the lame bummed prizes on offer including the top two and the puckered up tight bummed number of potential "winners" there is no point at all to this event.

EPIC FAIL FUNZIO GREE, legal... illegal... whatever.

I withdraw from this competition format and refuse to spend gold on these lame events. It was hard to walk away, having all but two of the special event prizes, but I did it during the last one and am happy to keep working on econ, robs, fights & goals.

Should I get any of these prizes it will be by pure fluke, as I will not be proactive about getting prizes in this event.

No more GREEdy gold. I'm sure I'm not Robinson Crusoe!

Illuminati
07-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I can only surmise that they changed the secondary top prize for the top 250 instead of 500 as in the previous event to try and entice players to compete with each other by spending more money on gold. After seeing where #500 ended up last event, I'm not even going to bother trying on this one. In fact, I think this may finally be the thing to cause me to quit this damn game, which has become nothing but a money grab by Funzio/Gree. So much for all the new content like monsters or listening to player feedback and suggestions such as new buildings and new weapons buyable with in-game cash, which would actually make developing an economy have a practical purpose.

rustbinlid
07-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Funny old thing time, in my world this event started 15 mins ago, mainly because that is when I reset my game. In the real world it started 4 hrs ago, odd then that the number one person on the leader board has already amassed 46 Katana Shard's.

I'll have whatever he is having.

So these events are no longer for the very lucky, the dirt poor, the average, the moderately wealthly , the rich, or the millionaires you now have to be an idle billionaire to play? In order to have the amount of gold it would take to amass so much in so short a time frame.

Instead of the top 25, if it had been the top 250 it might have been more of a level playing field.

Moan. moan, moan etc

DoughBoy
07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Funny old thing time, in my world this event started 15 mins ago, mainly because that is when I reset my game. In the real world it started 4 hrs ago, odd then that the number one person on the leader board has already amassed 46 Katana Shard's.

I'll have whatever he is having.

So these events are no longer for the very lucky, the dirt poor, the average, the moderately wealthly , the rich, or the millionaires you now have to be an idle billionaire to play? In order to have the amount of gold it would take to amass so much in so short a time frame.

Instead of the top 25, if it had been the top 250 it might have been more of a level playing field.

Moan. moan, moan etc

I'm kinda new to this forum and game but I get the feeling there are two caste of players. Those who spend big bucks and get the top prizes in events like this and the rest of us schlubs.

Still, those gold players may be supporting this game .. paying Gree’s bills. So I’m hold back on some of my criticism.

chbranch
07-10-2012, 04:42 PM
CC Mark...How come the events start later for individuals using Android based operating systems? If everyone is staying some dude has 50+ shards already on the leaderboard it seems a little unfair if i can't even play yet. Is there a different leaderboard and event for Android users? Sorry....new to the game if this is already known knowledge.

rustbinlid
07-10-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm kinda new to this forum and game but I get the feeling there are two caste of players. Those who spend big bucks and get the top prizes in events like this and the rest of us schlubs.

Still, those gold players may be supporting this game .. paying Gree’s bills. So I’m hold back on some of my criticism.

I am a gold player, but this time I think I'm keeping my money in the bank. It might be the end of the world in December and I might need some coin to pay the ferryman.

Seriously though, I have been playing for 12 months. I don't usually moan, but this time, they are taking the mick.
I will not stop playing though, because I am masochistic. I just want them to see me moaning. And acknowledge my moan and cry or something.

Boom
07-10-2012, 05:06 PM

First, it's called "gacha," which refers generally to vending machines that dispense items without telling people the contents in advance that people effectively gamble with because some have extremely valuable items, while others do not. In other words, you spend the money in the hopes of receiving a valuable item, which they apparently find indistinguishable from gambling. The "complete gacha" system previously employed by Gree was no different, because you spent money without knowing what you'd get in the hopes that you would receive the right items to complete a set and get a better item. In Japan, this was condemned because it enticed players with an appeal similar to gambling.

Second, for that reason and because the scratchers operate no differently - indeed, they are about as similar to gambling as you can get (playing the lottery - they were even too lazy to change the name from "scratchers") - it is unlikely they would be viewed any differently under Japanese law.

Third, I was able to confirm that Funzio was in fact acquired by Gree through a reverse triangular merger involving a U.S. based subsidiary, so Japanese law simply does not apply to any of the activities at issue here.

Finally, please shut up.Yay someone actually agree with me!

Boom
07-10-2012, 05:14 PM
I hope I get 10 event thingy seriously last time I got 10 at the last chance..

Rypezio
07-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Just obtained the event..

Neonjoe
07-10-2012, 06:08 PM
CC Mark...How come the events start later for individuals using Android based operating systems? If everyone is staying some dude has 50+ shards already on the leaderboard it seems a little unfair if i can't even play yet. Is there a different leaderboard and event for Android users? Sorry....new to the game if this is already known knowledge.

I just got the event on my Android, 5days 6 hours left the first time I saw it. Someone already with 46 on my leaderboard. Ccm addressed the difference between ios and Android a couple Weeks ago and his response was "it's not fair but that's how it is". So basically they have just said **** you to all Android players, so I have said **** you to them, you won't get any money from me. I still want to know where scratchers for Android are, to include a scratcher for every single day ios has had them and Android hasn't put in to my inventory.

Alice
07-10-2012, 06:11 PM
just curious, how many by now have collected all event items?

Boom
07-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Me so ANGRY!!!!!!

DoughBoy
07-10-2012, 06:54 PM
I am a gold player, but this time I think I'm keeping my money in the bank. It might be the end of the world in December and I might need some coin to pay the ferryman.

Seriously though, I have been playing for 12 months. I don't usually moan, but this time, they are taking the mick.
I will not stop playing though, because I am masochistic. I just want them to see me moaning. And acknowledge my moan and cry or something.

I bought some gold as well. I enjoy the game so why not pay them a bit for it. Still I count myself amoung the schlubs. I can't keep up with the top gold players. The game is also crazy addictive though. Funzio must of made a deal with the devil. Which would explain some things.

Edit: At 9am I uninstalled and reinstalled the game ... again. It rebooted my phone. I had to restart the game 3 times but the event came up.

kingjtl08
07-10-2012, 07:59 PM
These leaderboard events are leaving no chance for most of us, I had a few of the 10/10 items because I pretty much play all day. But i don't buy gold and ended up with only 12 of the last event's special items. That was like 10 off of the top500, and I get a good 18 tries a day! This time the top 250 only? Yikes! I can't see the average player coming within 15 of the leader board.

Bat Bully
07-10-2012, 08:38 PM
My avatar did that to him to show GREE what dissatisfied customers think of this event!

Reutdog
07-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Yea I just now got the event myself and I'm using an iPad. The top guy showed 74pieces at that time. I used to spend gold on this game but I'm officially a free player from now on. This doesn't make any sense and it isn't any different than the previous format. The only difference is that instead oF getting a really good prize at 10 pieces it's now at 20 and the stats aren't nearly as good as the previous event items. Ohh, and that's not taking into account that if you want the prizes with good stats then you have to be willing to spend $1000 or more for that event. No thanks! I've got better things to spend my money on! Get your stuff together GREE... You're killing this game!

bababhootnath
07-10-2012, 11:06 PM
This is third consecutive time happening that I do not get the event!

First two times I did not take it seriously. I used to get the event when 1-2 days are remaining.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice already.

xXSycoXx
07-11-2012, 12:59 AM
Worse start ever opened 5 and got 5 fails all cash option Funzio aren't getting any gold on a event when I haven't a hope to make the top 250

Nugzstar
07-11-2012, 02:16 AM
Would love to join in this event, same as I would have like to participate in the previous two too, but customer support don't/haven't got back to me. Feeling really looked after! NOT

Rgf111
07-11-2012, 02:32 AM
Has the chance of opening rate changed? i've tried 6 times using in-game money (middle option) and opened all 6 :) unfortunately only got 3 samurai and money, respect and a weapon! will i get 7 for 7 ?? DOUBT IT!! lol Expecting a few hours of nothing me thinks.

Dangerous Dan
07-11-2012, 02:56 AM
Ccm, I hope you notice that a lot of newer forum members are chiming in with a dissatisfied tone. Do you guys not take in feedback and plan accordingly based off of the general opinions and feedback of the players?

Nugzstar
07-11-2012, 03:57 AM
Like playing the game, but think there are of things that can/should be fixed though...still. Support imo is poor. 3times I had to contact them about the last event, and it was until it had pretty much finished that they got back to me. I'm not a gold player, so I'll never have the best items so event items are a nice bonus

Castun
07-11-2012, 05:14 AM
So does doing higher level jobs actually increase my chances of dropping the boxes? Or am I better off trying to master some of the mid-level areas instead? I've only got about 700 energy max, and doing the higher level stuff only gives me a few tries usually, and sometimes I don't even get a drop from those!

Also, I hope that the people on the leaderboards are at least legit gold buyers. Would hate for the top spots to be people that hack gold into their account.

DoughBoy
07-11-2012, 05:32 AM
Would love to join in this event, same as I would have like to participate in the previous two too, but customer support don't/haven't got back to me. Feeling really looked after! NOT

Well as of 8:30am USA east coast time no event for Android users. There is no game update yet at the Google store. I assume the rest of us will start sometime after the Funzio staff get in to work. But, they are on the West coast ... shouldn't they be done with their morning coffee and donuts by now?
Update: 9am installed game ... again. It caused my phone to reboot and I had to reinstall yet again. I. didn't have through game right away but it came up after a restart of the game.

Boof
07-11-2012, 05:54 AM
As an Android player and occasional gold buyer, I'm definitely feeling like a second class citizen. Does anyone know the relative number of players using iOS vs. Android? Seems like Gree isn't very interested in Android customer satisfaction...

Nugzstar
07-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Maybe as occasional non gold buying players we ARE classed as second rate civilians. Certainly makes you feel that way! Still no reply from the forum admin or support team in reply my email OR the forum form I filled in. Yep, seems clear...buy gold regular and you'll get looked after.

Canoehead
07-11-2012, 06:20 AM
Some familiar names from the last event on the leaderboard. There must be some people with really big wallets and/or really small pen1ses playing this game.

DoughBoy
07-11-2012, 06:54 AM
As an Android player and occasional gold buyer, I'm definitely feeling like a second class citizen. Does anyone know the relative number of players using iOS vs. Android? Seems like Gree isn't very interested in Android customer satisfaction...

For me this is an issue of poor communication. If they were candid about delays for some users in some areas then I would be less frustrated. Not knowing the real time the game is posted leads everyone to blame Funzio for all event issues even if it isn't their doing . And, the more cynical of us will naturally assume it is an issue of money. Actually you don't have to be cynical to assume greed is the issue in the absence of good customer service.

Nugzstar
07-11-2012, 08:13 AM
If it is a lack of communication then the admin reading this forum can forward our views onto the relevant people. I doubt it is a timezone thing cause my GF was ok getting the event and so was one of my mates that play, the other friend that plays and myself both had event delay issues (to which I STILL haven't had support contact me about) either way, it's something that needs to be fixed /looked into.

janettung
07-11-2012, 09:10 AM

I (326 906 889) got 48 chips and my friend (204 418 614) got 73 chips.
Both of us were in the 500 but neither of us got the prize.
As your new competition started already, it is really scandal that we haven't reciceved the prize and havn't received any answers from you!!!
We want to claim our prize now!

Please reply!

TRAZ
07-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I (326 906 889) got 48 chips and my friend (204 418 614) got 73 chips.
Both of us were in the 500 but neither of us got the prize.
As your new competition started already, it is really scandal that we haven't reciceved the prize and havn't received any answers from you!!!
We want to claim our prize now!

Please reply!

Have you submitted a ticket request?

Yahkin
07-11-2012, 10:53 AM
I know this was mentioned with the last event, but it's definitely worth mentioning again. The HL cash prize open should be worth more than the cash cost of opening the box. Spending $18k cash to win a $10k cash prize is silly.

DoughBoy
07-11-2012, 02:55 PM
If it is a lack of communication then the admin reading this forum can forward our views onto the relevant people. I doubt it is a timezone thing cause my GF was ok getting the event and so was one of my mates that play, the other friend that plays and myself both had event delay issues (to which I STILL haven't had support contact me about) either way, it's something that needs to be fixed /looked into.

That you have some evidence it isn't a time zone issue is real disappointing. Though I would not like it, I could accept the EuroZone countries got the Events before the USA. Again, some sort of clear communication … e.g. Events are posted at the same time for everyone around the globe, would help folks like me not feel like a dog chasing his tail.

Crime City Mark
07-11-2012, 03:00 PM
That you have some evidence it isn't a time zone issue is real disappointing. Though I would not like it, I could accept the EuroZone countries got the Events before the USA. Again, some sort of clear communication … e.g. Events are posted at the same time for everyone around the globe, would help folks like me not feel like a dog chasing his tail.

They should go out for every supported region at the same time. That is, based on our time here.

DoughBoy
07-11-2012, 03:04 PM
They should go out for every supported region at the same time. That is, based on our time here.

Thank you very very much! There is quite a bit of urban myth about that so I really appreciate the clarification. It does help me trouble shoot the issue at my end knowing when the event is up, it is up.

DoughBoy
07-11-2012, 03:17 PM

To piggy back on what CCM is saying here. I noticed when this Event started the version of CC on the Google site was the same as my version and assumed there was no update. Sometimes there is an update with an event so I know to download it. Yesterday and today, no version update for me but uninstalling and reinstalling the game did work. Time zone myth dispelled, as soon as we get notice of an Event on this forum either look for an update or if you don’t see one just reinstall the game. I know for me and some folks the Event doesn't start right away but knowing the Event is posted for everyone at the same time will save me from trying keep reinstalling the game when it doesn't work right away. I don’t know what I’ll do instead, maybe wait 15 minutes and restart the game. Maybe there is a sync issue? For sure I don’t have to be jealous of folks in the Eurozone or iOS users.

Thanks again CCM for the clarification!

letssee007
07-11-2012, 10:29 PM
First time poster

Why are the events only for gold buyers?
Where are the events that give the same benefit to everyone regardless of how big your bank balance is?

Seems to me this game is only for those who want to splash out $$ after $$.. there is no way to get close to winning these events otherwise

In the last event I got 6 tires, with at least 20 failed attempts using the "fair chance" option and a couple of other minor prizes, no where near the "fair chance" it claims,

This event is off to a similar style, 2 chests, 4 failed, 1 item and the price for opening them gets more expensive each time,

I noticed this event within 1hr of it starting, the top player already had 14 chests, so I figure why bother, waste of time, waste of money

bring some proper competition that doesnt favor the $$, or is this just a money grabbing exercise like a lot of others?

Cmon

vasu
07-12-2012, 12:02 AM
A quick question. Is it possible to hold more than 1 samurai chest at a single point of time?

dudeman
07-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I have started noticing some suspicious looking android accounts. No accusations being made, just saying I've seen some players in the high levels, some at 200, and they have the items from the box from fort knox. How long has this game been on android? A few months? Seems weird, that's all.

NTM
07-12-2012, 03:23 AM
the title is wrong here the good one :

Samurai Gold Event.

sry but a real event that not that.

Psyrecx
07-12-2012, 03:58 AM
What is considered a "fair chance"? Because I've had the case fail to open the past 8 times in a row using that choice...

Duncko
07-12-2012, 05:59 AM
What is considered a "fair chance"? Because I've had the case fail to open the past 8 times in a row using that choice...

'Fairly expected low Chance'

Bat Bully
07-12-2012, 07:51 AM
I think kevin has changed his name to l for this event!

Yahkin
07-12-2012, 09:05 AM
First time poster

Why are the events only for gold buyers?
Where are the events that give the same benefit to everyone regardless of how big your bank balance is?

Seems to me this game is only for those who want to splash out $$ after $$.. there is no way to get close to winning these events otherwise

In the last event I got 6 tires, with at least 20 failed attempts using the "fair chance" option and a couple of other minor prizes, no where near the "fair chance" it claims,

This event is off to a similar style, 2 chests, 4 failed, 1 item and the price for opening them gets more expensive each time,

I noticed this event within 1hr of it starting, the top player already had 14 chests, so I figure why bother, waste of time, waste of money

bring some proper competition that doesnt favor the $$, or is this just a money grabbing exercise like a lot of others?

Cmon

They are a business, not a charity.

Chairman Maw
07-12-2012, 09:14 AM
I've managed to get 5 shards from about 30 attempts using cash only. Not going to bother to try and get any more. Bag of W ank, these new events.

Illuminati
07-12-2012, 09:16 AM

Of all the comments in this thread, THAT's the one you decide to respond to? As a Community Manager, who I assume is someone who serves as an intermediary between the playerbase and the developers, I have yet to see any posts from you responding to the numerous complaints, suggestions, recommendations offered by the posters on this site. Nor have I seen you provide any actual feedback from the powers-that-be showing that they're at least listening to or considering the comments of the playerbase. I do hope that your employers are aware that unless things change, many people will simply walk away from this game, as many have already.

Bala82
07-12-2012, 11:03 AM
just got pimp lowrider as event prize -it's my first one :)

sexkitteh
07-12-2012, 11:04 AM
just got pimp lowrider as event prize -it's my first one :)

Nice! I like those :)

You can get them through PVP as well.

Bala82
07-12-2012, 11:15 AM
oh great you can lose it :(

sexkitteh
07-12-2012, 11:19 AM

WHAAAA?!??!?! nonono you can't lose any items if you got them (except consumable explosives)...

You are fine :P

DoughBoy
07-12-2012, 11:59 AM

As Sexkitteh says, you don't actually drop dropped items. Winners gain but not your loss. Also you can buy items in the fight/rob results list as long as it isn't a loot item. That info is of course in the fight result window. Same deal, you don't lose the item someone else purchases.

DoughBoy
07-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Of all the comments in this thread, THAT's the one you decide to respond to? As a Community Manager, who I assume is someone who serves as an intermediary between the playerbase and the developers, I have yet to see any posts from you responding to the numerous complaints, suggestions, recommendations offered by the posters on this site. Nor have I seen you provide any actual feedback from the powers-that-be showing that they're at least listening to or considering the comments of the playerbase. I do hope that your employers are aware that unless things change, many people will simply walk away from this game, as many have already.

I am not defending Funzio or CCM but he answer a technical question that many are misinformed about.

I also don't think it is his job to respond to everyones whining. People will always have a gripe. Some folks just like to hear themselves talk. I agree though that there are things on the forum that should receive a response but don't. CCM is doing an ask any question. QA . That is good! I am however going to guess CCM has other job responsibilities besides this forum and this forum may not be ranked #1 by his bosses or like everyone else he isn't given enough time to do everything. or maybe that is how my job works. I am not saying it is right either but it is what it is.

joaquim
07-12-2012, 12:34 PM
It looks like I wants to take revenge on us. He's in first place.

B-Schnoz
07-13-2012, 09:27 AM
Has this happened to anyone else?

I was rolling right along with 7 shards (all cash option) and 8 Samauri chests in hand. About 10pm last night I fire it up to try and open 1 more chest before bed and its gone - like no event is even running! I was hoping it would be back this morning but so far no luck. I've restarted the program, rebooted my phone, and then even reinstalled the program from the google play store - no luck. I've got version 2.1.6 runing on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. This is really pissing me off! First I had to wait an extra day to start and now this?

Eyelusion
07-13-2012, 09:32 AM
It looks like I wants to take revenge on us. He's in first place.

He'll show you for $800! Take that! :p

DoughBoy
07-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Has this happened to anyone else?

I was rolling right along with 7 shards (all cash option) and 8 Samauri chests in hand. About 10pm last night I fire it up to try and open 1 more chest before bed and its gone - like no event is even running! I was hoping it would be back this morning but so far no luck. I've restarted the program, rebooted my phone, and then even reinstalled the program from the google play store - no luck. I've got version 2.1.6 runing on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus. This is really pissing me off! First I had to wait an extra day to start and now this?

Did you contact tech support? Though all they will say is reinstall the game, which you already know won't work right away, maybe if they get enough trouble tickets they will fix the issue. This disappearing event thing has happened to me twice.

Dr_GeoFry
07-13-2012, 10:10 AM
I can kill and rob everybody, and yet I get very few items, like shards during these type of competitions. What am I missing?

Bala82
07-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Well i do maps there really best places to get shards -fighting/robbng is tougher because you don't know whether they have them or not. I am done since i got 10 for the car. Now i just opening all my extra chest to see what in them.

I don't care if i lose them since i got what i was aiming for but i am trying to get 15 for armour just for fun.

Maps all boss have shards so you just need attack them and any job that invloves you do same job 3-5 times will also have shards.

Eyelusion
07-13-2012, 10:31 AM
I can kill and rob everybody, and yet I get very few items, like shards during these type of competitions. What am I missing?

1. You can only get chests from attacking and robbing players who have chests to take.

2. Try doing map missions with the highest energy you can afford to use but still get 3-4, or more, hits in. I've found upwards of 170 energy give me the most chests. Currently I have 60 chests.

3. Shards are luck for the most part. Gold opens will produce more shards as every chest is an open. Fair chance with in-game cash produces about 33% opens for me and then it's still a matter of luck for the shards. Low is, well, low chance at getting much of anything.

Good luck!

Roverdog
07-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know if the events are visible only after a certain level?

I'm level 7 and have never seen the event screen.
Currently using an iPhone 4, and I've reinstalled the game twice.

Thanks!

chimera69
07-13-2012, 11:03 AM
You have to be at least level 10 for events

Roverdog
07-13-2012, 11:18 AM
Chimera69,

I was camping and the lack of events was making me crazy. ;)

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

GazLegend
07-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Just why would anyone need 199 shards

Dr_GeoFry
07-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Well i do maps there really best places to get shards -fighting/robbng is tougher because you don't know whether they have them or not. I am done since i got 10 for the car.

What do you mean you got "10 for the car"?

cookie monster
07-13-2012, 12:50 PM
What do you mean you got "10 for the car"?

I think he means the fugly whip you get when you get the 10th shard.

Not that I don't appreciate having gotten one myself, but it is not an attractive vehicle.

Dr_GeoFry
07-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Can you collect shards from missions that you've already completed?

Dipstik
07-13-2012, 01:38 PM
I got cash four times yesterday and five times already today. I have officially opened more cash than shards this event. This is crazy.

cookie monster
07-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Can you collect shards from missions that you've already completed?

Yes, you can get them from any board. I think if the "job" already has a drop item (look for the bag when you click) the rate is higher.

Ziva
07-13-2012, 03:16 PM

Finally, please shut up.

I agree with all of the above, and wanted to add the Crates as they, too, are a total gamble just as the scratchers are.

Eyelusion
07-13-2012, 07:41 PM
I got cash four times yesterday and five times already today. I have officially opened more cash than shards this event. This is crazy.

Same for me Dipstik. I'm tried cash and gold and keep getting the $10,000 prize. I hate spending 19,300 for 10,000 or 15 gold for 10,000. I thought they would fix that garbage by now. That's what I get for thinking.

DenZ1
07-13-2012, 08:05 PM
I think it is nuts how much money top 10 spend already and still 2 days left. I know some people are rich and so .. But spending all this money on 1 pixelated item??? Why do you need 200 shards? It's not like top prize goes to 1 (will be soon though). I'm just wondering for how long they'll keep dropping over $1k per event per week? 4k a month????

Thats a really nice house payment. Crazy people.

Eyelusion
07-13-2012, 08:09 PM
I think it is nuts how much money top 10 spend already and still 2 days left. I know some people are rich and so .. But spending all this money on 1 pixelated item??? Why do you need 200 shards? It's not like top prize goes to 1 (will be soon though). I'm just wondering for how long they'll keep dropping over $1k per event per week? 4k a month????

Thats a really nice house payment. Crazy people.

Even the amounts I'm hearing about for some in the top 250 is ridiculous. Some players are saying they will spend at least 1 vault of gold to get in the top 250? This game is going south in a hurry for those not wanting to spend $80-$100 every other week. Stupid.

dudeman
07-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Even the amounts I'm hearing about for some in the top 250 is ridiculous. Some players are saying they will spend at least 1 vault of gold to get in the top 250? This game is going south in a hurry for those not wanting to spend $80-$100 every other week. Stupid.

That's more of a cultural and society issue. People are becoming "ok" with mediocrity. I think that was the inspiration for a very funny movie called "idiocracy". Once people start to lower their standards, where does it end?

Dipstik
07-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Idiocracy had nothing to do with lowering standards... The premise of the movie is that the poor and stupid people are the ones breeding prolifically, while successful intelligent people are likely to have two children at most. Also, we've set up a society where people are coddled and utterly protected from their poor choices so that survival of the fittest no longer applies to humanity. We've managed to reverse the laws of evolution. Funny movie.

RMB1000
07-14-2012, 03:32 PM
You guys act like people winning the top are spending real money to buy gold. All they are doing is using gold cheats and teeing off. On the last event one guy had 60 items in 20 min. Funzio says they have a no cheating policy but try and report it. You just get a closed ticket back with an irrelevant message. My conclusion....If you are spending realmmoney on this game you are crazy.

Psyrecx
07-14-2012, 03:36 PM

That's the purpose of games like this, to get people to spend as much as possible with as minimal effort on the developers part as needed. People are stupid, that's why being above average isn't really that special, it's just above stupid. :/

richard118
07-15-2012, 03:54 AM
CCMark how about an incentive for the iph players? Can the third option be 15 gold or 5-10 million ingame cash
For the 100% open rate? This would encourage economy building and improve the longevity of the game. Would be a plus for both the players and funzio I think. Please consider it.

thecletus
07-15-2012, 09:12 AM
I am not willing to spend money on the various 'samurai/lock box/etc/" events. It's hard for me to get the bonuses. I will keep trying, but I won't spend any REAL money.

Dreno33
07-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Looks at this. Pretty interesting take... www.franksdirtyhacking.com

NO ONE CLICK LINK! he's a spam. who knows what's in that link. he's posting on every thread. don't click it.

Hed
07-15-2012, 03:31 PM
NO ONE CLICK LINK! he's a spam. who knows what's in that link. he's posting on every thread. don't click it.

I clicked on the link before i saw your post.

It appears to be a company selling ready made CC accounts with lots of cash in the bank. No talk of hacking for free gold or anything.

Mantas
07-15-2012, 04:42 PM
I am playing on galaxy s2, is that available? or.only for iPhone ? if its available for s2, how I can start it?

DoughBoy
07-15-2012, 06:08 PM
I am playing on galaxy s2, is that available? or.only for iPhone ? if its available for s2, how I can start it?

The event is nearly over but you need to either update the game or reinstall it.

TRAZ
07-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Leader board frozen last hour....

vitus79
07-16-2012, 12:30 AM
finished 128th but no promissed skillpoints. fix those prizes for christs sake. why cant items work propper? after the hidden boos from the crazy hit n runner which i still would like to see now we get hidden skillpoints? bah im done with those bidding events, they make so much money but cant get the prizes working right after receiving them. poor show conzio

righteousQ
07-16-2012, 12:34 AM
No points even after they got my credit card nice and hot! Again! I'm a sad panda!

Mr Moe
07-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Ive finished 151 did not get any skillpoints with my armor

Dreno33
07-16-2012, 12:54 AM
finished 128th but no promissed skillpoints. fix those prizes for christs sake. why cant items work propper? after the hidden boos from the crazy hit n runner which i still would like to see now we get hidden skillpoints? bah im done with those bidding events, they make so much money but cant get the prizes working right after receiving them. poor show conzio

i would be so effin' pi§§ed if that happened to me. guess i'm glad I'm no gold spender. hope they fix that crap "decently" soon

vitus79
07-16-2012, 12:58 AM
funny is the mafia cap increase works, why make events where the top prize works but the 2nd doesnt. i will never understand them..

Brooklyn Boy
07-16-2012, 01:02 AM
Does anybody know what the shard cut off point was for the 250

MaddSkillz
07-16-2012, 01:06 AM
Where is the final leader board posted?

Grumps
07-16-2012, 01:07 AM
So whats the deal wit the attack points Mark Starting to  around here...

reactiionz
07-16-2012, 01:14 AM
You guys should add me 184 917 649.

vitus79
07-16-2012, 01:19 AM
You guys should add me 184 917 649.

you should post this to the right thread

reactiionz
07-16-2012, 01:37 AM
you should post this to the right thread

Yeah I realised that once I posted it, but my phone can't delete that post I keep pressing delete and tried editing it but hasn't worked. Ill edit on computer tomorrow.

righteousQ
07-16-2012, 01:42 AM
I finished at 50th with 60 shards I do believe. I think 250 was somewhere around 40 shards

MaddSkillz
07-16-2012, 02:13 AM
I had 39 I didn't get squat

Crime City Mark
07-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Those of you experiencing the issue, are you on Android? I'm told there may be some issues for Android users, but those should be fixed today.

janettung
07-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Have you submitted a ticket request?
I did . But nobody solve the problem!

Grumps
07-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Those of you experiencing the issue, are you on Android? I'm told there may be some issues for Android users, but those should be fixed today.

Im on Ipad2 and havent received attack points yet. If that answers your question Mark

balax
07-16-2012, 09:02 AM

the news would be not to have an issue

Dangerous Greg
07-16-2012, 09:05 AM
Im on Ipad2 and havent received attack points yet. If that answers your question Mark

I can second that experience; I have the iPad 3 and have not seen the attack increase either.

TRAZ
07-16-2012, 09:25 AM

Nope, Ipad 2 user here. I submitted a ticket when I noticed it earlier.

balax
07-16-2012, 10:02 AM
i suggest to be one of those invisible prizes, there is no need to see what u r paying for.

I really can't get how it's possible for a company not to be ready to give the product that somebody bought and this to be happening every time

bru747
07-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey Mark,

first off, thank you for being customer friendly. That is a great + for the brand.
Having said that, I finished within the top 250 with the leaderboard frozen at the end of the event but I have not seen my item posted yet nor my attack skills. I'm an iphone player. I submitted a ticket this morning. My last ticket took 2 weeks before I got a response and now C. is looking to resolve. Is this still the case where it will take forever to get a response and longer for a solution?
Finally, I just want to say that all of us enjoy playing this game, evidenced by the insane amount of $$$ the top 25 dropped this past week. The point is shouldn't all the quirks be worked out (beta tested) before the event is released? It is not at all great for the brand that we spend $$$ on the game but there are always glitches. I am not pleased at all to have spent $79.99 + tax in gold just to make the top 250 and to not see my winnings reflected accurately.

HB

Crime City Mark
07-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Just received word from the engineering team that the Imperial Samurai Armor is bugged and is being fixed right now.

vitus79
07-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Just received word from the engineering team that the Imperial Samurai Armor is bugged and is being fixed right now.

good news, thx mark. happens alot to those prize bonus, maybe some beta testings could make sure they work as they should when they go to our inventories? ppl spend alot of money on the new event type. they just deserve a prize working when delivered no?

Dangerous Greg
07-16-2012, 06:58 PM
I did get my 100 attack points now! Good work Mark and say thanks to our team. I hope everyone else's is working now as well.

The Billionaire
07-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Got my attack points, woohoo. That means I've got 300 attack skill points now, only if I knew exactly how they work lol

vitus79
07-16-2012, 10:34 PM
yes works now. one would think 436 atk skill should make a diffrence now

Castun
07-17-2012, 05:24 AM
This event was a total joke...I only ended up with 7 shards in the end because I had SO MANY IN A ROW fail to open on the middle level. I think I had 30 I didn't even get around to opening because they just kept building up. I miss the old style events.

Duncko
07-17-2012, 06:07 AM
This event was a total joke...I only ended up with 7 shards in the end because I had SO MANY IN A ROW fail to open on the middle level. I think I had 30 I didn't even get around to opening because they just kept building up. I miss the old style events.

Well, at least your stats got boosted slightly (as a free player) by the 33/35 Imperial Tanto.

Castun
07-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I had a couple hundred gold to spend, but after reading how much people have spent just to get to 20 made me not want to waste it on that.

Crime City Mark
07-17-2012, 11:08 AM
The bonus for this item has been fixed. I'll get the winner list up in a bit.

OJ8134
07-18-2012, 04:43 PM
I've been playing crime city for 5 months, being active everyday. I have spent more money than I ever expected to spend on a game. I have been at least in the top 250 till this last event where the game started 8 hours into the game and I was believing it must of started on the international time line. I was in the top 250 till 2 hours before the game ended and my phone reloaded, no more event. I was very disappointed not even knowing if I was even in the top 250..not only spending over $400 for gold last weekend.

My daughter plays it on her iPhone..when it starts up there is a scratch off..my android does not. My stats show me over 40k on both attack and defense..from her iPhone it shows me below 20k..I get attack every time from players under 15k and getting my butt beat..I can't fight anyone over 20k. I have equal amounts of defense buildings as money buildings and my weapons are equipped with the best money can buy. After this past weekend I have come to a conclusion..someone just got rich and I got poorer..and to spend this kind of money and I am not including from day one playing; I have now refrain from playing anymore gold on this game..it is sad. I have sent tickets to support along with videos of the game and the quirks it has. Including my loss of 240 bars of gold on the last event with the crazy n hit runner. The ticket I got back is to uninstall the game and re-install it, which I did and nothing happened.

I agree with everyone that the game should be tested before money is spent on losing a quirk game..ever been to an casino and win the big bars across the slot machine just to have no money comes out of the machine??