PDA

View Full Version : Monster Killing

Maximus2012
07-10-2012, 10:29 AM
IŽve been killing the weakest monsters as I figure IŽll get more weapon and armour drops. Is there any point in killing the tougher monsters, some that require you to buy expensive equipment? Does anything special happen or do you get better equipment?

spectra
07-10-2012, 10:46 AM
IŽve been killing the weakest monsters as I figure IŽll get more weapon and armour drops. Is there any point in killing the tougher monsters, some that require you to buy expensive equipment? Does anything special happen or do you get better equipment?

you get better loot and they drop more gold too
you also have to put your skill points toward your hero strenght
first level up you get 3 skill points, use 2 for a 1 hero streght point and BANK the other skill point, in the next level up you will have then 4 skill points to exchange for 2 hero strenght points, the higher your hero strenght the easier to kill monsters.

FOR EXAMPLE: I have 151 (I am lv-122) hero strenght points and have mastered level 5 Dwarven Mine, I have killed the Bone lord (has about 1,000 life points) about 30 or more times and it only takes me about 7 hits to do so, same goes for the primal king at the nomanic campment, currently mastering lv-5 (150/300 kill so far) he drops very nice loot and $17k everytime also takes about 7-8 hits
most of the other monsters here for me take about 2-3 hits to kill
monsters in the first 9 maps or so, only take me 1 hit to kill 2 if they are bosses
at first it was somewhat tough since it took me 3/4 hits to kill monsters at maps lv-1 and 2 but I kept putting my skill points into hero strenght, now it takes me 2/3 to kill monster in the lv-5 maps and 1 hit for those in lv-1/3

best investment I have made was to put all in hero strenght, since I use less energy to kill monster, I can kill lots of more monsters and get tons of loot and gold

So, yes, kill the stronger monsters, some you will have to pay $49k, $45k, $19k to buy the armor/weapons to be able to attack them, but in the short/mid term you will make that money back

The_Red
07-10-2012, 11:01 AM
you get better loot and they drop more gold too

I'm not convinced that the bosses on a map drop better loot - most of my best loot came from the lowest end of the monsters on a given map.

MaverickMunkey
07-10-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm not convinced that the bosses on a map drop better loot - most of my best loot came from the lowest end of the monsters on a given map.

I agree with you here Red. The loot doesn't seem to be tied to a particular monster - it seems that all the characters on the maps have the option to drop the same loot.

Joie
07-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Agreed bosses do not drop better loot, they are best used as a vault. Take several maps bosses and top end units down to one hit left and when the time comes and you need a large sum of cash you have it on hand without worry of going over any vault limit

spectra
07-10-2012, 01:44 PM
not only the bosses, I meant all the monster that he is asking "should I pay" to kill them, the stronger monsters in general.
I have gotten very good loot from the low class monster too, actually in general I get good loot from them all,
I kill them all equally now, since some of them only have like 2/5 energy points of diff, and I am trying to master the map fast, I kill mostly the "easy" ones, but the bosses too, a couple of hits here, a couple there, then bam, get $17k and they have 100% drop rate so far, plus I level up faster

spectra
07-10-2012, 01:47 PM
I agree with you here Red. The loot doesn't seem to be tied to a particular monster - it seems that all the characters on the maps have the option to drop the same loot.

Agree, for example I have received the "vortex suit" from the bone lord, primal king, Gnat, Slug, miner, Scorpions, then again I have kill them dozens of times, so I have gotten various different items from the same type of monster, I recall the bone lord dropping 5/6 different class of items so far, I am sure the others are pretty much the same

whiterider
07-10-2012, 02:32 PM
That is interesting, you people are saying that you kill the bosses many times. Is this only on the higher maps, because up to this moment (eagles peak) the bosses in my game can be killed only twice and after that they stop show up.

spectra
07-10-2012, 02:40 PM
That is interesting, you people are saying that you kill the bosses many times. Is this only on the higher maps, because up to this moment (eagles peak) the bosses in my game can be killed only twice and after that they stop show up.

You can kill them as many times as you want if you know how to make them reappear, which is fairly easy
follow this steps:
1 - hit all the monsters in the map until they only have one hit to kill
2 - chose any of them and kill it
3 - if the same monster reappear, then hit him again but DO NOT KILL HIM and kill a different monster (Example, you kill a Gnat, and another Gnat reapear, then just hit it but do not kill it and kill a different monster)
4 - repeat #3 until the monster you killed reappear as a different monster (example, Dwarven mine, you kill A slug, and a scorpion appear, then kill that scorpion, it will probably reappear as a different monster again, let us say a miner, kill it and so on, until it becomes the Bone Lord, It usually happens after 4/5 kills.

TIP: also if you know that it usually takes you 2 hits to kill certain monster, the bone lord will take you 3, for example you kill the bone lord and see a Gnat appear, you know that it takes you 2 hits to kill it, but then see it took you 3, and a different monster appeared after that, that is just the Bone lord "disguissed"

Like I said, it works for me and I have honestly kill him over 40 times (to master lv 1 to lv-5 map you have to kill a total of 900 monsters 60, 120, 180, 240, then 300 added = 900)

The_Red
07-10-2012, 04:54 PM

In the last 3-4 maps they reappear. They're good to use (as others mentioned) as additional vaults. You can pretty easily save up 100k there if you are stretching your vault to get your first manor.

GetItOn
07-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Spectra: you mentioned you're lvl 122. Is there no lvl cap? I assumed it was 100 based on max allies of 500 (5x your lvl). Thanks

MaverickMunkey
07-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Spectra: you mentioned you're lvl 122. Is there no lvl cap? I assumed it was 100 based on max allies of 500 (5x your lvl). Thanks

Max level is 200 but max allies is still 500.

GetItOn
07-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks monkey. This might be a side topic but everything I've read in the forums point to a high IPH as being vital to success. However spectra's last sig stated 4k at lvl 92. Is that supplemented with buying coins or can income be effectively subsidized thru pve monster killing? I'm lvl 42 and I want to use every energy bar killing monsters but most ppl claim it's better to camp and build up IPH first. That seems boring as hell to me but I don't want to cripple myself end-game. So is it possible to have enough money thru drops rather than spend a month camping?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions.